Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2009, 10:41 AM   #31
NashvilleTrio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeegrl View Post
Loving your TR...we are pass members for Busch Gardens Williamsburg and have finally splurged for the 2 year platinum since they have such a good monthly payment system. They do not offer the re-ride privaleges here unfortunately, how many times are you allowed to re-ride? I can't wait to go back and we will definantly be taking in BG Tampa...the rides seem very similar but the park is different so it will be a new experience. Your TR makes it all the more exciting! Keep 'em coming!
Nashville is about a 10 hour drive from both Busch parks, so we'll have to get to Williamsburg sometime soon.

You wait in line with everyone else, ride the coaster, then stay in your seat while everyone else is exiting. The ride ops check your pass and then you are allowed to stay on the ride once. If you want to ride again after that, you have to wait in line again, but then you're free to do the re-ride.

What's really nice about the Platinum pass is that the re-ride option applies to front and back rows as well.

Trip Report: Trip Report!!! Busch Gardens and SeaWorld
NashvilleTrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:08 PM   #32
NashvilleTrio
DIS Veteran

Day 3 – March 15 – Seaworld

Since our passes includes all the BEC parks, we decided to make the hour drive and go to Seaworld. So, no extra cost was involved with this decision except a little extra fuel! We grabbed some breakfast at the hotel and left around 7:15am. The drive was fine – uneventful – and the weather was great. We arrived at the parking lot around 8:30am and once again made our way to preferred parking! Such a nice perk. We entered the park and got our pic taken by one of the workers who put us in front of the Seaworld lighthouse which would normally be a great picture, but the sun was right in our eyes and all of us struggled to open them for the pic. I don’t even think we took the time to look at the picture at the end of the day. After a quick bathroom break we headed to KRAKEN and we heard an announcement over the loudspeakers that JOURNEY TO ATLANTIS was closed for technical difficulties.

That was ok with us because we wanted to ride KRAKEN first anyway, and it was still a bit chilly for a water ride. So, we rode KRAKEN a few times and it was great as always. We had not been to SW since about 2001 so it was fun to be back and riding one of the best coasters in the Orlando area!

After riding that we walked through the little cave area at the exit and found some cool theming. There are about 7 or 8 of the Kraken’s “eggs” in there. They’re actually just large, clear ball shaped aquariums with eels in them! There is a sign that says “To avoid angering Kraken, Please do not disturb eggs".

I don’t remember this area from our previous visit – I guess we didn’t take this part of the exit before because you can also walk around to the other side of the cave area and exit there.

By the way, MANTA looks like it’s going to be awesome! The track is finished, but not the station area. We heard that they were testing it the night before we were there. We would’ve loved to have seen it running – oh well, we’ll be back in June to ride it!!!

We checked out the showtimes and made a plan for the day. I knew I wanted to see the Clyde & Seamore and Believe shows, and then anything else was just icing on the cake for me. We decided to hit the first Clyde & Seamore show and headed that direction. We sat kind of high up just so we’d be out of the sun, but we had a great view. Let me tell you, I had read that the mime who comes out before the show is funny, and that is not an understatement. He was HILARIOUS! He just kept targeting people who were walking in and making funny faces or gestures about them. We were all laughing so much – it was great. Try to get to this show about 15 minutes early to see him.

And the actual show was great as well. There were a couple of flubs during the show like the sea lions had a couple of times where they didn’t do the behavior or trick that they were supposed to right on cue, but eventually they got it. We definitely would see this show again.

We stepped out of this show just a couple of minutes before it ended so we could be the crowd to Penguin Encounter.

After this we headed to Shamu Stadium for the Believe show, but we got there a little too late to get the seats we wanted. Josh wanted to sit in the soak zone and I wanted to be up close as well. So, we decided to go beat the lunch crowds and go ahead and eat lunch. We headed over to the Spice Mill Restaurant back over by the Sky Tower and got some burgers. They were really good burgers – and big too. The fries were good and covered in seasoning salt. We also got some fresh strawberries and a cheesecake also. Yummy! Sorry, no pics…

Continued in next post...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2009, 05:33 PM   #33
NashvilleTrio
DIS Veteran

After lunch we watched the Pets Ahoy show - this is really cute, especially if you’re a dog or cat lover. We got great seats on the center aisle and really enjoyed this show.

Next we got on the Sky Tower which for us was free with our platinum passes. I think it’s normally $3 a person. We had about a 15 minute wait for this – I guess we just missed getting on the previous ride. This is a great way to get a fantastic view of the park. And we could even see parts of WDW – we saw Spaceship Earth, Space Mountain, and the Swan & Dolphin resort. Very cool. And we could see the killer whales at Shamu stadium swimming around in their tanks.

Aquatica Water Park...

We finally made it back to the Believe show and got there about an hour early. However, they didn’t let anyone in the stadium until about 35 minutes before the show time. While we waited, we had a Shamu pretzel.

We got a great seat just a little left of center and about 6 rows from the front. Here’s a pic of Greg & Josh as we were waiting. (Notice the “gold digger” behind them.)

This show was fantastic. But I’ve always had a fascination with and interest in orcas, so I may be a little biased. To be honest, this show turned me into a blubbering idiot. From the introductory video to the end, I was so teary eyed. Greg was laughing at me and I was laughing at myself. But if you haven’t seen this show, I definitely would recommend it. I loved it!

More in next post...

Old 03-29-2009, 05:58 PM   #34
NashvilleTrio
DIS Veteran

Day 3 Continued...
After the Believe show it was back to JTA since we hadn’t had a chance to ride it yet. This was as fun as we remembered and it was the first ride for Josh since he was only 18 months old the last time we were here. We did use our re-ride privilege for this which was awesome! We just stayed in our seats and actually got sent through without any other people getting in our boat!! Yay!!! We didn’t get hardly wet at all on any of the times we rode this. We always got the last two rows and just barely got a few splashes. And the last 15 seconds of the ride is the best!!! Once again, I don’t want to spoil it for anyone who hasn’t ridden it yet. You can PM if you want to know more…
We took a picture of our ride picture but there was a lot of glare...

Greg turned around and took this picture at the end of the ride just before the exit...

We love the aquarium next to the exit gift shop here. Especially the see through floor – that’s so cool!

Josh was itching to spend some of his money, so he decided on the trampoline jump. He got $1 off the price with our pass so it was $7 for 2 minutes. He didn’t think 2 minutes was long enough, but by the time that 2 minutes was over he was exhausted!! He likes doing the flips on this, but still hasn’t mastered the forward flip.

Shark Attack was neat – we got to see several sharks swimming overhead as we “rode” through the underwater tunnel on the people mover.

Here are some cool underwater shots from Stingray Reef. Greg was really proud of himself when we remembered the new camera was waterproof and stuck the camera into the tank for some cool pics.

On our way out, we stopped and saw the manatees, the underwater dolphin viewing, and the turtles.

We had a great day at Seaworld and we're looking forward to our return trip in June! Thanks again for reading and stay tuned for our final installment!

Last edited by NashvilleTrio; 03-29-2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:25 PM   #35
donaldsgal
First row for Tower of Terror, Rock-n-Roller Coaster, and Space Mountain please!

Loving the TR. I especially liked the SW part since we're visiting SW on May 7. Glad it was such a fun trip for you!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #36
snoopybabe
Mouseketeer

Great TR. Awesome pictures & it sounds like you all have some fantastic memories. We love having platinum passes.

Now I have to figure out how to get down there this summer. Have a great trip in June. I hope you'll post a trip report from then too.
snoopybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:08 PM   #37
Jonny_Duck
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the TR....I am now planning a trip to Busch because of it. Considering getting a year pass or just the year pass. Any idea if they allow you to upgrade to a platinum if you have an only Busch year round pass?
Jonny_Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:56 PM   #38
Sailing Queen
Earning My Ears

What great pictures !! Was asking on UK thread re Busch Gardens as never been. We are so going now !! And can't wait to go back to Seaworld after seeing your pics. Do you need to go to Busch for 2 days or is 1 ok ? So much to pack in on our 2 weeks, but want rest days as well
2009 Offsite Villa
2009 DLRP Offsite Magic Circus
2012 Offsite Windsor Hills
2015 Onsite OKW & HRH
Sailing Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 01:58 PM   #39
vossjemi
I LUV 2 Travel!!!

Very enjoyable trip report! We'll be in Tampa first of June. While I'd love to go to Busch Gardens, I'm not so sure the kids will actually enjoy it. I have to practically "make" them ride rides at theme parks. I don't know why they are so squeamish, but they just won't do anything they perceive as scary. And, we've had so so luck on "trying" rides...some they like, some they come off crying mad I "made" them try it once. They are 7 and 9, you'd think they'd be a little more thrill seekers like Mom & Dad. But, not so. We do plan to go to Seaworld, and I understand there is a combo pass that we could use to go to both parks that isn't much more than a 1 day pass, so I'm tempted to do both, but I just hate to waste 2 days begging them to try stuff when I could be relaxing on the beach. LOL
vossjemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:46 PM   #40
NashvilleTrio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailing Queen View Post
What great pictures !! Was asking on UK thread re Busch Gardens as never been. We are so going now !! And can't wait to go back to Seaworld after seeing your pics. Do you need to go to Busch for 2 days or is 1 ok ? So much to pack in on our 2 weeks, but want rest days as well
You can probably squeeze Busch Gardens into a single day, but you'll really want to be there at park opening if you're doing only one day.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:52 PM   #41
NashvilleTrio
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vossjemi View Post
Very enjoyable trip report! We'll be in Tampa first of June. While I'd love to go to Busch Gardens, I'm not so sure the kids will actually enjoy it. I have to practically "make" them ride rides at theme parks. I don't know why they are so squeamish, but they just won't do anything they perceive as scary. And, we've had so so luck on "trying" rides...some they like, some they come off crying mad I "made" them try it once. They are 7 and 9, you'd think they'd be a little more thrill seekers like Mom & Dad. But, not so. We do plan to go to Seaworld, and I understand there is a combo pass that we could use to go to both parks that isn't much more than a 1 day pass, so I'm tempted to do both, but I just hate to waste 2 days begging them to try stuff when I could be relaxing on the beach. LOL
I think you're kids could have a good time doing: Land of the Dragons (kid's play area), Lory Landing (bird feeding), Stanleyville Falls (log flume), Jungala (kid's play area), Sky/Train Ride around park, Rhino Rally (Land Rover through Serengeti), Edge of Africa (Lions, Hippos, Fish, etc) and Myombe Reserve (Apes and Chimpanzees).

There are additional kid friendly rides in Timbuktu and Congo, but that give you an idea for the 7-9 year olds.

However, I do understand wanting to have a rest day, but I always save that for my desk job when I return to work.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:03 PM   #42
vossjemi
I LUV 2 Travel!!!

Thanks for your response nashville. Yeah, I rest at work too! LOL We do have a couple things planned in Tampa...like taking the ferry from Honeymoon Island to Caladesi Island 1 day & going down to St. John's Pass near Madeira Beach and doing a Pirate ship excursion on another. And with Seaworld that is 3 busy days with a beach day thrown in between since our condo is right on the beach. I'm still considering BG...I may pull up this website and show the kids all your pictures to see if its something they want to try. THanks!
vossjemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #43
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

Great report. Thanks for sharing. Great pictures!
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/7/14-8/23/14 -15 nts POP
MelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:52 PM   #44
NashvilleTrio
DIS Veteran

Sorry for the delay, but I'm back with the final installment of this trip report. By the way, I hope everyone had a Blessed Easter yesterday!

Our final day was back at Busch Gardens on March 16. We had an 11 hour drive back to Nashville and had planned to leave Tampa around noon, but we were having so much fun, we ended up not leaving until about 2:30! But it all worked out fine. It was a LONG drive home, but Greg did most of the driving while Josh & I got to sleep.

Most of what we did on our final day was just repeats of the earlier days, so I'm just going to post some pics and let them mostly speak for themselves.

Here are a few pics from the hotel pool showing Greg again having some fun with our waterproof camera.

Ok, back to BG pictures...

Well, that's it! I hope everyone enjoyed our report. Please feel free to ask questions! Happy Spring to all!
-melissa

Old 04-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #45
LiamsDISMom
Mouseketeer

Loved your report. We are platinum members as well, (we live near williamsburg) and are planning on going for the first time in Sept.(well at least in almost ten years) to SW and BG. I did not know about the re-ride prviledge. I do not think we have that here in BG Wil., although I do intend to check next time to be sure. So you used that at BG as well as SW? Also noticed the free sky tower was included with pass. Are there any other perks or discounts we should know about before we go?
LiamsDISMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: