Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2009, 03:14 PM   #616
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
On www.weather.com I've found "Grapevine, CA" and "Lebec, CA" will provide the weather forecast for the Grapevine. Just looked and the 3 December forecast is for mostly sunny, 37F low, 60F high.
this is what we check...nothing like a visual to really get the idea of what's going on! you can even get this on your Iphone if you have one, so you can see what's going on while you are on your way there! I have it as a bookmark in my yahoo page, which I open with Safari on my Iphone. Grapevine is toward the bottom...there is some snow today, but looks like the roads are all clear
Oh! and the Hojo's webcam is on there too!!
and the wunderground weather links....

http://www.medfordfuel.com/Medford_F...California.htm

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:16 PM   #617
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

Latest update for my trip (and a ton of folks'!). I honestly doubt there will be much rain by the time the forecast shakes out, but I read somewhere that on average in December there is rain for every 1 day in 5, so maybe we'll get some crowd-scaring rain at least one of our days. (Preferably a weekend day, as far as I am concerned. )

Wednesday, Dec 9 - Sun and some clouds
Thursday, Dec 10 - Considerable clouds
Friday, Dec 11 - Mostly cloudy
Saturday, Dec 12 - Mostly cloudy with a shower
Sunday, Dec 13 - Cloudy with a shower

Anyone who's leaving now or soon, have a wonderful and safe trip!
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #618
forcemejure
Earning My Ears

Can we join in?

My son (age 7) and I will be at the GCV 26th-30th. We are waitlisted to add the 30th-2nd, but have planned a backup at the Hyatt OC if that doesn't come through.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:12 PM   #619
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcemejure View Post
My son (age 7) and I will be at the GCV 26th-30th. We are waitlisted to add the 30th-2nd, but have planned a backup at the Hyatt OC if that doesn't come through.

Of course!! You're added to the list!!

It's on page 35, everyone!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:58 AM   #620
Leofoenget
DIS Veteran

Seems like the weather forcast changes everyday. Yesterday it was cloudy cloudy cloudy, and now it's rain rain rain. I don't think it knows what it's doing.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:30 AM   #621
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

And today there's only clouds and a few showers/drizzles possible predicted for 12/2 - 12/15! If Sunday, 12/13's high of 71 keeps up (or even gets warmer) I reckon that's going to be a real busy day. If so, it will be JUST like my last Christmas trip (the week before Thanksgiving)...we left the Sunday of Thanksgiving week and DL was getting so crowded, I was ALMOST glad to be going home after a delightful trip. (Note the qualifier "almost." )
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:24 AM   #622
1 goofy family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I check the forecasts to get an idea of what the weather may be, but always keep in mind that the weather could suddenly change. My primary concern is weather on the Grapevine, Thursday. I plan to drive that route. I would change to a longer coastal drive (260 vs 375 miles) if the Grapevine were to be closed due to snow, which occasionally happens this time of year. However, I will get to DL, 3 December, one way or another.
Yikes! We are driving from Disneyland to Fresno at the end of the month. We planned to leave DL at around 10:00am and drive on the I-5 through the Grapevine. In my perfect googlemaps world we were to arrive in Fresno at around 3:00pm.

If the weather is bad that day, how do I take this alternate coastal route?
1 goofy family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:22 AM   #623
Bill Brown
December Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 goofy family View Post
If the weather is bad that day, how do I take this alternate coastal route?
Enter your start and destination using http://maps.yahoo.com/, which will initially show your route over the Grapevine. Click on the highlighted purple route and drag it from Bakersfield on over to San Luis Obispo. Your coastal drive via 41 to Fresno will be plotted in the blink of an eye. I'm taking that route back home just to see a bit of coastal scenery.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:55 AM   #624
roxy72
Mouseketeer

OP, do you mind adding me to the list? My father and I have confirmed our plans..We will be visiting from Dec 19-21.
roxy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #625
lawyergirl22
Mouseketeer

here now

We arrived late saturday and its been great. Crowds on sunday, but monday and today so far are great! Weather is PERFECT! Decorations are beautiful. Check back later about to hit TSMM(only a 12 min wait)
lawyergirl22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #626
Bill Brown
December Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyergirl22 View Post
We arrived late saturday and its been great. Crowds on sunday, but monday and today so far are great! Weather is PERFECT! Decorations are beautiful. Check back later about to hit TSMM(only a 12 min wait)
Thanks for the update. Woke up at 3 this morning, too excited to sleep and I still have till Thursday until I get there.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #627
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyergirl22 View Post
Yaaaay!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #628
1 goofy family
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Enter your start and destination using http://maps.yahoo.com/, which will initially show your route over the Grapevine. Click on the highlighted purple route and drag it from Bakersfield on over to San Luis Obispo. Your coastal drive via 41 to Fresno will be plotted in the blink of an eye. I'm taking that route back home just to see a bit of coastal scenery.
Thanks Bill! I think we'll take this route anyway, it's just a few more hours and it does look like a nice drive.

If we were to leave DL at around 10:00am, is the 6 hour drive time estimate realistic? I know traffic in the L.A. area can be nasty, I'm not sure how to allow for this.
1 goofy family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:13 PM   #629
RangerRebel
Earning My Ears

Just found these forums and they're great! We'll be in DL from Dec. 6th to 9th and staying at the Castle Inn and Suites.

We were planning on going to DL on Sunday then taking a day off on Monday to do some sightseeing then back to the park Tuesday. Is DL A LOT more busy on Sunday than Monday or Tuesday? Would it be better to do the sightseeing on Sunday and then hit DL on Monday and Tuesday?
RangerRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #630
Bill Brown
December Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 goofy family View Post
If we were to leave DL at around 10:00am, is the 6 hour drive time estimate realistic? I know traffic in the L.A. area can be nasty, I'm not sure how to allow for this.
I've driven to the L.A. area about once every couple of years. I've never encountered any serious traffic delays, so the online map estimates were pretty accurate. Last few times, I used a GPS and its estimated arrival time was accurate, too. This year I have a newer model GPS, which includes a traffic/detour alert feature. Will see how well it works on this trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: