Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 11:13 AM   #406
karentan
my main job for tomorrow is to give cerby a bath, and make a cheesecake
 
karentan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: essex, UK
Posts: 7,141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
I'm sure you know this being Ms. Travel Agent and all but you can board the ship before the actual boarding time.
huh??!! how?!!! (sorry i'm being nosy!!)
__________________
Karen x

24/9/13-2/10/13 Solo trip! 8 nights ASMo + DDP!! 22/2/13-1/3/13 7 nights POP!! 19/1/13-26/1/13 2 nights POP, 3 nights POR, 2 nights Poly!! 8/9/12-22/9/12 - 3 nights Edenton NC, 7 nights SSR, 3 nights WL club level and DDP!! 5/5/12-12/5/12 - 7 nights last minute trip at Celebration Suites!! 10/9/11-29/9/11 - Disney Magic WBTA, WDW, Edenton, NC!! 5/6/10-12/6/10 - Barcelona to Dover 7 night Disney Magic repo!! 12/9/09-28/9/09 - SSR, AKV, DDP, MNSSHP, 3 nights Disney Wonder!! 4/11/08-25/11/08 - AKL club level, Disney Wonder, villa!! 11/05 - disney fairy tale wedding and honeymoon!! 11/02 - disneyland resort, 05/99 - disneyland resort paris, 7/98 - WDW family trip, 11/92 - WDW family trip, 11/91 - WDW family trip


karentan is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #407
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,745

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
SO EXCITED FOR CRUISE DAY!!

Jenny: this trip is going to be amazing. As a Castaway Cay member (DCL has all of my money and my soul, ) I recommend simply NOT having plans on the cruise and just relax. Make sure you do the fun classes, soak up every minute of the Animator's Palate, and spend your time lying by the adult pool.

I'm sure you know this being Ms. Travel Agent and all but you can board the ship before the actual boarding time.
I plan on relaxing! I don't have anything super planned. On Nassau Day we're going to go to Atlantis and Castaway Cay, we have the snorkel rentals. I'm looking forward to just hanging by the pool. I don't know about the adult pool though. I like to be in the middle of everything.

Nope, I didn't know that! How?

LOL at Karen!
__________________
Me DBf Kris Mitzu
August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #408
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,745

Day 6

Disney Day 6

So on this day we'll be docking at Nassau, Bahamas. I've been there before and to be honest, I don't really care for it. Too many people trying to sell you things (including drugs). I was debating on staying on the ship this day but the waterpark at Atlantis was in the back of my mind. I refused to pay the price Disney was asking ($160 per person! ) but then I found out my cruisemate Mary booked a room at Comfort Suites, across the way from Atlantis. Comfort Suites lets you check in, get a wristband for Atlantis, and then check out all in the same transaction! Doing this was way less expensive than Disney's option so it's off to Atlantis we go! I can't wait to see what it's like, I've only seen it from afar. I hear the waterpark is amazing and I love aquariums so I can't wait to check that out as well. Should be fun!


Universal has emailed me the "official" itinerary for my fam. Pretty neat because we get to see Blue Man Group, there is a "social gathering" at Rising Star (the karaoke bar!), we get to eat at Pastamore which I wanted to try last time but it was closed. Everyday starts at 8 am and ends at 9 pm so they're keeping us busy, busy, busy! I'm really looking forward to that as well.

But not as much as Disney.

33 days to go!
__________________
Me DBf Kris Mitzu
August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 04:37 PM   #409
karentan
my main job for tomorrow is to give cerby a bath, and make a cheesecake
 
karentan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: essex, UK
Posts: 7,141

8am to 9pm? thats a LONG day!! you'll need the holiday after that!!
__________________
Karen x

24/9/13-2/10/13 Solo trip! 8 nights ASMo + DDP!! 22/2/13-1/3/13 7 nights POP!! 19/1/13-26/1/13 2 nights POP, 3 nights POR, 2 nights Poly!! 8/9/12-22/9/12 - 3 nights Edenton NC, 7 nights SSR, 3 nights WL club level and DDP!! 5/5/12-12/5/12 - 7 nights last minute trip at Celebration Suites!! 10/9/11-29/9/11 - Disney Magic WBTA, WDW, Edenton, NC!! 5/6/10-12/6/10 - Barcelona to Dover 7 night Disney Magic repo!! 12/9/09-28/9/09 - SSR, AKV, DDP, MNSSHP, 3 nights Disney Wonder!! 4/11/08-25/11/08 - AKL club level, Disney Wonder, villa!! 11/05 - disney fairy tale wedding and honeymoon!! 11/02 - disneyland resort, 05/99 - disneyland resort paris, 7/98 - WDW family trip, 11/92 - WDW family trip, 11/91 - WDW family trip


karentan is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 04:41 PM   #410
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,745

Quote:
Originally Posted by karentan View Post
8am to 9pm? thats a LONG day!! you'll need the holiday after that!!
Yup! The two co-workers going with me want to go to CityWalk and party all night. No way! I'll go to Rising Star the night that it's in the itinerary but that's it. I'm saving my partying up for my REAL vacation.
__________________
Me DBf Kris Mitzu
August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #411
karentan
my main job for tomorrow is to give cerby a bath, and make a cheesecake
 
karentan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: essex, UK
Posts: 7,141

ohanas, jellyrolls, and a cruise..........

saving the partying for later may be a good idea......
__________________
Karen x

24/9/13-2/10/13 Solo trip! 8 nights ASMo + DDP!! 22/2/13-1/3/13 7 nights POP!! 19/1/13-26/1/13 2 nights POP, 3 nights POR, 2 nights Poly!! 8/9/12-22/9/12 - 3 nights Edenton NC, 7 nights SSR, 3 nights WL club level and DDP!! 5/5/12-12/5/12 - 7 nights last minute trip at Celebration Suites!! 10/9/11-29/9/11 - Disney Magic WBTA, WDW, Edenton, NC!! 5/6/10-12/6/10 - Barcelona to Dover 7 night Disney Magic repo!! 12/9/09-28/9/09 - SSR, AKV, DDP, MNSSHP, 3 nights Disney Wonder!! 4/11/08-25/11/08 - AKL club level, Disney Wonder, villa!! 11/05 - disney fairy tale wedding and honeymoon!! 11/02 - disneyland resort, 05/99 - disneyland resort paris, 7/98 - WDW family trip, 11/92 - WDW family trip, 11/91 - WDW family trip


karentan is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 04:46 PM   #412
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,745

Quote:
Originally Posted by karentan View Post
ohanas, jellyrolls, and a cruise..........

saving the partying for later may be a good idea......
Exactly. Work is reimbursing us for everything except alcohol. I wasn't planning on going and blowing through money on the Universal fam. I'm saving it all up to cut loose on the cruise. Goombay Smash anyone?
__________________
Me DBf Kris Mitzu
August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #413
karentan
my main job for tomorrow is to give cerby a bath, and make a cheesecake
 
karentan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: essex, UK
Posts: 7,141

hic! :
__________________
Karen x

24/9/13-2/10/13 Solo trip! 8 nights ASMo + DDP!! 22/2/13-1/3/13 7 nights POP!! 19/1/13-26/1/13 2 nights POP, 3 nights POR, 2 nights Poly!! 8/9/12-22/9/12 - 3 nights Edenton NC, 7 nights SSR, 3 nights WL club level and DDP!! 5/5/12-12/5/12 - 7 nights last minute trip at Celebration Suites!! 10/9/11-29/9/11 - Disney Magic WBTA, WDW, Edenton, NC!! 5/6/10-12/6/10 - Barcelona to Dover 7 night Disney Magic repo!! 12/9/09-28/9/09 - SSR, AKV, DDP, MNSSHP, 3 nights Disney Wonder!! 4/11/08-25/11/08 - AKL club level, Disney Wonder, villa!! 11/05 - disney fairy tale wedding and honeymoon!! 11/02 - disneyland resort, 05/99 - disneyland resort paris, 7/98 - WDW family trip, 11/92 - WDW family trip, 11/91 - WDW family trip


karentan is offline  
Old 08-18-2009, 05:06 PM   #414
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there
 
Lynn5700's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,023

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Disney Day 6

So on this day we'll be docking at Nassau, Bahamas. I've been there before and to be honest, I don't really care for it. Too many people trying to sell you things (including drugs). I was debating on staying on the ship this day but the waterpark at Atlantis was in the back of my mind. I refused to pay the price Disney was asking ($160 per person! ) but then I found out my cruisemate Mary booked a room at Comfort Suites, across the way from Atlantis. Comfort Suites lets you check in, get a wristband for Atlantis, and then check out all in the same transaction! Doing this was way less expensive than Disney's option so it's off to Atlantis we go! I can't wait to see what it's like, I've only seen it from afar. I hear the waterpark is amazing and I love aquariums so I can't wait to check that out as well. Should be fun!


Universal has emailed me the "official" itinerary for my fam. Pretty neat because we get to see Blue Man Group, there is a "social gathering" at Rising Star (the karaoke bar!), we get to eat at Pastamore which I wanted to try last time but it was closed. Everyday starts at 8 am and ends at 9 pm so they're keeping us busy, busy, busy! I'm really looking forward to that as well.

But not as much as Disney.

33 days to go!
Jenny you are going to love Atlantis!!! It is beautiful!!!!!

Universal sounds like it will be a lot of fun!! Good for you!
Lynn5700 is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 07:27 AM   #415
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.
 
Rora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,911

Quote:
Originally Posted by karentan View Post
huh??!! how?!!! (sorry i'm being nosy!!)
I've been on a Disney Cruise 3 times and all 3 times we get there at by 11. Typically, they board earlier than they say they will in order to control crazy crowds/lines that would happen if everyone showed up at once.

My future MIL said that the time she tried to board earlier, they wouldn't let her but she was first in line to actually board and was one of the "special families" on board the first day.

Jenny: Your plan for Day 6 is great!! We rarely get off the boat (nice to enjoy some alone pool time and have the ship to ourselves) but I'd give anything to go to Atlantis!! We weren't willing to pay the Disney price either .
__________________
Me-Rory, 24 and DH-Jackson, 25
Rora is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 08:46 AM   #416
crocko
DVC Member
 
crocko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 1,084

Atlantis! Great thinking.

Definitely excited to see your pics from there
__________________
Disney Hotels we've stayed at:
Caribbean Beach (2001)
All-Star Movies (2002)
Saratoga Springs (2008, 2011)
Animal Kingdom Lodge (2009)
Old Key West (2009)
Beach Club (2010, 2011)
Wilderness Lodge (2011)
crocko is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 09:16 AM   #417
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,745

Quote:
Originally Posted by karentan View Post
hic! :


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
Jenny you are going to love Atlantis!!! It is beautiful!!!!!

Universal sounds like it will be a lot of fun!! Good for you!
I can't wait for these trips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
I've been on a Disney Cruise 3 times and all 3 times we get there at by 11. Typically, they board earlier than they say they will in order to control crazy crowds/lines that would happen if everyone showed up at once.

My future MIL said that the time she tried to board earlier, they wouldn't let her but she was first in line to actually board and was one of the "special families" on board the first day.

Jenny: Your plan for Day 6 is great!! We rarely get off the boat (nice to enjoy some alone pool time and have the ship to ourselves) but I'd give anything to go to Atlantis!! We weren't willing to pay the Disney price either .
Well, I hope we can board early! That'd be great. I want to spend as much time on the ship as possible.

The Disney price is INSANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crocko View Post
Atlantis! Great thinking.

Definitely excited to see your pics from there
I'll be taking lots. The only picture I have of Atlantis is from afar from the top deck of our ship. That was also almost 4 years ago!
__________________
Me DBf Kris Mitzu
August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 08-19-2009, 03:28 PM   #418
Sarah84
DIS Veteran
 
Sarah84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,422

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Disney Day 6

So on this day we'll be docking at Nassau, Bahamas. I've been there before and to be honest, I don't really care for it. Too many people trying to sell you things (including drugs). I was debating on staying on the ship this day but the waterpark at Atlantis was in the back of my mind. I refused to pay the price Disney was asking ($160 per person! ) but then I found out my cruisemate Mary booked a room at Comfort Suites, across the way from Atlantis. Comfort Suites lets you check in, get a wristband for Atlantis, and then check out all in the same transaction! Doing this was way less expensive than Disney's option so it's off to Atlantis we go! I can't wait to see what it's like, I've only seen it from afar. I hear the waterpark is amazing and I love aquariums so I can't wait to check that out as well. Should be fun!


Universal has emailed me the "official" itinerary for my fam. Pretty neat because we get to see Blue Man Group, there is a "social gathering" at Rising Star (the karaoke bar!), we get to eat at Pastamore which I wanted to try last time but it was closed. Everyday starts at 8 am and ends at 9 pm so they're keeping us busy, busy, busy! I'm really looking forward to that as well.

But not as much as Disney.

33 days to go!
Sounds like a great day, I went to the Bahamas a few years back (almost 4 now) and i agree about the people trying to sell you everything, it was quite ofputting but apart fromt hat I loved it. We actually stayed at the Atlantis and wow i couldn't get over the size of it, it's fantastic and had some nice restuarants, when we were there they were actually building more of it so i guess it's even bigger now but I hope you enjoy your day there
__________________
Sep 2005: Disney World & Bahamas Oct 2007: Mexico & Miami Dec 2008: Disneyland Paris
Sep 2009: Disneyland California/Las Vegas/San Diego/Hollywood -Engaged at DL
June 2010: New York Sep 2010: Cyprus Feb 2011: Las Vegas
April 2012: Disney World wedding & Mexico honeymoon
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Sarah84 is offline  
Old 08-20-2009, 10:33 AM   #419
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,745

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Sounds like a great day, I went to the Bahamas a few years back (almost 4 now) and i agree about the people trying to sell you everything, it was quite ofputting but apart fromt hat I loved it. We actually stayed at the Atlantis and wow i couldn't get over the size of it, it's fantastic and had some nice restuarants, when we were there they were actually building more of it so i guess it's even bigger now but I hope you enjoy your day there
You stayed at Atlantis? Wow, lucky! It looks like a gorgeous place and I'm really looking forward to seeing it up close. I felt like I had to watch my back in the Bahamas. I've been to Bermuda and didn't feel that way at all. I'm just not a fan of Nassau.
__________________
Me DBf Kris Mitzu
August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
Old 08-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #420
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,745

Beach club!

Hi, my name is Jen and I'm a resort switch-aholic. I switched the post cruise part of my stay AGAIN. I was browsing on the Disney TA website and saw that I could get BCV for the same price I was paying for AKV. Hmmmm...Joe's always wanted to stay at Y&BC. I love the Boardwalk area and really want to check out Stormalong Bay. Plus, we're planning on going to F&WF so why not stay within walking distance of Epcot? Makes sense right?

If I had a Savanna view room at AKV, I would have thought twice about it but I didn't so...no biggie! If it's possible, I'm even more excited now.
__________________
Me DBf Kris Mitzu
August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: