Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Don't break my heart, Mickey!! FINISHED 7/2!! Page 11.

HI EVERYONE! Welcome to my first Trip Report! I did a Pre-Trip Report – “It’s Guys Like You Mickey..” which you can read here. It’s not very long, but for those of you who would rather not read it, I’ll give you a brief overview! THANKS SO MUCH to my AWESOME readers for following my PTR, and hopefully coming over here to read this TR! You guys are awesome

So let's get started!

I’m Cinderella, a 21 year-old college student. Here's me:

(YES, that IS David Cook, winner of American Idol - Season 7, in the photo with me!)

I love, love, love Disney World but I can rarely find people to go down to Orlando with me. Everyone my age thinks that they are "too cool for Disney" or that “Disney is for kids” Even my parents think it is weird that I’m 21 and still find things to do there. Sad, I know. Anyways, I’ve been going to Disney World every year for the past few years during the spring to watch Spring Training baseball. After last year, though, my team moved out to Arizona so I really didn’t expect to go back to Disney any time soon after last spring.

However, my friend – Aurora – is married to an awesome guy who happens to play professional baseball! This winter he signed with the MLB team I did my internship with, and they train in Florida! So this was the perfect excuse to go down to the Orlando area and visit with old friends and watch some baseball.

But you didn’t think I could make it to Florida without going to Disney World, did you? Of course not! So I recruited my friend – Belle – to come with me and “do” Disney again. She isn’t a Disney nut like me, and I think she was just excited to go to Florida to be in the warm weather!

However, we booked our flights for 3/18-3/23, got an awesome deal on a hotel, made some ADR's and were off to WDW! Please stay tuned so I can share our awesome adventures with you!

Last edited by AlohaPolynesian; 07-02-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Hey girly. I'm here!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Hey girly. I'm here!
Yay!! I'll start soon. Today was syllabus day so no homework yet...which means plenty of time to get my TR under way! I'm just uploading some photos now. I'll probably update later! Thanks for coming over!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
redlight
DIS Veteran

Looking forward to more!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:02 PM   #5
Nicole786
DIS Veteran

On board! looks like its gonna be fun!

Next Trip: September 25, 2014!
Universal's Royal Pacific Resort & Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:14 AM   #6
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 03-31-2009, 08:03 AM   #7
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

I'm here! So glad you started!

PS: If my sister saw that picture of you with David Cook she would be very jealous...she loves him!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 03-31-2009, 08:13 AM   #8
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

Sign me up for the fun!
Old 03-31-2009, 09:00 AM   #9
PrincessCaitlin
DIS Veteran

I'm in

The Hot Fudge Terrorists and the Curse of the Drunken Punkin

How Much was It?!?!?!?! The tale of our best trip ever!!!!

*The opinions and comments in the above post do not reflect the views, opinions, policies, or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates,
including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all other included areas.*
Old 03-31-2009, 09:54 AM   #10
Space Command
Mouseketeer

Cant wait to read more. I was always in the same boat ... couldn't find anyone to go with me
Old 03-31-2009, 10:17 AM   #11
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post
Looking forward to more!
Thanks for coming over here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole786 View Post
On board! looks like its gonna be fun!
Yay! Thanks for joining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
I'm in!
Yay!! Thanks for following

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
I'm here! So glad you started!

PS: If my sister saw that picture of you with David Cook she would be very jealous...she loves him!
Hahah! He was pretty cool. I don't know why he's making that face though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
Sign me up for the fun!
Woo woo! Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessCaitlin View Post
I'm in
Yay!! I'm glad you came over here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Command View Post
Cant wait to read more. I was always in the same boat ... couldn't find anyone to go with me
I think I'm PRETTY close to convincing my mom to do a weekend!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:24 AM   #12
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

First Night

So on Wednesday morning I had a final exam, so we were booked on the last flight out that night. We headed to the airport and grabbed a bite to eat since we knew it would be hard to find someplace that was open when we arrived at the resort later that night. I’ve NEVER seen the airport so crowded and I fly quite often, so it took a long time to get something for dinner. But by the time we were done, it was time to board the plane!

I boarded before Belle did (Southwest) and saved her a seat. When we were waiting for the rest of the passengers to board we noticed that our male flight attendant was very attractive. This is terrible, but we assumed he was – you know… not interested in us. So stereotypical, I know. Then about halfway through the flight he started talking to us about where we were going, etc. He gave us free drinks after he asked if we were “of age” and we talked with him for quite a bit. We decided to write down our numbers and hand it to him as we left, which Belle did ever so smoothly. We NEVER do this!! But he totally looked like Kyle XY/Matt Dallas. Google him if you’ve never seen him – so cute!

So we landed at MCO around 10:30PM and headed downstairs to the ME counter. I was really surprised that it was so busy that late, but it seemed like there were quite a few international travelers. Our bus to All Star Sports waited a while until it was full and our driver said that the All Star Sports resort was the first stop!!! Here’s a photo I took while waiting for the bus to load:

So we started on the bus ride and as the video began to play, Belle and I got text messages - who could be texting us this late? Everyone we knew had already been informed that we had arrived safely. So I open the message at the same time as Belle and we see that it is from the flight attendant! He offered to show us around downtown Orlando with his buddy, but we said he should come to WDW and hang out with us at DTD or Boardwalk. He didn’t like that idea and after some pretty strange text messages, we decided to igore him. (I know, we shouldn't have given him our #'s – my mother already told me not to give my number to strange people. He was just soo cute!)

So by the time we knew we weren’t interested in Mr. Southwest anymore, we had arrived at All Star Sports! I tried to take a photo of the outside but it was difficult to do in the dark and it really just didn’t come out. We grabbed our luggage from under the bus (well, the ME guy did) and headed inside to check in. Here is the check in area:

The CM told us that we were in the Tennis area, so we headed though the pool area (which was still hopping at almost midnight!) and past this cute Lifeguard post.

When we finally got to our room, we opened the door and saw this on one of the beds! So cute!

Here’s what the rest of the room looked like:

We didn’t even bother unpacking since we were getting up early to grab breakfast and meet Aurora before heading over to Animal Kindom Lodge and then to EPCOT for the day. We turned on our new best friend Stacey and fell asleep immediately!

I was pretty nervous about staying at All Star Sports. I really, really don’t like those outdoor corridors. It makes me feel unsafe when traveling with just one other person. Also the latch lock on our door was loose and I was scared it would come out. It still kept the door locked, but it made me nervous. I probably wouldn’t stay at All Star Sports again, but it did the job for our first night.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:27 AM   #13
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Oooh he looked like Matt Dallas?! Yum! You should've taken a picture with him.

Aw, you got a Mickey head towel! We got one of those on our '07 trip! I didn't want to pick it up and ruin it!
Old 03-31-2009, 11:16 AM   #14
Sarah84
DIS Veteran

YAY you've started your trippie and a great start too

Shame Mr Southwest turn't a bit strange, I have no idea who Matt Dallas is so will have to go google him.
Look forward to reading more
April 2012: Disney World wedding & Mexico honeymoon
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Old 03-31-2009, 12:00 PM   #15
Space Command
Mouseketeer

Great start. Thats good that you convinced your mom. My last trip down i had to disguise as a golf trip to get people come with.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: