Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #616
PNO4TE
DIS Musician
Piano Teacher
Can't stay awake at night for the "hen parties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickydees View Post
Has anyone tried to make a resi at Kouzzina the new resturant by Cat Cora opening later in the year at Disney Boardwalk? When looking at the dining reservation site don't see it listed. It is to take the place of Spoodles. When trying to book there on 10/9 it shows non available. Just wondering if anyone has tried to get a resi any other dates in october.
I can't make an ADR for Spoodles or Kouzzina either. I had to call Disney Dining about something else and the wonderful CM checked into it. Her supervisor said that neither is in the system yet (this was last Wednesday) because they are not certain how long the changeover will take. As soon as they know definitively that Kouzzina will be open it will be made available for booking. At least, that is what I was told!

"Music... this is the favorite passion of my soul." ~ Thomas Jefferson
‎"Good wine is a necessity of life for me" ~ Thomas Jefferson

In memory of June. 09/04/06. "Keep the board going for me while I'm gone..."
PNO4TE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #617
PookieB
DVC Dreaming

[QUOTE=eeyoregon;32667743][QUOTE=lacy1101;32665877]Alot of people have been having a hard time getting Ohanas once, and you got it twice - that's awesome!

Quote:

Well, we LIKE the late ressies as we are on West Coast time so a 9:00pm dinner ressie is like eating at 6:00pm on our body clocks. I bet I would have been out of luck if I wanted something between 5:00 and 8:00.

Thanks for the get well wishes. Not exactly how I thought I would spend my 4th of July. The funny thing is I started getting sick just before midnight last Friday night. I was in severe pain and yet in true DIS fashion I looked up at the clock and said out loud, "Gosh darn it! I only have to wait 3 more hours and I can make my ADR's!! I wish the pain could hold off a bit longer!!" Ended up I had a surprise hernia and part of my small bowel had gone inside the hole and was being constricted, which explained the lovely non-stop vomiting ! 4 hours of surgery and 5 nights in the hospital and I am ready to go to DISNEY WORLD!!!

Looks like we will have lot's of company at the Sports! We are going to try for a room in the basketball building per my son's request.

Gina
Wow! Glad your surgery went well.

I just booked our Oct mini trip from 10/2-4 at CSR with AP rate. We became PHs during our last trip for our birthdays. I also made a few ADRs.

10/2 MNSSHP LLT 7:35 pm
10/3 CP 10:05 am GG 7:15 pm
10/4 50s PTC 12:00 pm

July 87 MK/Epcot|Aug 91 MGM/Epcot|Feb 94 FWC/MGM|Oct 01 Ecpot/MGM|Dec 02 ASMo/MVMCP|Oct 05 ASMu & POP/MNSSHP|Dec 05 ASp/MGM/MVMCP||Jan 06 CSR/WP Wedding & Narcoossee's/WL Honeymoon/Epcot/AK/SOA/V&A's|July 06 MK B-day Trip||Nov 06 DTD-RFC||Jun 07 Swan/DTD|Aug 07 POFQ/DPAPP|Oct 07 POP/MNSSHP/F&W|Jan 08 Anniversary Trip POR/SSR/La Nouba|Oct 08 ASMu/MNSSHP|Dec 08 CSR/MVMCP/Epcot-Candlelight|June 09 OKW/AKV/AK/DHS/MK|Oct 09 CSR/MNSSHP/Epcot/DHS|Jan 10 BLT MK/Epcot/DHS|May 10 SSR/MK/AK| Oct 10 CB MNSSHP| Oct 11 AKV MNSSHP| Feb 12 POP | Oct 12 BC MNSSHP | | Feb 13 DCL Wonder| Oct 13 ASM F&W/MNSSHP |Dec 13 AKV | Oct 14 VGF MNSSHP/F&W | Jan 15 VWL/DCL Dream
PookieB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2009, 03:51 PM   #618
mattoxtr
Mouseketeer

I am so ready to get away from reality and get some pixie dust sprinkled on me and see the WDW magic again. We will be there Oct 3 to 8 and going to MNSSHP on 6th & I cannot wait for it to get here.
mattoxtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:52 PM   #619
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkipoo View Post
You're boys still want to go to Disney!
Yes they do and they will be closer to 14 and 17 when we go in October! We are branching out on this trip. We had a family pow-wow last night. Here is the breakdown:

Me = ride wimp...I'm fine watching from the ground so Universal does not really interest me but SeaWorld does as I have never been and love ocean critters.

Hayden (16) = increasingly more daring and brave and is looking for some adventure rides and wants Universal.

Jensen (13) = is somewhere between me and brother. If he sees bro do it once or twice he will cave. He too wants to go to SeaWorld.

Verdict: We are going to buy the SeaWorld/Busch Gardens combo ticket, which includes free transportation to Busch Gardens in Tampa. Hayden will get his thrill rides between the two parks and Jensen and I can wave at him as he goes by!! Plus, the 2 park/unlimited admission during your stay combo ticket is still cheaper than Universal tickets. Some day we will embark upon Universal Studios, just not in October.

I betcha' didn't really want to know all of that !!

Gina
Old 07-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #620
ammeador2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoregon View Post
Yes they do and they will be closer to 14 and 17 when we go in October! We are branching out on this trip. We had a family pow-wow last night. Here is the breakdown:

Me = ride wimp...I'm fine watching from the ground so Universal does not really interest me but SeaWorld does as I have never been and love ocean critters.

Hayden (16) = increasingly more daring and brave and is looking for some adventure rides and wants Universal.

Jensen (13) = is somewhere between me and brother. If he sees bro do it once or twice he will cave. He too wants to go to SeaWorld.

Verdict: We are going to buy the SeaWorld/Busch Gardens combo ticket, which includes free transportation to Busch Gardens in Tampa. Hayden will get his thrill rides between the two parks and Jensen and I can wave at him as he goes by!! Plus, the 2 park/unlimited admission during your stay combo ticket is still cheaper than Universal tickets. Some day we will embark upon Universal Studios, just not in October.

Gina

Looks like everyone will be happy! compromise is a wonderful thing!
Old 07-12-2009, 06:16 PM   #621
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

keep checking!!! thanks to my wonderful friends on the disboards, i found out that after my 90 day window(july 2nd) and my ta being told the F! packages were all gone, it wasn't true!!! i found out last monday night i think by simply stumbling on the thread. we were all told it wasn't loaded into the system, or it was full, etc. last wednesday it was and thanks to everyone here, i called my ta and she managed to book it. keep trying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNO4TE View Post
I can't make an ADR for Spoodles or Kouzzina either. I had to call Disney Dining about something else and the wonderful CM checked into it. Her supervisor said that neither is in the system yet (this was last Wednesday) because they are not certain how long the changeover will take. As soon as they know definitively that Kouzzina will be open it will be made available for booking. At least, that is what I was told!

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec) 2013 kidani, aoa(dec/jan) 2014 pop(feb-race!)
amberg@eastlink.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #622
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberg@eastlink.ca View Post
keep checking!!! keep trying!
Good advice. The online reservation system sure makes the process easier! If I happen to be up at 2:00 am and want to check on an ADR I can!! Just last night I was able to secure a dinner ressie at Sci-fi whereas previously, only lunch slots were open. People change plans and cancel things all the time.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #623
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

congrats!!! i wasn't brave enough to try the online adr's, plus my ta had all my info so she did the work for us. a friend of mine is going a few days before we are and called at 7am, was told no, called back 20 minutes later and sure enough there were ressies for what she wanted!

Quote:
Good advice. The online reservation system sure makes the process easier! If I happen to be up at 2:00 am and want to check on an ADR I can!! Just last night I was able to secure a dinner ressie at Sci-fi whereas previously, only lunch slots were open. People change plans and cancel things all the time.

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec) 2013 kidani, aoa(dec/jan) 2014 pop(feb-race!)
Old 07-12-2009, 07:02 PM   #624
tikkipoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Gina
Of course I did!
Universal is actually a pretty fun place to visit! You'll have to go when Harry Potter Land if finished.

I love Sea World and never feel like I have enough time to see everything I want to. I just get plain exhausted there! I would like to see Busch Gardens too. That'll be a fun trip!
tikkipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 07:50 PM   #625
ammeador2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikkipoo View Post
Of course I did!
Universal is actually a pretty fun place to visit! You'll have to go when Harry Potter Land if finished.

I love Sea World and never feel like I have enough time to see everything I want to. I just get plain exhausted there! I would like to see Busch Gardens too. That'll be a fun trip!
You had me at Harry Potter! Hopefully they will do some cool rides or something. I love Busch Gardens and Sea World, haven''t been there in ages!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #626
trueblue
Earning My Ears

Yay! We just booked our October trip, Oct 8-13 at POFQ. We'll be celebrating our 10 year anniversary and DS 9th birthday. Looking forward to a fun and magical trip!
trueblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #627
TinkAsh2001
DIS Veteran

I cant wait the trip...Anyone started making a packing list yet?! LOL!!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #628
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkAsh2001 View Post
I have one going on in my head, just need to get it on paper!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
DreaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #629
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

i've got atleast three circulating around the house!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkAsh2001 View Post

Old 07-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #630
mickey2minnie1
DIS Veteran

In 2007 I found printable Disney countdown calendars. I cannot remember where I got them from. Does anyone use particular countdowns???

Last time I did the months with the Disney pics on them 2 months out and we crossed off the days. I also got a huge Mickey helium baloon the week of our trip.
Nov/Dec 2010 5 nights at the Poly with my 3 children
June 2010 3 nights at the Poly w/ DH
Oct/Nov 2009 8 nights at the Poly GVCL
Oct/Nov 2007 9 nights at the Poly

Me DH DS 17 DS 14 DD 12 Sebastian 6
mickey2minnie1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: