Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #1
monkey68
I instill the fear of manhole covers and those subway grates in people!

Dyeable shoes at Payless?

I heard a rumor that there are dyeable shoes at Payless, but when I look on the website, all the shoes that look dyeable say they aren't. I need a pair of dyeable shoes for a wedding I'll be in, and since I doubt I'll ever wear a pair of purple shoes again, I want to get them cheap. I know they won't be the most comfortable things, but I'll bring flip flops for before and after the ceremony, since nobody will see our feet anyway (which is why I think it's ridiculous that we need to bye dyeable shoes). Anyway, if someone has been to Payless lately, do they sell dyeable shoes or not?
monkey68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
Piecey
I find myself fighting with my pants
I don't have a mouse
I'm an easy-peasy kinda girl

This is there dye-able brand:

http://www.unforgettablemoments.com/
Piecey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #3
Disneylover79
I'm a cheap date!
Thinks Dr. House is sexy!

I was just there last week and yes they do have them..... also if you are looking for cheap try DSW..sometimes in the clearance section they have good deals....
Old 03-25-2009, 08:23 PM   #4
Piglets Mommy
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Our Payless has them....they are right next to all of the Ballet and Tap shoes
Old 03-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #5
dispor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey68 View Post
I heard a rumor that there are dyeable shoes at Payless, but when I look on the website, all the shoes that look dyeable say they aren't. I need a pair of dyeable shoes for a wedding I'll be in, and since I doubt I'll ever wear a pair of purple shoes again, I want to get them cheap. I know they won't be the most comfortable things, but I'll bring flip flops for before and after the ceremony, since nobody will see our feet anyway (which is why I think it's ridiculous that we need to bye dyeable shoes). Anyway, if someone has been to Payless lately, do they sell dyeable shoes or not?
Ours carries them. And I am pretty sure you can have them re-dyed a darker color (such as black) after the wedding. You're a sweetie for going along with the bride's wishes!
dispor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:26 PM   #6
Abbie
DIS Veteran

I just saw these last week and they are actually really pretty and comfy too! I think they were $25, so not too unreasonable either. If the heels were lower my DD's bridesmaids would get them but no one wants to be any taller than they already are!
Abbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #7
monkey68

Good to know they have them. The Payless closest to me is a little out of the way, so I don't want to go there unless they carry them.

I am just going along with whatever I'm told to do. I don't really have the time or the money to be in a wedding, but I didn't want to say no. She's one of my best friends, I introduced her to her fiance. So I've decided my time is more valuable than my money, so I'm letting the other girls plan the bachelorette party, bridal shower gift, and I'll just go along with everyone else. But where I can, I'm saving money. Payless shoes and doing the alterations at my own dress fitter person instead of at the store is where I'm starting from.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:33 PM   #8
pilikia97
So, bring me all my finest, most audacious, my divinest!

I bought the dyeable shoes from Payless for my graduation dress, but that was like 17, 18 years ago lol...I also bought a pair of them for my wedding 12 years ago (but did not dye them. I had a winter wedding and they were the only dress shoes in a satin fabric in white at the point in the season ). I remember there were two heel heights- maybe one inch and two and a half inch? Too long ago to remember that detail...
pilikia97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:12 AM   #9
browneyes106
DIS Veteran

I have seen dyeables at Payless for years.
browneyes106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #10
scrapquitler
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey68 View Post
Good to know they have them. The Payless closest to me is a little out of the way, so I don't want to go there unless they carry them.
If I were you, I would call the store and find out if they have them. If they don't happen to have your size or the style you want, they can get them from another store or the central warehouse, then call you when they get them in stock...there is no sense in your driving around looking for them.
scrapquitler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #11
tink_n_pooh
my TP isn't going anywhere. I can start the TP underground, anyone who is interested just let me know
I'm happy my underwear are clean

Every payless around here carries them but like PP said you could always call first.

I can't believe the bride wants you to get dyeable shoes but hey, to each their own
DD (2014)
tink_n_pooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:36 AM   #12
GoodFairies
Not a Taheen
Poor? Maybe. Tagless? Not anymore!
people probably always wonder why I'm staring into my purse

Quote:
Originally Posted by dispor View Post
You're a sweetie for going along with the bride's wishes!
No doubt! I can't believe people even still wear dyeables or that they still sell them.
GoodFairies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 12:18 PM   #13
tiggger1
I put vicks on my feet
It really cleans my floors and makes them softer!

I think payless is saying that THEY cannot dye them when they say not dyeable
Old 03-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #14
monkey68

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink_n_pooh View Post
Every payless around here carries them but like PP said you could always call first.

I can't believe the bride wants you to get dyeable shoes but hey, to each their own
Yea, I'm not too happy about it either, especially since I already have silver shoes that would match very nicely, as do a few other girls as well. The problem is, we all have different shades of silver shoes. Mine are lighter, another girl has dark silver, another girl has sparkly silver. Honestly, I don't care so much, but I will be very annoyed if she decides to dye them silver. I personally think it's kinda tacky for the shoes to all be so matchy matchy, but hey, not my wedding.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: