Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #421
princess_momma
DIS Veteran
 
princess_momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,431

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Hi, my name is Jen and I'm a resort switch-aholic.
You're too funny!!

That's awesome though. I would've done the same!!
__________________
Kimmy (24) , DBF G (27) , DS L (6)
Sept '09 Pop Century, Aug '10 Pop Century, June '11 Old Key West, Oct '13 Pop Century...Nov '14 Boardwalk Villas - AS DVC OWNERS!
October 2013 Trip Video
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR
I Kept My Eyes Open the Whole Time! - Nov 2014 TR

princess_momma is offline  
Old 08-20-2009, 02:32 PM   #422
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
You're too funny!!

That's awesome though. I would've done the same!!
I couldn't pass it up! Everytime I go to the Boardwalk area, I would stare across at the Y&BC. I've always wanted to stay there so I jumped at the chance!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #423
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran
 
disneygirlinnj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,085

Atlantis is AMAZING! We stayed there twice (my ex bf has a time share there and once with my family). I actually haven't seen the water park finished yet. they were building it when we were there. I'd love to go back though!
disneygirlinnj is offline  
Old 08-20-2009, 03:32 PM   #424
crocko
DVC Member
 
crocko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 1,084

One of the awesome things (to me) about staing at Beach, Yacht, or Boardwalk...is the transportation to Epcot and Studios. Awesome!
__________________
Disney Hotels we've stayed at:
Caribbean Beach (2001)
All-Star Movies (2002)
Saratoga Springs (2008, 2011)
Animal Kingdom Lodge (2009)
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
crocko is offline  
Old 08-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #425
Sarah84
DIS Veteran
 
Sarah84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,422

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
You stayed at Atlantis? Wow, lucky! It looks like a gorgeous place and I'm really looking forward to seeing it up close. I felt like I had to watch my back in the Bahamas. I've been to Bermuda and didn't feel that way at all. I'm just not a fan of Nassau.

Me and two friends spent a week there after a week in WDW, one of the most amazing holidays i've had. I remember seeing a film years & years ago with the Olsen twins that was filmed there called 'Holiday in the sun' and after seeing it i was obsessed with having to go to the Atlantis one day and im so greatful i got to go


haha you've changed your resort again, wonder if this will be for the last time now?
__________________
Sep 2005: Disney World & Bahamas Oct 2007: Mexico & Miami Dec 2008: Disneyland Paris
Sep 2009: Disneyland California/Las Vegas/San Diego/Hollywood -Engaged at DL
June 2010: New York Sep 2010: Cyprus Feb 2011: Las Vegas
April 2012: Disney World wedding & Mexico honeymoon
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Sarah84 is offline  
Old 08-20-2009, 04:07 PM   #426
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
Atlantis is AMAZING! We stayed there twice (my ex bf has a time share there and once with my family). I actually haven't seen the water park finished yet. they were building it when we were there. I'd love to go back though!
I can't wait to check it out! The water park is supposed to be awesome. They have a "not-so-lazy" river with rapids and waterfalls and for some of the slides, you don't even have to leave your tube to wait in line! Sounds too cool!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocko View Post
One of the awesome things (to me) about staing at Beach, Yacht, or Boardwalk...is the transportation to Epcot and Studios. Awesome!
I love that it's within walking distance of Epcot. And I just love the whole atmosphere of that area. It's GORGEOUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Me and two friends spent a week there after a week in WDW, one of the most amazing holidays i've had. I remember seeing a film years & years ago with the Olsen twins that was filmed there called 'Holiday in the sun' and after seeing it i was obsessed with having to go to the Atlantis one day and im so greatful i got to go


haha you've changed your resort again, wonder if this will be for the last time now?
I saw that movie! Because of that movie, Atlantis will be intertwined with that Weezer song to me.

Yup! It will be the last time, I swear. WL and BC are the two resorts I've always really wanted to stay at!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 08-20-2009, 06:23 PM   #427
amandaluvsgoofy
DIS Veteran
 
amandaluvsgoofy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,004

Ha!! I know what you mean! I toyed with the idea of switching resorts before we left!! The Epcot Resorts are sooo cool! And I honestly think the Beach Club might be our choice for next time!
__________________
Amanda ~ me (34), Johnny (DH) (39), Emma (4) and Baby Blake (1)
Koda (9) , Misha (3) , Romeo (8/1998 - 1/2013)(RIP )

As soon as we can plan another trip, I'll start my TR
Time to go for Christmas! Dec '12 PTR
TR-Yogi Drags Her Dude Back! Aug 2011 TR - Hubby & Prego do Disney in August 2009
amandaluvsgoofy is offline  
Old 08-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #428
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaluvsgoofy View Post
Ha!! I know what you mean! I toyed with the idea of switching resorts before we left!! The Epcot Resorts are sooo cool! And I honestly think the Beach Club might be our choice for next time!
I eventually want to stay at every resort on property! But I'm getting the resorts at the top of my list of places to stay done first.
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 08-20-2009, 09:57 PM   #429
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.
 
Rora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,911

So glad you're staying at BVC, it'd be different if you had the Savannah view at AKL!!!

And I love your indecisiveness- it adds great excitment to the PTR!
__________________
Me-Rory, 24 and DH-Jackson, 25
Rora is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #430
princess_momma
DIS Veteran
 
princess_momma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,431

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Me and two friends spent a week there after a week in WDW, one of the most amazing holidays i've had. I remember seeing a film years & years ago with the Olsen twins that was filmed there called 'Holiday in the sun' and after seeing it i was obsessed with having to go to the Atlantis one day and im so greatful i got to go


haha you've changed your resort again, wonder if this will be for the last time now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I saw that movie! Because of that movie, Atlantis will be intertwined with that Weezer song to me.
I remember that movie! Now the nerd in me kinda wants to watch that again......and then I'd just be obligated to have to go check out Atlantis myself.
__________________
Kimmy (24) , DBF G (27) , DS L (6)
Sept '09 Pop Century, Aug '10 Pop Century, June '11 Old Key West, Oct '13 Pop Century...Nov '14 Boardwalk Villas - AS DVC OWNERS!
October 2013 Trip Video
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR
I Kept My Eyes Open the Whole Time! - Nov 2014 TR

princess_momma is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #431
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there
 
Lynn5700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Hi, my name is Jen and I'm a resort switch-aholic. I switched the post cruise part of my stay AGAIN. I was browsing on the Disney TA website and saw that I could get BCV for the same price I was paying for AKV. Hmmmm...Joe's always wanted to stay at Y&BC. I love the Boardwalk area and really want to check out Stormalong Bay. Plus, we're planning on going to F&WF so why not stay within walking distance of Epcot? Makes sense right?

If I had a Savanna view room at AKV, I would have thought twice about it but I didn't so...no biggie! If it's possible, I'm even more excited now.
I think it's awesome you are getting to stay there!! So awesome!!!
Lynn5700 is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 03:37 PM   #432
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
So glad you're staying at BVC, it'd be different if you had the Savannah view at AKL!!!

And I love your indecisiveness- it adds great excitment to the PTR!
I figured without the view, there really wasn't much point in staying there.

I keep you guys on your toes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
I remember that movie! Now the nerd in me kinda wants to watch that again......and then I'd just be obligated to have to go check out Atlantis myself.
You can live vicariously through me and all the pictures I'm going to take!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
I think it's awesome you are getting to stay there!! So awesome!!!
I love that whole area!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 07:00 PM   #433
Sarah84
DIS Veteran
 
Sarah84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,422

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
I remember that movie! Now the nerd in me kinda wants to watch that again......and then I'd just be obligated to have to go check out Atlantis myself.
Well I probably shouldn't be admitting this espcially at 25 and considering it was only 4 years ago i went but i owned the film
I lent it to my friend who was also coming just before we went so she could see what it was like at the Atlantis but she still hasn't gave me it back
The child in me loves silly cheesy films made for the more younger audiance
__________________
Sep 2005: Disney World & Bahamas Oct 2007: Mexico & Miami Dec 2008: Disneyland Paris
Sep 2009: Disneyland California/Las Vegas/San Diego/Hollywood -Engaged at DL
June 2010: New York Sep 2010: Cyprus Feb 2011: Las Vegas
April 2012: Disney World wedding & Mexico honeymoon
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Sarah84 is offline  
Old 08-21-2009, 07:49 PM   #434
DSNYGRL_JKS2006
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 438

Hey girl ! All caught up.. i've been insanely busy...got laid off at my job I know that isnt a good thing but I HATED it there so much! It honestly did me a favor but in the same time made me unemployed.. the closest thing to getting a travel agent job i've come to is I interviewed for a Cruise Consultant job which also sells Disney Cruise Lines, so I will probably get that job, I had a good interview.. now the person who owns the company wants me to "watch" or "shadow" one day--which is great! So ahh..so much .. !

As for the DCL I believe you are on the Wonder.. my family in fact just was on that until this past Thurs. August 20... its not their fave either. We love the Magic and esp. the Eastern cruise. I couldn't agree with you more not wanting to get off at Nassua .. NOO thank you lol.. its not the best place except for that waterpark as you mentioned, I have no interest in visiting there either!

So hey just wondering do you at AAA as a travel agent book cruises? and are you having to meet goals/quotas and sales? thats what the cruise consultant position is.. so far from what I know I will get hourly PLUS a pull from commission I think... its a little confusing but ill find out more information next week..
DSNYGRL_JKS2006 is offline  
Old 08-23-2009, 02:59 PM   #435
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Well I probably shouldn't be admitting this espcially at 25 and considering it was only 4 years ago i went but i owned the film
I lent it to my friend who was also coming just before we went so she could see what it was like at the Atlantis but she still hasn't gave me it back
The child in me loves silly cheesy films made for the more younger audiance
I love cheesy films too! I watch all the made for tv movies on ABC family! I'm watching one of the Bring It On sequels right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYGRL_JKS2006 View Post
Hey girl ! All caught up.. i've been insanely busy...got laid off at my job I know that isnt a good thing but I HATED it there so much! It honestly did me a favor but in the same time made me unemployed.. the closest thing to getting a travel agent job i've come to is I interviewed for a Cruise Consultant job which also sells Disney Cruise Lines, so I will probably get that job, I had a good interview.. now the person who owns the company wants me to "watch" or "shadow" one day--which is great! So ahh..so much .. !

As for the DCL I believe you are on the Wonder.. my family in fact just was on that until this past Thurs. August 20... its not their fave either. We love the Magic and esp. the Eastern cruise. I couldn't agree with you more not wanting to get off at Nassua .. NOO thank you lol.. its not the best place except for that waterpark as you mentioned, I have no interest in visiting there either!

So hey just wondering do you at AAA as a travel agent book cruises? and are you having to meet goals/quotas and sales? thats what the cruise consultant position is.. so far from what I know I will get hourly PLUS a pull from commission I think... its a little confusing but ill find out more information next week..

Sorry to hear you got laid off but YAY for the cruise consultant job! Yes, we do have quotas and sales goals to make. Basically, we need to do at least 10 bookings a month (which is easy in the busy months...not so much in the slow months) and our commission intake has to equal at least 40% of our base salary. So say base is $30,000; you have to be bringing in at least $12,000 in commission to the company. We get a percentage of that commission. Make sense? If we don't meet these things for 3 months out of a rolling year, we get put on probation. Luckily, that hasn't happened yet! I only had a bad month in January. September will probably be another but I have an excuse as I'll be on vacation for the last two weeks of it!

I'm sure I'll love the Wonder but I'm not all that jazzed about being in Nassau. If it wasn't a Disney cruise, I wouldn't have even bothered!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: