Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #631
goldies 5
DIS Veteran

RangerRebel, the park will be busy on Sunday the 6th because of the Candlelight Processional held there that day.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #632
Kittyskyfish
Wee little ears...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerRebel View Post
Just found these forums and they're great! We'll be in DL from Dec. 6th to 9th and staying at the Castle Inn and Suites.

We were planning on going to DL on Sunday then taking a day off on Monday to do some sightseeing then back to the park Tuesday. Is DL A LOT more busy on Sunday than Monday or Tuesday? Would it be better to do the sightseeing on Sunday and then hit DL on Monday and Tuesday?
Well, this coming Sunday should be very busy because it's only blocked off for Southern California Select passholders - meaning that all the other AP holders can go. But Sunday's park hours are 8-midnight and that means more bang for your buck going that day - plus Fantasmic is going on 2x that evening.

Monday and Tuesday close at 6:00 p.m. with no Fantasmic. It will be less crowded than Sunday but lately it seems that less crowded days are still pretty busy.

Fireworks are scheduled for all evenings.

So, if you want to hang out in the park at night with all the Christmas lights on and want to see Fantasmic, then doing Sunday would be a must. Monday and Tuesday you'll only see the lights for a bit before the park closes.

Did that help any? Welcome, btw!!
Kittyskyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #633
Kittyskyfish
Wee little ears...

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldies 5 View Post
RangerRebel, the park will be busy on Sunday the 6th because of the Candlelight Processional held there that day.
Oohhh...I forgot about that...
Kittyskyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:12 PM   #634
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerRebel View Post
Just found these forums and they're great! We'll be in DL from Dec. 6th to 9th and staying at the Castle Inn and Suites.

We were planning on going to DL on Sunday then taking a day off on Monday to do some sightseeing then back to the park Tuesday. Is DL A LOT more busy on Sunday than Monday or Tuesday? Would it be better to do the sightseeing on Sunday and then hit DL on Monday and Tuesday?
You're the list! Have a wonderful time!
Old 12-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #635
Bill Brown
December Guest

Park Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
Monday and Tuesday close at 6:00 p.m. with no Fantasmic.
Good info to know. I wasn't aware the park ever closed that early. I was thinking the earliest closings were at 8 p.m. Guess it wouldn't hurt to check the Disney website calendar for park hours.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #636
RangerRebel
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittyskyfish View Post
Oohhh...I forgot about that...
Thanks for the prompt responses!

So I take it we should try and stay away Sunday then? LOL You're right about having more time in the evening on Sunday though to enjoy all the Christmas lights etc. but if it's going to be a nut house because of the Candlelight Processional then maybe we should go Monday instead. Decisions, decisions. I see that California Adventure is still open late on Mon/Tues so we could still head over there after DL closes if we still have the energy. We're with our 5 year old so he'll probably (hopefully) be winding down around the time DL closes anyway.
RangerRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #637
goldies 5
DIS Veteran

I would definetely do Monday and or Tuesday over Sunday in your situation. Sunday will be a much easier day to navigate Southern CA. Sunday is only less crowded at Dl after the processional, which in your case would limit your time of low crowds. With a 5 year old that equals stress and crabiness. Monday and Tuesday close early for cast parties. I personally love these days because it has always been very manageable for us. You will still enjoy the lights and parade. Fireworks I am pretty sure run too. It is nice to have the option to go to CA park also.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #638
1 goofy family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
I've driven to the L.A. area about once every couple of years. I've never encountered any serious traffic delays, so the online map estimates were pretty accurate. Last few times, I used a GPS and its estimated arrival time was accurate, too. This year I have a newer model GPS, which includes a traffic/detour alert feature. Will see how well it works on this trip.
Thank you! We're going to take the longer route and enjoy the scenery. It'll be nice not to have to stress about what the weather will be like too.

I can't believe December is here already! To all that are going to DL soon, have a wonderful trip.
1 goofy family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:55 PM   #639
ImTooExcitedToSleep
Disneyland Correspondent for The DIS UnpluggedI'll try to pop in later
Doh! Yeah, that one

We're gonna be there (again) this weekend (5th & 6th). We have reservations at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel....but I'm still looking at other options.
ImTooExcitedToSleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 06:20 PM   #640
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted

The new Villa's!

We are booked for our first New Year's Eve at Disneyland in the new villas @ the Grand CA. Not too sure about the New Years Eve but we will have a good hiding spot if it gets to be too much for us.
Officially we are there from Dec 30th to Jan 2nd!
If anyone has found out, do you think they will still be selling Candy Canes that late? The ones they hand make on Main St.?
Later!
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
SueTGGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:15 PM   #641
Bill Brown
December Guest

Exclamation Grapevine closed 7 December 2009

ABC News - Fresno link
Enjoyed another long weekend at DLR (3-7 December), mostly sunny and cool, 'cept for today. Today, cold rain for most of the day and very short lines for all open attractions. Lost my cell in DCA on Friday afternoon, DCA Lost & Found recovered it, undamaged, Sunday afternoon. Will drive back to Clovis via the coastal route due to snow and ice on the Grapevine, tomorrow morning.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #642
1 goofy family
Mouseketeer

Glad you had a good time, Bill. Sounds like you avoided most of the bad weather, hope your trip back home is an easy one!
1 goofy family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:45 AM   #643
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
ABC News - Fresno link
Enjoyed another long weekend at DLR (3-7 December), mostly sunny and cool, 'cept for today. Today, cold rain for most of the day and very short lines for all open attractions. Lost my cell in DCA on Friday afternoon, DCA Lost & Found recovered it, undamaged, Sunday afternoon. Will drive back to Clovis via the coastal route due to snow and ice on the Grapevine, tomorrow morning.
I saw on the news they had closed the grapevine in both directions! I wonder how much snow they will get overnight.... will be watching in the am!

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #644
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

The thing with the Grapevine is, they close it when it's too icy or snowy period. They don't try to say "use chains" or regulate it in any other way (like they do in the Sierra's), they just close it. Unfortunately sometimes you don't know until too late. Luckily there is a phone number so we will be calling it when we leave, but since we will be driving thru before it's too late we are hoping it's open for us. Just a few more days!!

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #645
DisCookie
Mouseketeer

I was worried all this time about rain once I arrived at DL, but looks like snow in Chicago might stop me from even being able to get to DL

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: