Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #1
BlackPearl695
Mouseketeer

Unhappy Should I feel guilty?

Ok, we went to WDW for our first time EVER Dec 27-Jan 2 2008. The kids DS 8, DS 9, DS 17, DH, DMIL, DFIL, and me. We had such a wonderful time. As soon as we got home I started planning our next WDW vacation. DS, now 18, is away at college so I knew he would not be included in our plans. He was offered the opportunity and politely declined. DH was absolutely against the idea of going again. He wanted to do something else, so I took DH and DS 18 to AZ and CA for a week vacation over the summer. I did however, go ahead with my plans for another WDW vacation. Since DH didn't want to go, I invited my DM. She has never been to WDW! Ten months later, everything is paid for, airline tickets have been purchased, DDP is set and ADRs made, MVMCP tix ordered along with pre-order of photo CD, sleigh ride, BD cake (for me) and BBB ressies. I am now putting together welcome baskets for the kids to be delivered to our room when we arrive.

NOW, DH is sulking and pouting because he will not be with me on my BD. I'm getting the "no-no, you go and have a good time with the kids." I feel so guilty because we can't afford to make changes to our reservations to accommodate the dining, the room, the plane, etc. I wish he was going, but what can I do? Next time I know better. No matter what he says, he's going!
January 2014 ~4th trip to WDW - Coronado Springs
July 2014 ~5th trip to WDW - All Star Sports
November 2014 ~6th trip to WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 10-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #2
Pryncesa
Mouseketeer

I think your last sentence sums it up well. Next time, just plan for him to go even if he says he doesn't want to. But, as far as feeling guilty, I don't think you should. Now, whether you will feel guilty is an entirely different question. But, you did extend the invitation to go, so I don't think you should feel guilty or be made to feel guilty.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
Indiana Rose Lee
Baby Factory Extraordinaire! ;)

Why can't you take him?
Old 10-05-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
Indiana Rose Lee

I'd skip the welcome baskets and buy another ticket.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:53 PM   #5
BlackPearl695
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Rose Lee View Post
I'd skip the welcome baskets and buy another ticket.
Thanks for the input, but it would involve more than just a ticket. There would be 5 of us rather than 4 so we would have to change our resort, we would need another plane ticket and we have the free dining plan which would have to be altered for an additional person. Not to mention, we have sleigh ride reservations, BBB ressies and tickets for MVMCP. Everything would have to be overhauled and there is just too much money involved in that that wasn't in the budget.

I do feel guilty because I really wanted him to go. He's not pouting quite as much now. I decided that since this years planning was pretty much complete, that now would be a good time to start talking about next year. We have already decided on a week for our trip and the wheels are now turning in his head. We have 60 days until our vacation, so I'm pretty certain I can fill that time with some good discussions. It just seems odd that I'm planning my next vacation before I've taken this one.
January 2014 ~4th trip to WDW - Coronado Springs
July 2014 ~5th trip to WDW - All Star Sports
November 2014 ~6th trip to WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 10-12-2009, 06:20 AM   #6
Indiana Rose Lee

I'd still ditch that stuff to have the family together.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: