Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #2071
sparks19
DIS Veteran
 
sparks19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 1,367

OK I'm new to the WISH section I made the decision yesterday after a little episode (that turned out to be nothing but was enough to scare me for a moment) that I really need to get my weight under control.

Right now I am approx 250 lbs. My big goal is to lose 100... I could probably stand to lose a little more than that but that's my big one.

I'm really new to the whole "dieting" thing. I know this is more than a diet... it's a lifestyle change and I know it's not going to be easy and I'm going to trip along the way and want to give up.

I need a thread like this someone to say HEY SPARKS... hanging in over there lol or tell me not to quit when I really want to.

Yesterday was my first day and I was just over the lower baseline of my calorie intake yesterday.

Today I am on a good pace to do the same.

I don't have a scale yet but I hope to get one today so I can track my weight. maybe I'll make a chart like I did for my DD for using the potty HAHA.

Looking forward to joining the losers club lol
__________________
2009- Off site 2010- OKW 2011- BLT coming soon Jan 2012- OKW


My Etsy Name: Hannahshands (I make jewelry)
sparks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #2072
sparks19
DIS Veteran
 
sparks19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 1,367

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombygriz View Post
We live in a rural-ish area, so we don't have a lot of the fast food you would find in a mall (like smoothie king, starbucks, cinnabon, etc.) BUT, I am a HUGE fan on the coffee cake muffin! *sniffle*

Also, they sell Vitamin Water at lunch at my school. Kids drink it ALL THE TIME, and they're so ignorant-"It says 'vitamin' on it, so it's got to be healthy!"-It is, however, very tasty...
but it says you can drink the vitamin water 10 :D so not all hope is lost lol. I do enjoy the vitamin water too it's tasty without being too sweet and it's not just plain water.

What does everyone think of crystal light? yay or nay?
__________________
2009- Off site 2010- OKW 2011- BLT coming soon Jan 2012- OKW


My Etsy Name: Hannahshands (I make jewelry)
sparks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-02-2011, 09:56 AM   #2073
LMO429
DIS Veteran
 
LMO429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
OK I'm new to the WISH section I made the decision yesterday after a little episode (that turned out to be nothing but was enough to scare me for a moment) that I really need to get my weight under control.

Right now I am approx 250 lbs. My big goal is to lose 100... I could probably stand to lose a little more than that but that's my big one.

I'm really new to the whole "dieting" thing. I know this is more than a diet... it's a lifestyle change and I know it's not going to be easy and I'm going to trip along the way and want to give up.

I need a thread like this someone to say HEY SPARKS... hanging in over there lol or tell me not to quit when I really want to.

Yesterday was my first day and I was just over the lower baseline of my calorie intake yesterday.

Today I am on a good pace to do the same.

I don't have a scale yet but I hope to get one today so I can track my weight. maybe I'll make a chart like I did for my DD for using the potty HAHA.

Looking forward to joining the losers club lol
WELCOME!

I think the key is to realize that it is a lifestyle change. My goal is to be healthy 95 percent of the time and 5 percent of the time allow for things in moderation.

my other goal is to not beat myself if I hit some bumps along the way. There is no way anyone can be perfect alll the time when it comes to diet and exercise.

start by making gradual changes..like example replace diet soda for water or maybe start out by taking a ten minute walk here and there

the motto here is slow and steady wins the race! glad to have you on board.



many people love crystal light i however am not a fan of it I find there are to many chemicals in crystal light that are similiar to diet soda I try to eat as clean as possible with as few chemicals/additives as possible. realistically i know I am going to have a diet sode/cyrstal light here and there but ideally water is always the best especially when you are trying to lose weight.
__________________

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #2074
sparks19
DIS Veteran
 
sparks19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 1,367

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
WELCOME!

I think the key is to realize that it is a lifestyle change. My goal is to be healthy 95 percent of the time and 5 percent of the time allow for things in moderation.

my other goal is to not beat myself if I hit some bumps along the way. There is no way anyone can be perfect alll the time when it comes to diet and exercise.

start by making gradual changes..like example replace diet soda for water or maybe start out by taking a ten minute walk here and there

the motto here is slow and steady wins the race! glad to have you on board.



many people love crystal light i however am not a fan of it I find there are to many chemicals in crystal light that are similiar to diet soda I try to eat as clean as possible with as few chemicals/additives as possible. realistically i know I am going to have a diet sode/cyrstal light here and there but ideally water is always the best especially when you are trying to lose weight.
Yes I think that's going to be the hardest thing for me is accepting that sometimes I'm going to slip up and that's OK. it doesn't mean all is lost. that's going to take some work to not quit when it gets hard. I have to stick with this

Yeah I actually like drinking water. I like the taste lol but sometimes I do like to throw a little flavor in the mix but wasn't sure if crystal light or the low calorie version of the vitamin would be best

or is there a better solution to this :D

Also I hate to ask so many questions....

When you need a snack what do you guys find is the best thing for you to snack on while still staying on track? thinking of healthy snacks seems to big more difficult for me since I am not a big fan of fruit lol

OH and last question for now LOL. I did post a thread about it but figured I'd post it in here too since I'm joining the group lol.

if I'm making homemade chili tonight with beans and green peppers and hamburger and onions and tomatoes and stuff... how do I correctly enter that into my sparkpeople nutrition tracker to get a good idea of where that puts me in my daily calorie goals?
__________________
2009- Off site 2010- OKW 2011- BLT coming soon Jan 2012- OKW


My Etsy Name: Hannahshands (I make jewelry)
sparks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #2075
LMO429
DIS Veteran
 
LMO429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Yes I think that's going to be the hardest thing for me is accepting that sometimes I'm going to slip up and that's OK. it doesn't mean all is lost. that's going to take some work to not quit when it gets hard. I have to stick with this

Yeah I actually like drinking water. I like the taste lol but sometimes I do like to throw a little flavor in the mix but wasn't sure if crystal light or the low calorie version of the vitamin would be best

or is there a better solution to this :D

Also I hate to ask so many questions....

When you need a snack what do you guys find is the best thing for you to snack on while still staying on track? thinking of healthy snacks seems to big more difficult for me since I am not a big fan of fruit lol

OH and last question for now LOL. I did post a thread about it but figured I'd post it in here too since I'm joining the group lol.

if I'm making homemade chili tonight with beans and green peppers and hamburger and onions and tomatoes and stuff... how do I correctly enter that into my sparkpeople nutrition tracker to get a good idea of where that puts me in my daily calorie goals?
Here is a recipe for chilli by the biggest loser..it is delicious but it uses lean groun turkey instead of sirloin..it tastes great I have had it before . I guess you can use the nutrition on here as some sort of a base...I would look up the sirloin/hamburger content that would probaby make the calories go up..all the rest of the ingredients are minimal

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...?recipe=767667
__________________

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #2076
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!
 
lovealldisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,417

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
Yes I think that's going to be the hardest thing for me is accepting that sometimes I'm going to slip up and that's OK. it doesn't mean all is lost. that's going to take some work to not quit when it gets hard. I have to stick with this

Yeah I actually like drinking water. I like the taste lol but sometimes I do like to throw a little flavor in the mix but wasn't sure if crystal light or the low calorie version of the vitamin would be best

or is there a better solution to this :D

Also I hate to ask so many questions....

When you need a snack what do you guys find is the best thing for you to snack on while still staying on track? thinking of healthy snacks seems to big more difficult for me since I am not a big fan of fruit lol

OH and last question for now LOL. I did post a thread about it but figured I'd post it in here too since I'm joining the group lol.

if I'm making homemade chili tonight with beans and green peppers and hamburger and onions and tomatoes and stuff... how do I correctly enter that into my sparkpeople nutrition tracker to get a good idea of where that puts me in my daily calorie goals?

Hi and Welcome!

As far as healthy snacks I like low fat string cheese, cut up veggies with a little light ranch dressing, celery with peanut butter, fruit I really like berries, low fat popcorn , low fat yogurt....

My thing is I try to never let myself get really hungry, so I eat small meals through out the day. Because if I do get really hungry then I tend to over eat! Then I feel miserable.

I too was a big diet soda drinker, I quit about 3 years ago when I started having really bad heartburn once I omited soda it went away. I used Crystal Light for a short time after quitting. Now I drink water all day, with the exception of a cup of coffee in the morning. I do allow myself a diet soda once in a while but to me that is a treat.

Do you shop at Aldi? There Fit and Active line of food is really nice. There fruit snacks are really yummy and if you are doing WW it's only 1 point per pack. They are made with NO high fructose corn syrup.

Good luck with you diet plans and visit us often we're here if you need us!
__________________
Disney 1972-77 Fell in love with Disney! Offsite 1985 POFQ 1997 POFQ 2003 POP 2007
DH Me DS 19 DD 16
lovealldisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #2077
MA pigletfan
DIS Veteran
 
MA pigletfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: southeastern MA
Posts: 2,196

.....hello?????
I can't even remember the last time I was on this thread!!! I am so happy to see so many familiar faces/errr screen names here...i hope it is ok that I jump back in..i could use the motivation!
Just to get up to speed I have about 30 lbs i want to lose..yes the same that i have wanted to lose for about 3 years now..sigh....i am not on a particular program, but am trying to be more active, eat less/better foods....
__________________
Gina
MA pigletfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #2078
LMO429
DIS Veteran
 
LMO429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA pigletfan View Post
.....hello?????
I can't even remember the last time I was on this thread!!! I am so happy to see so many familiar faces/errr screen names here...i hope it is ok that I jump back in..i could use the motivation!
Just to get up to speed I have about 30 lbs i want to lose..yes the same that i have wanted to lose for about 3 years now..sigh....i am not on a particular program, but am trying to be more active, eat less/better foods....
Hi Gina!

Welcome Back we missed u!
__________________

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #2079
LMO429
DIS Veteran
 
LMO429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,123

for snacks I mostly do fruits but since you do not like them other things I enjoy are:

popcorn
one square of dark chocolate 70% cocoa (you wouldnt think it but its super satisfying)
popchips!!!! love love love themmmmm

almonds
applesauce with 2 grahamn crackers

while yogurts are good most yogurtts are loaded with sugar...for snack ideally the sugar content should be no more than 7 grams of sugar per serving.
__________________

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #2080
sparks19
DIS Veteran
 
sparks19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 1,367

what are popchips?

Apple sauce and graham crackers is a good idea. I wouldn't have thought of graham crackers. Those will satisfy me when I want something sweet too.

so far I am 200 calories under my goal for today so I'm trying to decide what to do for a snack in a bit. I'm thinking I'll probably do popcorn lol
__________________
2009- Off site 2010- OKW 2011- BLT coming soon Jan 2012- OKW


My Etsy Name: Hannahshands (I make jewelry)
sparks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:39 PM   #2081
LMO429
DIS Veteran
 
LMO429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,123

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
what are popchips?

Apple sauce and graham crackers is a good idea. I wouldn't have thought of graham crackers. Those will satisfy me when I want something sweet too.

so far I am 200 calories under my goal for today so I'm trying to decide what to do for a snack in a bit. I'm thinking I'll probably do popcorn lol
Pop chips are like a mix btw a rice cake/potato chip they are super delicioous and have better ingredients that most chips

http://popchips.com/
__________________

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #2082
LMO429
DIS Veteran
 
LMO429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,123

its about 120 calories for 22 chips pair it with an orange for a snack
__________________

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #2083
Wonders10
DIS Veteran
 
Wonders10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 2,862

Hi Peeps!

I haven't been doing so hot (what else is new?). I've been fluctuating the same 1lb up and down for the past couple weeks. My trip is in a little over 3 weeks and I just want to feel less bloated. I just can't stay focused during the day. I eat a healthy breakfast. I pack my lunch and bring snacks to eat during the day, including a mid-morning snack and an after school snack to hold me over until after job #2 is over and I eat dinner. But somewhere during that time, I go crazy. I go to job #2 and when I leave I am starving and stop to get takeout, or a "sweet" snack, or get home and eat anything I can get my hands on. I don't understand why I can't just make it til I get home. Then of course, I beat myself up, vow to do better, and then it starts all over again the next day. I feel like I am eating enough and it is more of a mental thing/habit, but I just don't know how to get myself out of that pattern!

In other news, I have been given a job offer working with adult clients (I'm a speech path in the schools now). I'm waiting to hear the salary before I make any decisions, but please send good thoughts my way so I can make the right decision for me!
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:46 PM   #2084
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?
 
dwheatl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 3,668

Welcome to all the newbies! You'll find a lot of support here. thanks to everyone who offered advice. I have been working out just about every night, but not today, since I worked a 12 hour day. Everyday I'm doing a little better than the day before, but still not good enough to want to be brutally honest with my tracking. So I'm committing to it here right now; I will track everything I eat tomorrow. Let's see if that wakes me up to how much I'm taking in.
__________________
DanielleCard carrying member of the Secret/Blatantly Obvious/New Secret Green Club
We'll always have (DLR)Paris- A trip report of our 25th anniversary celebration
DH & me DD 25 DD 24 DL trips must be close to 100 now
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:32 AM   #2085
LMO429
DIS Veteran
 
LMO429's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,123

[QUOTE=Wonders10;40163177]Hi Peeps!

I haven't been doing so hot (what else is new?). I've been fluctuating the same 1lb up and down for the past couple weeks. My trip is in a little over 3 weeks and I just want to feel less bloated. I just can't stay focused during the day. I eat a healthy breakfast. I pack my lunch and bring snacks to eat during the day, including a mid-morning snack and an after school snack to hold me over until after job #2 is over and I eat dinner. But somewhere during that time, I go crazy. I go to job #2 and when I leave I am starving and stop to get takeout, or a "sweet" snack, or get home and eat anything I can get my hands on. I don't understand why I can't just make it til I get home. Then of course, I beat myself up, vow to do better, and then it starts all over again the next day. I feel like I am eating enough and it is more of a mental thing/habit, but I just don't know how to get myself out of that pattern!


what exactly are you eating for breakfast and lunch.

I find depending on what I eat for breakfast will significantly impact how hungry I am in the evening.

what time are you home by to eat dinner?
__________________

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: