Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2009, 03:04 PM   #271
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
do ya'll really think Pop Warner is gonna be that big of a deal at the parks?
Most of the reports I've read indicate that they are pretty busy during the day with their competition/games. They will obviously be mostly a problem at their resorts. It seemed that some evenings and later in the week (Yay, I leave thursday a.m.) were busier as they get eliminated. But a Pop parent posted once that they have to stick around and watch the events.

Here's hoping that's the case! I've got a lot to do and see!

Here's a question for those repeat visitors:

Is there anything you're going to do this trip that you've never done before (aside from a different resort)??

For me I'm hoping to try a couple new rides - Soarin' and Big Thunder Mtn RR. Not to mention food!! We're hoping to hit a couple new restaurants too. Tony's, SciFi for sure and maybe Teppan Edo (if we don't get LeCellier).
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:36 PM   #272
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Free = good!!

Serious question - does anyone know if there were to be a code for a room only discount, does it usually require a minimum night stay? I want to do the one night at AKL, and doubt any deal would work for just one night. Any experiences with something like this?

Also - how much does it cost to join AAA? Maybe it would be worth it for the savings. What would a AAA discount be on a deluxe? TIA.

Yes, you can do a rooom only for 1 night only. We have been known to go down for 1 or 2 nights and never had a problem. One time we had 2 nights at CR with a AAA discount and 2 nights at AKL with an AP discount It is usually the free dining package that has a 3 night minimum.

The AAA fee is different for each state or region, so you just have to check their website. Most of the time, I usually end up with a Disney Discount, but book with my AAA agent for ease and for the little extras. The savings for a Deluxe is 15% during Value season and 10% during the other times. The discounts are better at the Value resorts and Moderate resorts.

If we don't some up with some money, we won't be going in Dec and I am so afraid of that. I had to use our trip money for my sick rabbits care and now we have none. I have paid our deposit, but am wiped out otherwise. If anybody has any ideas, let me know, I sure don't want to cancel, even though we are going in Sept (can't cancel that one because we lose the insurance money).

Suzanne
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2009, 06:41 PM   #273
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Most of the reports I've read indicate that they are pretty busy during the day with their competition/games. They will obviously be mostly a problem at their resorts. It seemed that some evenings and later in the week (Yay, I leave thursday a.m.) were busier as they get eliminated. But a Pop parent posted once that they have to stick around and watch the events.

Here's hoping that's the case! I've got a lot to do and see!

Is there anything you're going to do this trip that you've never done before (aside from a different resort)??

For me I'm hoping to try a couple new rides - Soarin' and Big Thunder Mtn RR. Not to mention food!! We're hoping to hit a couple new restaurants too. Tony's, SciFi for sure and maybe Teppan Edo (if we don't get LeCellier).
IF we get to go:

We are staying at Pop, again, but we really love it.

We want to do the Yultide Tour or the Backstage Magic Tour. We did the KTTK tour in June and really loved it.

Quiet, don't tell Mickey, but we might go to Sea World

Oh, we are staying later into Dec than we usually do, we usually leave the Sunday before Christmas, but since it is just Dh and I we have decided to stay until Dec 22

Suzanne
Old 07-17-2009, 07:52 PM   #274
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Yes, you can do a rooom only for 1 night only. We have been known to go down for 1 or 2 nights and never had a problem. One time we had 2 nights at CR with a AAA discount and 2 nights at AKL with an AP discount It is usually the free dining package that has a 3 night minimum.

The AAA fee is different for each state or region, so you just have to check their website. Most of the time, I usually end up with a Disney Discount, but book with my AAA agent for ease and for the little extras. The savings for a Deluxe is 15% during Value season and 10% during the other times. The discounts are better at the Value resorts and Moderate resorts.

If we don't some up with some money, we won't be going in Dec and I am so afraid of that. I had to use our trip money for my sick rabbits care and now we have none. I have paid our deposit, but am wiped out otherwise. If anybody has any ideas, let me know, I sure don't want to cancel, even though we are going in Sept (can't cancel that one because we lose the insurance money).

Suzanne
Thanks for the info. I hope it all works out that you can go. Maybe have a yard sale (or sell stuff on Craigs list) and raise a little extra $$? I know people who do that and put away the money for WDW. It could help!
Old 07-17-2009, 09:17 PM   #275
Tig67
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobilly83 View Post
This will be my first trip to Disney during the holiday season. I personally have been there 5 times, the last time in 2000. My SO has been there on and off, but she said that it was only for day trips, never staying overnight in the parks

Right now I have a deposit down for 12/26/09-01/02/10 for the All Star Movie, with Park Hopper and Disney Dining. THe rep told me if they offer coupons for my time, I can call and get adjusted. Anyone ever try that before?
OMG, we will be at ASmo at the exact same time! Can't wait. The last few times we've gone, we've stayed off property. I haven't stayed on property since 1984 when we stayed at FW at Christmastime. The last time we went was 2005. My son will be 9 this time. Sooo excited!!
Tig67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:27 PM   #276
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I hope it all works out that you can go. Maybe have a yard sale (or sell stuff on Craigs list) and raise a little extra $$? I know people who do that and put away the money for WDW. It could help!
I am probably going to have a yard sale, if I can ever get time to get all my stuff together. If it's not one thing, it's another. I need a few days off and a few extra pairs of hands, but my recent days off I have been sick and not up to cleaning.

Suzanne
Old 07-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #277
cltk78
Mouseketeer

Quote:

We're planning to eat at 'Ohana for the first time. Of course, we'll try all the new rides they've added since our last trip - Toy Story Mania, Expedition Everest, etc. I'm booking us for a private photo session at one of the resorts, most likely at either GF or Poly after we have breakfast at 'Ohana. I'd love for DS1 to do Jedi Training at DHS. He's a huge Star Wars fan. That's all I can think of right now.

ETA: I wonder if I should bring DS's Obi-Wan Kenobi costume with us. Does anyone think he'll have a better chance of being selected for the Jedi Training if he's actually dressed like a jedi?

Me 35yo DH 35yo DS 9yo DS 5yo Furbaby 1yo

November/December 2009: Animal Kingdom Lodge September 2006: Tokyo Disneyland September 2004: All-Star Music May & September 2003: All-Star Movies December 2001: Wilderness Lodge (honeymoon) June 1997, June 1987, & June 1982: Off-site

Last edited by cltk78; 07-18-2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: typo
cltk78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #278
akayek31
DIS Veteran

we will be there December 21-27 at Pop. I can't wait to see the Christmas decorations.

1985-Day trip, 7/08-offsite, 5/09 Pop Century, 2/11-Pop Century,9/11-Pop Century, 2/12-Pop Century, 10/12-Pop Century, 2/13-Pop Century, 2/14-Pop Century, 10/14-Pop Century

akayek31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 02:07 PM   #279
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

The kids' first trip we got those silouette cut outs done. This trip DH wants to have a portrait done at GF. Last year when we were waiting for our ADR at 1900 Park Fare we roamed around and this woman was doing them and they were beautiful. I think they were in pastels and about $200. A LOT pricier than the silouettes, but an amazing souvenir! I hope it doesn't take TOO long, we have so much planned for 4 days!
Old 07-19-2009, 12:20 AM   #280
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Sheree, you are gonna be busy!! You have lots to do in 4 days thats for sure... I am thinking our visit time is gonna be reallll short!! Ha!!! We gotta take pictures with you this time!! How I forgot that before I don't know.... I would like for us to do one of the tours this time...haven't done one. Not sure which one we would like...got such a range difference for all 3 kids....suggestions?
Old 07-19-2009, 08:47 PM   #281
PrincessSuzanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Mommy 3 View Post
Sheree, you are gonna be busy!! You have lots to do in 4 days thats for sure... I am thinking our visit time is gonna be reallll short!! Ha!!! We gotta take pictures with you this time!! How I forgot that before I don't know.... I would like for us to do one of the tours this time...haven't done one. Not sure which one we would like...got such a range difference for all 3 kids....suggestions?
For the majority of the tours, the kids have to be 16 and up. There is the Family Magic Tour and Behind the Seeds. We have done Behind the Seeds and KTTK and we really enjoyed both. Most of the tours do have an age limit of some kind because of what is revealed in the tour. I am not sure most younger children would enjoy Behind the Seeds, but the older ones might.

Suzanne
Old 07-19-2009, 09:11 PM   #282
MickeynMinnie
I'm BACK!!!

doing the happy dance here!!! my amazing boyfriend just suprised me with another disney trip!!! we will be in Disney for Christmas!!! i can't wait!!!! we will be down there 12/23 to 1/2!!!
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! :b anana:
Old 07-19-2009, 09:29 PM   #283
sabrecmc
DIS Veteran

Signing up! We just got back (literally, like 3 hours ago...) and I booked us a bounceback to the Grand Floridian Dec. 18-21. Just a quick weekend for the holidays, but I'm really excited. We had a blast!
sabrecmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:36 AM   #284
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeynMinnie View Post
doing the happy dance here!!! my amazing boyfriend just suprised me with another disney trip!!! we will be in Disney for Christmas!!! i can't wait!!!! we will be down there 12/23 to 1/2!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrecmc View Post
Signing up! We just got back (literally, like 3 hours ago...) and I booked us a bounceback to the Grand Floridian Dec. 18-21. Just a quick weekend for the holidays, but I'm really excited. We had a blast!
WOW!! That is so awesome for both of you! It's Christmas in JULY!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:10 AM   #285
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeynMinnie View Post
That's great! Looks like we will be there at the same time! 12/26-1/2! We are staying at the Beach Club- Club Level! We are really excited! Have a magical trip!

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI March '15- BC
Nov. '15- GF
lala3291 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: