Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #2716
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Well, I was pretty close to achieving what I hoped weight-wise for our DL trip. I came home up 1.1 lb, took it off during the week, went to a party one day, then out to lunch with my MIL yesterday. Overall, up .2 since my last weigh-in here.

I am hounding my kids this weekend to give me a grocery list for breakfast and snacks for WDW. I am going to order through wegoshop.com for 2 reasons. One is to have a healthy start to the day. I would never have junk for breakfast in the room, but if I go to a restaurant, I feel compelled to order sweet rolls or pancakes. The other reason is, it's going to be hard to get up early for the parks, because of the 3 hour time difference. We do not need to be slowed down by lines for breakfast. I hear the AofA dining area makes everything fresh when you order it, so it's exceptionally slow.

Oh, and of course there's the money issue. Breakfast for 6 adults for one week in the dining area would be pricier than delivered groceries, even with the $25 delivery charge. Plus, some folks can be showering while others are eating. Can you tell I'm becoming obsessed with our trip?
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation

Last edited by dwheatl; 06-30-2012 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Spacing between paragraphs
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:36 AM   #2717
LittleBoPeep
"I found my moving buddy!"

I've been MIA from here for the past five weeks. I have tried to stay on-task for my eating and exercise, but I am +1.0. I am back, and ready to be accountable again.

Been back and forth from Colorado to Alabama. Took DS to his college orientation at AU (which was also parent orientation), and went looking for our new house up in Huntsville. Found a few possibilities, so we're feeling good about our transition down south. Just need to sell our house here.

Spent this whole weekend re-landscaping the front yard, since we have had several potential buyers/real estate agents remark that the curb appeal needed some work. It was 97-100 degrees most of the weekend, but we worked through it. It looks nice now, and I'm hoping all of the hard work over the weekend will help contribute to a loss on the scale later this week.

Hope everyone has a great week!
WDW: June 2014 @ ASMu; May 2014 @ POP; Aug. 2013 - POP; Sept./Oct. 2011 - CBR & Vero Beach Resort; Sept. 2010 - CSR; Sept. 2008 - ASMo; Mar./April 2007 - ASMo; Jan. 2006 - POP; May 2005 - CBR, OKW & Poly; May 2004 - offsite (Marriott Grande Vista), POR
Disneyland/DCA: Jan.-Feb. 2014; Dec. 2009/Jan. 2010; July 2007; May 2001.
Disneyland: Sept. 1997, Dec. 1992, May 1989, April 1983, & Feb. 1977.
LittleBoPeep is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2012, 12:01 PM   #2718
Disneyfreak92
Married to a Pretty, Pretty Princess
Did you say shopping? I kind of spring to attention when I hear that word!

Hi!

Got on here to check out Monica's trip report, and thought I'd see if the Peeps were still posting. And here you are! I miss you guys!!! I'm super busy these days, but I would love to try and make more regular appearances around here. to all my Peeps!
1981 Offsite~1991 Offsite~May/June 2002 Beach Club Honeymoon~May/June 2005 All Star Movies~December 2005 Saratoga Springs/Beach Club Villas~February 2006 Port Orleans Riverside~May 2006 Boardwalk Villas~November/December 2006 Saratoga Springs~May 2007 Old Key West~September/October 2007 Port Orleans French Quarter~May 2008 Animal Kingdom Villas~September 2008 Wilderness Lodge Villas~November 2008 Grand Californian!~May 2009 Boardwalk Villas~October 2009 Saratoga Springs/Bay Lake Tower~December 2009 Saratoga Springs~May 2010 Bay Lake Tower~November 2010 Moved to my happy place!
Disneyfreak92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #2719
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

So my DH just bought the Insanity videos, I have no idea if I will be able to do anything in them but he wants us to do this together.... So I guess we will be starting this up soon...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:07 AM   #2720
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
So my DH just bought the Insanity videos, I have no idea if I will be able to do anything in them but he wants us to do this together.... So I guess we will be starting this up soon...
Insanity rocks! I am doing it right now. It's hard but I think the point is to just do as much as you can. Every time you do the workout it will get easier. Good Luck!

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:15 AM   #2721
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
Insanity rocks! I am doing it right now. It's hard but I think the point is to just do as much as you can. Every time you do the workout it will get easier. Good Luck!
Thanks...

How long have you been using the videos?

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 07-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #2722
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
Thanks...

How long have you been using the videos?
I do them alot they def work but they are super advanced but thats not to say you can not do them just keep in mind to go at your max but do the best you can and if in the beginning its only getting thru the warm up so be it. just dont give you eventually you will get better and better. and make sure you hold your stomach in while you work out if your core is not strong it could hurt your lower back if you are not holding your abs in while doing the workout.

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:33 AM   #2723
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
I do them alot they def work but they are super advanced but thats not to say you can not do them just keep in mind to go at your max but do the best you can and if in the beginning its only getting thru the warm up so be it. just dont give you eventually you will get better and better. and make sure you hold your stomach in while you work out if your core is not strong it could hurt your lower back if you are not holding your abs in while doing the workout.
nothing is strong on me right now, so I need all the help I can get... Thanks for the tips.

I am guessing we will start as soon as they arrive in the mail!

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #2724
The Eighth Dwarf
Mouseketeer

Well hello all, back with another update. It's been a while but I've had a bit of a nightmare in the real world for a month or two. Everything seems to be alright now but it's like we are all waiting for the next thing to go wrong. Hopefully our run of bad luck is at an end.
So anyway, it's 2 weeks till we go and this morning I finally actually reached my goal to lose 50 pounds for Disney. After 14 months , working out 3 times a week , eating right I'm now under twelve and a half stone. In fact I'm roughly 12 st 4 pounds. That's a total loss now of 78 pounds and I'm only about 7 pounds off not being overweight.
It's been a tough long road to get here and this is now where the real work starts, I will not go back to where I was, I will lose another few pounds then hopefully all the changes I've made to my lifestyle will stay with me and I can maintain this weight into the future.
Thank you all for the support you have given me on here, it's really appreciated you helped me make this journey and you all made it that we bit easier for me.

October 2011 Old Key west
The Eighth Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #2725
dwheatl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eighth Dwarf View Post
Well hello all, back with another update. It's been a while but I've had a bit of a nightmare in the real world for a month or two. Everything seems to be alright now but it's like we are all waiting for the next thing to go wrong. Hopefully our run of bad luck is at an end.
So anyway, it's 2 weeks till we go and this morning I finally actually reached my goal to lose 50 pounds for Disney. After 14 months , working out 3 times a week , eating right I'm now under twelve and a half stone. In fact I'm roughly 12 st 4 pounds. That's a total loss now of 78 pounds and I'm only about 7 pounds off not being overweight.
It's been a tough long road to get here and this is now where the real work starts, I will not go back to where I was, I will lose another few pounds then hopefully all the changes I've made to my lifestyle will stay with me and I can maintain this weight into the future.
Thank you all for the support you have given me on here, it's really appreciated you helped me make this journey and you all made it that we bit easier for me.
Congratulations on the amazing weight loss, 8D. Hope things look up for you.

My good news is I've lost the 3 lbs. I gained at WDW and in Boston, plus I've lost 3 more. The bad news is, I lost it over 2 weeks because I came home with pneumonia. I haven't been able to exercise at all, and I feel "squishy." Now that I'm over the pneumonia, I have a pulled muscle from the coughing, so no arms or ab work. I was able to get back on the exercise bike this morning for 15 minutes. I've never been gung-ho about exercise, but this inactivity is really bugging me. Maybe it's God's way of making me appreciate how lucky I usually am to be able to be physically active.
Hope to see some more posting on here soon
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
Old 08-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #2726
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Hi there! Long time, no write. Sounds like many of you are doing well. I think I had lost a few lbs since I last wrote in the beginning of the summer? But I gained 3 lbs back over the last 3 weeks of returning to work (I'm a teacher). The hours are always so long at the beginning of the year that there is no time to work out and dinner is usually something easy and fast but not necessarily nutritious.

Anyway, wanted to post a quick trip report from our July trip.

Came home Saturday, July 20th from a week long WDW trip. It was my (then) 9 month old son's first trip. My parents, AJ (my son), and I went. We stayed at SSR and had 6 day park hoppers. The trip was great (as any trip to Disney is) but it was very hot, and fairly crowded. We got used to the heat for the most part (we live in Atlanta, so it isn't too much difference) but the crowds and the pace of a 9 month old probably don't mix too well. Basically to get a lot done in mid-July, you really have to stick to a good plan and it is just very hard to do with a baby...and his grandfather who does not like to rush for anything...lol. Of course, we've all been many times before (around 14 trips before this one for me) and we will definitely go again, so what we missed wasn't a huge deal.

My dad has a blood clot, so he couldn't ride any big rides (he had an ECV for
the trip) and mom doesn't ride them, so we didn't even have to worry about
those, as I chose to skip them this trip, with the exception of ToT, which I
rode twice. We took advantage of Fast Passes for ToT, Soarin, Toy Story Mania, Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, the boat ride in Norway, and to meet Mickey Mouse. Eating seemed to take a long time and we only did counter service, with the exception of one Crystal Palace breakfast. AJ slept in his stroller a lot or fell asleep on rides, so we had to work around that. He also received his first haircut at The Harmony Barbershop on Main Street!

To recap, it was a great first trip for AJ, but it will probably be awhile
before we go back and I don't know that I will ever go in mid-July again, unless there are no other options.

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
DL - 2 Offsite 9/1980 * Offsite 7/2002
ArielSRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #2727
dwheatl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
Hi there! Long time, no write. Sounds like many of you are doing well. I think I had lost a few lbs since I last wrote in the beginning of the summer? But I gained 3 lbs back over the last 3 weeks of returning to work (I'm a teacher). The hours are always so long at the beginning of the year that there is no time to work out and dinner is usually something easy and fast but not necessarily nutritious.

Anyway, wanted to post a quick trip report from our July trip.

Came home Saturday, July 20th from a week long WDW trip. It was my (then) 9 month old son's first trip. My parents, AJ (my son), and I went. We stayed at SSR and had 6 day park hoppers. The trip was great (as any trip to Disney is) but it was very hot, and fairly crowded. We got used to the heat for the most part (we live in Atlanta, so it isn't too much difference) but the crowds and the pace of a 9 month old probably don't mix too well. Basically to get a lot done in mid-July, you really have to stick to a good plan and it is just very hard to do with a baby...and his grandfather who does not like to rush for anything...lol. Of course, we've all been many times before (around 14 trips before this one for me) and we will definitely go again, so what we missed wasn't a huge deal.

My dad has a blood clot, so he couldn't ride any big rides (he had an ECV for
the trip) and mom doesn't ride them, so we didn't even have to worry about
those, as I chose to skip them this trip, with the exception of ToT, which I
rode twice. We took advantage of Fast Passes for ToT, Soarin, Toy Story Mania, Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, the boat ride in Norway, and to meet Mickey Mouse. Eating seemed to take a long time and we only did counter service, with the exception of one Crystal Palace breakfast. AJ slept in his stroller a lot or fell asleep on rides, so we had to work around that. He also received his first haircut at The Harmony Barbershop on Main Street!

To recap, it was a great first trip for AJ, but it will probably be awhile
before we go back and I don't know that I will ever go in mid-July again, unless there are no other options.
We got there just before you left. Arrived on the 19th, left for Boston on the 26th. I love teaching, but one of the few drawbacks is, the only time you can go to Disney is when EVERYONE goes to Disney. Love that AJ's first haircut was in MK. You are raising that child right!
Old 08-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #2728
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eighth Dwarf View Post
That is truly amazing and congratulations.... All of the life style changes should stick, you have been going about it the right way and are now reaping the rewards. Congratulations again and have a wonderful time in Disney!

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 09-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #2729
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Hi Peeps!

Haven't been around here in forever! I have a lot going on, too! After moving back to Fort Lauderdale mid-June, my family and I went on a great Mediterranean cruise. A week after we returned, my mom and I joined WW and I have since lost 17.2 lbs! I feel great! I also have an amazing boyfriend that I met on match dot com. We've been together a month but it seems way longer...in fact we just booked a quick weekend at Disney 2 weeks from now. He's never been to Epcot...can you believe it? And I started my new job a few weeks ago, back in the school system. A hectic start but every day gets easier.

So that's my news! Hope all the other peeps are doing well! I haven't had a chance to read through the thread yet.
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #2730
dwheatl
DIS Veteran

Shannon, glad to hear things are going well for you. DH and I are starting Nutrisystem tomorrow. I'm at the lowest I've been in a year and a half, and hoping NS helps me get the last 10 lbs. off that I always struggle with.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: