Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2009, 03:47 PM   #1
Fawn
DIS Veteran

Jan 9, 2010 Western Magic

OK, who's going? We are just a small party at this point.

Mom - Joanna
DD - Samantha - 20
DD - Ashleigh - 19

Anyone else?

Fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Yea! I'm so glad you started this. We are first time cruisers, myself Char, hubby Nathan, DS-21 DD-18 DS-13 DS-5 and DS turning 4 on the cruise!
tow-mater-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
Fawn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
Yea! I'm so glad you started this. We are first time cruisers, myself Char, hubby Nathan, DS-21 DD-18 DS-13 DS-5 and DS turning 4 on the cruise!
Hi Char! First time on Disney or first time on any? You are in for a treat! If you have any questions, please ask. I don't always get online a lot, so be patient with me.

We have kids around the same age. They may want to meet up online sometime before cruise...they all seem to love that!

Alright....let's get some cruisers!!

Old 03-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #4
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Hi Joanna, yes this is our first cruise ever! I see you've been on 15, Wow! Yes I will be hitting you up for some tips. I love these boards for that!! That is great that you have kids around the same age. That would be cool if they could meet up on-line. My daughter thinks she will be bored having to hang around us the whole time.lol
Old 03-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #5
Fawn
DIS Veteran

Ask away...we are Disney cruise fanatics, obviously!

Our cruise this year was the first time the girls weren't in the clubs. They were afraid they'd be bored...and I thought maybe this was our last year to go. We ended up having the best time. They got to go to the adult only shows and bars, so it was a brand new vacation for them in a way!

Your kids will love it, Char!

Old 03-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #6
Tatiana
Earning My Ears

Hey guys!

I’m hoping to join you on this cruise, along with my parents. This is our second attempt to cruise, the first was scheduled for Jan 10 ’09, but my mother got diagnosed with cancer and we had to put it off. We’re booked for this cruise, but it is tentative; my mother has gotten rid of her colon cancer, but now she’s getting treatments for liver cancer. Here’s hoping we’ll be with you…

Fawn – I think we were scheduled to be on the last cruise together

Last edited by Tatiana; 03-27-2009 at 08:00 PM.
Tatiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #7
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Welcome Tatiana!
That would be great if your family will be going on this cruise, and a fellow Canadian I see! I'm from London Ont area. We have family in Ottawa, it's one of my favourite cities! Hope all goes well with your mom and we'll pray that she is healthy for the cruise.
Have you cruised before or am I the only newbie? Well, Joanna here is an expert cruiser so I know I'm in good hands... right Joanna!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
Fawn
DIS Veteran

You absolutely are, Char!

Tatiana...so sorry about your Mom...prayers and pixie dust her way!!! Hopefully this year will see you all safe and happy on the cruise together!

So our little crowd grows...s.l.o.w.l.y....

Old 03-29-2009, 09:21 PM   #9
Tatiana
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tow-mater-1 View Post
Welcome Tatiana!
That would be great if your family will be going on this cruise, and a fellow Canadian I see! I'm from London Ont area. We have family in Ottawa, it's one of my favourite cities! Hope all goes well with your mom and we'll pray that she is healthy for the cruise.
Have you cruised before or am I the only newbie?

Hey tow-mater-1! We're new to cruising too, so dont worry, you're not the only newbie

Tatiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 07:23 AM   #10
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Ok...did anyone else wake up to SNOW! ENOUGH ALREADY..geesh! Jan 9th cannot come soon enough!!!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
Fawn
DIS Veteran

No snow, but I honestly can't say I remember a winter I was so "cabin crazy" as this year! It just seems to have gone on forever...and ever...and ever...

I keep looking online, thinking I really wish I could take another cruise sooner! Ah, dreams....

Old 04-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #12
SheriB
Will learn NEVER to ask questions about the Tag Fairies! ;)
Strike 1!!! ;)

I'm so glad someone started a thread for this cruise. This is our second Disney cruise(1st 7 night), and it seems some of us have adult kids the same ages! We are myself, DH, DD22 and DS18. My kids are worried about what they're going to do,even though they had a lot of fun on the last cruise . We are going with my sister, her husband, and their kids, who are 12 and 9. Needless to say, our kids are worlds apart as far as age. We are doing the cruise at this time of year, because we've never been able to before, and both kids will be on winter break from college, so we figured, why not? Hope to talk to you all some more!

Sheri
SheriB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:46 PM   #13
Fawn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriB View Post
I'm so glad someone started a thread for this cruise. This is our second Disney cruise(1st 7 night), and it seems some of us have adult kids the same ages! We are myself, DH, DD22 and DS18. My kids are worried about what they're going to do,even though they had a lot of fun on the last cruise . We are going with my sister, her husband, and their kids, who are 12 and 9. Needless to say, our kids are worlds apart as far as age. We are doing the cruise at this time of year, because we've never been able to before, and both kids will be on winter break from college, so we figured, why not? Hope to talk to you all some more!

Sheri
Welcome, Sheri! This is turning out great for our college age kids! My girls managed to find a couple their age this year, and had a great time. This cruise there are already 6 of them!

Of course, they have just as much fun hanging out with Mom and partying... Mom being so cool and all!

I'm sure they'll want to exchange facebooks/aims/emails before the cruise. Sure is a small world these days!!

Old 04-09-2009, 07:59 AM   #14
tow-mater-1
DIS Veteran

Welcome Sheri, yea more cruisers! My middle son was happy to hear that your sisters kids are his age. He was beginning to feel left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawn View Post
Of course, they have just as much fun hanging out with Mom and partying... Mom being so cool and all!
See now...that's what I keep telling my kids!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #15
Fawn
DIS Veteran

They'd be lost without us, Char! I always tell them there's no way they'd want a stodgy old boring mom.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: