Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #2026
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

Woohoo! I forgot how good it feels to see those negative numbers on the scale!
I am -3 lbs my first week back, feels great!

Hope everyone has a great day!

First Disneyland Trip: November 2014!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
::Snow_White:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #2027
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

I was down .9 on Friday, at my lowest in a long time. However, we were leading a retreat all weekend, and I ate a lot. I did get out and hike some, though. We''l see what next Friday brings.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-15-2011, 07:33 PM   #2028
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

I have no idea what my weight is at the moment! LOL!
I have to say that other than my 2 glasses of wine for Valentines Day, I've been a SAINT. Surrounded by pink frosted goodies and chocolates too!

Work has been slammed, but AS SOON as I am able, I will get on the scale.
I dont feel as "heavy" as I did last week. I feel muuuuuch better, so I am looking forward to it.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #2029
UtahMama

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
Good Morning!

I'm -1.4 lbs, but I had that crazy 4lb gain last week so I'm still not back at where I was. It's a start though.

Just when my mouth was starting to feel normal and pain free again, I went to the dentist yesterday to get the perm crown put on. Not fun. It doesn't hurt hurt, sort of just aches a tiny bit and feels very weird. My gum around the tooth is a little puffy, but the crazy sensitivity to cold went away, thank goodness. Hoping it will just take a few days to get used to it. I miss my old silver filled tooth.

Happy weigh in and TGIF! I thought Friday would never come this week!
YAYYYYYYY

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Snow_White:: View Post
Woohoo! I forgot how good it feels to see those negative numbers on the scale!
I am -3 lbs my first week back, feels great!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Wooo Hoooo!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
I was down .9 on Friday, at my lowest in a long time. However, we were leading a retreat all weekend, and I ate a lot. I did get out and hike some, though. We''l see what next Friday brings.

Good Job Ladies! I know Monica has had lots of success (saw it on Facebook)...You guys keep me going!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 07:39 AM   #2030
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!

Hi All,
Not so good eating wise last week. Went to WW last night up +1.6! Back on track today! Lots of water! Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:16 AM   #2031
UtahMama

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler

I'm planning a Disneyland trip! I swear that is half the fun. I'm on the Disneyland forums digesting it all. It's been a few years since my kids have gone.

Knowing this, I HAVE to drop some weight before we go (late summer, I'm thinking) with the prospect of being photographed. That silly thing alone will light the fire to get some weight off. Travis (my bf) is has a runner's body and I feel all frumpy next to his fit-ness.
This will be our first "family" trip!!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #2032
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahMama View Post
I'm planning a Disneyland trip! I swear that is half the fun. I'm on the Disneyland forums digesting it all. It's been a few years since my kids have gone.

Knowing this, I HAVE to drop some weight before we go (late summer, I'm thinking) with the prospect of being photographed. That silly thing alone will light the fire to get some weight off. Travis (my bf) is has a runner's body and I feel all frumpy next to his fit-ness.

Ohhhh are you doing a PTR??? and TR?? Loved all your others!!! Please do one!!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #2033
LMO429
DIS Veteran

wendy you must to a pre trip report!!! I am so excited you are going back to disneyland.

I went to disneyland back in oct 2008 for part of my honeymoon I loved disneyland. I plan on going back once all the updates have been totally completed at california adventure.

This week eating wise for me has been horrible. think i am putting way to much pressure on myself that I am not a certain weight by a certain time meanwhile I think I sabotaged myself.

trying to refocus today and get back on the bandwagon..warm weather is going to be here before we all know it. Im sick of hiding in the house because of how i feel

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:03 PM   #2034
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes, please do a pre-trip! I loved reading your past reports!

I would love to visit DisneyLand sometime. Honestly, though, I feel like I would be disppointed since I visit WDW so often and DL is smaller. Plus the cost of flying across the country is a little much. I will get there someday though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
This week eating wise for me has been horrible. think i am putting way to much pressure on myself that I am not a certain weight by a certain time meanwhile I think I sabotaged myself.
This is me! Plus I let one "bad" meal sabotage the rest of my week. I've been doing whatever I want this week for no reason at all that I can think of. I hate that I can't stick with it for more than a few days.
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:59 PM   #2035
UtahMama

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
wendy you must to a pre trip report!!! I am so excited you are going back to disneyland.

I went to disneyland back in oct 2008 for part of my honeymoon I loved disneyland. I plan on going back once all the updates have been totally completed at california adventure.

trying to refocus today and get back on the bandwagon..warm weather is going to be here before we all know it. Im sick of hiding in the house because of how i feel
I want to book it for late Summer, before kids go back to school.

Quote:

I would love to visit DisneyLand sometime. Honestly, though, I feel like I would be disppointed since I visit WDW so often and DL is smaller. Plus the cost of flying across the country is a little much. I will get there someday though!

This is me! Plus I let one "bad" meal sabotage the rest of my week. I've been doing whatever I want this week for no reason at all that I can think of. I hate that I can't stick with it for more than a few days.

This is me too!

Last edited by UtahMama; 02-16-2011 at 03:20 PM.
UtahMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #2036
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Quote:

ME THREE!! I am so bad for this. I will also let one bad day turn into eat-whatever-I-want that night, and then that turns into another backsliding week... sigh.

I want to go to DL someday too, but I have the same issues that you do. We have APs and go to WDW 3-4 times a year, and DL is a plane ticket, tickets, etc.

My dream is to do the DL half marathon some year and get the coast-to-coast bling. I have a free flight on SW this year (thanks work travel!) so the flight would be free, but DH has never been to DL either and would be mad if I went without him (WDW is our "thing"), so I don't think it will work out this year unless I come into money!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:03 PM   #2037
UtahMama

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler

Feeling VERY frustrated with my Lean Cuisine portions. I swear, I can eat 2 entrees. I feel all jipped...like Im gonna starve to death! LOL. My solution is to make a nice big salad filled with freebies (zero points) to also eat.

I had stocked up on the Lean Cuisines and am down to the last ones (hence the least desirable...the lasagna goes first ) but dont think I'm wanting to do frozen boxed meals for a while. Time to branch out to CANNED meals (JK).
Old 02-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #2038
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Feeling VERY frustrated with my Lean Cuisine portions. I swear, I can eat 2 entrees. I feel all jipped...like Im gonna starve to death! LOL. My solution is to make a nice big salad filled with freebies (zero points) to also eat.

I had stocked up on the Lean Cuisines and am down to the last ones (hence the least desirable...the lasagna goes first ) but dont think I'm wanting to do frozen boxed meals for a while. Time to branch out to CANNED meals (JK).
I know how hard it can be to have a healthy dinner ready when life/work etc get in the way. I use to eat lean cuisines all the time but before my wedding I swore off these processed foods. the sodium alone in these packaged meals are extremely high. You are better off possibly making grilled chicken in bulk for the week and tossing it in a salad or cuting up some vegetables and making a stiry fry then eating lean cuisines trust me you will feel more satisfied eating real food than eating anything processed.

here is an interesting video about the food industry and processed foods there are a bunch of videos this is just one part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkOYj...eature=related

Last edited by LMO429; 02-16-2011 at 08:22 PM.
LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:12 PM   #2039
dwheatl
DIS Veteran

I'm having a hard time staying on track this week, too. We had the retreat last weekend, and leave for our cruise to Cabo this weekend, and instead of being sensible and trying to take off last weekend's mistakes before the trip, I'm in a why-bother mood. then I feel guilty, go back and track it, then try to burn off enough points to make up for it. I guess that's better than not trying at all, but come on now. I even ate a piece of Russell Stover chocolate tonight = total cr@p!
I am super-excited about our trip, and I really need it this year. This is the toughest class I've ever had. We had a big, district-wide math test today, and my lowest kids got 100%. However, two of my highest kids flubbed a totally easy question. One counted 1 square and wrote the number 3, the other counted 2 squares and wrote the number 3. I guess it would not be right to yell at 5 y.o.s and tell them to get their heads out of their behinds, but it sure is a temptation.
It's stupid, really, and in a perfect world, I would just say, "Look, honey, you did a sloppy job, and next time you need to think about what you are doing." But now, with No Child Left Behind, it's "Let's test them up the wazoo and have the teachers report and compare how all the kids do on their tests," and it is really stressful. These scores go on a district website that is available to the public, not with the kids' names, but with my name.
OK, I guess that was a vent, but it was better than another piece of cr@ppy chocolate.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
Old 02-16-2011, 11:26 PM   #2040
dwheatl
DIS Veteran

Wendy- about Disneyland! Don't forget the Anaheim Plaza has the cheapy two-room family suites with fridge and micro. They have a huge pool and hot tub, and they are right across from the entrance on Harbor.
I also see the Days Inn Anaheim West on Expedia for cheapo. They have a nice breakfast, cute pool (semi-Mickey shaped) and a free shuttle (they're just the other side of the freeway, so you could walk, but the shuttle's great when you're tired). You probably already have a place picked out, but I got so excited for you, I couldn't help myself!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: