Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #1651
amberg@eastlink.ca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear8 View Post
For those who are battling the flu in your ouse, I now swear by Oscillococcinum! It is found at CVS, Rite Aid, Walmart, etc. You can print a coupon online from their website. My son got the flu last year and was given one of the flu drugs. DH got it next and he got flu meds too. I gave DD some of the Oscillococcinum as soon as I found it and started myself on it, since she had a dance competition that weekend. DD had a fever one day, felt tired, but was able to dance the weekend. DS was out of it for a week and DH was sick for about 5 days. I never got it!

The medicine comes in a little tube and is similar to small mini candy icecream toppings. They have a slightly sweet taste and dissolve quickly. I think it is safe for kids, but am not 100% sure. (just checked and they make it for kids) http://www.oscillo.com/
If there is any concern, take some of this with you. I know I will have it with us....just in case.

Hope everyone heals quickly.

As for me, I am 8 days out and still feeling like the world is caving in on me. Too many appointments got scheduled this week, but it's too late now. Washer and dryer will be fixed tomorrow, I hope. So at least I can pack some clean clothes.
we did the same, the past month has been jammed with appts. but it made the time pass faster! oh yeah and our brand new dryer(6 weeks old) crapped out last week too! oy. once the repair man got here after a week, they realized that it had blown a fuse( i should say exploded a fuse) on our second fuse/panel. i can honestly say that was all hubbys dept- i didnt even know we had a second box! lol

1985- off site1986- off site2003- off site2004- off site2005- allstar movies!2009- allstar movies!-tenth wedding anny trip! 2010 split stay! asmovies andwl! 2011-bay lake(feb) 2011 ssr(may) 2011 bay lake(dec) 2013 kidani, aoa(dec/jan) 2014 pop(feb-race!)
amberg@eastlink.ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #1652
eeyoregon
I have DDD: Disney Destination DISorder

3 more days!!

DS16 slept thru the night good with little coughing and went to school today. His MRI is tomorrow and a haircut after that. Then I work until 5:00 on Thursday and then we drive 1 hour to the hotel at the airport to spend the night and then off we go at 6:10 AM Friday morning.

I'm really feeling the crunch all of the sudden.

Off to work. Happy packing everyone!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #1653
SnowWhite33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammeador2 View Post
OK I am officially starting to freak out now..I only have 3 more days!! Ah well, I will be happy once we get there!!
Me too-awake at 5AM worrying over every little detail and the "what ifs" are creeping in too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitty View Post
Wow..three days and will be on our way!
Here's wishing us all good times, good health, and good weather!
I'll toast to that and will add that I hope the crowds are bearable for all of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areno79 View Post
Seems like this is the season for sickness. I'm so scared of getting sick, I keep threatening that I'm going to forcibly remove my coworkers if they come in the office with a cough.
I'm driving my coworkers crazy with the lysol and germx, heck I just insulted the fedex guy cause I didn't want to sign using his stylus-do you know how many people touch that thing every day -nope I'm trying to stay healthy.

And many thanks to the poster who posted about oscillococcinum-I printed my coupon and will be picking that up today as well.

Normally I don't act like this, but I don't want to us to be sick the whole time we are there. Here's wishing healthy trips to everyone
Old 09-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #1654
RyeCrimsonMoon
Mouseketeer

Single Digit Dance time!

9 days left! Whoo hoo!

There are confirmed cases of swine flu here on campus, normally I could care less and make fun of people who are freaking out too much. But now that I actually don't want to be sick for something I'm chewing on vitamin C all day lol
Old 09-29-2009, 02:59 PM   #1655
melliemelo
Mouseketeer

The flu is pretty widespread around here too. I can't help but be paranoid about us catching it!! Two of my friends have kids sick with the flu right now. I really, really hope my girls don't get sick before our trip. Or worse, while we are there!! I really just want to stay inside for the next 2-1/2 weeks and avoid everyone!!!

1976 first trip ** 1982 ** 1990 ** 1997 ** 2004 **2009 ** 2011 ** 2013
melliemelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #1656
manntra
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by areno79 View Post
Seems like this is the season for sickness. I'm so scared of getting sick, I keep threatening that I'm going to forcibly remove my coworkers if they come in the office with a cough.
Exactly!!! My coworker is sick (I am hoping it is just fall allergies) and I won't go near him or touch his computer or anything!
I have Airborne in my desk and have been drinking it daily!! Paranoid much!!

Tracy
Old 09-29-2009, 04:40 PM   #1657
ILuvJimny
Mouseketeer

Single digits for us, too!

We leave on the 5th! You are all convincing me to start being more obsessive about the germs to keep the sicknesses away. We are all feeling well, so far, KNOCK ON WOOD!

Here is my last minute pre-trip report.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:23 PM   #1658
slvrspydr
slvrspydr

hi i'm from pa and i leave in 11 days for WDW. we are staying at ASM from Oct. 10 to Oct 17th while at disney we will be celebrating my son's 5th birthday ans brothers 16th. Hope everybody else enjoys their trip
slvrspydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #1659
lacy1101
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoregon View Post
I'm really feeling the crunch all of the sudden.
Me, too, Gina . . . me, too.

Oct. ‘94 Caribbean Beach * Oct. ‘99 All-Star Music * Oct. ’02 All-Star Movies * Oct. ‘05 Pop Century * March ‘08 NSBA Conf. w/DH (2 days off property) * August '08 Pop Century * October ‘09 All-Star Sports * November '10 Caribbean Beach; * Sept. '11 Pop Century * November '11 Wilderness Lodge * November '12 POFQ * October '13 AKV Jambo House 25th Anniversary Trip * November '13 Coronado Springs * October '14 Caribbean Beach (to visit daughter in DCP) * December '14 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas w/daughter in DCP)
lacy1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:21 PM   #1660
DisneyObsessive
DIS Veteran

all this sick talk is making me worried!!! I'm one of those people that gets sick like EVERY WINTER without fail. just hope that it doesn't happen before (or during) our trip!

Days Inn- Thanksgiving, 1988
Port Orleans, French Quarters- Christmas, 1998
Hotel Royal Plaza- July to August, 2003
Vistana Villa Resort- July, 2004
Pop Century (one night), Friends home in Tampa- Star Wars Weekends, May to June 2007
Coronado Springs-January 2009
Pop Century- October 2009
DisneyObsessive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #1661
wifisker
Mouseketeer

We leave for our first WDW vacation this Friday before sunrise! DD (almost 5) and I are really excited but I'm also freaking out. I have a ton of packing to do, double checking the list to be sure I'm not forgetting the itinerary or important documents and stuff, need to check in online still, cancel a couple ADRs I've decided against, decide whether we have enough luggage space for all our clothes and junk with room for souvenirs on the return trip, and so on.

Plus, DD came down with a cold and I'm really hoping it goes away before Friday rather than getting worse for either of us. Please, oh please, let everything go well on our trip!
wifisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:05 PM   #1662
KimRaye
DIS Sponsor*Silver
Still a Late Nite DISer
Just a simple hello
Enjoys a good Yankee Candle night

THIS THREAD NEEDS SOME GET WELL, STAY WELL

KimRaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:12 PM   #1663
nonnasally
forever tink

Thanks Kim, I think you are the one who sent me the pixie dust last week. DH has the MRI tomorrow but at least the back pain hasn't gotten worse. Three weeks left and I am watching this surprise trip run down the tubes! BUT, I never give up Thanks again and good health to all our families!
nonnasally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:56 PM   #1664
eeyoregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvrspydr View Post
hi i'm from pa and i leave in 11 days for WDW. we are staying at ASM from Oct. 10 to Oct 17th while at disney we will be celebrating my son's 5th birthday ans brothers 16th. Hope everybody else enjoys their trip
Hi. I run a fridge swap at the All Stars that just had a cancellation for October 11-15 if you are interested in using a free fridge and coffee maker for those dates. The link to the thread/info is in my signature below.

Are you at the Movies or the Music? Have a great trip! You arrive as we are leaving .

Gina
Old 09-30-2009, 12:08 AM   #1665
eeyoregon

Woo hoo! I just sold my son's trombone that has been collecting dust for 2 years...gotta love Craigslist! That's more $ for WDW!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: