Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2009, 01:06 PM   #46
Arabella1978
Mouseketeer

We just got back last weekend from WDW and we used the monkey backpack on my three year old. The crowds were horrible and she is NOT a runner, but I still wouldn't have gone without it. After fireworks at MK last monday night I would feel scared NOT having a child on one. The crowd leaving the park was ENORMOUS and I was paranoid that even WITH it we were going to lose her in the throngs....still makes me shudder!
Arabella1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:19 PM   #47
Jennygt
DIS Veteran

My 2.5 yr olds new thing is " I want to walk, by myself!" Which to him means without holding my hand, he is good about it in a parking lot or street but as soon as we are in the store it starts a battle, I know he can't always have his way and I am teaching him to stay close, but I don't want to have to keep chasing him while were are in WDW so I am going to give the back pack a try and see how it goes, if it keeps him safe and not having a meltdown then it is a good thing IMHO, and I was one of those people that thought it was strange, even when my ds was young, now that he is a toddler I get it! Being a parent has taught me to never say never and not to judge others, especialy when you are out, we all do what we have to keep the kids as well behaved as possible while out. Not always how I would handle things at home but who wants to hear my screaming toddler while at a meal, or a theme park, not me!

Jennygt is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2009, 01:37 PM   #48
mjkacmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeninTN View Post
I would have never used one for DS, but w/ twins now, I don't see how I could NOT use one. I have one that thinks outside means running & I can hardly keep up with her in the church crowd, so I know I will not be able to keep up at DW. I think of it as a must in our case, for the safety of DD and the person she is going to make fall when she runs into them.
I never used one until I had my twins. It was wonderful to finally let them out of the stroller when I was by myself! How else would they learn not to run in the street, run on peoples' lawns, etc. Especially at crowded evening events, they were much needed.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:36 PM   #49
3boymthr
DIS Veteran

We had one and LOVED it for DS#1 & DS#2. #3 never needed it. Best thing ever. I heartily recommend them.

One suggestion though - Don't wait until WDW to try it out. Some kids get very upset the first time it goes on. I saw a child screaming and pulling at it one time. I'd suggest you get DS used to the leash/harness by having him wear it for short trips - at first try from the car into the post office, the bank, the coffee shop, etc. Then longer jaunts such as a trip to the grocery store or Wally World, Target. This way he's accustomed to his limits and doesn't get mad/upset about having it on when you get to WDW. My boys got so used to wearing it that they would just walk calmly beside me like a well mannered child while it was on, but the minute it came off - can you say bullet?
Old 03-31-2009, 10:38 PM   #50
emh1129
I admit, though, that I had Disney-tunnel-vision
Had a fish named mushroom
Most of the people here are completely clueless

I haven't personally used one before, but I think they can be very useful in certain instances.
I wish people would just live and let live. And not judge so darn much.

emh1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:02 AM   #51
newddmommie
Mouseketeer

I was thinking about this yesterday and i don't understand why we parents (no one of this thread) feel the need to be so judgemental of each other.. if putting a leash on your child makes you feel better go for it. We will be trying it soon as our DD doesnt' always want to be in a stroller (and who would?). For people without kids who say just hold your childs hand, they obviously have never had their child drop their legs out from under them and pop out their elbow. I feel the leash is better than a trip to the ER. So PARENTS UNITE and lets support each other.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:06 AM   #52
Sunik35
Earning My Ears

Backpack

We went in Jan I used one for my 2yr old and it was a life saver. She is very independent and wants to be a big girl and walk around by herself.
I have the monkey backpack that has the leash attached. You can buy them at Target or Walmart for 9.99.

ALL STAR MOVIES SEPT 18-25 2010
CSR Sept 17-24 2011
Sunik35 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: