Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2009, 07:01 AM   #31
LMO429
DIS Veteran

I know I talk about her all the time but.......

I love love love Jillian Michael's New Workout Dvds...!!!

Last Friday I was a Samer when I weighed in..so since Friday I have been alternating her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Trouble Zones DVD workouts and I am weighed myself this a.m. and I am down 2 pounds!!!! in 4day!!!!!

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:12 AM   #32
willonlyflytodisney
Mouseketeer

Congrats LMO!
It's great to find a workout that sticks for you!
Yesterday I started doing these workouts on Sparkpeople and I was watching television at the same time. I got so caught in my show that I didn't even realize despite how much I was sweating that 40 minutes had gone by!!
It was a great feeling - I was just reading the workout to do next and doing the correct reps and sets.
Yay!

1993 - Contemporary Hotel 2008 - Pop Century 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 - Pop Century 2012 - All Star Movies
Fall 2012 - Vacation Planning CM
willonlyflytodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2009, 08:37 AM   #33
iggbees
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post

i've heard that her DVDs are excellent!

i've been playing around with the wii fit for the past 3 nights and I LOVE IT! i forgot how much fun it is. i absolutely love the boxing game, i wish they just had a full boxing game for the wii. i think it would be awesome. i heard that the jillian michaels wii game stinks though, which is unfortunate.

my flickr
iggbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:48 AM   #34
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Last Friday I was a Samer when I weighed in..so since Friday I have been alternating her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and Trouble Zones DVD workouts and I am weighed myself this a.m. and I am down 2 pounds!!!! in 4day!!!!!
They have most of them on our free ExerciseTV on demand, here. I tried that Boost Metabolism workout the other day and made it through about half. WOWOWOW is that one hard!!!

I love her workouts but she has a tendency to jump around a bit much for me (or maybe my floor?). I am not getting any younger and she puts a lot of stress on the knees.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:02 AM   #35
WI_DisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKat View Post
They have most of them on our free ExerciseTV on demand, here. I tried that Boost Metabolism workout the other day and made it through about half. WOWOWOW is that one hard!!!

I love her workouts but she has a tendency to jump around a bit much for me (or maybe my floor?). I am not getting any younger and she puts a lot of stress on the knees.
I have the 30-day Shred, the Front Side/Back Side set, and a Biggest Loser workout with Jillian, Bob, and that other chick who was on the show a few seasons ago. And this is my one problem with them as well. Years of carrying around 50-90 pounds of extra weight have left me with a bad hip and a bad knee (both on the left side). Sometimes I can get through an entire workout with no problems. But then there are those times that after one set of front lunges, I can barely put any weight on my left leg. And then I'm shot for the next week. So unfortunately I'm more into the lower impact exercises like walking (I'm attemping the couch to 5k program, but I have the same problem to a lesser extent with that) or Yoga simply because I can do them more than once a week.

I saw a lion he was standing alone
With a tadpole in a jar
WI_DisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:06 AM   #36
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggbees View Post
i've heard that her DVDs are excellent!

i've been playing around with the wii fit for the past 3 nights and I LOVE IT! i forgot how much fun it is. i absolutely love the boxing game, i wish they just had a full boxing game for the wii. i think it would be awesome. i heard that the jillian michaels wii game stinks though, which is unfortunate.
I have the Wii Game from Jillian Michaels it is a major disappointment. But her workout dvds are amazing

I would kill for her to come out with a 90 day series, similiar to Power 90x or chalean extreme

Old 03-31-2009, 10:42 AM   #37
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WI_DisneyFan View Post
I have the 30-day Shred, the Front Side/Back Side set, and a Biggest Loser workout with Jillian, Bob, and that other chick who was on the show a few seasons ago. And this is my one problem with them as well. Years of carrying around 50-90 pounds of extra weight have left me with a bad hip and a bad knee (both on the left side). Sometimes I can get through an entire workout with no problems. But then there are those times that after one set of front lunges, I can barely put any weight on my left leg. And then I'm shot for the next week. So unfortunately I'm more into the lower impact exercises like walking (I'm attemping the couch to 5k program, but I have the same problem to a lesser extent with that) or Yoga simply because I can do them more than once a week.
I am attempting the couch to 5K program as well. I did w3d1 yesterday and then followed it with 30day shred. So far the only pain is mild muscle soreness, but I will see how I feel after d3... I am doing a 5K on Apr 26th with a fellow WISHer, in NJ, but I don't think we will be running the whole thing.

Have you tried any of the machines, like an elliptical? Or if you don't have access to a gym, I recommend buying some sort of mini-stepper, which seems to be a lot less impact than running or jumping around. I got mine for about $30 from craigslist, which is a great resource for used sporting goods, or I think you can get a new one from wally-world or similar places for about $40-50. They fit nicely under the bed or in the garage, too, and can be moved easily.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:58 PM   #38
willonlyflytodisney
Mouseketeer

I'm so proud of myself!!
Today, after a work trip, my boss offered to buy me a the crew a milkshake and I turned it down! I've never turned down a chocolate milkshake before!! But, I had just eaten lunch and I knew I didn't need it and I didn't get it!
YAY PROGRESS!!!

1993 - Contemporary Hotel 2008 - Pop Century 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 - Pop Century 2012 - All Star Movies
Old 03-31-2009, 07:03 PM   #39
iggbees
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by willonlyflytodisney View Post
I'm so proud of myself!!
Today, after a work trip, my boss offered to buy me a the crew a milkshake and I turned it down! I've never turned down a chocolate milkshake before!! But, I had just eaten lunch and I knew I didn't need it and I didn't get it!
YAY PROGRESS!!!
you're better than i am, my boss bought us all lunch today (and of course i pick a horribly greasy sandwich, which i only ate half of though) and then she brings out the cookies and i ate a chocolate chip one.

my flickr
Old 03-31-2009, 08:34 PM   #40
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggbees View Post
you're better than i am, my boss bought us all lunch today (and of course i pick a horribly greasy sandwich, which i only ate half of though) and then she brings out the cookies and i ate a chocolate chip one.
Do not beat yourself up!

I am in the middle of reading Bethenny Frankel's book Naturally Thin the book is pretty much common sense but she makes ALOT of great points. Basically think of your eating as a Bank Account!:

Basically the books attitude would be So what if you ate a greasy sandwich and a cookie....So you "spent" a little bit more on food today than you would have liked to so tomorrow hit the gym and eat clean its all about balance

Old 03-31-2009, 08:45 PM   #41
iggbees
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do not beat yourself up!

I am in the middle of reading Bethenny Frankel's book Naturally Thin the book is pretty much common sense but she makes ALOT of great points. Basically think of your eating as a Bank Account!:

Basically the books attitude would be So what if you ate a greasy sandwich and a cookie....So you "spent" a little bit more on food today than you would have liked to so tomorrow hit the gym and eat clean its all about balance
haha. i like that thinking. it's actually really a smart way of controlling your food "spending"! thanks for the tip!

my flickr
Old 04-01-2009, 08:17 AM   #42
willonlyflytodisney
Mouseketeer

So, all of your kind words about Jillian Michaels made me want to try her videos. So, last night I did the No More Trouble Zones workout. OH MY GOD.
It kicked my butt! At first I was like... there's no way I can do this.
But, as I got into it, I LOVE the circuits!
I've never sweat so much in my life!
It was such a GREAT feeling!
Thanks guys!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #43
WI_DisneyFan
DIS Veteran

I've lost 5.7 pounds already this week!!!
(April Fools!)

Seriously though, I did my super-secret mid-week weigh in this morning, and I was down a little over 1/2 pound. Now, I'm not going to read too much into that because I was down about the same amount last week Wednesday and ended up gaining a little by Friday. But it was encouraging. And this week, I'm going to avoid doing any strength training at all on Thursday, just in case there is some truth to the whole "strength training causes you to retain acid in your muscles and thus gives you a false weight gain" thing. We'll see if that makes any difference.

I'm just super anxious for the weather to improve! I really want to get out and get walking, and restart the Couch to 5k program. I got through week three last year, and then I got really busy with landscaping projects that pretty much sidetracked me for the rest of the summer. And unfortunately, the weather only cooperates about 4-5 months out of the year in Wisconsin. I just KNOW that that I'll see better results once I can get outside more.

Have a happy Wednesday everybody!

(And by the way, why doesn't our thread have the little green smiley guy any more?)

I saw a lion he was standing alone
With a tadpole in a jar
WI_DisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:05 AM   #44
willonlyflytodisney
Mouseketeer

Okay. So, confession: I've been eating poptarts for breakfast for way too long
So, I need something to eat for breakfast that I can eat/make quickly. The only problem with things I've found is that I have stomach problems, so I need something with enough carbs to fill me up. But, I just saw how many calories are in poptarts and I DEFINITELY need to stop!
Teach me!

Old 04-02-2009, 07:24 AM   #45
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

I always eat kashi cereal for breakfast. Any kind of it is so good, and it does fill you up!
On the weekends I like to make eggs, kashi waffles and yogurt for breakfast. It has about the time amount of calories as the cereal, which isn't a lot.

Just checking in. I was gone on a trip Sunday-Tuesday and I feel like I've gained 10 pounds. All we did it seemed was eat and I didn't know what the healthiest choices were on the menus so when they got fastfood I broke out my cereal to have instead.

New start in April!
Have a great day everyone!

First Disneyland Trip: November 2014!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
::Snow_White:: is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: