Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #1
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Our Trick AND Treat- DD's Surprise Bday Trip! 11/4 Get Movin'

Hi All!!! I'm back again!

I'm starting a PTR for my next Disney Adventure. This is my first surprise trip and because of that, it's the one I'm most excited about! We are surprising DD with a 5 day trip in October for her 6th bday. She is starting school this year and since we normally travel to Disney at the beginning of Sept, she has been told that we can't pull her out of school to go.

My biggest worry right now is HOW I am going to pull it off. You see, I'm a member of the Disboutiqers and it's really hard to hide custom clothes from your child...especially customs that need to be tried on and are CLEARLY Disney-oriented. But I'm going to try!

Our plan right now is to pick up at school on Oct 23rd and take the evening flight out of Boston. Her bday is the 24th. MNSSHP is scheduled for the 25th! The rest needs to be planned! I just can't wait!

If you are a new reader, I probably should introduce myself

Hi, I'm Kristine. I'm a 32 year old wife/mommy/social worker/scrapbooker/sewer from Boston!

I just returned from a DISmeet trip to Disney in February. If you would like to read about that adventure, check it out:

Sew Much Fun...13 of Cinderella's Mice Head to WDW! TR

If you care to read about my family's other Disney Adventures....check them out here:

The Smith's YES we are going to Disney AGAIN PTR!

Does the Pixie Dust Count if You Don't KNOW about it?

Santa Got me A DISboarder Weekend to the Mouse!

About about an intro to the rest of the gang?

This is my DH and DD from our last Disney trip.

This is DD's beloved Puppy. He comes EVERYWHERE with us and this trip I'm sure won't be an exception...so I better introduce him

He likes to be photographed by the Photopass Photographers

Use a DDP snack credit or two

Flirt with Princesses

He even got into the Halloween Spirit

SOOOO, as you can see...he's as Disney loving as the rest of us!

Last edited by Tnkrbelle565; 11-04-2009 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

A little walk down memory lane...

Here is DD during some previous Bdays!

Actual Bday!

Coming Home!

1st Bday

2nd Bday!

3rd Bday!

4th Bday!

5th Bday!

Last edited by Tnkrbelle565; 03-19-2009 at 08:42 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
jham
DIS Veteran

I'm here! AHA! And I'm first! Now I'll go read...

Awww...lookit little Ash! So cute! I love the photos of photos! And that ghost photo is way cool! Don't all kindergarteners need a new Back to School Disney wardrobe?

Me (Jeanne) DH DD16 DS15 DS11 DD8 Buddy
Old 03-19-2009, 07:20 PM   #4
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Dang it! I wanted to be first! All you cheaters out there!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 03-19-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jham View Post
I'm here! AHA! And I'm first! Now I'll go read...

Awww...lookit little Ash! So cute! I love the photos of photos! And that ghost photo is way cool! Don't all kindergarteners need a new Back to School Disney wardrobe?
Nice job Jeanne!!! Love the Back to School wardrobe idea but she'll be in a uniform. I'm planning on telling her I'm making stuff for all the Disboutiquers girls right now...but I'm not sure how that is going to go over!

I originally took the pics of the pics because Stacy wanted to see them at one point. I think I was talking about how pathetic it is that those are the only "professional" pics I've had taken of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
Dang it! I wanted to be first! All you cheaters out there!

You were really close! And the first one to read first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Awww, Ash is such an adorable little girl!!

I love the Halloween picture, it is so cute!

Thanks LL! She is a cutie...(thank goodness because sometimes that's her saving grace )
Old 03-19-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Got to keep people entertained somehow! How about some pics from the zoo? I will warn you, if you are my friend on Facebook- these are repeats for this Sunday. Sorry!

Old 03-19-2009, 07:44 PM   #8
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

OOPS...sorry I forgot to resize these in Photobucket! They are huge!!! Sorry! But the cool thing is that blown up, I realized that you can see me taking the pics in DD's sunglasses! Proof that I was there! YIPPEE!!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #9
karebear1
BL II - Purple Team
Always misses the big numbers
The pixie dust in the air is totally confusing, but the TF doesn't think you are an airhead! :)

I'm fourth?!?!? ... I thought I was third!! Oh well........! IF I have to follow anyone, I guess i can accept it being Jeanne and Jessica

LadyLally..... nice to meet you!

Your daughter is adorable!!! Halloween is my favorite time- I'm stickin' with this TR!!

(Just want everyone to realize that the ad that's underneath my post right now.... the one that says "My Cellulite Is Gone - read how I did it on my blog".... THAT AD........... IS NOT MINE!!! My cellulite is alive and well right here with me thank you very much!!! LOL!)
'92 offsite, '95 Double Tree; '97 Boardwalk; '98 Holiday Inn; '99 DXL; '01 WL, CS; '03 OKW, Swan; '04 WL, BCV, BWV; Jan. '05- WDW 1/2 Marathon- BCV's, 7-Day DCL Western on the Magic; Nov. '05- BWV's for an all girl trip;December '06- BCV, WL & AKL- Mom and Son trip; September '07- YC, AKV & GF; September '08- BCV; January '09 AKL & BCV SIL Getaway, February '09 CSR & BWV DisBoutique Meet; GF & BCV November '09, 30th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TRIP March '10, Family Reunion CiCi and Henry's 1st trip to WDW at BCV November '10, Cici and Henry's 1st Halloween at WDW BCV October '11 Kate and Mom at BCV November 2012

Old 03-19-2009, 08:34 PM   #10
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Thanks for reading Karen!!!
Old 03-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #11
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

Just found you and subbied!

I read the other February trippie, but didn't comment. Sorry!! I am so jealous of all the cute little girl skirts. I'd so sport one, even if I am going to be 25 this year. I can't sew, at all, though. Sad story.

I love your zoo pictures; you guys looked like you had so much fun!

I'm planning a surprise trip right now, too. Don't tell DH, but I'm just as excited, if not a bit more, about planning this trip than I was our honeymoon. We've never been during Halloween, so I'm really looking forward to that, too!!

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
Old 03-19-2009, 08:43 PM   #12
karebear1
BL II - Purple Team
The pixie dust in the air is totally confusing, but the TF doesn't think you are an airhead! :)

Your welcome Kristine. Are you all going to MNSSHP???
'92 offsite, '95 Double Tree; '97 Boardwalk; '98 Holiday Inn; '99 DXL; '01 WL, CS; '03 OKW, Swan; '04 WL, BCV, BWV; Jan. '05- WDW 1/2 Marathon- BCV's, 7-Day DCL Western on the Magic; Nov. '05- BWV's for an all girl trip;December '06- BCV, WL & AKL- Mom and Son trip; September '07- YC, AKV & GF; September '08- BCV; January '09 AKL & BCV SIL Getaway, February '09 CSR & BWV DisBoutique Meet; GF & BCV November '09, 30th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TRIP March '10, Family Reunion CiCi and Henry's 1st trip to WDW at BCV November '10, Cici and Henry's 1st Halloween at WDW BCV October '11 Kate and Mom at BCV November 2012

Old 03-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #13
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
Just found you and subbied!

I read the other February trippie, but didn't comment. Sorry!! I am so jealous of all the cute little girl skirts. I'd so sport one, even if I am going to be 25 this year. I can't sew, at all, though. Sad story.

I love your zoo pictures; you guys looked like you had so much fun!

I'm planning a surprise trip right now, too. Don't tell DH, but I'm just as excited, if not a bit more, about planning this trip than I was our honeymoon. We've never been during Halloween, so I'm really looking forward to that, too!!

Thanks for reading both!!! I would love to find an occasion where I could pull of a petticoat but I don't know where that would be

How fun about your surprise trip! You're going to love MNSSHP! It was the highlight of our last trip. If you click on my last full TR and skip to the end (page 17ish) you can see my report of last year's MNSSHP.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #14
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karebear1 View Post
Your welcome Kristine. Are you all going to MNSSHP???
Absolutely. It works out well because it's scheduled for the day AFTER Aisling's bday. That way we can do the birthday thing completely on Sat and then do the Halloween thing on Sunday. I'm so excited! I do plan to get to the parks earlier this year though. We didn't get there until right before the party officially started last year and we spent a lot of the party riding rides. I want to get the rides done before 7pm so we have more time to do the party activities.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:37 PM   #15
karebear1
BL II - Purple Team

Don't forget to mske your dinner ADR's asap- they fill up quickly for the evening!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: