Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #1231
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Anderson Cooper stews my juices!
Wanna move in with me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLaura View Post
I'm sure if anyone saw my post but I was wondering if anyone had the old C25K program where they start you walking.

Someone asked what that is and it is a program where you start on the couch "c" and at the end of the program you can run a 5K Couch 2 5K. When I did it last spring it started out walking for the first two weeks now it starts running right away but as I have not worked out since the spring/early summer I just want to start with walking.

Bee good job on the smoking - I quit 12 years ago it gets easier believe me.

Sandy - I hope you're doing a TR because I really enjoyed your last one. You are the reason I started to want to run! and my ultimate goal of course is to run in the WDW marathon, some day.
I want to do c25k, but I am also not ready to run yet. Therefoe I am going to start out with walking for a couple of weeks and then hopefully I'll be ready to get to the 1st week of C25K!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
My new motto... I choose to live.... I quit smoking- because I choose to live... not for anyone else... for me... I want to live...

I am eating better and want to loose weight... because, I choose to live...I am picking ME this year... If I do not start to take care of me... my children will not have ME... and I WANT to be there for my kids... and for me... I am only 42... I have a lot of LIVING left to do.....!!!!

So say it with me...

I CHOOSE TO LIVE.... come with me!!!!

Luv ya all,
Belinda (Bee)
Bravo Bee! I choose to live!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkabella View Post
OMG...is that Pixie I see !

Oui, Tinkabella ~ C'est moi!

How are you?
Old 01-07-2010, 05:19 AM   #1232
Bee
Dreaming is what is making me get up each day!

Thank you

I feel good.... We can do this...

I appreciate you all liking my new motto!

I am going to say it everyday!

I Choose to LIVE!!

Have a great day all!

Bee

1977 Disneyland offsite 1989 WDW Christmas offsite 2003 Disneyland Grand Calif. 2005 WDW 10-22 to 10-27 AsMO also MNSSHP 2005 2005 DCL Wonder 10-27 to 10-30 ] Hoping to return yearly.Now- hoping to go back SOMEDAY... Wishing you a Magical Day[/COLOR] Divorced mother of 2 beautiful DD One 17 one 15 Wilma, forgotten suitcases and cruising Oct 2005
[quit smoking- yay me]
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2010, 05:37 AM   #1233
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Last night I made Enchilada Chicken's from the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook they were awesome! and healthy too!

Today I have to wait around all day for my incline treadmill to be delivered and then I have to wait for my unhandy husband to try to put it together

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:54 AM   #1234
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
Last night I made Enchilada Chicken's from the Biggest Loser Family Cookbook they were awesome! and healthy too!

Today I have to wait around all day for my incline treadmill to be delivered and then I have to wait for my unhandy husband to try to put it together

ohhh... I'd love the receipe! Would you mind sharing?
Old 01-08-2010, 06:51 AM   #1235
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Anderson Cooper stews my juices!
Wanna move in with me?

Wow, very quiet around here. Was everyone out exercising yesterfay?

I am -3 today...is Friday still weigh in day?
Old 01-08-2010, 07:50 AM   #1236
UGABelle
Mouseketeer

Hi Peeps!

I'm still planning on posting my loss/gain on Fridays - I'm trying to get back in the habit!

This week I'm down -2.4 - most of it is probably water weight, but I'll take it!

Do we have any plans for a challenge? I know we haven't had an organized one in a while, but it might be good motivation for those of us getting back from holiday splurges...

Maybe a Valentine's Day challenge?

UGABelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #1237
Sparkie
DIS Veteran

FREEZING TO DEATH HERE IN THE "DEEP SOUTH" !!!!

No change this week. Having a hard time getting started. Looking for a better week next week. Trying not to focus on the numbers just healthy choices. One step at a time- right?- WI Disney Fan
Sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:25 AM   #1238
lovealldisney

I'm here! I post my weight loss on TUE. Was out shoveling yesterday big snow storm!!
Old 01-08-2010, 08:31 AM   #1239
LMO429
DIS Veteran

One of my resolutions was to first focus on getting healthy, eating right and working out more consistently and not focus on the number on the scale. I am going to weigh in again Feb 2nd..at that time my first mini goal is a solid month of just good overall health and then from there I promise I will weigh in once a week. I thinking weighing myself right now would hinder me more than it would help me right now.

We got some snow here as well. I hate when the hubby is at work and I am off from work on a snow day and I get stuck shoveling lol

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:18 AM   #1240
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

Hope you all are doing well. Went back to school but are out for the past Thursday and today because of how cold it is. It's freezing, I'm wearing about 3 layers of clothes, and 2 blankets!

I think I've lost the 6 pounds I gained on break (okay maybe not in week, but I sure feel like I did!). I feel a lot better, but it's hard being at home where you focus on food a lot. I've worked out more than an hour everyday since New Years Eve except my one day off which I made up with all my overage hours. I feel great, the 3 minutes and 2 minute intervals on the treadmill are getting easier and easier. Keeping myself motivated with the fit blogs I read.

Nat, you have a 5K this weekend do you not? GOOD LUCK! I'm sure you'll do great!

First Disneyland Trip: November 2014!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
::Snow_White:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #1241
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

Found this on a coupon blog I frequent: http://www.podworkoutmusic.com/SUBWAY/

Biggest Loser free workout mix.
It has: paparazzi, umbrella, stronger, 4 minutes, love story, second chance, no suprise, sugar, american boy, when I grow up, damaged, & bleeding love.
It's regularly $10. I just downloaded, it takes about 30 minutes for all of it to be downloaded though. Then you have to open the ZIP folder and paste them to your itunes/zune/whatever player you use folder. They are mixes so not the regular song, it's at 128 BPM. They're good!

ETA: http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone...2970543&sr=8-1

Free Leslie Sansones effortless weight loss book. It's for the Kindle, but if you download the Kindle for the PC, you can get it on your computer. Kindle PC is a free program, I have it on my computer, it's great.

First Disneyland Trip: November 2014!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!

Last edited by ::Snow_White::; 01-08-2010 at 11:11 AM.
::Snow_White:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #1242
WI_DisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Happy weigh-in Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGABelle View Post
Hi Peeps!

I'm still planning on posting my loss/gain on Fridays - I'm trying to get back in the habit!

This week I'm down -2.4 - most of it is probably water weight, but I'll take it!

Do we have any plans for a challenge? I know we haven't had an organized one in a while, but it might be good motivation for those of us getting back from holiday splurges...

Maybe a Valentine's Day challenge?
Great job on the loss! I probably won't participate in a challenge this time around, but I'd be happy to keep track for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkie View Post
FREEZING TO DEATH HERE IN THE "DEEP SOUTH" !!!!

No change this week. Having a hard time getting started. Looking for a better week next week. Trying not to focus on the numbers just healthy choices. One step at a time- right?- WI Disney Fan
I've had "Slow and Steady Wins the Race" in my signature, next to my WISH ribbons, for going on three years now. (Or has it been longer than that?) The only real way to lose weight and keep it off is to make lifestyle changes, and I really feel like those are easier to take in small doses. I think it is said that it takes two months for a new behavior to become a habit. So if you pick just one thing a quarter to focus on, in a year you'll have made four significant changes to your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
I'm here! I post my weight loss on TUE. Was out shoveling yesterday big snow storm!!
Shoveling replaced my workout yesterday and this morning. I was out there for over an hour both times, and was drenched in sweat when I took off my winter gear. It was great exercise, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
One of my resolutions was to first focus on getting healthy, eating right and working out more consistently and not focus on the number on the scale. I am going to weigh in again Feb 2nd..at that time my first mini goal is a solid month of just good overall health and then from there I promise I will weigh in once a week. I thinking weighing myself right now would hinder me more than it would help me right now.

We got some snow here as well. I hate when the hubby is at work and I am off from work on a snow day and I get stuck shoveling lol
I can definitely understand where you are coming from. Personally, I need the accountability that stepping on a scale provides me. But I've just learned not to make any drastic changes based solely on that. I have to look at the big picture (am I eating right, exercising enough, etc.) before changing my routine at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Snow_White:: View Post
Found this on a coupon blog I frequent: http://www.podworkoutmusic.com/SUBWAY/

Biggest Loser free workout mix.
It has: paparazzi, umbrella, stronger, 4 minutes, love story, second chance, no suprise, sugar, american boy, when I grow up, damaged, & bleeding love.
It's regularly $10. I just downloaded, it takes about 30 minutes for all of it to be downloaded though. Then you have to open the ZIP folder and paste them to your itunes/zune/whatever player you use folder. They are mixes so not the regular song, it's at 128 BPM. They're good!

ETA: http://www.amazon.com/Leslie-Sansone...2970543&sr=8-1

Free Leslie Sansones effortless weight loss book. It's for the Kindle, but if you download the Kindle for the PC, you can get it on your computer. Kindle PC is a free program, I have it on my computer, it's great.
Great tips! Honestly, I don't recognize any of those songs that you mentioned. I am so out of the music loop, it is ridiculous. I watched Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years, and felt really old. But anyway, saving money is always a good thing. I'll have to check those out!

So since I don't remember what I weighed last time I stepped on a scale, I'm taking today's weight as my starting point for 2010. I was 165 this morning, which I know is up about 1.5 from early November (pre-holidays). Not too bad, all things considered (Disney trip, holidays, etc.). So with that being said, my goal for 2010 is to finish the year at 145, or to lose 20 pounds. That would actually put me way under my original goal weight of 155, but I was close to 155 a year and a half ago (I spent one glorious week around 157 before gaining 10 back over the holidays), and it wasn't even close to where I want to be. So I adjusted my goal to 145, and we'll see how happy I am WHEN I get there this year. It is just over 1.5 pounds per month; less than a pound every two weeks. I know I can do that. I also want to run in my first 5k this year, and having my treadmill fixed will help me train for that using the Couch to 5k program. I've never been a runner, so this will definitly be a challenge.

Hopefully I'll have a nice number to report next week.

Have a great weekend everybody!

I saw a lion he was standing alone
With a tadpole in a jar
WI_DisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:34 PM   #1243
redlight
DIS Veteran

I'm down 2 this week, which means that I'm almost done with the weight I put on with the holidays and can focus on getting rid of more "old fat". I'm trying to keep my late day calories lower, and am looking for low cal snacks other than veggies.

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #1244
lovealldisney

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post
I'm down 2 this week, which means that I'm almost done with the weight I put on with the holidays and can focus on getting rid of more "old fat". I'm trying to keep my late day calories lower, and am looking for low cal snacks other than veggies.
How about 98% fat free popcorn? I like a small apple with a tbls. of peanut butter. Any kind of fruit would be good.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:24 PM   #1245
redlight
DIS Veteran

I hadn't thought of popcorn. Good idea! I do like to eat fruit in the evenings. I also like peanut butter, but alas, pb isn't exactly low cal.

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: