Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 01:25 PM   #841
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTrustnPixieDust View Post
Happy Saturday Everyone!!!

It's wet and rainy here this weekend. DD was able to get her TBall game in this morning.

She was given the game ball today. She has been quite sad that she had not gotten a game ball up until now. I explained to her that she needed to pay attention and not play in the dirt. That the kids that get the game ball get chosen because they may make a good play or get some great hits.

Well, she played 2nd base during one of the innings and she was making lots of stops and getting the ball to 1st base. Then when she played 3rd base she was making sure she ran to the base and was ready to make a play if the ball came to her.

So, they gave her the game ball.

DD and DS are off with their father today so I have the rest of the day and tomorrow morning to myself. With the rainy weather I hope to get some things done inside. With all the kids activities I am not able to keep up with any housework, laundry, etc.

I am feeling a little under the weather at the moment but not enough to keep me from doing some cleaning. At least not yet.

DD has a birthday tea party tomorrow afternoon so that should be fun for her.

Have a great weekend!
Congrats to your DD for a job well done.

Hope you fell better.

take care
flo
Old 05-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #842
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Mary,

Hope you get every thing you want done today done.and you get to go scrapping tomorrow.

take care
flo
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #843
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Wendy!!!

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 05-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #844
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Strange situation today

Hi everyone! I had a strange situation today. I was out running errands and stopped at Home Goods to buy some new towels. Well when I went to pay, I swiped one of my credit cards and it wouldn't go through. I tried again and it still wouldn't go through. So I quickly switched to another credit card which worked fine. At my next stop, I tried the credit card again and it didn't work again! By this time I was very confused. I couldn't figure out what was going on. I knew that my balance was 0 on the card so why would it be rejected? How embarrassing at the stores!

Well after I finish my errands, I came home and called the credit card company after I put the groceries away. So, first you have to get through the menu and finally get to a person. Well, he couldn't tell anything except that it had been rejected and sent off to the fraud people. Well, it ends up that someone tried to use my credit card number but had the wrong expiration. So the credit card company had shut down the card. They are now sending me a new one. I'm glad that they monitor for these occurences so that I don't have someone using my card, but it's a good thing that I carry a couple of credit cards. Otherwise, it would have been very embarassing and annoying.

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 05-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #845
rbcheek
Just A Little Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald is #1 View Post
Hi everyone! I had a strange situation today. I was out running errands and stopped at Home Goods to buy some new towels. Well when I went to pay, I swiped one of my credit cards and it wouldn't go through. I tried again and it still wouldn't go through. So I quickly switched to another credit card which worked fine. At my next stop, I tried the credit card again and it didn't work again! By this time I was very confused. I couldn't figure out what was going on. I knew that my balance was 0 on the card so why would it be rejected? How embarrassing at the stores!

Well after I finish my errands, I came home and called the credit card company after I put the groceries away. So, first you have to get through the menu and finally get to a person. Well, he couldn't tell anything except that it had been rejected and sent off to the fraud people. Well, it ends up that someone tried to use my credit card number but had the wrong expiration. So the credit card company had shut down the card. They are now sending me a new one. I'm glad that they monitor for these occurences so that I don't have someone using my card, but it's a good thing that I carry a couple of credit cards. Otherwise, it would have been very embarassing and annoying.
Wow, about the same thing happened to my wife a few weeks back with her debit card.
That night we got a phone call from the credit card company asking if we were in New York. (we're in California).
A Subway restuarant in New York accepted the card in the morning, and by night, they had tried 4 different retail stores but were refused at all 4.
Luckily for us, we were not responsible for any charges but we did have to get a new card.
VB member since '02 - AKLV member since '07 2530 miles from house to home PO - '98 (1st WDW trip), AKL - '02 (Best resort - ever), OKW - '03 (1st DVC Trip), DCL & VB - '05 (1st Cruise), BCV - '06 (1st w/out kids)BCV- '07, AKV - '08 (1st time back as owners)
Old 05-02-2009, 08:16 PM   #846
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Chris,

Prom for are high school was yesterday. My girlfriend could not get out of work so I went and took pictures of her son and his friends. Luckley she got there just before they left so she could see them. They all looked so nice. It was allot of fun. Brings back memories of Steven's (DS). I am sure yours will be allot of fun to. Naw you are not prejudiced!

I just niticed that your counter is a little over a month away. You have got to be excited.

Take care
flo
Hey Flo - just got back from the Grand March and what fun! I love to see all the kids in their formals. At our school the kids drive up in all kinds of fancy cars and the dad's of the junior class valet park them! My nephew came in a big Dodge pickup truck and my niece came in a limo with about 5 other couples! I did however miss my nephew and his date at the grand march because my niece, which happens to be his twin sister, needed help in the little girls room and I told my sister I would help her so she wouldn't miss her son. The kids just look so grown up. Hopefully next year my daughter will be able to go!

And yes, we have about a month to go!!!!!! Believe me when I say that our suitcases are already out and DH and DD2 have started packing! We just can't wait to get there. We are getting so excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithTrustnPixieDust View Post
Happy Saturday Everyone!!!

It's wet and rainy here this weekend. DD was able to get her TBall game in this morning.

She was given the game ball today. She has been quite sad that she had not gotten a game ball up until now. I explained to her that she needed to pay attention and not play in the dirt. That the kids that get the game ball get chosen because they may make a good play or get some great hits.

Well, she played 2nd base during one of the innings and she was making lots of stops and getting the ball to 1st base. Then when she played 3rd base she was making sure she ran to the base and was ready to make a play if the ball came to her.

So, they gave her the game ball.

DD and DS are off with their father today so I have the rest of the day and tomorrow morning to myself. With the rainy weather I hope to get some things done inside. With all the kids activities I am not able to keep up with any housework, laundry, etc.

I am feeling a little under the weather at the moment but not enough to keep me from doing some cleaning. At least not yet.

DD has a birthday tea party tomorrow afternoon so that should be fun for her.

Have a great weekend!
Congrats to your daughter on getting the game ball!!!! Yeah for her. Hope you are feeling better soon. I know the house cleaning gets behind with all the kids' activities, but hey, they are only young once and the house will be clean when they are gone. . .Maybe!

Quote:

That would be a strange feelilng. But thank goodness the company has your back.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #847
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Hey Flo - just got back from the Grand March and what fun! I love to see all the kids in their formals. At our school the kids drive up in all kinds of fancy cars and the dad's of the junior class valet park them! My nephew came in a big Dodge pickup truck and my niece came in a limo with about 5 other couples! I did however miss my nephew and his date at the grand march because my niece, which happens to be his twin sister, needed help in the little girls room and I told my sister I would help her so she wouldn't miss her son. The kids just look so grown up. Hopefully next year my daughter will be able to go.
Chris,

That sounds cool the way you do prom. I like that.

Take care
flo
Old 05-02-2009, 08:45 PM   #848
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbcheek View Post
Wow, about the same thing happened to my wife a few weeks back with her debit card.
That night we got a phone call from the credit card company asking if we were in New York. (we're in California).
A Subway restuarant in New York accepted the card in the morning, and by night, they had tried 4 different retail stores but were refused at all 4.
Luckily for us, we were not responsible for any charges but we did have to get a new card.

The above is all that is left of what I posted. Don't know what happend.

What I said was I know how that feels, been there done that. IT is not a fun thing.

That was strange ti see the sick guy. I did not put it that there.

oh well.

have a good day
take care
flo

Last edited by wltdsnyfan; 05-04-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:27 PM   #849
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I understand I work at a CU and I sometimes have tgo call the member to see if they had done the transaction...If I can not confirm, I have to shut the card down.

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault

Dec 8th 2014 on the Dream
Old 05-02-2009, 10:30 PM   #850
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday Wendy, Hope you had a great day I think I may Have to get a drink for my self in your honor

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault

Dec 8th 2014 on the Dream
Old 05-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #851
ohiominnie
It's interesting when you google yourself
I'd rather be at WDW
Spent all day at an amusement park yesterday
My DH gets kitty litter kidney stones

Quote:
Hi everyone! I had a strange situation today.
We had someone try to use our Disney Visa number to get airfare to London England. They stopped that one before it went through.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:35 AM   #852
wendybirdn
Yes, I'm up for a Disney trip!

Thank-you for the birthday wishes. My sister and I celebrated the day at Disneyland. The day turn into a great day with the weather not being too hot and the food and wine festival going on. We went to a cooking demonstration by Cat Cora. She was really nice. I can't wait to try her restaurant that she is opening on the boardwalk in September.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

Wendy
Old 05-03-2009, 07:06 AM   #853
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Good morning Wendy - welcome to the DIS! Your birthday sounds like it was great! I love Disneyland!

So glad you joined us on the thread.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:07 AM   #854
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise

Good morning Member Cruisers!
We sail in 19 weeks!

Woo Hoo - we are in the teens!

Old 05-03-2009, 07:23 AM   #855
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise

Good morning everyone - happy Sunday!

Well I didn't get quite as much done yesterday as I had hoped but did get some things done including helping Mark for a short time outside. So I'm going to head over to my girlfriends house later to scrapbook. I'll send her a text message when I get back from church just to confirm we're still on. I haven't talked to her since Wednesday since she was in MN all week for training.

Hopefully I'll finish up SSMC07 today!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: