Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2010, 09:47 PM   #1276
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
I was at WW last night and someone mentioned tortilla's that are whole wheat from La Tortilla Factory if you buy the smaller ones (for those of you doing WW) I think a serving size is 2 tortilla's it's only 1 point. I went and bought some I am going to try them with taco's this week. They would be good to use them in a wrap to.
I use the large ones for burritos, fajitas, or just toasted over a flame with soup or chili. They're not great on their own, but filled with spicy yumminess, they work out just fine. I think they have added fiber along with the whole wheat.

Congrats on the loss, Fran!
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:29 AM   #1277
Bee
Dreaming is what is making me get up each day!

I have made a mistake..

Hi All,

I originally left this thread two years ago.. because, I would post things and then comments would be made in person and on line about what I posted. I waited to come back... (some people here will remember that)

Well, the other day, I had things I had said brought to my attention again.. Someone knows I started posting again, even though that person has not posted on this site for a very long time...

So, as much as I luv ya all.... I can not be here... I was looking forward to the support and fun we used to have... but, frankly I can't ever have that again..

I am still not smoking... and still eating better... I wish you all well... I still choose to live!!!

Love ya,
Bee

I will continue to read the boards, share things I find interesting... if people are going to post on a public board, isnt it the intention that people read it and everything written becomes public information? I will just choose to not be so open about myself..

1977 Disneyland offsite 1989 WDW Christmas offsite 2003 Disneyland Grand Calif. 2005 WDW 10-22 to 10-27 AsMO also MNSSHP 2005 2005 DCL Wonder 10-27 to 10-30 ] Hoping to return yearly.Now- hoping to go back SOMEDAY... Wishing you a Magical Day[/COLOR] Divorced mother of 2 beautiful DD One 17 one 15 Wilma, forgotten suitcases and cruising Oct 2005
[quit smoking- yay me]
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2010, 06:39 AM   #1278
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Bee- I haven't been here long enough to know what happened, but good luck and congratulations on quitting smoking!

Some of my friends and I are signed up for an evening college class 1 day a week for the whole semester and it's a 3 hour class so those days are going to be ridiculously difficult to exercise. I might just have to keep my workout on the weekends and make sure to save them for the days I have class.

I've been becoming less and less motivated to workout since school started because I have so much work to do, but I'm still getting up and doing it anyway! This week has been so long! Food is doing okay, the dark chocolate m&ms are always tempting me when I open the fridge though.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Adventure is out there!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
::Snow_White:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:00 AM   #1279
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Hi All,

I originally left this thread two years ago.. because, I would post things and then comments would be made in person and on line about what I posted. I waited to come back... (some people here will remember that)

Well, the other day, I had things I had said brought to my attention again.. Someone knows I started posting again, even though that person has not posted on this site for a very long time...

So, as much as I luv ya all.... I can not be here... I was looking forward to the support and fun we used to have... but, frankly I can't ever have that again..

I am still not smoking... and still eating better... I wish you all well... I still choose to live!!!

Love ya,
Bee

I will continue to read the boards, share things I find interesting... if people are going to post on a public board, isnt it the intention that people read it and everything written becomes public information? I will just choose to not be so open about myself..

Say it isn't so! I haven't been around long enough either to know what happened, I think this is terrible. I don't get it? I really am upset about this. You should be able to post here for support and encouragement.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:24 AM   #1280
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
Say it isn't so! I haven't been around long enough either to know what happened, I think this is terrible. I don't get it? I really am upset about this. You should be able to post here for support and encouragement.
I agree! Bee I do not understand what is going on either but it's a shame that you feel you can not post here any longer. We will always be here if you decide to change your mind.

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:59 PM   #1281
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Anderson Cooper stews my juices!
Wanna move in with me?

Well having been here from the beginning, I do know what Bee is going through and it makes me very sad that she feels she can't post here. We'll miss you Bee and I am glad that you are still going to read the thread. Keep up the great work! It is iomportant that you get healthy to be around for your beautiful daughters. Feel free to PM me with your progress and to let me know how you are doing. Maybe by PMing me it will help you to stick with the program....I think it will help me too!

I am scheduled to weigh in tomorrow and I think it is going to be a gain for me, I am expectiong Aunt Flo and my Birthday was this week, so I didn't behave very well....a bad combination for stepping on the scale...oh wel;l there's always next week!
Old 01-14-2010, 09:32 PM   #1282
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Bee - Wishing you the best. I don't know why someone would care if you post about quitting smoking and weight loss here. That just seems a little stalker-y and OCD. Anyway, like PD said, send a PM to me once in a while so we can stay in touch. Good luck and God bless.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:40 AM   #1283
Sparkie
DIS Veteran

Bee ..... I will miss you but you know we are always here when you are ready

Congratulations on quitting smoking! That can be one of the hardest things to ever do. My mom smoked for years and last year at age 60 she almost died. She was in the hospital on a breathing machine. Her lungs damaged from years of smoking. Dont let that be your wake up call. Cause you are right, you've got your girls and most importantly you've got yourself. I would imagine that loosing weight would be a breeze compared to giving up smoking. You are already 1 step forward on your quest of self improvement. So much of our habits be it smoking, over eating, lack of exercising , whatever are more deeply rooted that what people see on the surface. Heck, if it werent for stress, I'd still weigh 120 (just a dream, just a dream) but as women, as wives, as mothers, as caregivers, as employees, as what ever else you choose to define yourself with, I have often found that the person that gets left off the list is "ME"..... I just keep loosing that girl. She used to be fun and spontaneous and healthly thin. Now she is everything to everybody, and they pull her to to point where she thinks she might snap or explode so to curb those out of control moment or so it seems I induldge in some more out of control behavior and any and everything in sight trying to stuff down feelings, anxieties, and mostly "ME"

Whew! that was a long ramble.....

My point.... we all come here with stuff. Its our stuff and our struggle to deal with the stuff that gives us common ground.

We post here because we need our innermost thoughts to be heard. there may be another peep feeling just as lost and now that peep can cling to you for support.

Our struggles have to be met one at a time. And with the love and support of friends (peeps) we can conquer our inner fears and perceived inadequaticies.

"It takes a villiage to raise a child"

It takes a PEEP to pry that chocolate cake from your grimmy little fingers.

Nobody is perfect. We are all just trying to be the best we can be.

And like you Bee....

I CHOOSE TO LIVE not just for the family but FOR ME!
Sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #1284
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
Bee ..... I will miss you but you know we are always here when you are ready

Congratulations on quitting smoking! That can be one of the hardest things to ever do. My mom smoked for years and last year at age 60 she almost died. She was in the hospital on a breathing machine. Her lungs damaged from years of smoking. Dont let that be your wake up call. Cause you are right, you've got your girls and most importantly you've got yourself. I would imagine that loosing weight would be a breeze compared to giving up smoking. You are already 1 step forward on your quest of self improvement. So much of our habits be it smoking, over eating, lack of exercising , whatever are more deeply rooted that what people see on the surface. Heck, if it werent for stress, I'd still weigh 120 (just a dream, just a dream) but as women, as wives, as mothers, as caregivers, as employees, as what ever else you choose to define yourself with, I have often found that the person that gets left off the list is "ME"..... I just keep loosing that girl. She used to be fun and spontaneous and healthly thin. Now she is everything to everybody, and they pull her to to point where she thinks she might snap or explode so to curb those out of control moment or so it seems I induldge in some more out of control behavior and any and everything in sight trying to stuff down feelings, anxieties, and mostly "ME"

Whew! that was a long ramble.....

My point.... we all come here with stuff. Its our stuff and our struggle to deal with the stuff that gives us common ground.

We post here because we need our innermost thoughts to be heard. there may be another peep feeling just as lost and now that peep can cling to you for support.

Our struggles have to be met one at a time. And with the love and support of friends (peeps) we can conquer our inner fears and perceived inadequaticies.

"It takes a villiage to raise a child"

It takes a PEEP to pry that chocolate cake from your grimmy little fingers.

Nobody is perfect. We are all just trying to be the best we can be.

And like you Bee....

I CHOOSE TO LIVE not just for the family but FOR ME!

Very well said! Thanks for the inspiring words!
Old 01-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #1285
WI_DisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGABelle View Post
Hey Peeps!

Hope everyone is having a good week!

I wanted to see if anyone has used Weight Watchers Online. I can get 12 weeks free through DH's work, so obviously there is no risk for me to try it, but I was just wondering if your experiences were good/bad/etc. and if you have any tips for me.

I think I would use it mostly to track food (I use a spreadsheet currently) and find new recipes, but if you have any advice, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks!!
I used WW online in the past (helped me lost a good chunk of my weight) and found it helpful in learning the program. It is nice going there to know how many points to eat and the point values of foods. But once I learned how the program worked, I didn't get much use out of it. I bought the books that they sell with point values for different foods as well as a points calculator so I could calculate the points value of a food myself. And every time I got to a new 10 pound weight range (i.e. 180's, 170's, 160's, etc.) I lowered my daily point allowance by 1. And I either used a piece of paper or my head to keep track of how many points I ate. So I would say use it for 12 weeks, learn the ropes, and then continue on your own once the 12 weeks are up. Just my two cents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
Bee - So sorry the old issues are cropping up again. It was nice having another original Peep back on the thread! Congrats on quitting smoking; and I hope you continue to at least read this thread for inspiration and support, even if you don't feel comfortable actually posting here. Take care of yourself...

Ok, now on to the matter at hand. I had a bittersweet weigh in this week. I weighed myself on Monday to see if I did any damage over the weekend, and I was up over two pounds. But when I weighed myself this morning, I was only up 0.5 pounds. So while I'm not happy about gaining 1/2 pound, I'm proud of myself for losing 1.5 since Monday. Now if only I could have that kind of success on a weekend, I'd be a really happy camper. Have a great weekend everybody!

I saw a lion he was standing alone
With a tadpole in a jar
WI_DisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:48 AM   #1286
UGABelle
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tips on WW online. I think I am going to sign up for the online part this weekend and just use it for the 12-weeks I get for free.

I don't think the meetings are for me right now - they don't seem like they would fit well with my schedule and I don't have too much weight to lose, just trying to eat healthier and exercise more. I'll let you all know what my experience is like!

This week I'm down -0.4. Not much, but I'm looking to lose about a 1/2 lb a week for the next 15 weeks or so - and then maintain my weight.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

UGABelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #1287
my2boysrtwicethefun
DIS Veteran

Bee- I wish you the best and congrats on not smoking.

Well... after a great week last week I'm only -0.5 lb for this week. Good luck everyone.
*Sept 28th-Oct. 5th, 2012: Pop Century *Next trip: Sept 28-Oct 6, 2014

my2boysrtwicethefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:17 PM   #1288
redlight
DIS Veteran

I'm down 2 pounds this week!

Good luck to you Bee.

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 04:47 PM   #1289
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Any peeps out there have the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD?

How about a 30 day Shred DVD challenge? THe dvds are only 20 minutes a workout...anyone game?!

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #1290
natale1980
"When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"... Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Up 1.1 lbs. But after being in Disney World for almost two weeks I don't think it's too bad. Now I have to get back on a schedule so I don't do a 5k2c (5k to couch).

Bee - I didn't really get a chance to know you, wish you could stick around.

-nat

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: