Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #301
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rora View Post
You need to get a hidden camera and put it somewhere on you so even if they won't let you take pictures, you'll be sneaky and still get them!!
I need to get one of those tiny video cameras and attach it to my shirt or something!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 07-24-2009, 01:31 PM   #302
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

OOOH you have to sneak off and get some pictures!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2009, 01:43 PM   #303
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
OOOH you have to sneak off and get some pictures!!!
I'll try! I was there in November and saw a little of what was done but it didn't look like much. I'm hoping things look a little more like Hogwarts by now!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 07-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #304
DSNYGRL_JKS2006
Mouseketeer

Hey girl, its the crazy travel girl!! Sorry

I love your PTR and omg its almost 1 month until you get to go.. I can't believe how close my bf's and I trip is!! October!!!

Sorry I am so late jumping into your thread, I have read it all up until now but never posted: *The Wildnerness Lodge* I can't sell that place enough, theres not enough words to decribe how wonderful and great the resort is.

That by far is my favorite resort, in fact last July 2008, my boyfriend and I stayed there... OMG SO romantic!!! It was for his 21st bday.. we couldn't afford the "courtyard view" of the pool and everything, so I called them for the next best thing.. believe it or not you can actually get a view from your hotel/porch to see the contemporary and the castle .. its kinda through the trees but still an AWESOME and cool kept secret.. we were on the 6th floor (the highest floor) and had a wonderful view of Wishes fireworks and saw the monorail coming out of the Contemp. pretty neat.. but it was so nice because I called up explaning it was his bday and they gave us that view.. room was also immediately available upon arrival too!!! sooo awesome!

But anyways--I fell in love w/ this resort going here as a kid growing up and then eventually when my parents got the DVC we stayed at the villas.. another amazing part of WL!

I love that place so much.. that the first night I arrived in Orlando.. for the Disney College Program.. I had my car.. so after unpacking in my apartment I drove over to WL and had dinner LOL!! by myself.. haha..

Theres not enough to say about that place.. and its def. my boyfriends and I's favorite resort next to the Animal Kingdom Lodge..(its very similiar too in some ways.. thats why I think we love it because of the connection the 2 have)..

But all in all.. WL awesome.. mainly because its def. romantic and great for couples! It was so hard going there when I did the college program because couldnt stand how romantic it was and how bad I wanted to find *MY* prince charming.. well all my dreams came true.. after I finished the college program from May 2006-August 2006,I returned home and met my wonderful boyfriend and future husband. and it will be our 3 years anniver. October 22, 2009!

sorry for the long-winded message!!
Old 07-26-2009, 12:35 PM   #305
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNYGRL_JKS2006 View Post
Hey girl, its the crazy travel girl!! Sorry

I love your PTR and omg its almost 1 month until you get to go.. I can't believe how close my bf's and I trip is!! October!!!

Sorry I am so late jumping into your thread, I have read it all up until now but never posted: *The Wildnerness Lodge* I can't sell that place enough, theres not enough words to decribe how wonderful and great the resort is.

That by far is my favorite resort, in fact last July 2008, my boyfriend and I stayed there... OMG SO romantic!!! It was for his 21st bday.. we couldn't afford the "courtyard view" of the pool and everything, so I called them for the next best thing.. believe it or not you can actually get a view from your hotel/porch to see the contemporary and the castle .. its kinda through the trees but still an AWESOME and cool kept secret.. we were on the 6th floor (the highest floor) and had a wonderful view of Wishes fireworks and saw the monorail coming out of the Contemp. pretty neat.. but it was so nice because I called up explaning it was his bday and they gave us that view.. room was also immediately available upon arrival too!!! sooo awesome!

But anyways--I fell in love w/ this resort going here as a kid growing up and then eventually when my parents got the DVC we stayed at the villas.. another amazing part of WL!

I love that place so much.. that the first night I arrived in Orlando.. for the Disney College Program.. I had my car.. so after unpacking in my apartment I drove over to WL and had dinner LOL!! by myself.. haha..

Theres not enough to say about that place.. and its def. my boyfriends and I's favorite resort next to the Animal Kingdom Lodge..(its very similiar too in some ways.. thats why I think we love it because of the connection the 2 have)..

But all in all.. WL awesome.. mainly because its def. romantic and great for couples! It was so hard going there when I did the college program because couldnt stand how romantic it was and how bad I wanted to find *MY* prince charming.. well all my dreams came true.. after I finished the college program from May 2006-August 2006,I returned home and met my wonderful boyfriend and future husband. and it will be our 3 years anniver. October 22, 2009!

sorry for the long-winded message!!

Hey girl! Welcome to my PTR!

I absolutely fell in love with WL as soon as I saw the pictures of it. From what everyone has said about it, I'm SO glad I picked it. I love the decor of the lobby and the pool area looks beautiful. I've heard nothing but good things about WCC (we have a breakfast ADR there the morning of the cruise! ). I love that it's right on the lake so we can take the water taxi over to MK. I prefer that over the buses even though it may take a little longer. And we have a sea raycer voucher that I definitely want to use at that resort! We've never rented one of those before so it should be interesting. Hope I don't go overboard.

I have to call up and request inner courtyard view. I've heard that some of them are views of the villas. I wouldn't mind that but I just like the pool area a lot and would like to have a room overlooking that.

Didn't the same guy who designed WL design AKL? I guess I picked the two resorts that are everyone's favorites! LOL.

I can't wait!

Are you and your boyfriend going to Disney for your 3 year anniversary?

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 07-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #306
DSNYGRL_JKS2006
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Hey girl! Welcome to my PTR!

I absolutely fell in love with WL as soon as I saw the pictures of it. From what everyone has said about it, I'm SO glad I picked it. I love the decor of the lobby and the pool area looks beautiful. I've heard nothing but good things about WCC (we have a breakfast ADR there the morning of the cruise! ). I love that it's right on the lake so we can take the water taxi over to MK. I prefer that over the buses even though it may take a little longer. And we have a sea raycer voucher that I definitely want to use at that resort! We've never rented one of those before so it should be interesting. Hope I don't go overboard.

I have to call up and request inner courtyard view. I've heard that some of them are views of the villas. I wouldn't mind that but I just like the pool area a lot and would like to have a room overlooking that.

Didn't the same guy who designed WL design AKL? I guess I picked the two resorts that are everyone's favorites! LOL.

I can't wait!

Are you and your boyfriend going to Disney for your 3 year anniversary?

Hey!! Yes thats one of the "What will you be celebrating" lol celebrations that are going on for our stay *October 29-November 5, 2009*
Our 3 year anniversary is October 22, 2009, so thats close enough haha about7 days--so we will be celebrating it down there!
Also-October 31(Halloween) is my 24th birthday!! LOL
This is our 3rd Disney trip together--our first trip was Sept. 2007-All Star's..our 2nd trip was July 2008 Wildnerness Lodge and now our 3rd trip(so far Port Orleans French Quarter-but most likely we'll have to downgrade because of $$ to All Stars-no biggie I love it there too!)
hmm and ohhh yesss.....I hope this is when hes popping the question hehe.. I know its coming I just dont know when.. it might not happen for $$ reasons(this October) etc. We already talked about our date.. 12/22/12(Saturday too!)... because 22 is for our anniver. we thought it would be so romantic to have a XMAS time wedding, we would get married on Sat. 12/22 and we would remain home for XMAS and New Years and do our DisneyMoon in January 2013, right after New Years! we thought that was a great idea...

I am also a certified wedding planner and so let me tell you I have all my plans already.. for example we will do a XMAS tree for where people will bring their gifts and place them under.. on that xmas tree it will be mainly Disney themed along with firefighting theme as well! I'm still trying to think of something for our "card" box.. so yeah thats just PART of all my plans hehe well our plans...

But OMG i am sooooo excited.. and really its closer than we think.. when we started planning LAST July LOL right after our trip we thought "OMG its gonna take forever to get to next October 2009.." now its like 2 months away.. and I almost want a TAD more time because I need more $$ haha!
Old 07-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #307
DSNYGRL_JKS2006
Mouseketeer

LOL I gotta stop writing long posts sorry about that hehe!

I wanted to comment on the Vera Bradley bag--awesome idea.. I LOVE Vera Bradley and I am going to get myself a new piece soon! The best part is they are SO much more affordable then any other designer bag and honestly so much nicer!!!!

Here are my favorites(colors):
-Bali Gold

-Cupcakes Pink

-Raspberry Fizz

-Java Blue

My favorite bag type is:
#1 *ON THE GO*

ALSO the hipster idea you have is great.. heres the regular hipster:

Heres the mini-hipster I found:

All this Vera Bradley thinking makes me want to do a huge Vera shopping trip... not until payday.. haha.

Last edited by DSNYGRL_JKS2006; 07-26-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:52 AM   #308
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey!! Yes thats one of the "What will you be celebrating" lol celebrations that are going on for our stay *October 29-November 5, 2009*
Our 3 year anniversary is October 22, 2009, so thats close enough haha about7 days--so we will be celebrating it down there!
Also-October 31(Halloween) is my 24th birthday!! LOL
This is our 3rd Disney trip together--our first trip was Sept. 2007-All Star's..our 2nd trip was July 2008 Wildnerness Lodge and now our 3rd trip(so far Port Orleans French Quarter-but most likely we'll have to downgrade because of $$ to All Stars-no biggie I love it there too!)
hmm and ohhh yesss.....I hope this is when hes popping the question hehe.. I know its coming I just dont know when.. it might not happen for $$ reasons(this October) etc. We already talked about our date.. 12/22/12(Saturday too!)... because 22 is for our anniver. we thought it would be so romantic to have a XMAS time wedding, we would get married on Sat. 12/22 and we would remain home for XMAS and New Years and do our DisneyMoon in January 2013, right after New Years! we thought that was a great idea...

I am also a certified wedding planner and so let me tell you I have all my plans already.. for example we will do a XMAS tree for where people will bring their gifts and place them under.. on that xmas tree it will be mainly Disney themed along with firefighting theme as well! I'm still trying to think of something for our "card" box.. so yeah thats just PART of all my plans hehe well our plans...

But OMG i am sooooo excited.. and really its closer than we think.. when we started planning LAST July LOL right after our trip we thought "OMG its gonna take forever to get to next October 2009.." now its like 2 months away.. and I almost want a TAD more time because I need more $$ haha!
Awesome! My birthday is October 5th. Our trip is right before it. I wanted to go on my birthday but since we wanted to do DCL, it didn't really work out that way. Oh well. I'll celebrate a couple weeks early.

I love the idea you have for your wedding! The christmas tree/wedding gift idea is great! I'm going to have to hire you when (and if lol) I get married. Did you ever try to get a job doing that?

I know what you mean about the trip just creeping up on you. I booked in Sept of 08 and can't believe it is now less than 2 months away!

I think I'm going to purchase the mini-hipster today! The one I saw is in Riveria Blue. It's discounted because I guess it's a "retired" color. I'll post it later!

I read your PM. I'm waiting to answer til I get home because my resume is on that computer. I'm on my work computer at the moment!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 07-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #309
DSNYGRL_JKS2006
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Awesome! My birthday is October 5th. Our trip is right before it. I wanted to go on my birthday but since we wanted to do DCL, it didn't really work out that way. Oh well. I'll celebrate a couple weeks early.

I love the idea you have for your wedding! The christmas tree/wedding gift idea is great! I'm going to have to hire you when (and if lol) I get married. Did you ever try to get a job doing that?

I know what you mean about the trip just creeping up on you. I booked in Sept of 08 and can't believe it is now less than 2 months away!

I think I'm going to purchase the mini-hipster today! The one I saw is in Riveria Blue. It's discounted because I guess it's a "retired" color. I'll post it later!

I read your PM. I'm waiting to answer til I get home because my resume is on that computer. I'm on my work computer at the moment!
Hey!! Ha were both at work right now.. except I'd rather be where YOU are haha I would so LOVE to help you with your wedding when you get married, just let me know! OMG girl i've tried everything to do with weddings in my area, its soo hard.. when I took the Wedding Planner Certification course it was EXCELLENT! They advised if we wanted to start on our OWN work for ourselves, it would literally cost $6,000 to start a business-thats only a start-up amount! That would be do-able if I didn't have school loans,car loans etc! But I would LOVE to do Weddings for a living.. my goal is IF me and my boyfriend can ever afford to move to Orlando/Disney.. I would love to work for the Wedding Pavillion at the Grand Flo', having my wedding certificatino would be GREAT for me to get in ALSO because I am a past cast member and I am elidgible for rehire. So thats an option!

I REALLY appreciate you sending me that later, I'll check my messages tonight.. like I said if its easier to send it to my email you can : WeddingGirLKatie@yahoo.com

Thanks! Have a great rest of the day at work.. ill be floating on here til I get out at 4pm.. lalala
Old 07-27-2009, 11:06 AM   #310
DSNYGRL_JKS2006
Mouseketeer

[/COLOR][/COLOR]
Quote:
Awesome! Can't wait to see .. now do you purchase through the Vera Bradley website or in person.. its nice I know of 2 stores near me that sell them.. a nice collection of them too!! I got some of my pieces from those stores...
Old 07-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #311
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey!! Ha were both at work right now.. except I'd rather be where YOU are haha I would so LOVE to help you with your wedding when you get married, just let me know! OMG girl i've tried everything to do with weddings in my area, its soo hard.. when I took the Wedding Planner Certification course it was EXCELLENT! They advised if we wanted to start on our OWN work for ourselves, it would literally cost $6,000 to start a business-thats only a start-up amount! That would be do-able if I didn't have school loans,car loans etc! But I would LOVE to do Weddings for a living.. my goal is IF me and my boyfriend can ever afford to move to Orlando/Disney.. I would love to work for the Wedding Pavillion at the Grand Flo', having my wedding certificatino would be GREAT for me to get in ALSO because I am a past cast member and I am elidgible for rehire. So thats an option!

I REALLY appreciate you sending me that later, I'll check my messages tonight.. like I said if its easier to send it to my email you can : WeddingGirLKatie@yahoo.com

Thanks! Have a great rest of the day at work.. ill be floating on here til I get out at 4pm.. lalala

This is how I kill my down time at work. They can't say it's not work related! LOL.

That'd be AWESOME if you got a job at the Wedding Pavillion. You'd be in your glory. I eventually want to move to Florida too someday but I don't have the funds right now. Plus the job market down there is terrible.

I get my Vera Bradley bags right off the site. They are having a sale right now. I can get the mini hipster for under $25!

I will definitely send you the resume later on tonight!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 07-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #312
Rora
I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn fruit-hating Ballerina
I just eat it. I bite into it.

JENNY!! Mini-hipster on sale today only for $18!!

http://www.verabradley.com/Site/Stor...&sku=10334%3a8
Hope this wasn't already posted!
Old 07-27-2009, 01:12 PM   #313
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You are the BEST!!!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 07-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #314
DSNYGRL_JKS2006
Mouseketeer

Quote:

OMG Rora I just got a beep on my phone that tells me I have an email and it was from the Vera Bradley website yes I signed u for Vera updates LOL 60% OFF like you said about $18!! It was so funny because we were just talking about that Jenny about how you are going to order one today! GREAT TIMING!!
Old 07-27-2009, 03:12 PM   #315
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG Rora I just got a beep on my phone that tells me I have an email and it was from the Vera Bradley website yes I signed u for Vera updates LOL 60% OFF like you said about $18!! It was so funny because we were just talking about that Jenny about how you are going to order one today! GREAT TIMING!!
I got one!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: