Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 12:11 PM   #511
stacikristine
DIS Veteran
 
stacikristine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,657

You're at Universal now!!! That's so exciting!!! I can't believe our trips are getting sooooooo close!!!
__________________
Hubby (Michael) & Me (Staci) Baby Boy

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

stacikristine is offline  
Old 09-17-2009, 03:52 PM   #512
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,869

I'm Back

Hi everyone.

Well, I'm back from Universal. I had a great time and I will go into more detail about it later.

I got some sad news while I was away. Almost as soon as I arrived, I got a phone call from my sister. She sounded odd and I knew something was up. Turns out my cousin, who's only 28, was found unconscious Sunday morning. She was taken to the hospital and was in a coma. She remained in a coma until Wednesday morning when sadly, she passed. As soon as I got off the plane last night, I went straight to my aunt's house. I helped my other cousin (her brother) who is also around my age pick out pictures to put at her wake and helped make a DVD to play as well.

It's just so sudden and sad. She has a six year old daughter and I haven't seen her yet. She must be devastated.

I've re-worked my Disney trip a bit because I wanted to be at the funeral (which is on Saturday) so driving no longer applies. Joe and I booked a late afternoon flight on Sunday; we'll get into FL around 5:15. We booked a late flight out (9/29) which departs around 9:30. I contacted Disney and added ME and the cruise transfers as well.

Apart from that, I did manage to have a good time at Universal. Of course that was always in the back of my mind and I was checking in with my family whenever I got the chance, but it kept me busy enough to keep my mind off of things.

I'll update more about it possibly tomorrow but if not, definitely after my trip to Disney. I didn't really take many pictures (sorry!) but I have plenty of details!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 POFQ/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-17-2009, 03:57 PM   #513
karentan
my main job for tomorrow is to give cerby a bath, and make a cheesecake
 
karentan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: essex, UK
Posts: 7,225

sorry to hear about your cousin jenny, hope you're all ok
__________________
Karen x
28/8/14-11/9/14 Solo trip @ Celebration suites!! 24/9/13-2/10/13 Solo trip @ ASMo + DDP!! 22/2/13-1/3/13 @ POP!! 19/1/13-26/1/13 2 nights POP, 3 nights POR, 2 nights Poly!! 8/9/12-22/9/12 - 3 nights Edenton NC, 7 nights SSR, 3 nights WL CL and DDP!! 5/5/12-12/5/12 Celebration Suites!! 10/9/11-29/9/11 - Disney Magic WBTA, WDW, Edenton, NC!! 5/6/10-12/6/10 - Barcelona to Dover on Disney Magic repo!! 12/9/09-28/9/09 - SSR, AKV, DDP, MNSSHP, 3 nights Disney Wonder!! 4/11/08-25/11/08 - AKL CL, Disney Wonder, villa!! 11/05 - disney fairy tale wedding and honeymoon!! 11/02 - disneyland, 05/99 - disneyland paris, 7/98 - WDW, 11/92 - WDW, 11/91 - WDW
karentan is offline  
Old 09-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #514
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.
 
Rora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,911

Jenny, I am so so sorry about your cousin. I'm so happy you'll be able to attend the funeral. Please keep us updated. We're here for you!
__________________
Me-Rory, 24 and DH-Jackson, 25
Rora is offline  
Old 09-18-2009, 12:49 AM   #515
DSNYGRL_JKS2006
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 438

Hey girl! Glad to hear you had a safe trip home from Universal! I am SO sorry to hear about your cousin That is scary.. i'm almost 24.. she was only 4 yrs older than myself.. But hey we are all here for you

Glad you could rework your transportation..I think you'll LOVE that your flying now .. getting to Disney in 2 hours!! haha.. I HATE flying w/ a passion..and honestly LOVE to drive I-95..

We were driving next month when we were suppose to go on our trip but sadly, and I mean I can barely think about it we had to post-pone our trip to 2010 because of the economy.. we weren't going to have enough money to pay the rest of our trip off we were very close only couple 100 dollars away.. BUT then we had to worry about gas money/food money on the way down/money for tips and of course a little spending/emergency $ for Disney... so it looks like were aiming for Sept/Oct 2010 .. its definitley going to happen then.. but it sucks cuz we have to wait almost another WHOLE year .. and we planned this original trip in October-ish 2008.. this was a long awaited trip.. our 3 year anniversary and my 24th bday too.. we were going to celebrate it down there.. but its all good we have each other thats all that matters...

TTYS girl and if not before Disney have a SAFE and GREAT vacation !! cant wait to hear/read and see all the pics!
DSNYGRL_JKS2006 is offline  
Old 09-18-2009, 09:51 AM   #516
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,869

Quote:
Originally Posted by karentan View Post
sorry to hear about your cousin jenny, hope you're all ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
Jenny, I am so so sorry about your cousin. I'm so happy you'll be able to attend the funeral. Please keep us updated. We're here for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYGRL_JKS2006 View Post
Hey girl! Glad to hear you had a safe trip home from Universal! I am SO sorry to hear about your cousin That is scary.. i'm almost 24.. she was only 4 yrs older than myself.. But hey we are all here for you

Glad you could rework your transportation..I think you'll LOVE that your flying now .. getting to Disney in 2 hours!! haha.. I HATE flying w/ a passion..and honestly LOVE to drive I-95..

We were driving next month when we were suppose to go on our trip but sadly, and I mean I can barely think about it we had to post-pone our trip to 2010 because of the economy.. we weren't going to have enough money to pay the rest of our trip off we were very close only couple 100 dollars away.. BUT then we had to worry about gas money/food money on the way down/money for tips and of course a little spending/emergency $ for Disney... so it looks like were aiming for Sept/Oct 2010 .. its definitley going to happen then.. but it sucks cuz we have to wait almost another WHOLE year .. and we planned this original trip in October-ish 2008.. this was a long awaited trip.. our 3 year anniversary and my 24th bday too.. we were going to celebrate it down there.. but its all good we have each other thats all that matters...

TTYS girl and if not before Disney have a SAFE and GREAT vacation !! cant wait to hear/read and see all the pics!
Thank you all, I really appreciate it.


Sorry that you had to cancel your trip. I know how much you were looking forward to it. Is there anyway you could book it earlier in 2010 or do you really have your heart set on that time of year? At least you can put most of the money you had saved for this trip toward the next one so you don't have to worry so much about paying it off.

I'll be on here for a little bit today while I'm at work. I'm working a half day today and then going to the wake. I'll try to do a quick post before I leave on Sunday.
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 POFQ/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 09-18-2009, 10:57 AM   #517
stacikristine
DIS Veteran
 
stacikristine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,657

Hey Jenny! I'm so sorry about your cousin. I'll pray for her family and her little girl. That has to be so tough. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with your plans to switch to flying. It's important that you're there for your family! And hopefully you'll be able to come to Disney World and just take a break and relax I know it's probably been a horribly long week for you, but I'm sure it will get better
__________________
Hubby (Michael) & Me (Staci) Baby Boy

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

stacikristine is offline  
Old 09-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #518
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,869

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Hey Jenny! I'm so sorry about your cousin. I'll pray for her family and her little girl. That has to be so tough. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with your plans to switch to flying. It's important that you're there for your family! And hopefully you'll be able to come to Disney World and just take a break and relax I know it's probably been a horribly long week for you, but I'm sure it will get better
Thank you. It's going to be a tough weekend.

On top of everything else, I think I'm starting to come down with a cold. Boo!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 POFQ/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 09-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #519
DSNYGRL_JKS2006
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 438

Hey Jenny.. I too feel like a cold..BUT I have bad allergies..so I think its that more than the cold.
I was fine since Spring.. all Summer.. but all of a sudden..its Fall and allergies are back.. I'm so excited for Winter!! haha
Hope you are having a good day at work.. I know tonight will be rough.. take it easy!

As for our trip-I'd SO rather go in early 2010 haha.. but my DBF said he loves that time of year and we HOPE to get free dining again! Also he says the crowds and weather is better! We went to Disney last July 08' , we had a BLAST, but he said the temp. and crowds were rough!!
For me: I've worked and lived there during those HOTTEST months, and I've pretty much been to Disney every month at some point, so nothing bothers me haha..
Also he said we could save extra money to stay at the Poly.. of course huge upgrade from PoP ! We will love that, again at this point doesnt matter which resort we are at.. as long as its a Disney Resort LOL!!!
DSNYGRL_JKS2006 is offline  
Old 09-19-2009, 05:33 PM   #520
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,869

Leaving Tomorrow

Well, tomorrow around this time, I will have just arrived in Orlando. I have a load of laundry drying right now and then I'm going to start packing. My head and heart aren't really into it right now but I know I'll feel a LOT better once I get on the Magical Express and it hits me that I'm going to be spending the next week and a half in Walt Disney World.

If any of you are on twitter, I'm going to be tweeting some pictures from the parks/hotel/ship. So follow me if you'd like to live vicariously through me. My Twitter name is also Jenny105.

Talk to you all when I'm back!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 POFQ/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 09-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #521
hmdavid
DIS Veteran
 
hmdavid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: here, there, everywhere
Posts: 2,620

I hope you have a great trip, Jenny. We had a similar situation when we went on our trip a couple of weeks ago but there is something about being at Disney that makes you forget about all of your worries! Looking forward to your twitter updates!
__________________
~Heather
hmdavid is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #522
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there
 
Lynn5700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,024

Hey. I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. That's so awful.

Well you left today so you're in the world now. Have an awesome trip!
Lynn5700 is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 08:42 PM   #523
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran
 
disneygirlinnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,085

I'm so sorry about your cousin Jenny Hugs to you and your family!

Hope you're having a great time down there right now!!
disneygirlinnj is offline  
Old 09-20-2009, 08:58 PM   #524
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides
 
wdwgirl03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 12,089

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Well, tomorrow around this time, I will have just arrived in Orlando. I have a load of laundry drying right now and then I'm going to start packing. My head and heart aren't really into it right now but I know I'll feel a LOT better once I get on the Magical Express and it hits me that I'm going to be spending the next week and a half in Walt Disney World.

If any of you are on twitter, I'm going to be tweeting some pictures from the parks/hotel/ship. So follow me if you'd like to live vicariously through me. My Twitter name is also Jenny105.

Talk to you all when I'm back!
I'm about to add you on Twitter! Have a great time!
__________________
I *HEART* WALT DISNEY WORLD!! been there, done that, GOING BACK!
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIPS: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!! April '15-VWL!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline  
Old 09-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #525
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.
 
Rora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,911

YAY!! The Trip has officially begun!! I cannot wait to hear about it!!!

I hope you and Joe have a great time!
__________________
Me-Rory, 24 and DH-Jackson, 25
Rora is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: