Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
craigclark
Earning My Ears

Can you help me with some trip hiccups?

Hi, some of you might know me because my girlfriend "Vallie" posts all the time about our trip and pictures as well. This is my first post so far. I decided to jump on the boards so I can learn more about Disney and maybe share some humorous observations I find along the way.
Unfortunately my first post won't be a nice one. I'm looking for advice. I want to make our upcoming August vacation one of the most special things to happen in our relationship filled with surprises and all the magic that comes with Disney.
The current plans we have are very up in the air and aren't exactly what we're looking for. We are planning through a travel agent in Ontario who specifically plans Disney trips. We have had some problems with our agent before but they were minor hiccups in the planning process that we were able to fix quit easily. But now we have found out our agent went into our dining reservations and changed our very special anniversary dinner at my girlfriend's favourite restaurant Tony's Town Square from a nice evening 7 p.m. time to a 1 p.m. table without notifying us.
Of course this was the last straw and I called and complained today and I spoke to the boss. She told me that Disney aren't good with holding reservations and their online program is faulty and always has problems. When we looked online it said our scheduled dinner was cancelled and changed. Whether or not it was a mistake it's very disappointing for both of us.
I was just wondering if this is a normal thing for Disney to screw up over the travel agent? She told me they receive several complaints of people saying the same thing that their reservations aren't there or were changed and they had to wait hours before their table was available. My girlfriend is very very upset about what's happened and thinks that the vacation is gonna be ruined when we get there. I know that this trip will be the greatest we just have to reassure my girlfriend "Vallie" that everything will be fine and that there will be plenty of surprises around every corner and a very memorable trip.
Hope someone can help me. This is just a first post I'll try and keep people up to date regularly with the goings on.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
disneylovinfamily
DIS Veteran

I have never heard of a dining reservation being cancelled by the system or changed or whatever. I have gone the last 6 years and have never had issues furthermore if it were happening, people here on the DIS would be up in arms and it would be posted everywhere. I think the boss is not telling the whole truth. What date are you going? Tony's is not that popular of a restaurant so maybe you can change the ressie back? Good luck to you.
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Is it expensive for you to call?
I am giving you a link to making your own ADR's online.
I never went thru a travel agent and I did all my own planning, by calling WDW and using their website for some other reservations.

Here is a link the DIS has for dining.

The first paragraph has the link to making your own ADR's on line. Make a copy of the time and confirmaiton #. It is still a little slow, but I'm sure you can get the time you want. Good luck.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining.htm
Old 06-18-2009, 12:19 AM   #4
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovinfamily View Post
I have never heard of a dining reservation being cancelled by the system or changed or whatever. I have gone the last 6 years and have never had issues furthermore if it were happening, people here on the DIS would be up in arms and it would be posted everywhere. I think the boss is not telling the whole truth. What date are you going? Tony's is not that popular of a restaurant so maybe you can change the ressie back? Good luck to you.
Well I'm the girlfriend, Might as well jump in here.
I also believe there was a mistake made by the travel agent and the boss isnt tell the whole truth.
Ive checked myself and we cant change it back but I am going to keep trying.

I also want it noted I dont think the whole trip is going to be screwed up its just i was very very disappointed in finding another "hiccup" in our planning when we are going to a professional to book these things. and it was even more disappointing to hear them not acknowledge that they made a mistake and instead pass the blame to Disney and not attempt to fix the problem, or even address it.

I just dont wanna get there and deal with such things ya know?!

may 1999 : offsite
december 2007 : offsite : new years trip
august 2009 : PoP century

december 2010 : tokyo disney land & sea

***coming up: july 2011 : disneyland california
Old 06-18-2009, 08:10 AM   #5
disneylovinfamily
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallie View Post
Well I'm the girlfriend, Might as well jump in here.
I also believe there was a mistake made by the travel agent and the boss isnt tell the whole truth.
Ive checked myself and we cant change it back but I am going to keep trying.

I also want it noted I dont think the whole trip is going to be screwed up its just i was very very disappointed in finding another "hiccup" in our planning when we are going to a professional to book these things. and it was even more disappointing to hear them not acknowledge that they made a mistake and instead pass the blame to Disney and not attempt to fix the problem, or even address it.

I just dont wanna get there and deal with such things ya know?!
It was definatly a mistake by them, I would bet on it. I don't think that but it was not right and they should have tried to fix it for you. That is horrible customer service and I would tell them so. I might also write to Disney, I am sure they don't want thier certified planners telling people that it is thier fault dining ressies got canceled. Everytime I think about it, I get upset for you! Good luck!
Old 06-18-2009, 08:19 AM   #6
disneylovinfamily
DIS Veteran

Craig and Vallie, I just checked the online disney system and on aug 30th they have an 8:15 at Tony'a available, not sure if that helps at all or if it will be available when you see this. GOOD LUCK!
Old 06-18-2009, 10:19 AM   #7
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovinfamily View Post
Craig and Vallie, I just checked the online disney system and on aug 30th they have an 8:15 at Tony'a available, not sure if that helps at all or if it will be available when you see this. GOOD LUCK!
Thank you, thats so sweet of you to check for us
The only problem with that time is that we would miss the fireworks and we dfinitly want to catch Wishes.
I actually was able to make an ADR for Crystal Palace on the same day for a late lunch/early dinner at 3:45ish so I'm okay with that.

Its not so much that the ressie was changed that I was so upset, its more the fact that if I hadnt caught it we woulda went down and been very very disappointed and I'm really worried that we will get down there and there will be more mistakes and oversights and it will be disappointing if that does happen.

Our TA apparently wasnt in yesterday, so I'm hoping that maybe after the owner speaks with her she will be more understanding and at least acknowldge the mistake. I just want to feel confident going down there with our plans.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #8
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Hi craig, I've been posting on vallie's ptr for a while and came over to see yours. I just posted on hers about what I think about how the travel agency has been treating you guys, I think it's horrible. I'm sorry this all happened to you guys, I really hope everything works out. We have never had a problem with losing any of our ADRs so I really do think it's the travel agency and they just don't want to admit it. I did check the online reservations and the only one I could find for Tony's was 8pm on August 30th, sorry. Is that the right date you're looking for? I'll keep looking for you guys too, I already have been checking each day just in case an earlier time comes up for mine as well so I'll keep looking for you guys as well.
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 06-21-2009, 02:37 PM   #9
DisneyFaeriePrincess

Hey craig, I just posted this on vallie's ptr but I figured I'd post on yours just to be safe. I checked the online reservations for tony's and they have one for 6:45 and 7:15 on august 30. I hope you get this and are able to get one of those reservations! I'm sure it would make vallie very happy!!! Good luck and I hope you get this in time!!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 06-21-2009, 11:24 PM   #10
Vallie
DIS Veteran

Heyy! thank u soo much for checking that for us!!

I got the perfect ADR for our last dayyy!

But its not at Tonys! its somewhere else!!!

Go check my PTR and seee hehe

Old 06-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #11
DisneyFaeriePrincess

Haha, I just read it and posted my response! I guess you'll have to go over and see what I think about your change!! Oh and craig, see everything worked out just fine!!
Me DH Rajah

Tags
vallie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: