Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2011, 07:50 AM   #1981
DisneyLaura
A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

Oh I forgot to add this to the above post

Shannon I loved those little challenges let's do it!

I say St Patty's Day sounds good to me. I can't keep a list of who wants to join and their amounts. Let me know.

DisneyLaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #1982
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovealldisney View Post
Ok NEED advise, help, encouragement ect....

BIG holiday party I'm going to tonight!! It's a buffet... suggestions on what to choose??? I'm doing WW so you know.....

I do have my extra points so that will help....
Veggies, Salad, protein, fruit. Maybe one special thing thay you don't often have as a treat. Don't go starving. Stay hydrated, even if you partake in some adult beverages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monymony3471 View Post
Morning Peeps!

I am down -3.2lbs from last Friday. I am at a total loss of 16lbs.

Oh happy day!

We should do mini challenges Wonders.
I am swamped with 4 college classes if anyone wants to take on this or we can just monitor ourselves. I like small challenges, keeps you grounded.
Amazing! I feel like even though I'm tracking and following the plan, I'm still not doing as good as I can be. So that is my goal this week...to really, truly follow the program and maybe get some activity points in this weekend at least.

I don't have a problem monitoring the challenge. I can't promise it's going to be as fancy as when Aaron did it but definitely don't mind keeping track. So what should our goal date be? Then those that want to participate can share their goals.
Wonders10 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2011, 07:55 AM   #1983
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

St. Patrick's Day is about 7 weeks away from today. It's on a Thursday, and I personally, weigh in on Fridays.

I think my goal is going to be 18 lbs. That's what I need to see one-derland again. It's a lot but I still think doable if I stay focused.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:19 AM   #1984
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Hello! I am down 1.7 pounds this week

I am down for a challenge. When is st. pattys day this year ? I have to google it and tell you my goal

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #1985
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
Hello! I am down 1.7 pounds this week

I am down for a challenge. When is st. pattys day this year ? I have to google it and tell you my goal
for a loss!

It is March 17...about 7 weeks from today.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #1986
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonders10 View Post
for a loss!

It is March 17...about 7 weeks from today.
Ok I am down for 7 pounds in 7 weeks

Old 01-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #1987
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

Put me in for 10lbs, we can do this!
monymony3471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #1988
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

St. Patty's Day Challenge

Okay everyone!

I've started a list of participants in the St. Patty's Day Challenge. It's 7 weeks from now (minus a day).

So far I have:
Monica - 10 lbs
LMO - 7 lbs
and myself

Let me know if you want in!
Old 01-29-2011, 12:34 AM   #1989
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

I'm down .8, and I think I could lose another .8 by 3/17. Just kidding. I'm not signing up for the challenge. I know it's silly, but I never was successful on one of those. I think partly because I felt like it was competition, and I knew I couldn't be the biggest loser. So I'll be a and just do my best without a specific weight loss goal in mind.

On a related note, I contacted our travel agent and upgraded us to a balcony cabin on our cruise next month. It's not Disney, but I'm still super-excited.

congrats to all the loser and samers, and for those who are up, don't fret, just live and learn. Sometimes it's just a "hiccup" in our system, and sometimes it's a reminder to be a little more vigilant.

DH and I have a church meeting out of town tomorrow morning, so I better get to bed. I declare now that I will make wise food choices at the meeting, no sitting by the m & ms bowl.

Have a healthy weekend, all.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:54 AM   #1990
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwheatl View Post
I'm down .8, and I think I could lose another .8 by 3/17. Just kidding. I'm not signing up for the challenge. I know it's silly, but I never was successful on one of those. I think partly because I felt like it was competition, and I knew I couldn't be the biggest loser. So I'll be a and just do my best without a specific weight loss goal in mind.

On a related note, I contacted our travel agent and upgraded us to a balcony cabin on our cruise next month. It's not Disney, but I'm still super-excited.

congrats to all the loser and samers, and for those who are up, don't fret, just live and learn. Sometimes it's just a "hiccup" in our system, and sometimes it's a reminder to be a little more vigilant.

DH and I have a church meeting out of town tomorrow morning, so I better get to bed. I declare now that I will make wise food choices at the meeting, no sitting by the m & ms bowl.

Have a healthy weekend, all.
It's okay...I've never actually met one of the challenges either, but I'm giving it a go, because my even bigger challenge date (disney) is the week after so now I feel like I have 2 things going for myself.

Yay for a balcony! I love cruises although I've yet to do a Disney one. My problem with the disney cruises is they are so darn expensive and I can do a 7 day cruise that leaves closer to home, with a balcony, for cheaper than a 4 nt oceanview cabin on Disney. That being said, eventually, I am going to do one!

Okay, so my weight loss ticker is gone because it wouldn't let me update it with this week's weight and that was just going to be really annoying to have to get a new ticker every week. So...I just took one of the WISH smilies and will change it every 5 lbs. So even though I've lost 7 lbs, I have the 5lb in my siggie.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:07 AM   #1991
LMO429
DIS Veteran

I have gone on a disney cruise two times..I have to say I really enjoyed myself on both of them. We do not have children and I liked how the adult areas are strictly adult. I rarely saw children on the cruise.

the problem I have with disney cruise is I rather spend the $ in the parks than on a cruise. Its hard to justify spending over 2500 on a 4 day cruise when I can be in the parks during that same amount of time. Plus my husband likes to gamble and there is no gambling i heard that is why they are more expensive as well

Old 01-31-2011, 11:54 AM   #1992
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

I MISSED YOU GUYS!

My surgery went well, but I dont notice any "improvement" yet. I am assured these things take time.

I havent even touched a scale or counted points all week. I mostly sleep and rest and watch HGTV all day. I close my eyes and POOF, it's 6PM. Ughhhh.

The good news, which has surprised me, is Travis is totally taking care of me! He wont let me lift a finger and is constantly making sure everything is A-OK. Kids quiet, pillows fluffed, etc. He told me he likes taking care of me . All I can say is WOW. If only I can train him to want to go to DISNEY and not Hawaii. The man thinks we can "do" disney in a half a day. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm nervous to get on the scale because I've only been in Pajamas and feel sooooo fat/solid. After a week, ummmm, I reeeeeally need special muffins, if you know what I mean.

I'm probably not ready for a St. Patricks day challenge. I need my head back in this game! I'm positive Ive re-gained all the weight I lost.

OK, now I need to read back. Ive missed a LOT.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:28 PM   #1993
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

Dang it...soooo sleepy. I sleep Alll day. Suddenly its night time.

Making "convenient" food choices.
I really want Healthy Choice Kettle Corn.

I will weigh in the morning. Grrr.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:24 AM   #1994
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Maybe you should wait to weigh until the special muffins have worked their magic.
My sis had the same surgery a couple of months ago. It took a little while for her to see an improvement, because she got a UTI right after. Once they got that cleared up, it's been smooth sailing.
Hope you are feeling good, and on having a honey-bunch that takes care of you. Just bombard him with Glee tunes until he agrees to do Disney good and proper.
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:37 AM   #1995
Wonders10
DIS Veteran

Wendy - glad you are sort of feeling better. Just enjoy the rest and be thankful you have a sweetie to help you out around the house!

I am having a rough start to the week. I'm stressed and anxious and all I want is comfort food and Reese's Peanut Butter Hearts (has anyone ever noticed that the "seasonal" Reese's are sooooo much better than the regular ones?)

I'm desperately trying to turn things around so I can see a loss this week.

In other exciting news...if you aren't reading my pre-trip report, I have added an extra night for a grand total of 4! And we switched our hotel ressie from POR to POFQ. We're ready for a change, but it still gives us the comfort of POR.

Happy Tuesday!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: