Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
anabelle
Did I say that out loud?

Anyone gone to the Disney Homeschool Days?

It looks like the free dining rumor is running strong. So might be able to swing a trip after all. I know there are usually two homeschool days, the one in January and one in September. Anyone ever gone? Is it more for little kids. I have teens
anabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:04 AM   #2
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

We've not been....but I wanted to. Seems like it wasn't during our dates though (Sept 26th thru October 4th). I just checked and don't see the dates this year, yet....but again, seems like it was earlier in Sept maybe? I kind of did a quick search and saw the dates Sept 13th -19th come up.....for last year. So probably around the same time this year? The week we go (end of Sept) is when food and wine festival starts.

http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go.c...amOverviewPage

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #3
arielmomma
DIS Veteran

I know that they did it in January but I did not know about September. If anyone gets any information please post it. We will be there 9/18-9/27 and would be interested in checking it out. My son is just finishing kindergarten this year and I am always looking into new homeschool activities - I would love to make WDW part of that.

DH Me DS10ickeybar: DD7
arielmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
liv luvs disney
DIS Veteran

Disney home school days are September 21-22 this year. Obviously, the January dates are not available yet. They JUST released September's dates last week. I have never been to hs days, but I am this year with FREE FOOD!
liv luvs disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:20 AM   #5
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

We did it last year on Sept. 15-16th. It was a nice program at AK that time (it changes each Jan./Sept.) and we had to take a day to do the HS tables and then come back the following day to tour AK. The ticket prices were AMAZING, btw.
Twoboysnmygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #6
arielmomma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
We did it last year on Sept. 15-16th. It was a nice program at AK that time (it changes each Jan./Sept.) and we had to take a day to do the HS tables and then come back the following day to tour AK. The ticket prices were AMAZING, btw.
Do you know how much the tickets are for this year? Is it primarily aimed at older kids or is there something for the little ones?

DH Me DS10ickeybar: DD7
arielmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #7
disney_family_1247
Mouseketeer

subscribing
disney_family_1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #8
anabelle
Did I say that out loud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv luvs disney View Post
Disney home school days are September 21-22 this year. Obviously, the January dates are not available yet. They JUST released September's dates last week. I have never been to hs days, but I am this year with FREE FOOD!

I do not see the dates on the Disney Homeschool days webpage. I booked the week of Sept. 12th-19th. Where did you see the dates?
Old 03-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #9
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

I do not know this year's prices b/c we aren't going this year (FIL is retired military and those tickets are even cheaper) but last year they were $156 and some change for 5 day waterpark/disneyquest/HOPPERS! Totally worth it!

They had little tables set up in different areas of the park where they did little educational things with the kids. We had a good time!

I'm surprised that someone said it was at the end of Sept this year? They usually do it the 2nd Monday and Tuesday of the month.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

Here is the site: http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go.c...amOverviewPage

I don't see any dates either, it says "We are currently planning the next Disney Homeschool Days. Stay tuned for more information. If you would like to be the first to know the event's details, please let us know. "
Old 03-27-2009, 02:08 PM   #11
anabelle
Did I say that out loud?

I found it
It reads

Disney Homeschool Days invites your homeschoolers to discover the magic of learning! Join us September 21 and 22 for a trip around the "World" with Disney Homeschool Days at Epcot®. You will be inspired with a special guest speaker series and will encounter eye-opening experiences around every corner through self-guided education materials

I changed my ressie and am soooo excited. I thought there was no way we could go this year. Room, food and tickets for less than half the cost.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:17 PM   #12
NiniMorris
DIS Veteran

Anabelle,

Can you give me the link for that info? I'm obviously challenged tonight!

Nini
NiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:37 PM   #13
anabelle
Did I say that out loud?

Sorry I found it

http://disneyyouthgroups.disney.go.c...nfoListingPage

It is not on the front page.

Last edited by anabelle; 03-27-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #14
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Yay, a thread specifically about the Sept. 21-22 homeschool days! Oh and yes, those are the dates I received directly from Disney yesterday when I emailed them asking for more info about Homeschool Days and the YES program.

I have asked my wonderful TA to change our dates to Sept. 12-26 to cover the homeschool days dates - our trip will still end up being only 7-8 nights during that time period, but at least we'll hopefully have free dining booked!

I've googled the last homeschool days in January, looking for info and pricing, but I didn't get the best results.

I wonder if this is even an option for us? We have a package booked already (room, tickets and free dining will be booked on Monday ) - how would my TA get us the homeschool park passes instead of the MYW passes?

Questions, questions
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
lisalonglash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #15
anabelle
Did I say that out loud?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
Yay, a thread specifically about the Sept. 21-22 homeschool days! Oh and yes, those are the dates I received directly from Disney yesterday when I emailed them asking for more info about Homeschool Days and the YES program.

I have asked my wonderful TA to change our dates to Sept. 12-26 to cover the homeschool days dates - our trip will still end up being only 7-8 nights during that time period, but at least we'll hopefully have free dining booked!

I've googled the last homeschool days in January, looking for info and pricing, but I didn't get the best results.

I wonder if this is even an option for us? We have a package booked already (room, tickets and free dining will be booked on Monday ) - how would my TA get us the homeschool park passes instead of the MYW passes?

Questions, questions
Tell your TA to only purchase the minimum ticket requirement to qualify for the package (one day base). You will then need to register for the event yourself. (When it opens up). Once you register, you can buy your own discounted event tickets.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: