Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2009, 03:04 AM   #91
glendalais
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure_Imagination View Post
I will be in merchandise. Are short boots allowed in any of the locations? I'm not talking about boots that come up to your knee and have a super skinny heel a few inches tall but short boots that come just above your ankle and have maybe a 1/2-1 inch heel. Also, are any kind of buckles allowed on boots/dress shoes?
Generally, No. The only type of boots permitted tend to be of the Brown Hiking Variety.

Quote:
Was wearing sneakers comfortable during those long shifts? I'm starting to hope I get a role that allows sneakers because I've worked retail for awhile and have always had to wear dress shoes, and they can be very not comfortable when you start having long shifts But was wearing sneakers not as great as it sounds?
I've been with Disney for over two years, most of that wearing sneakers, and have never had a problem. If you find them uncomfortable, there are a wide variety of gel insoles available.

Quote:
Also, I saw somewhere in this thread that some of the merchandise locations require black shoes. Do you usually have a choice (for girls) between dress shoes and sneakers or is it always one or the other?
Some areas allow for Cast Members to choose, some areas do not. Depends on the theming and job requirements.

I've never heard of those kinds of shoes being permitted under The Disney Look. It's either

Former Disneyland Resort Cast Member

The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company and Affiliated Companies, nor of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc..
glendalais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:22 AM   #92
DisneyGirlie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewjubean View Post
Would something like this work for Merchandise, I've currently got a pair like this and would love not to have to but another pair once I get there!http://shop.crocs.com/pc-1997-4-saff...tegories=3,128
Did anybody ever find out if that style would work? I don't even know if they make those anymore, but I do know that from reading the description online it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Leather upper, slip resistant sole, comfortable, etc. I'm going to be working Merchandise on Sunset at Disney's Hollywood Studios. My training paper tells me what shoes I need. It says "solid black, free of ornamentation, and must have a polishable leather surface."

Yet it also says style varies by location.

And it also says that it expects me for training to be wearing the appropriate shoes. I start training tomorrow so I have to find some today. Help?!
1994-2004 Off-site * Spring 2005 Caribbean Beach- Martinique * Spring 2006 All-Star Movies- Fantasia * Nov. 18- Nov. 24 2006 Pop Century- '50s * March 2nd-7th 2007 Pop Century- '80s * Oct. 12- Oct. 17th 2007 Pop Century- '60s * Feb. 2- Feb. 8th 2008 Polynesian- Hawaii*Sept. 27th-Oct. 3rd 2008 Grand Floridian- Boca Chica*Dec. 13- Dec 17th 2008 Port Orleans Riverside- Oak Manor*May 16- May 23rd 2009 Beach Club Resort*Aug. 10-Aug. 13th 2009 Pop Century- '50s.*Dec. 10- Dec. 13th 2009 Yacht Club Resort*March 6-10th 2010 Contemporary MK View*July 31st- Aug 7th 2010 Contemporary MK View
October 27-October 30 2010 Pop Century*Animal Kingdom Lodge- Dec. 11-16th 2010*June 8th-13th 2011 Coronado Springs- Cabanas.* Fall Advantage College Program 6/11-1/12*Boardwalk Inn August 2012*October 2012 All-Star Sports*January 2013 Port Orleans French Quarter*1/21/13-8/13 Spring Advantage College Program
DisneyGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2011, 04:00 PM   #93
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGirlie View Post
Did anybody ever find out if that style would work? I don't even know if they make those anymore, but I do know that from reading the description online it sounds exactly like what I'm looking for. Leather upper, slip resistant sole, comfortable, etc. I'm going to be working Merchandise on Sunset at Disney's Hollywood Studios. My training paper tells me what shoes I need. It says "solid black, free of ornamentation, and must have a polishable leather surface."

Yet it also says style varies by location.

And it also says that it expects me for training to be wearing the appropriate shoes. I start training tomorrow so I have to find some today. Help?!
I've seen people wearing similar shoes at those locations. If you wear the wrong type of shoes on the first day its not really a big deal, your trainer will tell you if they are the wrong kind.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #94
tripletots
DIS Veteran

Bumping......

This thread is old, but still a good source for information.

Also, does the sock color have to match the shoe? And what type of sock? Ankle,crew, no shows?????

My DD will be in attractions starting in Jan. As a Disney guest I know the importance of a good quality shoe. Working there on a daily basis for months I assume the shoe MUST be a quality shoe.

. .
tripletots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #95
Andtototoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletots View Post
Bumping......

This thread is old, but still a good source for information.

Also, does the sock color have to match the shoe? And what type of sock? Ankle,crew, no shows?????

My DD will be in attractions starting in Jan. As a Disney guest I know the importance of a good quality shoe. Working there on a daily basis for months I assume the shoe MUST be a quality shoe.
The rules vary by location. My dd was in Attractions and her location's rules were:

--Black "manager" shoes from Walmart. (My dd wore them every day for her entire CP and they were fine for her. She never once complained about her feet.)
--Black socks with uniform pants
--White socks with uniform shorts
--All socks must come up over the ankle

Other locations had different rules. Most people have to run out after Traditions or the first day of work and buy the required items.
Andtototoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #96
khancock
DIS Veteran

Be sure to read this article on their blog about shoes.

https://disneyprogramsblog.com/?p=3573
khancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #97
Aspiring
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know what shoes lifeguards wear? Flip flops?

"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."
-Walt Disney
Aspiring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #98
AnimalKingdomDVC
Earning My Ears

I wonder about Concierge and if you can wear Professional Dankos!

Disney College Program
~Spring 2013 Concierge~
AnimalKingdomDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #99
AnimalKingdomDVC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring View Post
Does anyone know what shoes lifeguards wear? Flip flops?
when I have stayed at the Beach Club, the Wilderness and AKL, I have seen them wear crocs. I had a decision one time with a lifeguard and we talked about it.

Disney College Program
~Spring 2013 Concierge~
Old 10-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #100
Aspiring
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalKingdomDVC

when I have stayed at the Beach Club, the Wilderness and AKL, I have seen them wear crocs. I had a decision one time with a lifeguard and we talked about it.
Oh dear god crocs? Anything else?

"Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children."
-Walt Disney
Aspiring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #101
jenniy122
Mouseketeer

Anyone know what shoes they wear for costuming? The pants are black so I assume the shoes are black, but dress vs. sneakers?
2011 - POP
2014 - POP

my blog

jenniy122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #102
AnimalKingdomDVC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspiring

Oh dear god crocs? Anything else?
Lol....that is what I saw. Not sure what else they wear! Sorry!

Disney College Program
~Spring 2013 Concierge~
Old 10-22-2012, 10:35 PM   #103
NHSchool2012
DCP Alumni -- Earned my Ears!

I'm going to be working in QSFB.. I was thinking some king of plastic shoe would be best for in the kitchens, and a dress shoe for in the dining area?
NHSchool2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:50 AM   #104
khancock
DIS Veteran

If you guys take the time to read the article on the official blog, you will see that if you are working in foods and custodial that your shoes are provided to you.

As for everyone else, you really ought to wait until you are there and receive the specific color, style, and safety requirements from your training team before you purchase anything. doing it prior to getting down there is a risk.

https://disneyprogramsblog.com/?p=3573
khancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:12 PM   #105
BeastlyKingdoms
Earning My Ears

Hiking Boots

I am beginning a PI with DAK in the Spring and have already been told that I need brown or tan hiking boots or hiking shoes.

Anyone have any good brands or suggestions? I have very small feet so I could potentially wear children's sizes.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: