Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #301
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyJeanDVC View Post
Good Morning everyone!

We had a busy day yesterday. Courtney's last dance competition of the season is FINALLY over. I'm so excited about that! They are always a lot of fun, but its so time consuming and I'm happy to not have to worry about it again until next year. She did really well. It was a great compeition to end with since all her pieces scored really well. She was also able to do her ballet solo which made her very happy.

Today we are celebrating Palm Sunday. Then I need to try to sort things out for this coming week. I have a lot to do.

My Mom is coming into town Friday and will be here for a week. So that always adds a little stress to things. But it will be nice to see her.

Have a great day!
Have fun with mom! I am sure the kids are excited to see her. How does she like it were they are now?

How did Courtney do yesterday?

Quote:
I think we'll be more on the snow side of things up here.
I hate that "S" word. Stay warm.

take care
flo
Old 04-05-2009, 10:18 AM   #302
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Congrats Kelly on the and Dianne on the
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #303
KellyJeanDVC
Firm Believer in Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by wltdsnyfan View Post
Have fun with mom! I am sure the kids are excited to see her. How does she like it were they are now?

How did Courtney do yesterday?

I hate that "S" word. Stay warm.

take care
flo
Hi Flo!

Mom is up in Hayward now which is about six hours north of us. She likes it, although it is quite a change of lifestyle for her. Their house is much smaller than the one they had in Lake Geneva. Its a much slower pace too - which is nice for her. She also has her sister and mother up there so she is enjoying seeing them more often.

Courtney did really well yesterday. She got a little nervous before her solo, which was a little out of character for her. But she looked great up on stage. She came home with a gold trophy and several ribbons to add to her growing collection.

Yep....I'm pretty sick of snow. We have a little dusting on the ground right now. I think we're supposed to get more, but I really haven't watched the forecast since we were out of the loop yesterday. It was a LONG day!
Old 04-05-2009, 10:48 AM   #304
WDWLVR
DVC @ The Boardwalk
Have veranda will cruise
We cruised under a DVC flag - how cool is that?!?

Congratulations Kelly on the

Congratulations Dianne on the
Old 04-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #305
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Flo!

Mom is up in Hayward now which is about six hours north of us. She likes it, although it is quite a change of lifestyle for her. Their house is much smaller than the one they had in Lake Geneva. Its a much slower pace too - which is nice for her. She also has her sister and mother up there so she is enjoying seeing them more often.

Courtney did really well yesterday. She got a little nervous before her solo, which was a little out of character for her. But she looked great up on stage. She came home with a gold trophy and several ribbons to add to her growing collection.

Yep....I'm pretty sick of snow. We have a little dusting on the ground right now. I think we're supposed to get more, but I really haven't watched the forecast since we were out of the loop yesterday. It was a LONG day!
Kelly,

I know exactly were Hayward is. We went to Eagle river and stayed. My DH used to go to Eagle river with his family every summer. I do like it there it is so peacefull. You don't herethe husle and busle if city life.

Congrats Courtney! Great job!

Have a great day and relax.

take care
flo
Old 04-05-2009, 10:53 AM   #306
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstweety View Post
What type of soup are you making...I would really love to make chili, but instead I m making a very healthy weight watchers soup.
I'm glad some one is going to eat healthy! I'm going to make a creamy, cheesy, vegetable type soup. It has broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, and onions in it. It is one of our favorites!
Old 04-05-2009, 10:56 AM   #307
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwlvr View Post
congratulations kelly on the

Congratulations dianne on the

Congrats from me too!
Old 04-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #308
wltdsnyfan

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
I'm glad some one is going to eat healthy! I'm going to make a creamy, cheesy, vegetable type soup. It has broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, and onions in it. It is one of our favorites!
Chris,

That sounds sooo good! I love cream soups and all those vegies to.

Enjoy!

have a good day.

take care
flo
Old 04-05-2009, 11:01 AM   #309
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's healthy, just a little more fatty...but it sounds delicous.

I love cream soups.

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault

Dec 8th 2014 on the Dream
Old 04-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #310
KellyJeanDVC
Firm Believer in Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post

Quote:
Congrats from me too!
Quote:
Thanks guys!

Chris - that soup sounds awesome. Would you mind sharing the recipe? It sounds like something my kids would love and today does seem like a good soup kind of a day.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:22 PM   #311
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Thanks guys!

Chris - that soup sounds awesome. Would you mind sharing the recipe? It sounds like something my kids would love and today does seem like a good soup kind of a day.

Sure. But I have to say, I don't really go by a recipe. I just steam all the vegies till crisp tender. Then I add a white sauce to the vegies. Then some more milk and velveeta. Salt, Pepper, season salt and heat through till cheese is melted. Sometimes I add ham if I have it, which is really good. So, it is not too hard. I have also used frozen vegies too. If you try it enjoy! I know my family really loves it.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #312
djstweety
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats from me too!
Thanks soooooooo much everyone
Quote:
Sure.* But I have to say, I don't really go by a recipe.* I just steam all the vegies till crisp tender.* Then I add a white sauce to the vegies.* Then some more milk and velveeta.* Salt, Pepper, season salt and heat through till cheese is melted.* Sometimes I add ham if I have it, which is really good.* So, it is not too hard.* I have also used frozen vegies too.* If you try it enjoy!* I know my family really loves it.
It sounds wounderful to me. I'll have to try it sometime.

Sept 20th 2014 on the Magic

It's all Gary's Fault

Dec 8th 2014 on the Dream
Old 04-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #313
Time4disneynow
DIS Veteran

Congrats Kelly on
Congrats Dianne on the

Chris....the cream soups sounds yummy!!!!

Kelly....congrats and great job to Courtney!!!!!

Having a great Sunday here. The temperature is about 66 degrees and the sun is out. I've been doing some yard work and loving every minute of it.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Take care....Monika
Monika... [Visiting WDW yearly since 1985...2007&2010 Disney Western...2011-Disney Eastern...SSMC 2008,2009,2010,2011..3/2012-Disney Dream-SSMC Reunion-It's all Garys Fault!! Disney Dream...6/2012 Inaugural NYC-Canada-Disney Magic...12/2012 Eastern Caribbean-Fantasy...05/2013 Disney Wonder Repo cruise LA-Vancouver (West Coast Adventure-It's All Gary's Fault reunion cruise)]

Old 04-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #314
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Happy Sunday!

Boy, we had a busy day yesterday. I voluteered to help my sister with her boss's retirement party, so we had to decorate at 10:00. Had a baby shower for my niece at 12:00. Then back to the retirement party by 1:30 to help serve. Then we went to Sam's club around 5:30. Got home around 7:00. I was pooped!

Today is going to be a day of , cleaning and relaxing. Plus it is a crappy day outside. Around 4:30 this morning it was raining buckets and it has now switched over to snow. We are expected to get around 3-5 inches of snow . This has to be the last snow of the season. It just has to be! My parents got home from Texas this last Monday and dad is worried his camper freezing up. I hope not.
Wow, you definitely had a busy day yesterday. I hope that you got some rest today.

Quote:
Hi Flo!

Congratulations to Courtney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWLVR View Post

Congratulations from me too!

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Old 04-05-2009, 08:42 PM   #315
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time4disneynow View Post

Congrats Kelly on
Congrats Dianne on the

Chris....the cream soups sounds yummy!!!!

Kelly....congrats and great job to Courtney!!!!!

Having a great Sunday here. The temperature is about 66 degrees and the sun is out. I've been doing some yard work and loving every minute of it.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Take care....Monika

Monika - I'm so jealous of your weather! We have had about 6" of snow today! It snowed all day long. It just stopped about an hour ago. Thank goodness it is melting already!

Glad you were able to get outside today and enjoy it! I bet you are tired from being outside in the fresh air now though. I'm sure you will rest good tonight. Have a good one!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: