Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2009, 12:51 PM   #16
Disneyfreak92
Married to a Pretty, Pretty Princess
Did you say shopping? I kind of spring to attention when I hear that word!

Howdy Peeps! Here I am! Happy to see our new home is here.

Here's a pic of me from last September. I need something more recent, but we'll be going on our trip in May, so I'll have somtehing then. I'm usually the one behind the camera, so there just don't seem to be as many pics of me.

1981 Offsite~1991 Offsite~May/June 2002 Beach Club Honeymoon~May/June 2005 All Star Movies~December 2005 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas~February 2006 Port Orleans Riverside~May 2006 Boardwalk Villas~November/December 2006 Saratoga Springs~May 2007 Old Key West~September/October 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter~May 2008 Animal Kingdom Villas~September 2008 Wilderness Lodge Villas~November 2008 Grand Californian!~May 2009 Boardwalk Villas~October 2009 Saratoga Springs/Bay Lake Tower~December 2009 Saratoga Springs~May 2010 Bay Lake Tower~November 2010 Moved to my happy place!
Disneyfreak92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:13 PM   #17
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Pjilla - Great advice. That's how I feel, too, but you put it into words so nicely.

Lynda- Great picture. I love how your top matches Minnie's dress.

Willfly - I don't know if you've seen a therapist before, but I recommend it. I had some issues from the past that I needed to work through before I could have a healthy relationship with DH. It can really help in the healing process.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2009, 06:56 PM   #18
iggbees
DIS Veteran

hi everyone! i'm new to this thread, but i think it'll be good for me to stick with my weight loss program if i have some more people to talk about it with!

Disneyfreak92 - i love your tanktop, soooo cute!

my flickr
iggbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #19
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggbees View Post
hi everyone! i'm new to this thread, but i think it'll be good for me to stick with my weight loss program if i have some more people to talk about it with!

Welcome!

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #20
iggbees
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
Welcome!
thanks!

my flickr
iggbees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #21
Disneyfreak92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
Lynda- Great picture. I love how your top matches Minnie's dress.
Thanks! That did work out great. That was a MNSSHP (hence my ears), and I thought Minnie was adorable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggbees View Post

Welcome!!! And thanks! Got it from Delia's last year. I LOVE their tank tops! They have cute designs, and they fit really well and don't get all stretched out at by the end of the day.
1981 Offsite~1991 Offsite~May/June 2002 Beach Club Honeymoon~May/June 2005 All Star Movies~December 2005 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas~February 2006 Port Orleans Riverside~May 2006 Boardwalk Villas~November/December 2006 Saratoga Springs~May 2007 Old Key West~September/October 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter~May 2008 Animal Kingdom Villas~September 2008 Wilderness Lodge Villas~November 2008 Grand Californian!~May 2009 Boardwalk Villas~October 2009 Saratoga Springs/Bay Lake Tower~December 2009 Saratoga Springs~May 2010 Bay Lake Tower~November 2010 Moved to my happy place!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:41 PM   #22
MA pigletfan
DIS Veteran

hey gang
so greg and i just got back from seeing " I Love you, man" ...SUPER FUNNY! I hightly reccomend it. I am a big fan of Paul Rudd and Jason Segal, so i figured i would like it..but it was even better than i thought..which is great considering the $$ it costs to SEE a movie these days

SO we leave for our 4 night cruise this Thursday! I can't wait!!!!! Granted I know it won't help in my weight loss efforts but it might get me rejuvenated and feeling like i can start of right again when we return, i feel like i need a good ole jump start so hopefully this little warm weather get away will help. I have been completely stagnant lately..i was really hoping to have lost at least 15 lbs by now, and sadly, i have only lost 7. SO i better get it together when i get back if I dont' want to be sadly disapointed in myself when the wedding rolls around in October!
ANYHOO..hope all is well in Peepdom...I am enjoying our new fresh digs
Old 03-30-2009, 12:07 AM   #23
willonlyflytodisney
Mouseketeer

Hey guys,
First off, thanks for all your advice. I just needed some calming down and everything is perfect again It's so nice to have a support system like this to tell you when you are being crazy haha

Gina, a cruise can be great for motivating you because most of them now have free access to the gym on board! No excuse there! Good luck, but most of all - HAVE FUN!

Today I thought I did super poorly at what I ate, but I calculated it and I actually stayed within my goal! I also started taking one-a-day vitamins and I feel more energized already! Yay!

1993 - Contemporary Hotel 2008 - Pop Century 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 - Pop Century 2012 - All Star Movies
Fall 2012 - Vacation Planning CM
willonlyflytodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:49 AM   #24
mousehouselover
Your life is an occasion; rise to it. - Mr. Magorium

Location: My dream came true! I live 35 minutes away from my happy place!

I made it 'home'

I'm here too. I didn't have a lot to say over the weekend so I just looked in on y'all for a few days.

Gina~ Enjoy the cruise! You'll need the gym onboard if the food is aa fantastic as I've heard. Get in there and work your tushie off and make sure you swim everyday too. I'm a bit jealous, I'd love to go on a cruise, maybe next year.

Lynda~ It's great to see you! That's a really cute picture you posted. How are you doing? You used to be here everyday and were an insiration to many of us. Hopefully your throat is feeling a lot better.

Stacey~ Try to calm down about the man. I think you got some really good advice. I know it's hard to try to be positive and optimistic when you've been hurt in the past. My DH is paying for hurts from my ex. I don't always mean to do it but somedays it's an instant reaction. It's like I've done this before and I know how it ends. After some therapy and a conscious decision to try to change, it doesn't happen as much. I think it's human nature to try to protect ourselves and keep from being hurt emotionally. Try to make sure you're getting fruits, veggies and dairy everyday. I still struggle with getting all my servings of dairy but found it makes a huge difference in my energy levels and satisfaction.

Iggbees~ Welcome!! come in and post a lot. That's how we all got to know each other.

Aaron~ I know you feel you're not making a lot of progress. I'm in the same boat. I had a really bad day yesterday after a less than stellar weigh in at the gym. I lost 3 lbs last month and took a bit off my waist. I'm building muscle in my arms so they're getting bigger. My hips and thighs were unchanged. I'm running almost everyday, going to the personal trainer once a week and doing the assigned work out from the trainer at least once more during the week. I've never worked out this much before and for the most part, I'm really liking it but it sucks to see so little result after all that work. The only consolation I have is that this is a life long journey and the things I'm doing are sustainable for the rest of my life. I know I will never be able to eat everything I want and not exercise, if I ever do; I'll be right back to where I started.

~*~DH~*~Noni~*~DD1~*~DD2~*~DS~*~Life with three teenagers: definately not for the faint of heart!
My Dreams came true: We moved to Central FL 11/09**I can visit WDW anytime and share the magic with those I love!
Most recent and upcoming: My first cruise: 4 days on Disney's Dream 9/30/12; a Magical birthday adventure being planned by DH 10/15-20/12; Be Our Guest ADR for 12/1/12 An exciting development: there's a CM in the family!! I can see even more Disney magic in my future!!
mousehouselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:39 AM   #25
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Okay, here are the most recent photos I have uploaded to Shutterfly. This was June 2008 and I was about 140 at the time. I have on a very loose fitting shirt, so you can't tell too much about me though.

Okay, I am 35, 5'6 1/2 and my goal is 135 - 140 (size 8). I had surgery in July and couldn't work out the rest of the summer, then school started back - I teach first grade - and things got busy and I never started back on a work out program - until now. I gained up to 145 (size 8 to 10) and held that weight until about 1.5 or 2 months ago, and I wasn't very toned. At that time, I met my boyfriend and it has been downhill from there, weight-wise. We go out to eat more, I cook more - before I was just grilling fish and chicken for dinner, I drink more adult beverages.... Anyway, I am up to 148.5 (size 10) and I am not happy.

However, I have decided to re-focus and am back on the work out wagon and drinking lots of water to curb my cravings, so we'll see how it works out. Wish me luck!

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
DL - 2 Offsite 9/1980 * Offsite 7/2002
ArielSRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:04 AM   #26
Disneyfreak92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousehouselover View Post
Lynda~ It's great to see you! That's a really cute picture you posted. How are you doing? You used to be here everyday and were an insiration to many of us. Hopefully your throat is feeling a lot better.
Thanks! I liked the picture you posted too. I hope you and your family are doing well these days. My throat is doing MUCH better. Thanks for asking. I managed to get the infection spread to one of my eyes just as I was starting the antibiotics, but those fixed the eye pretty quickly. I'm still wearing my glasses today, but I'm hoping I can wear my contacts again tomorrow without incident. On Saturday I was having a friend over with her 9-mo-old so we could hang out, and I could take some pics of him, so I ran around the house disinfecting all the door knobs and handles and things that I routinely touch. And I stripped our bed and washed everything. (Trying not to infect DH.) I'm feeling very nearly 100%, and my house feels clean, so I'm good. I've been busy working out a lot, working on various photography business-related activities, and reading a lot (I just finished reading Peter Pan , and I finally broke down and just started reading Twilight AGAIN even though I still have a large pile of other books to be read.). How have you been?
Old 03-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #27
MA pigletfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by willonlyflytodisney View Post

Gina, a cruise can be great for motivating you because most of them now have free access to the gym on board! No excuse there! Good luck, but most of all - HAVE FUN!

Yay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mousehouselover View Post
Gina~ Enjoy the cruise! You'll need the gym onboard if the food is aa fantastic as I've heard. Get in there and work your tushie off and make sure you swim everyday too. I'm a bit jealous, I'd love to go on a cruise, maybe next year.
You both hit the nail on the head! i am def. planning on hitting the fitness center/pool a lot during the 4 days there!! i will also be eating alot of the good food and i am sure i will still not work off everything BUT it will be a good way to get working out everyday back in my schedule!!
Old 03-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #28
WI_DisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Hey y'all! Just checking in on this sunny, Monday afternoon. It's probably just a figment of my imagination, but my pants feel a little looser this morning. I doubt there is much to that, since I can't imagine how they'd go from normal to loose in the week or so since I last wore this pair. But I'm trying not to dwell on that impossibility since I need some positive weight-loss news for once.

I'm trying to wean myself off of white bread, and I'm starting with my lunch. I've been eating this light Italian bread, which is only 1 WW point for two slices, for probably 2-3 years. Well, after my complete lack of progress these past few months, I've decided to make a change. So today my usual sandwich bread was replaced with Nature's Pride Healthy Multi-Grain Bread. Only problem - one slice is twice as many points as two of my old stuff. So now I'm just taking one slice and cutting it in half to make my sandwich. And I must say, it was better than I expected. It was actually a little sweet, which I liked. And it seemed heavier, which I hope will make me a little more full. I'm just hoping that I'm eating the right kind of grains, since I know some are better than others for weight loss. (Or is it bleached vs. unbleached? And I think this is unbleached, but I'm not sure.)

So anyway, that's all that is new with me. Only 2.5 hours left until quitting time. Then it is home for supper, followed by strength training. Have a great day everyone!

I saw a lion he was standing alone
With a tadpole in a jar
WI_DisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:06 PM   #29
willonlyflytodisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WI_DisneyFan View Post

I'm trying to wean myself off of white bread, and I'm starting with my lunch.
I'm with you! Anyone know the specs on which ones are better/worse than you?
I ate my whole wheat bread for lunch today and I don't know if it's better or worse for me than my white bread...

1993 - Contemporary Hotel 2008 - Pop Century 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 - Pop Century 2012 - All Star Movies
Fall 2012 - Vacation Planning CM
willonlyflytodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:26 PM   #30
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by willonlyflytodisney View Post
I'm with you! Anyone know the specs on which ones are better/worse than you?
I ate my whole wheat bread for lunch today and I don't know if it's better or worse for me than my white bread...

I have been eating eziekel bread. its much better than whole wheat bread

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: