Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2010, 10:08 AM   #1501
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArielSRL View Post
Good luck to you all with the weight loss goals! I finally weighed myself after being back from wedding/honeymoon/reception a week ago and I had gained 3 lbs. It probably was more, but I started dieting and exercising before I stepped on the scale again. I go back to work in 2.5 weeks (I'm a teacher on Summer Break) and am hoping to be back down to what I was before we left. I had to set a new weight loss goal b/c my goal was to lose so much before my wedding and thats over now. So I set a goal to lose 9 lbs by my birthday which is Oct 29. I don't think thats too crazy. Thats a little over 3 months and I know the first month of school will be crazy so it gives me some wiggle room. The only thing that will change that is if I become pregnant b/c we are trying...so we'll see what happens.
your weight loss goal sounds completely realistic and doable...good luck! you can do it

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #1502
LMO429
DIS Veteran

I am on day 11 of the Turbo Fire program. I love it! I am also down 3 pounds since I started. I have being doing turbofire adding in 3 days of some sort of strength training..which usually is a jillian michaels dvd or bob harpers new workout dvds which kick butt.

my goal is to lose 10 pounds by the time i go to disney in october. One of my bigger goals is to start blowing it on the weekend. I hate that I can eat great mon - fri and then the weekend comes I just go nuts. the past two weekends I have been in more control..eating what I want but trying to limit the portion sizes on the weekends. If I can get over the weekend bad eating hurdle I know I am on my way to success.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #1503
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429 View Post
your weight loss goal sounds completely realistic and doable...good luck! you can do it
Thank you!!

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
DL - 2 Offsite 9/1980 * Offsite 7/2002
ArielSRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:55 AM   #1504
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am on day 11 of the Turbo Fire program. I love it! I am also down 3 pounds since I started. I have being doing turbofire adding in 3 days of some sort of strength training..which usually is a jillian michaels dvd or bob harpers new workout dvds which kick butt.

my goal is to lose 10 pounds by the time i go to disney in october. One of my bigger goals is to start blowing it on the weekend. I hate that I can eat great mon - fri and then the weekend comes I just go nuts. the past two weekends I have been in more control..eating what I want but trying to limit the portion sizes on the weekends. If I can get over the weekend bad eating hurdle I know I am on my way to success.
I can totally relate. I use the weekend as my "cheat" days b/c it helps me make it through the week. It helps me stick to it more mon - fri. However, I felt like I was going too crazy before so even though I cheat, I now try to keep it under control. I still eat a pretty low cal lunch, I go a little over for breakfast, and usually let my dinner be my bigger cheat meal. I also let myself have 1 soda just b/c that is something I enjoy, and I let myself have some full fat sweets (usually a chocolate truffle or two). Anyway, it is still cheating but like I said, I really think that is what helps me maintain during the week and also it is a bit more of an organized-planned out cheating, as opposed to just going completey crazy. I still manage to lose a pound or sometimes two per week, doing that and really thats all I am trying to do.

Trip Count
WDW - somewhere around 14 Most Recent: SSR 7/2012 * POR 12/2007 * POR 9/2006 * CBR 12/2005
Old 07-19-2010, 11:21 AM   #1505
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can totally relate. I use the weekend as my "cheat" days b/c it helps me make it through the week. It helps me stick to it more mon - fri. However, I felt like I was going too crazy before so even though I cheat, I now try to keep it under control. I still eat a pretty low cal lunch, I go a little over for breakfast, and usually let my dinner be my bigger cheat meal. I also let myself have 1 soda just b/c that is something I enjoy, and I let myself have some full fat sweets (usually a chocolate truffle or two). Anyway, it is still cheating but like I said, I really think that is what helps me maintain during the week and also it is a bit more of an organized-planned out cheating, as opposed to just going completey crazy. I still manage to lose a pound or sometimes two per week, doing that and really thats all I am trying to do.
I agree
I think one of the bigger mental hurdles I am finally over is trying to lose 5 pounds in a week its not going to happen. A realistic half pound to a pound a week is more doable and will stay off longer than if I crash diet

Old 07-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #1506
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Yay! This thread is back to life again.

Ariel, congrats on the wedding!!

I completely agree on the weekend splurging. I try not to but often fail (like last weekend).

I have been steadily working the weight off this year... I was 178 last Monday, down from 218 in Jan, so 40 lbs gone. This morning's weighin was ugly, though, thanks to the weekend off. Sigh.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:19 PM   #1507
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyKat View Post

I completely agree on the weekend splurging. I try not to but often fail (like last weekend).

I have been steadily working the weight off this year... I was 178 last Monday, down from 218 in Jan, so 40 lbs gone. This morning's weighin was ugly, though, thanks to the weekend off. Sigh.
wow 40 lbs that is amazing!!!

Old 07-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #1508
LMO429
DIS Veteran

I hate when I drink to much coffee before I work out. I couldnt even finish I felt like I was going to have a heartattack...which was annoying because mentally I was all pumped up to put a full hour in ..I only did about 33 minutes of the turbofire 55 dvd which is no joke to begin with.

the food and wine festival booth info just came out about a couple of days ago I cant be slacking in my workouts I have to make room for all that food!

Old 07-21-2010, 07:23 AM   #1509
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree
I think one of the bigger mental hurdles I am finally over is trying to lose 5 pounds in a week its not going to happen. A realistic half pound to a pound a week is more doable and will stay off longer than if I crash diet
I think you have the right idea there!

Trip Count
Old 07-21-2010, 07:25 AM   #1510
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thank you! 40 lbs is totally amazing! You are doing great!

Trip Count
Old 07-21-2010, 07:28 AM   #1511
ArielSRL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hate when I drink to much coffee before I work out. I couldnt even finish I felt like I was going to have a heartattack...which was annoying because mentally I was all pumped up to put a full hour in ..I only did about 33 minutes of the turbofire 55 dvd which is no joke to begin with.

the food and wine festival booth info just came out about a couple of days ago I cant be slacking in my workouts I have to make room for all that food!
Mine isn't coffee related, but some days I can do an hour of cardio along with some strength training for my arms, but then other days I am exhausted doing 25 minutes! Isnt that weird? I totally dont get it.

Trip Count
Old 07-21-2010, 08:01 AM   #1512
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mine isn't coffee related, but some days I can do an hour of cardio along with some strength training for my arms, but then other days I am exhausted doing 25 minutes! Isnt that weird? I totally dont get it.
I think it could be that your body just needs rest. I didn't realize that I worked out for 11 days in a row as of yesterday I def should have taken an off day. I just feel really guilty when I do. but realistically taking off days are very important. my body is hurting again today I can feel it. I think I have no choice but to sit today out.

Old 07-21-2010, 09:45 AM   #1513
HockeyKat
DIS Veteran

Thanks guys!

Rest days are totally important. I feel guilty too, but I have also learned to listen to my body and realize that it needs days to heal from what I am doing to it.

Granted, facing down a 10-14 mile run every Sat at 6:30AM with my group, makes Fri an easy rest day to take.

I just wish it weren't so humid here.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:40 AM   #1514
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks guys!

Rest days are totally important. I feel guilty too, but I have also learned to listen to my body and realize that it needs days to heal from what I am doing to it.

Granted, facing down a 10-14 mile run every Sat at 6:30AM with my group, makes Fri an easy rest day to take.

I just wish it weren't so humid here.
I am forcing myself to take a rest day today. I had a spike of energy about a half an hour ago and I was going to work out and I am telling myself not too..I wish I was this good about my eating I would be golden

Old 07-22-2010, 07:38 AM   #1515
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Maybe rest days do work. tomorrow will be two weeks on the turbofire program. I am down 4.5 pounds and I lost an 1.5 inch off my waist, and 1/4 inch off my hips!

I must stick with this it's working!

I also am adding in 2 to 3 days of some sort of strength training (i.e jillian dvd or bob harper's (which are killer by the way)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: