Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #31
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Hi Megan

Hope you're feeling better, looking forward to yout TR!!!

You are soooooooooooooo lucky to work IN the castle!!!!!!!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
Old 04-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #32
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

CM Preview of Kidani Village!!

Sorry Everyone, photobucket has cut me off for the month!! If you are interested in seeing the pictures please visit: www.allearsnet.com and you can see the professional pictures there on their main page. Their pictures will be more detailed than mine!!

Last edited by TinkerbellLuvr7; 04-27-2009 at 08:16 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2009, 05:59 PM   #33
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Kidani Village Rooms!!!

Okay on with the rooms. We were allowed to see a one bed room and a studio which together make a 2 bedroom. We did not get to see the grand villa tho Just to the right of the lobby were washers and dryers--no pics and the arcade and a game room--sorry no pic but they were standard. Below the lobby is their TS Sanaa restaurant. They were training so I didn't take pics. Looked a lot like Jiko.

One Bedroom Pics:

Sorry, no pic of the washer and dryer.

The Studio:

now the pool!!!!!!

---> Edited by WebmasterCricket -- I fixed photo # 29 in this series, I hope that was ok
Old 04-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #34
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

The Kidani Village Pool

Here it was: the highlight of the tour!!!!

The first hot tub you see from the top:

The Main Pool

Kids area:

Pool Bar

A View of the zero entry and the 2 slides in the main pool: a little side and the big slide which starts higher than the first hot tub location!

more of the kids area:

And a view from where the pool area is to the lobby

*overall*

Loved the rooms!! I saw them on the DVC tour at SSR when my college roomie bought DVC back in Jan. The rooms are the same minus the great animal view you have now!! The lobby was wayyy smaller than Jambo House and the gift shop was nothing to write home about We saw one type of animal, not sure what it was and an ostrich in the distance. Pool was AMAZING! I'm not sure if they sell food there or not though? Sanaa looked nice-cheaper than Jiko.

Downfalls: no CS restaurant. My fam depends on them, esp. for mugs and breakfast. I know the idea of dvc is having ur own food but it's nice to fill up your mug now and then. Maybe they will do that at the bar for you? I also thought u could walk to Jambo house but you can't. A DVC man told us you have to take a park bus and get off at Jambo house. I guess right now they won't have a resort bus for the villas to Jambo house.

Would I stay there: yes. The one bedroom had a huge amount of space. The Studio seemed smaller than the one at SSR and OKW that we stayed in but it would work! The food is a downfall but if you were looking to save money and have breakfast and maybe lunch in, it's a great fit and the kids will LOVE the pool!

Tree houses. VERY secluded!!! The pool was VERY small and had a small hot tub with bathrooms and that was it. It's still in the building phases but we didn't see any posted bus signs or stops?! Inside of the tree houses were very nice. Same type of furniture as AK. One room had bunk beds, one a full bed, and the master had a queen. The couch and chair pulled out in the family room and it had a full kitchen. The model we looked at was beside the golf course of SSR we got a view of woods and a view of golf which was nice. Overall..don't think I would stay there but if you had a large family and your own car and didn't mind cooking meals then that's a great fit for you!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 06:24 PM   #35
*KeepMovingForward*

DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for posting the pics of Kidani Megan! That's our home resort and we can't wait to stay there. Great to see a little preview of it.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:33 PM   #36
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

My TR- March 26, 2009

WELCOME TO MY TR!!!!!!

It has been long awaited!! It did not help that my computer's hard drive decided to die We'll have to see if I can remember everything!!!!!

On Thurs March 26 that is when it all started!! I got up nice and early at 8am I believe. I had plans to get my hair cut, nails done, car washed/gassed, and pick up some final things at Wal-Mart before heading to CSR. By 9 I was dressed and ready to start my fun-filled vacation! I headed to the nearest Fantastic Sams which is right beside my nail salon to get my hair cut. After waiting over an hr and 1/2 I gave up and decided not to wait any longer and headed to the nail salon. After that I had plans to stop at Hess in the same plaza for gas and a car wash but noticed gas was .10 more than at Disney so I waited and tried for just a car wash but you must buy gas to get it. Strike 2. So my roomie Elyse and I headed to Wendys for lunch before heading to CSR. After lunch I stopped at home and gathered my bags and headed for the resort. I was the only one at check-in so that was great!!!

I had asked for a room close to the main bulilding-or close by and ended up with 6A..the building the furthest away It ended up being close to the pool and it was for one night so it was all good When I got my welcome packet and keys, I drove to find the room and quickly realized you have to key in to get back to the rooms..something new and exciting!!

When I found the room I was pleased with the location and took pics:

Inside the room I was very happy with all the decor and it smelled like new carpet

And the view from the room:

Our room was to the left of that building, 2nd from the end on the 2nd floor. It was a great location!!

After checking out the room and unpacking for one night, I got changed and headed to the pool!!!

..walking to the pool...

After a bit, Elyse arrived to hang out with me at the pool before I had to shower and leave for the airport. We spent a good 3 or 4 hours at the pool. Of course being a food-court loving family, I was not impressed with Pepper Grill when I ate there the week prior when I had to give the resort my disney id but the Siestas pool bar made up for it in many ways. The food area beside it had wonderful pool type food: burgers, fries, pretzels, snacks, etc. Elyse and I split nachos and cheese sticks and got daiquiris and used our refillable mugs we had bought the week before. After fun in the sun, we said our good byes for the next 5 days and I headed back to the room....opened the door and found..........

UNTIL NEXT TIME!!!!!!!

...WHAT IS IN MY ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????:e ek:

Old 04-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #37
loralie
DIS Veteran

Ohhhh...I can't wait to hear what was in your room. I hope it was something good. Loving the trip report.

Loralie

Here is a link to my May 2009 Grand Floridian trip report

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2186301

Can't wait to plan more trips to Disney! When you are here the rest of the world just goes away along with all the problems.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:08 PM   #38
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Okay, I just have to say thank you so much for those Kidani pics. My family has been dying to see the pics. You have made our day! I can't wait to go there next month.

Old 04-21-2009, 08:43 PM   #39
mebrm
Earning My Ears

great start soo what was in the room...
Old 04-21-2009, 08:55 PM   #40
MnMomW3Boys
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the Kidani Pictures, it has been killing me not to know what to expect when we get there. I can't wait to show them to my DH tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing what was waiting in your room....I guessing it wasn't Prince Charming?

Old 04-21-2009, 09:30 PM   #41
CPer'sMom
DIS Veteran

Megan, Glad to see you are back with updates! Thanks so much for posting all those wonderful pictures of Kidani Village. How fun that you got to preview it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post

I was not impressed with Pepper Grill when I ate there the week prior when I had to give the resort my disney id
You had to go out to show them your id before you checked in??

8/28-9/1 DL Dumbo Double Dare!
11/7-9 Wine & Dine
1/8-11 Marathon weekend
2/19-23 Princess GSC
5/7-11 Tink PDC
Old 04-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #42
christa112
DIS Veteran

Awesome picture of Kidani!!!! Thanks for sharing
Old 04-21-2009, 10:20 PM   #43
fall08CP
Cheesehead

Hmmm a card and balloons?? Coronado is my favorite resort so I'm loving it so far
Old 04-21-2009, 11:43 PM   #44
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World

just joining in, loved the pics of Kidan, so beautifuli!! I have a question I hope you can answer about CSR....

what kind of hair dryer do they have in that bag hanging in the closet area? Is it a wimpy hotel hair dryer or a good one? lol We'll be there in a little over a week and I'd love to leave my clunky dryer at home.
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
Old 04-22-2009, 05:30 AM   #45
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting these pictures!!!!!!!!!! They are the first I have seen! I LOVE how the actual lobby and rooms look but like others I am disappointed in how small the pool is! The kids area looks awesome though!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: