Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #646
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCookie View Post
I was worried all this time about rain once I arrived at DL, but looks like snow in Chicago might stop me from even being able to get to DL
Oh no! Really??

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 01:15 AM   #647
3TinksAndAnEeyore
DIS Veteran

We're here! I'll be doing some sort of trip report later, but these are a fewof the highlights so far:

Our Southwest flight from Sacramento to LAX was delayed for over an hour due to weather back East. We asked about the possibility of taking the earlier flight into Orange County instead and because our flight was delayed they changed us for no charge! This got us to the DLH two to three hours before we anticipated.

The downside to this was that one of our bags didn't make the flight and we are still waiting on it. Supposedly, it's now on it's way.

We ate dinner at Rainforest and it was swamped! The timing worked out that we put our names in while the fireworks were going off. DTD quickly became mobbed about tento fifteen minutes later as DL closed early for the Cast Member party. We enjoyed our dinner, but made a quick retreat when we were through to return to our room, unpack, and get the kids down before our early start tomorrow.

The vest part of the day (other than just being here)? We were upgraded from a standard room at the DLH to an upper view DTD view!
Upcoming: WDW POR Feb 2015; Completed: DL December '11 & '12 Daytrips, DLR Solo Trip Nov 2010 (Stovall's), DLR September 2010 (GCH), DL Feb 2010 (daytrip), DLR December 2009 (DLH), DLR January 2008 (daytrip), DLR November 2007 (daytrip), DLR October 2007 (GCH), DLR June 2004 (DLH), WDW October 2000 (VDI), Disneyland October 1996 (ES), my GradNight June 1988, DB's (now DH for 18 years!) GradNight June 1987, Band Trip (played on Main Street with DrumLine!) Spring 1987, too many Daytrips to count starting in 1970

Last edited by 3TinksAndAnEeyore; 12-09-2009 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Weird previous paste from another thread showed up in my current post
3TinksAndAnEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2009, 07:46 AM   #648
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TinksAndAnEeyore View Post
We're here! I'll be doing some sort of trip report later, but these are a fewof the highlights so far:

Our Southwest flight from Sacramento to LAX was delayed for over an hour due to weather back East. We asked about the possibility of taking the earlier flight into Orange County instead and because our flight was delayed they changed us for no charge! This got us to the DLH two to three hours before we anticipated.

The downside to this was that one of our bags didn't make the flight and we are still waiting on it. Supposedly, it's now on it's way.

We ate dinner at Rainforest and it was swamped! The timing worked out that we put our names in while the fireworks were going off. DTD quickly became mobbed about tento fifteen minutes later as DL closed early for the Cast Member party. We enjoyed our dinner, but made a quick retreat when we were through to return to our room, unpack, and get the kids down before our early start tomorrow.

The vest part of the day (other than just being here)? We were upgraded from a standard room at the DLH to an upper view DTD view!
YEAH! Sounds like your vacation is off to a wonderful start. I'll look forward to your trip report - whatever kind it is. Here's hoping you bag has found you...
tksbaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:14 AM   #649
3TinksAndAnEeyore
DIS Veteran

The bag did arrive last night - around 11:00! DTD is very shiny and clean looking from it's nightly washdown. There's some sort of compressor noise coming from outside. I'm not certain from where. It's not overly bothersome to anyone in my family, but it probably would be to light sleepers.

The beds are SOOOO comfortable!
Upcoming: WDW POR Feb 2015; Completed: DL December '11 & '12 Daytrips, DLR Solo Trip Nov 2010 (Stovall's), DLR September 2010 (GCH), DL Feb 2010 (daytrip), DLR December 2009 (DLH), DLR January 2008 (daytrip), DLR November 2007 (daytrip), DLR October 2007 (GCH), DLR June 2004 (DLH), WDW October 2000 (VDI), Disneyland October 1996 (ES), my GradNight June 1988, DB's (now DH for 18 years!) GradNight June 1987, Band Trip (played on Main Street with DrumLine!) Spring 1987, too many Daytrips to count starting in 1970
Old 12-09-2009, 09:51 AM   #650
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

3TinksAndAnEeyore, your trip sounds like it's been great so far!

I am leaving in just a few minutes, myself! (Yes, I managed to get my LGMH. )
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:43 AM   #651
Bill Brown
December Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 goofy family View Post
Thank you! We're going to take the longer route and enjoy the scenery. It'll be nice not to have to stress about what the weather will be like too.

I can't believe December is here already! To all that are going to DL soon, have a wonderful trip.
Yesterday, the weather was perfect for the drive from Anaheim to Clovis via 101, 154 and 41. The scenery was postcard perfect, clear sunny skies, waves lapping on the beaches with palm trees in the foreground and the scent of eucalyptus trees in the air. I'd about forgotten how beautiful our coast is in California.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:41 AM   #652
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
Yesterday, the weather was perfect for the drive from Anaheim to Clovis via 101, 154 and 41. The scenery was postcard perfect, clear sunny skies, waves lapping on the beaches with palm trees in the foreground and the scent of eucalyptus trees in the air. I'd about forgotten how beautiful our coast is in California.
You always take thing for granted that are right there all the time.... but the California coast.... the most beautiful place in the world in my opinion!! we LOVE the drive along the coast.... you are lucky to live so close to it!

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #653
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3TinksAndAnEeyore View Post

Awesome!! did you manage to get a newly decorated room? or were you lucky enough to stay one more time with a balcony? If I were staying there now, I think I'd ask to stay in an older room first, then a new room to see the difference! lol... a bit obsessed....
EEEE I just noticed my countdown....only 2 and a half weeks to go for us!! gleeeeee....

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:27 AM   #654
QueenDoOver
Dis Diva

Hi Everyone,
Just thought I would let you all know that I have an extra HOJO kids suite reserved for Dec 17-24th that I am going to release, probably today, if I can manage the time.

With the Annual Pass discount and the Entertainment rate for some of the time, the rate was $109 per night.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #655
Bill Brown
December Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
You always take thing for granted that are right there all the time.... but the California coast.... the most beautiful place in the world in my opinion!! we LOVE the drive along the coast.... you are lucky to live so close to it!
Will have more time to enjoy what's so close to home having joined the retired crowd, now.
Bill Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:22 AM   #656
3TinksAndAnEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
Awesome!! did you manage to get a newly decorated room? or were you lucky enough to stay one more time with a balcony? If I were staying there now, I think I'd ask to stay in an older room first, then a new room to see the difference! lol... a bit obsessed....
EEEE I just noticed my countdown....only 2 and a half weeks to go for us!! gleeeeee....
We have one of the old rooms and while I would have liked to have checked out the decor, I'm glad for the chance to experience the balcony and old decor one last time. In fact, as I type this on my iPhone, Im lying in bed and have the windows wide open. I'm listening to Fantasmic! in the background while waiting for the fireworks to start. Luckily the DDs are sound sleepers in addition to being exhausted after pretty much going non-stop for two days in a row.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #657
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

I just printed my park hopper passes! It seem so real now
Old 12-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #658
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

We leave on Friday for 4 days at DLR. Last night DH says "I took all next week off...why don't we stay two more days? Heck, lets stay onsite!!" YAY!!!

So I promptly booked 2 nights at DLH for next Monday and Tuesday nights! We will be at the Hampton Inn & Suites for Fri-Mon, then move to DLH until Wed.!! We've never stayed onsite before. We ended up with Resort/Pool view rooms on the AP special rate!

Now I have even more to get done before our trip, so I'm not wrapping presents at midnight on Xmas eve!!!...Gotta go..work to do!!!

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:35 PM   #659
Cesilie
One half of the Disney Duo :)

we're off tomorrow after finals to drive down and spend all day thursday there!! I'm so excited! Our trip almost didn't happen!!
Cesilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:34 PM   #660
tksbaskets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Minnies1Mickey View Post
We leave on Friday for 4 days at DLR. Last night DH says "I took all next week off...why don't we stay two more days? Heck, lets stay onsite!!" YAY!!!

So I promptly booked 2 nights at DLH for next Monday and Tuesday nights! We will be at the Hampton Inn & Suites for Fri-Mon, then move to DLH until Wed.!! We've never stayed onsite before. We ended up with Resort/Pool view rooms on the AP special rate!

Now I have even more to get done before our trip, so I'm not wrapping presents at midnight on Xmas eve!!!...Gotta go..work to do!!!
WAHOO

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: