Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #2701
The Eighth Dwarf
Mouseketeer

Been a while since I've been on, it's been crazy busy for me between work and the gym. So a quick progress report, I'm now down to 16 lbs to lose to make my target of 50 lbs by Disney. It's still around 11 weeks till we go so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that I can make it. I'm really really pleased with my overall progress, since I started over a year ago now I've lost a total of 64 lbs and its been a steady gradual process. I've only had one blip where I went two weeks and didn't lose a thing but on a more positive note I didn't gain a thing either. I'm now under 13 and a half stone which considering I was 18 stone when I started is a significant amount, in fact I had to buy new trousers last week and I had to get a 34 inch waist, I haven't had a waist for years and the last time I was a 34 I was probably still in school.
I'm going to the gym at least 3 times a week now and my workouts are getting longer everyday , it's a struggle though not only finding the time but also finding the motivation. But I can see my target now and more importantly I can see the difference in how I look too.
It's good to see everyone in here looking after each other and trying to motivate people, even though I may not post much I get inspiration just from reading about people who have the same problems and weaknessess as me.
Let's all stick at this , we can do it together one step at a time and one pound and at time.

October 2011 Old Key west
The Eighth Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #2702
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eighth Dwarf View Post
Been a while since I've been on, it's been crazy busy for me between work and the gym. So a quick progress report, I'm now down to 16 lbs to lose to make my target of 50 lbs by Disney. It's still around 11 weeks till we go so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that I can make it. I'm really really pleased with my overall progress, since I started over a year ago now I've lost a total of 64 lbs and its been a steady gradual process. I've only had one blip where I went two weeks and didn't lose a thing but on a more positive note I didn't gain a thing either. I'm now under 13 and a half stone which considering I was 18 stone when I started is a significant amount, in fact I had to buy new trousers last week and I had to get a 34 inch waist, I haven't had a waist for years and the last time I was a 34 I was probably still in school.
I'm going to the gym at least 3 times a week now and my workouts are getting longer everyday , it's a struggle though not only finding the time but also finding the motivation. But I can see my target now and more importantly I can see the difference in how I look too.
It's good to see everyone in here looking after each other and trying to motivate people, even though I may not post much I get inspiration just from reading about people who have the same problems and weaknessess as me.
Let's all stick at this , we can do it together one step at a time and one pound and at time.

That is a wonderful progress report. Congratulations to you and your accomplishments!

Keep up the good work.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #2703
pixie dust 112
DIS Veteran
Anderson Cooper stews my juices!
Wanna move in with me?

Tomorrow is the last day of school, so hopefully next week I can start walking in the mornings before work as I won't have to be the mom taxi to school in the morning!

I also joined weight watchers on line.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #2704
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie dust 112 View Post
Tomorrow is the last day of school, so hopefully next week I can start walking in the mornings before work as I won't have to be the mom taxi to school in the morning!

I also joined weight watchers on line.
Very cool!

Good luck with that and post here often and let me know how it is going

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 07:11 PM   #2705
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Hello! I haven't posted in forever...maybe even before AJ was born in October, but I truly don't remember. I gained 48 lbs with AJ (and was already about 10 lbs heavier than I wanted to be when I started). I lost 28 lbs within a month but have kept the other 20 (+10) on. I am breastfeeding, well really pumping, so I am not dieting, but I have started working out more since I'm on Summer Break from my teaching job (walking and riding my parents' exercise bike).

Also, I am going with my parents to WDW, taking AJ, for his first visit July 14 - 20! Its been 4 1/2 years since I've been! I'm so excited to go again and take my sweet baby to meet Mickey!!

I plan to cut down to one pump per day before going back to work and then altogether at a year, so I am thinking about joining Weight Watchers online.

I hope everyone is doing well and losing lots!!

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
DL - 2 Offsite 9/1980 * Offsite 7/2002
ArielSRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:37 PM   #2706
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Renee, good to see you back, and congratulations on your little guy. Darling picture!
We'll be two ships that pass in the night.
We get to WDW the night of July 19th.
I'm still keeping up on the exercise, not so good on the eating, and we leave for DL tomorrow morning (spoiled, I know - Disney coast to coast!). We're taking our own breakfast food to try to stay with relatively good eating, and our hotel is a couple of blocks away, so I'll get lots of walking in. Hoping I can come home at the same weight or even a little lower.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #2707
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
Renee, good to see you back, and congratulations on your little guy. Darling picture!
We'll be two ships that pass in the night.
We get to WDW the night of July 19th.
I'm still keeping up on the exercise, not so good on the eating, and we leave for DL tomorrow morning (spoiled, I know - Disney coast to coast!). We're taking our own breakfast food to try to stay with relatively good eating, and our hotel is a couple of blocks away, so I'll get lots of walking in. Hoping I can come home at the same weight or even a little lower.
So lucky with Disney coast to coast. I'm envious! We will have to get to DL in a few years to check out the new areas. I went but it was in 2002, and before that when I was like 7!

For our trip to WDW, we will eat probably 2 meals in the room, breakfast and lunch. Because of the heat and having a little baby, we'll be at the parks early, then heading back to the room for a lunch-nap-pool-shower break, before going back to the parks in the evening. We do have one character breakfast planned, Crystal Palace, so AJ can meet the characters, and then we plan on counter service for dinner. We just don't want to plan too much with a baby along. He'll be pretty much guiding our touring and eating.

So, hopefully with all the walking, I can stay relatively the same weight-wise. Good luck to you, doing the same.

What resort will you be at? We will be at SSR in a studio villa.

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
Old 06-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #2708
doris1976
Mouseketeer

I started a diet at the beginning of June...giving myself a month to lose 15 lbs. Don't know if I will make it, down by 8 so far.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:33 PM   #2709
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
Hello! I haven't posted in forever...maybe even before AJ was born in October, but I truly don't remember. I gained 48 lbs with AJ (and was already about 10 lbs heavier than I wanted to be when I started). I lost 28 lbs within a month but have kept the other 20 (+10) on. I am breastfeeding, well really pumping, so I am not dieting, but I have started working out more since I'm on Summer Break from my teaching job (walking and riding my parents' exercise bike).

Also, I am going with my parents to WDW, taking AJ, for his first visit July 14 - 20! Its been 4 1/2 years since I've been! I'm so excited to go again and take my sweet baby to meet Mickey!!

I plan to cut down to one pump per day before going back to work and then altogether at a year, so I am thinking about joining Weight Watchers online.

I hope everyone is doing well and losing lots!!
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #2710
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!!

Trip Count
Old 06-25-2012, 01:43 AM   #2711
dwheatl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post

What resort will you be at? We will be at SSR in a studio villa.
We will be at AofA. I can hardly wait. We got our luggage tags, etc today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doris1976 View Post
I started a diet at the beginning of June...giving myself a month to lose 15 lbs. Don't know if I will make it, down by 8 so far.
That's a great start. Keep up the great work! 15 lbs. in a month is a pretty daunting task (1-2 lbs. a week is usually what's recommended after the first week), but if you focus on healthy, controlled eating and fit in some physical activity every day, you'll be there before you know it.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
Old 06-25-2012, 09:01 AM   #2712
The Eighth Dwarf
Mouseketeer

So another 2 weeks and another weigh in, and this ones a biggie.
So in the past 2 weeks I've lost another 5 pounds, that's a total loss of 69 pounds and here's the big bit.
After a year of sensible eating, working out more iam officially no longer Obese, I'm merely overweight now. This is a big thing for me because throughout this entire thing it was never about looking better but all about feeling better and being healthier.
I'm now 13 stone 1 pound and my target is now down to 11 pounds before Disney, we don't go for another 10 weeks so I feel I actually have a shot at making it.
After my holiday I really want to continue just to see how far I can take this, maybe try to get under 12 stone in the next year.

October 2011 Old Key west
The Eighth Dwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #2713
SDSorority
I was traumatized as a child by Magic Journeys and The Haunted Mansion. **I have a LGMH with me at all times.** {Is it Podcast day yet??}

Location: The home of the Buckeyes! 975 Miles too far away from Epcot.

Hi everyone- I'm jumping in. Am I late?

I just need motivation to exercise every day. Diet is good- eat all clean, mostly organic (I'd say 85% or so), lots of fruit, veggies, fish, gluten-free, whole food with no additives like MSG or artificial colors/flavors/sugars/etc. If I could add in exercise each day, my body would be much happier I just need to MAKE.THE.TIME.TO.DO.IT.

Go team go!
Old 06-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #2714
dwheatl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So in the past 2 weeks I've lost another 5 pounds, that's a total loss of 69 pounds and here's the big bit.
After a year of sensible eating, working out more iam officially no longer Obese, I'm merely overweight now. This is a big thing for me because throughout this entire thing it was never about looking better but all about feeling better and being healthier.
I'm now 13 stone 1 pound and my target is now down to 11 pounds before Disney, we don't go for another 10 weeks so I feel I actually have a shot at making it.
After my holiday I really want to continue just to see how far I can take this, maybe try to get under 12 stone in the next year.
So proud of you. What a great change in your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDSorority View Post
Hi everyone- I'm jumping in. Am I late?

I just need motivation to exercise every day. Diet is good- eat all clean, mostly organic (I'd say 85% or so), lots of fruit, veggies, fish, gluten-free, whole food with no additives like MSG or artificial colors/flavors/sugars/etc. If I could add in exercise each day, my body would be much happier I just need to MAKE.THE.TIME.TO.DO.IT.

Go team go!
Welcome to the Peeps. I've been doing well on exercise, having a hard time eating clean. If we could all just get it all together. I'm heading back to the sparkpeople website today because I haven't been tracking food or exercise. They have a really good program for setting up an exercise routine, then going online daily to mark off as you complete the exercises. It feels very rewarding to me.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #2715
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
BRAVO TO YOU!! Amazing work!!!! We are Proud of you!

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: