Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2009, 02:30 AM   #1396
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnasally View Post
As we also plan our October trip our best friend committed suicide and was buried over the past weekend. He leaves behind a wife and three young adult children. They are our high school friends and we raised our children together including our mutual love of Disney and family trips there together. I feel your sorrow and also have not allowed myself to get excited over our trip next month. I know I need to get motivated. The worst part is that our trip is a surprise for my DH and DGD both of whom will celebrate birthdays while we are there. Now I have to tell them and hope they will have the reaction I need. My prayers for you and the family of your friend. Counting our blessings becomes even more relevant the older we get.
My deepest sympathies and condolences to both of you on your losses. I had a wake & funeral to attend this week also. Not as tragic but, sad nonetheless. My DSIL's nana passed away and the same DSIL is going to WDW in 12 days! She NEEDS this trip, now!

KimRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:31 AM   #1397
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

13 days today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 week and 6 days!!

1 week and 6 days!!!!

1 week and 6 days!!!!

I just can't believe it!! My countdown started at like 34 weeks or something....

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2009, 06:08 AM   #1398
tikkipoo
DIS Veteran

Last night I had a dream that someone called me at 5:30am and says "where are you" Of course, I'm supposed to be at the airport at 5am I jump up, our house is completely trashed, we aren't packed and I can't find my ugly bag with all our travel info. We have five minutes before it is too late and I finally find my ugly travel bag, but it has all the travel stuff in it from the last two trips, and I cannot find any info for this one. Plus, it looks like someone has run over the bag with a car. 29 days - the dreams are just starting...
tikkipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:14 AM   #1399
Twoboysnmygirl
DIS Veteran

30 DAYS!!!!!!!! I can't believe it, we've been counting down since 130 (you should have seen how long that countdown chain was!)
I'm so excited that my heart is racing...how will I deal with this for another month?!?!?!?

I'm so sorry for those of you that have had loss in the past few weeks. How awful, I can't imagine.
Twoboysnmygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:36 AM   #1400
torsie24

I had my first Disney dream the night before last.

We were waiting for the Magic Kingdom to open, and first of all teh opening show started late, so everyone was going into the park before the show started, but I made Jack wait. Then the show was cancelled. So we went in anyway. And the Magic Kingdom was all wrong and like a dirty derelicht city, and the castle was all covered up in scafflding and sheets. And Big Thunder Mountain was broken.

Whenever I dream about DIsney it's always horrible. I don;t know why my favourite place on earth can't be nice in my dreams. ???

At least it's not like before I go to Disneyland Paris and I dream every night that I'm stuck upside down on Space Mountain with my harness undone and I'm just hanging from the car in the middle of space!

Old 09-18-2009, 07:04 AM   #1401
ammeador2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite33 View Post
DS, 14 will be wearing his Jack Skellington hat and gloves from last year and he will get his face painted at the party-he did last year and they did a great job!

I think I'll just "decorate" myself in Halloween type stuff-earrings, necklace, tshirt.

BTW-
I see you are in IN-we are in KY-and we'll be there same time as you We will be driving to Indy to fly down on Airtran.

Just 2 more weeks
I am in Evansville and we are driving to Indy for Airtran as well. Where are you in KY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnasally View Post
As we also plan our October trip our best friend committed suicide and was buried over the past weekend. He leaves behind a wife and three young adult children. They are our high school friends and we raised our children together including our mutual love of Disney and family trips there together. I feel your sorrow and also have not allowed myself to get excited over our trip next month. I know I need to get motivated. The worst part is that our trip is a surprise for my DH and DGD both of whom will celebrate birthdays while we are there. Now I have to tell them and hope they will have the reaction I need. My prayers for you and the family of your friend. Counting our blessings becomes even more relevant the older we get.
My thoughts and prayers are with you guys as well.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:24 AM   #1402
carps09
Norway's spirit always has been, and always will be, adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammeador2 View Post
Who is dressing up for MNSSHP??
My DF and I are going as Lady and the Tramp - we'll be there on the 6th
carps09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:34 AM   #1403
torsie24

Quote:
Originally Posted by carps09 View Post
My DF and I are going as Lady and the Tramp - we'll be there on the 6th
That is AWESOME!!!

My DF wants us to go as Vampires, but from the 80's?!?

I want to make a halloween shirt though and jsut glow stick it up and have some flashing pumpkin earrings etc. I suppose some vampire teeth could add to the look though.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:13 AM   #1404
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

I am going to be Minnie Mouse, DH will be Mickey, DS will be a police officer, and I don't know what DD will settle on. I thought she was going to be Ariel, but now she says Belle. That is the one princess costume we DON'T have! I'm going to take her Ariel, Cinderella, and Silvermist costumes with us and let her decide between one of those. I also might buy a Minnie costume off of one of my friends, so we could take that, too.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:34 AM   #1405
SnowWhite33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimRaye View Post
You didn't barge. This is an October thread for trips! Post away! Have fun, too!
Thanks I should have found this thread sooner, I've been counting down for about 3 months, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammeador2 View Post
I am in Evansville and we are driving to Indy for Airtran as well. Where are you in KY?

My thoughts and prayers are with you guys as well.
We are in Shelbyville, KY so we have about a 2.5 hour drive, but we got awesome prices out of Indy. Louisville has just gotten too expensive to fly out of and the flights are lousy-it would cost us almost as much for 1 round trip ticket as what we are paying for all 3 of us. What flights are you on? We are leaving on 10/2 on the afternoon nonstop flight.

About the dreams some of you are talking about-Disney really messes with my sleep cycle. My dream is that I always get there and then almost immediately it's time to go and I'm always like "but we didn't do anything" . I'm now to the point where I wake up around 4:30-5AM with what I call the "tinglies" in my stomach because I'm so excited-and I still have 2 weeks to go I'm antsy as heck. I'm thinking about doing a PTR to try and get some of the energy released.

And so sorry for everyone who has had losses. I think this has been such a hard year for so many people. I work in HR at a manufacturing plant and found out on Monday that we would be closing the doors at the end of the year. It's so hard, we have 88 full time employees, some of them have been here for more than 30 years. I just keep thinking about all of them and what it means for them. And for my family too.

I'm still excited about my vacation, we decided to go on and go since it's already paid for, but I wonder how it's going to be while I'm there. I want to soak up the magic, but with this on my mind it's going to be a little harder.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:45 AM   #1406
poohbear8
DIS Veteran

I've been busy trying to get "projects" done this week. Sadly, I've made very little progress. I was working on an autograph book and after spending a few hours on it, I pulled it apart and am going to tackle it again today. I lost one day due to getting a new router and I couldn't figure out how to get my computer to "talk" to my printer. Sadly, I had to wait for my 16 year old to help me.

<hugs> to those who have suffered a loss. There is never a good time for loss, but it is hard when you are planning a trip that is supposed to be happy.

Hopefully, I will be back later with pictures to share of my work.
poohbear8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:19 AM   #1407
tkitty
DIS Veteran

Wow two weeks to go! Time is flying now. Not really ready, which is really funny because I've been planning for over a year!

This morning, I got up and my DH is making a list- "Things to do before we leave." (for him to do) He's been out of work, and has been sort of down, but he's now getting excited too. He's not that big of a fan of Disney,(or he doesn't want me to know it because that may make him less of a man ) but wouldn't let us leave him behind. So now he's asking questions, and I'm saying "I told you that", or "We talked about that"- now he's actually interested when I talk! Go figure!
I think I'll get a bit more serious about packing on Sunday- my next day off.

Yeah, and so much for losing 15 or more pounds, it didn't want to go away!
Can you say 'spandex'???
Grew up near DL-Disneyland grad nite jr hi 1973-High school 1976 *1999 Land & Sea pkg - Contemporary/Disney*2005 First Disneyland trip with Grandson*2006 WDW Aug. POFQ*2008 Disneyland trip (first for granddaugter)*WDW-OKW & ASMu Oct 2009*Best DL trip ever May 2010* 1st MHP-DL! Oct 2011* OKW/POFQ Grandkids trip Oct 2012 * 1st DisDiva DL trip 2014!

tkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:05 PM   #1408
DisneyObsessive
DIS Veteran

I gave in guys and starting a PTR! lol Here's the link: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post33627211

Days Inn- Thanksgiving, 1988
Port Orleans, French Quarters- Christmas, 1998
Hotel Royal Plaza- July to August, 2003
Vistana Villa Resort- July, 2004
Pop Century (one night), Friends home in Tampa- Star Wars Weekends, May to June 2007
Coronado Springs-January 2009
Pop Century- October 2009
DisneyObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:23 PM   #1409
redsunfish
Mouseketeer

I can't believe there are only 27 more days until we leave for Disney! I finally bought some window clings for our room window yesterday along with some glow bracelets. I'm starting to get a little worried because i waited so long to buy shorts....I only really wear running shorts at the gym and shorts when I'm in Disney so I'm in desperate need and I'm thinking I'm going to have trouble finding them in stores.

I can't wait to get to Disney!

May 1989 - Offsite - Family Trip, May 1996 - Offsite - School band, Aug 2007 - All Star Sports - Me & DH, Oct 2009 - Birthday trip - POFQ - Me & DH
redsunfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 02:26 PM   #1410
areno79
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsunfish View Post
I can't believe there are only 27 more days until we leave for Disney! I finally bought some window clings for our room window yesterday along with some glow bracelets. I'm starting to get a little worried because i waited so long to buy shorts....I only really wear running shorts at the gym and shorts when I'm in Disney so I'm in desperate need and I'm thinking I'm going to have trouble finding them in stores.

I can't wait to get to Disney!
I hear you...I'm having the hardest time finding a bathing suit for my 6yo cousin. I know it's NH, but JEEZ!

February 2003- Courtyard Marriott at Downtown Disney
May 2005- Pop Century
March 2007-Universal
Oct 2009- POFQ and MNSSHP
April 21-28, 2012- Off-site villa

areno79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: