Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2009, 07:54 PM   #781
mousehouselover
Your life is an occasion; rise to it. - Mr. Magorium

Location: My dream came true! I live 35 minutes away from my happy place!

Sandy, Shannon!! Welcome back!

We've had a lot of peeps drift away over the last few months. Things have been really slow around here.

I've been busy training for a 40 mile breast cancer walk, getting ready for our Ren Faire and we're moving to central FL next month. I spent several most this summer losing and gaining the same 2-3 lbs but switched things up last week to great success. I'm jsut hoping I can keep it up.

Let us know what you've been up to.

~*~DH~*~Noni~*~DD1~*~DD2~*~DS~*~Life with three teenagers: definately not for the faint of heart!
My Dreams came true: We moved to Central FL 11/09**I can visit WDW anytime and share the magic with those I love!
Most recent and upcoming: My first cruise: 4 days on Disney's Dream 9/30/12; a Magical birthday adventure being planned by DH 10/15-20/12; Be Our Guest ADR for 12/1/12 An exciting development: there's a CM in the family!! I can see even more Disney magic in my future!!
mousehouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:14 PM   #782
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousehouselover View Post
I can happily report that I am -2.4 lbs this week. I decided to change things up and see if I could shock my body into action. I have nearly eliminated all simple carbs; no pasta, potatoes, rice, white flour and sugar. I am also still eating very low fat. This is coinsiding with the increased stress level over my move and training for a 40 mile walk. It was thrilling to see the lbs just melt off and I hope I can keep them off.
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321 View Post
you know, its such a strange journey I'm on...

peeps!!

dwheatl I just finished reading your Paris/London trip report!! It was wonderful - and it got me... dreaming!! and it also reminded me I should find my way back here...

I need to be healthy!! I need to set and meet goals!! I've finally stepped on a scale - its been a long time - almost a year I'm thinking...

any way, I'm going to try and come back...
Good to see you back, and thanks for reading my trippie. I recommend this trip to anyone who is willing to step outside their comfort zone, but still sneak in a little of our good old Disney magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
Another peep coming back from a small hiatus. My motivation seems to waver at the drop of a hat these days. Weight wise I've probably lost and gained the same 5 lbs over the past few months, and at the moment I am really struggling to make the choices food wise. I've come to the conclusion that I am an emotional eater and since I am constantly feeling some sort of feeling I eat! Plus I think I am almost afraid to be hungry...strange, right? Anyway I'm going shopping today and buying good for me meals and snacks plus I am going to write everything down, no matter what.

So how are the peeps doing?
Welcome back, Shannon. I'm also an emotional eater. I went back to WW a few weeks ago to help me see my patterns and try to change them.

I did not weigh-in this week because DH and I were leading a retreat. I ate more than on a regular weekend, but really tried to track everything. I think I ate up every extra point, plus all of my exercise points, for the past week. That is allowed, but not recommended on a regular basis if I want to lose weight. It helped me, though, to know that I didn't have to abandon all control just because I was splurging. We'll see next week what the results of this are, but whether the scale says up or down, it was a good experience to maintain some control.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2009, 03:07 PM   #783
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Thanks for welcoming me back!

Not much is really new with me. I'm still working in the school system. My dog, Winston, has gotten over his tummy troubles that he had one he was a tiny puppy, although I am still careful about what he eats. And he is turning 1 next month! I'm actually having a birthday party for him at a local park.

I've done well today, food wise and have a good amount left for dinner and a snack. I even worked out a little bit today! I've decided that on days I send Winston to doggy daycare (yes you read that right!), I can come home and work out. So today I finally opened my walking DVD and did 1 mile. Not much, but I am pathetically out of shape so this week I am going to just master that mile and then add the 2nd mile onto it. You can do up to 4 miles which is about an hour workout. I did join WW online, but it is really hard for me to get to meetings around here, timewise and also finding a leader/group that I mesh well with. My mom is doing WW and has lost 18 lbs since the beginning of the year, so I at least have that support for food ideas, and knowing that when I visit her she is also wanting to make the better choice foodwise.
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:22 AM   #784
the Fidge
I miss standing like the statue of Liberty holding the end of the TV antenna
OK so how bad did I want to be on Wonderama??? Go ahead just ask

I'm Back, typos and all get ready! Well here's what I have done with myself....gained a ton of weight thats right I am beyond pooh now! I went to the dr for job physical and needless to say it did not go well at all! I am 234 at 5'5". I have alot to do. So I made a decision to stop using the food to fill up areas of my life, rewarding myself with food or just seeking the comfort of a warm stew!

IN June we were in Disney and Sanibel Island. I was horrified by how unhealthy I have become. SO I picked up a treadmill and am looking to locate a WW in my area. So my big goal is 135. My content goal would be 150 ish!

I have alot to do and am willing to go the distance now. I am afraid, I want to be around along time! Glad to see you all here and so happy I am coming back with fellow mia 'ers!

Happy Tuesday!

My yearbook page http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3632
the Fidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:27 PM   #785
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Fidge View Post
I'm Back, typos and all get ready! Well here's what I have done with myself....gained a ton of weight thats right I am beyond pooh now! I went to the dr for job physical and needless to say it did not go well at all! I am 234 at 5'5". I have alot to do. So I made a decision to stop using the food to fill up areas of my life, rewarding myself with food or just seeking the comfort of a warm stew!

IN June we were in Disney and Sanibel Island. I was horrified by how unhealthy I have become. SO I picked up a treadmill and am looking to locate a WW in my area. So my big goal is 135. My content goal would be 150 ish!

I have alot to do and am willing to go the distance now. I am afraid, I want to be around along time! Glad to see you all here and so happy I am coming back with fellow mia 'ers!

Happy Tuesday!
I gave up that 135 goal awhile ago. I'm shooting for 145. Hope you find a WW soon. It's helping me a lot.
Are you enjoying the treadmill? I have a bike at home, and use the elliptical at the gym.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:36 AM   #786
the Fidge
I miss standing like the statue of Liberty holding the end of the TV antenna
OK so how bad did I want to be on Wonderama??? Go ahead just ask

Thanks Danielle! Well I went yesterday to the local karate school and they offer a kick boxing class. They do it 2 mornings and 2 evenings. I think I will start with 2 a week and go from there. The WW here is on Thursday night. I looked at the treadmill for 2 weeks hopw crazy is that? Started yesterday and went on for 10 minutes. I got a walking budy at work so I am putting my feet in the right direction!

My yearbook page http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3632
the Fidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:13 AM   #787
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!

Good Morning Everyone,
I am still here and have joined WW! So far I have had good success. In the last two weeks on the program I have lost -4.2 pounds. I really want to lose this time and I feel like I have a whole different attitude towards losing. So I am back on board and will post my weight loss on Wednesdays because my WW meetings are on Tuesdays.
Have a great day!
Old 09-23-2009, 08:14 AM   #788
Eventer98
DIS Veteran

Finally got on the scale....have about 20 pds to lose to get back to where I was before my son was born...32 to get back to where I would like to be. We'll see what the scale says on Friday

In other news I found $140 roundtrip/nonstop flights to WDW in Jan...we just planned an impulse trip!! I'm probably crazy for taking a 5 month old and a 22 month old but we'll manage I guess!!

(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
I miss you Chris 6/23/75-10/14/12
Eventer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:55 AM   #789
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Hey Peeps!

I am doing weight watchers and I just got a bodybugg as well.

its weird yesterday I only had 2 points left for the day but I only had eaten 1000 calories.

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:00 AM   #790
mousehouselover
Your life is an occasion; rise to it. - Mr. Magorium

Location: My dream came true! I live 35 minutes away from my happy place!

Yay!! Look at all the peeps coming back!! And they're starting out with successes! Glad to have y'all back on board.

B~ I can totally relate to just looking at teh treadmill. Mine is in the corner of the LR, in view of the TV so I really have very little excuse to ignore it, but I still do...... Good for you for getting up there and starting last night; starting is often the hardest part of the journey.

Lovealldisney~ (sorry I forgot your name) Congrats on the losses!! Post your progress whenever you want. This whole thing has been about finding what works and sticking with it and encouraging each other along the way.

Tara~ What a great price on flights. You will manage with two little ones. It will be tiring but you'll have lots of great memories!

I'm holding my own this week. Had a couple of really crummy days but it didn't affect my eating pattern. It's been a lot of stress and I'm tired. I will get a breather after next weekend then we'll be closing on our house the following week..... but at the same time.

~*~DH~*~Noni~*~DD1~*~DD2~*~DS~*~Life with three teenagers: definately not for the faint of heart!
My Dreams came true: We moved to Central FL 11/09**I can visit WDW anytime and share the magic with those I love!
Most recent and upcoming: My first cruise: 4 days on Disney's Dream 9/30/12; a Magical birthday adventure being planned by DH 10/15-20/12; Be Our Guest ADR for 12/1/12 An exciting development: there's a CM in the family!! I can see even more Disney magic in my future!!
mousehouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:00 AM   #791
MA pigletfan
DIS Veteran

Hi peeps
After a very sweet PM from a peeper I thought I would venture over and say hello!! I have not been a great mover and eater lately..with the wedding only 2.5 weeks away you would think i would be highly motivated..but instead, i am just HIGHLY busy ..but i am ok with it. I feel good, I am taking dance lessons with the soon to be hubby so at least i am doing that a few times a week and i am trying to sneak in the gym when i can.
I hope everyone is doing well..I hope to be hanging out here more often..sorry for the hiatus
Old 09-23-2009, 12:43 PM   #792
AnnNan
Mouseketeer

Welcome back, everybody!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventer98 View Post
Hi everyone just had a daughter two weeks ago.
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy321 View Post
you know, its such a strange journey I'm on...

peeps!!

I'm going to try and come back...
Quote:
Another peep coming back from a small hiatus. So how are the peeps doing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Fidge View Post
I'm Back, typos and all get ready!
You and I seem right in there together as far as weight and goals. (except that is after I lost about 30 pounds!) It seems like so far to go, but we just have to keep at it. I know we can do it!

You too, Gina, good to see you! Not much longer - glad you're enjoying the time!
Old 09-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #793
AnnNan
Mouseketeer

Atlanta area peeps? Dawn?

Are y'all out there? Is everybody okay? (If you haven't seen it, that area has had massive flooding.) I have no idea exactly where anybody lives but can imagine they've seen a lot of water!

Hope everyone is okay!
Old 09-23-2009, 03:28 PM   #794
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Tara - Congrats on baby #2!!!

Gina - Your wedding is so close! Hope you are able to look through the stress and enjoy the final days leading up to the big day!! You will post a couple pics after right? I'd love to see your dress!

Well Monday was my official start over day and it has been going semi-well. I tend to want to snack more when I get home from work but I have been snacking on better things these past couple days but still probably more than I should be eating. It didn't help that Aunt Flo came for a visit yesterday and all I wanted was chocolate! I ended up eating 2 WW smart ones cookie dough sundaes...better than a candy bar or "real" ice cream, right?

And I just finished working out with my walking dvd...did a little more than a mile, but I do feel like I am working hard and I don't want to push myself too hard because then I do not want to work out at all. Slow and steady.

2 more days and then I have a 3 day weekend! Woo hoo!
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:37 PM   #795
my2boysrtwicethefun
DIS Veteran

Hi Everyone!

I just want to let everyone know that I passed the KY NCLEX and I'm now a RN. I now have a job but I'm going to do my best to stay focus and lose some weight. I have about 20-25 lbs that I would like to lose. I'll be back Friday to weigh in. I just don't know what time yet. It may be Friday evening.
Later everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventer98 View Post
Hi everyone I have been MIA for over two years...I got pregnant with my son and just had a daughter two weeks ago. So now I am back and ready to lose this weight! I haven't weighed myself yet but have already half started my diet!! (It's hard to get back into it after all this time!!) I hope I am accepted back and everyone is doing well

Congratulations on the new baby ! It's good to "see" you again.

Quote:
Another peep coming back from a small hiatus. My motivation seems to waver at the drop of a hat these days. Weight wise I've probably lost and gained the same 5 lbs over the past few months, and at the moment I am really struggling to make the choices food wise. I've come to the conclusion that I am an emotional eater and since I am constantly feeling some sort of feeling I eat! Plus I think I am almost afraid to be hungry...strange, right? Anyway I'm going shopping today and buying good for me meals and snacks plus I am going to write everything down, no matter what.

So how are the peeps doing?
Hi Shannon. I hope that you had a wonderful time in Ireland. I need to catch up on your trip report.
*Sept 28th-Oct. 5th, 2012: Pop Century *Next trip: Sept 28-Oct 6, 2014

my2boysrtwicethefun is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: