Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #2041
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Hello again! I have been MIA, so I hope you are all doing well with your weight loss. I have a good excuse for being MIA. I am 7 weeks pregnant!! Yes, right when I was about to re-dedicate myself to my weight loss, I discovered I was pregnant, so no weight loss for awhile. I do, however, want to continue eating healthy and doing light work outs so that I do not gain a lot of weight. I was considered a tad overweight when I got pregnant - my BMI was 25.2 I think and anything over 25 is overweight - so I am trying not to gain much, if any, during my first trimester. I still loosely follow the WW (original) plan but have added about 6 points into my day. I have been incredibly exhausted so I didn't work out much at all the first few weeks. I just started walking outside with our dog b/c the weather has been so nice since Saturday and will continue to be nice through the next week and hopefully beyond.

We went for our first ultrasound on Tuesday - a little earlier than usual b/c of my previous miscarriage in September. I was very nervous but we ended up seeing the fluttering heartbeat (at 120bpm) and the baby measured exactly where it was supposed to! YAH! We are not out of the woods yet, but my DH immediately posted the photo and video on Facebook - even though we hadn't officially decided to...grrr - so he forced my hand and we went ahead and announced. I can't hold it against him to much because he was bursting with excitement, he can't keep a secret to save his life, and its better than last time when he announced as soon as I got a positive pregnancy test! We go back in 3 weeks (when I am 10 weeks) for another ultrasound, nurse's history and my first official OB appt!

Anyway, I am so glad this thread is hopping again and I will stop by occasionally to check in. I'll be back full force in October after I have the baby! Have a great day, everyone!

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
DL - 2 Offsite 9/1980 * Offsite 7/2002
ArielSRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:59 AM   #2042
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
Hello again! I have been MIA, so I hope you are all doing well with your weight loss. I have a good excuse for being MIA. I am 7 weeks pregnant!! Yes, right when I was about to re-dedicate myself to my weight loss, I discovered I was pregnant, so no weight loss for awhile. I do, however, want to continue eating healthy and doing light work outs so that I do not gain a lot of weight. I was considered a tad overweight when I got pregnant - my BMI was 25.2 I think and anything over 25 is overweight - so I am trying not to gain much, if any, during my first trimester. I still loosely follow the WW (original) plan but have added about 6 points into my day. I have been incredibly exhausted so I didn't work out much at all the first few weeks. I just started walking outside with our dog b/c the weather has been so nice since Saturday and will continue to be nice through the next week and hopefully beyond.

We went for our first ultrasound on Tuesday - a little earlier than usual b/c of my previous miscarriage in September. I was very nervous but we ended up seeing the fluttering heartbeat (at 120bpm) and the baby measured exactly where it was supposed to! YAH! We are not out of the woods yet, but my DH immediately posted the photo and video on Facebook - even though we hadn't officially decided to...grrr - so he forced my hand and we went ahead and announced. I can't hold it against him to much because he was bursting with excitement, he can't keep a secret to save his life, and its better than last time when he announced as soon as I got a positive pregnancy test! We go back in 3 weeks (when I am 10 weeks) for another ultrasound, nurse's history and my first official OB appt!

Anyway, I am so glad this thread is hopping again and I will stop by occasionally to check in. I'll be back full force in October after I have the baby! Have a great day, everyone!

Congrats!!!! I'm so excited for you!! Here's a little That everything goes alright! Please don't be a stranger around here we'd love to hear about your pregnancy progress!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2011, 10:11 AM   #2043
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Best wishes, Renee. That's so exciting!
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:14 AM   #2044
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
Congrats!!!! I'm so excited for you!! Here's a little That everything goes alright! Please don't be a stranger around here we'd love to hear about your pregnancy progress!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
Best wishes, Renee. That's so exciting!
Thank you! I will definitely continue to update on my progress! You'll probably never get me to shut up...lol!

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
Old 02-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #2045
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Renee, Congratulations! Here's hoping you have a healthy, enjoyable pregnancy!
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:30 PM   #2046
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post

What a huge blessing! Congratulations! I always cry (with joy) at ultrasounds!
Old 02-18-2011, 07:59 AM   #2047
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

Contratulations Renee!

So, I am +.4 this week. I guess even a little bit of chocolate can throw you off. I know I messed up a few times this week but I have been kicking butt at exercising and it's been getting a lot easier so I'm okay with this. Onto another week!

First Disneyland Trip: November 2014!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
::Snow_White:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #2048
UtahMama

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Snow_White:: View Post
Contratulations Renee!

So, I am +.4 this week. I guess even a little bit of chocolate can throw you off. I know I messed up a few times this week but I have been kicking butt at exercising and it's been getting a lot easier so I'm okay with this. Onto another week!
Yup! A new week! (I KEEP saying that LOL...I cant seem to stay on course for more than 2 hours.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #2049
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
Renee, Congratulations! Here's hoping you have a healthy, enjoyable pregnancy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahMama View Post
What a huge blessing! Congratulations! I always cry (with joy) at ultrasounds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Snow_White:: View Post
Contratulations Renee!
Thank you all so much!!

Trip Count
Old 02-18-2011, 09:57 AM   #2050
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Hey Renee that is wonderful news! So Happy For You!!!!!!!!!!!!

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:23 AM   #2051
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Up .7. Just couldnt get into the swing of things this week. It just doesn't seem like I can possibly work out enough to burn off the amount of chocolate I ate this week. I don't expect to see a lower number next week, since we're cruising, but once I get vacation-birthday out of the way, I'll be back on the wagon.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #2052
UtahMama

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
Up .7. Just couldnt get into the swing of things this week. It just doesn't seem like I can possibly work out enough to burn off the amount of chocolate I ate this week. I don't expect to see a lower number next week, since we're cruising, but once I get vacation-birthday out of the way, I'll be back on the wagon.
Enjoy your cruise!!!! Happy early birthday!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:08 AM   #2053
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
Hey Renee that is wonderful news! So Happy For You!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you!!

Trip Count
Old 02-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #2054
LMO429
DIS Veteran

So I started a new exercise program and I gained 2 pounds! I know it's muscle because I have been eating well but its so discouraging I cried on the scale this morning..It's so discouraging when you are trying so hard and that happens to you

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #2055
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
So I started a new exercise program and I gained 2 pounds! I know it's muscle because I have been eating well but its so discouraging I cried on the scale this morning..It's so discouraging when you are trying so hard and that happens to you
Sorry, gaining when you have done everything right is the pits. I'm no exercise expert but I do read and pretend I am going to be...I've heard that sometimes your muscles "hold on" to things (water? fat?) when you initially begin exercising (or doing a new program) so there may be a gain. Could that be it? Of course, I don't know how long you've been doing the new program, but I'm sure it will all even out in the end.

Peeps, my weekend, aka FoodFest 2011, was nice. Gotta love 3-day weekends. Unfortunately it seemed to revolve around food. I'm 5 weeks from my trip and have been stalled out. I have all my meals planned for today, brought a healthy lunch and a few snacks. My true test will be this evening when I'm driving home, starving. I will not stop anywhere for take out or naughty snacks - I've got plenty of yummy, better for me things at home!
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: