Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #586
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!
 
prettyprincessbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 5,246

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
What is on the animal style fries? *gets out list, adds neopolitan shake* lol...
Just watching the Macy's parade live right now...getting me very excited for another trip to the wonderful USA! You guys RoCk!! :-) oh oh Mickey just floated by!!


Neapolitan shake is yummmy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemermaid View Post
Animal Style fries are fries with grilled onions, "secret sauce" (kind of like thousand island dressing), and melted cheddar cheese...so yummy!
YES! MY favorite! Sometimes I just order this because I can get full with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
So I'm doing the "fewer than 2 weeks" dance! Accuweather.com currently predicts rain and cold on Wednesday 12/9 and Thursday 12/10!

I honestly haven't been in the rain for over 10 years. I was actually cheering for rain for a few days of the trip, to keep the crowds down!

But how does rain affect outdoor entertainment? I'm assuming Tiana's show wouldn't run . What about fireworks/parades/Fantasmic? How likely do you think it will rain all 5 days?

And what do you think the odds are that those rainy days would go ahead and move back to Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? Because that would be totally awesome, since those are the days that would likely be more crowded if all things are equal.
Last week accuweather had our dates for rain too (we leave a week before you), but now it's just cloudy. So just keep checking.

I know if it's raining too much instead of the regular parade they have a Character Cavalcade and they stuff all the characters in the Main Street vehicles and they ride down the parade route. I'm pretty sure the fireworks still run as long as it's not windy. I'm not sure about Fantasmic! though.
__________________
Courtney
prettyprincessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #587
Donald's Fan in PHX!
She can't make it, but its fun to watch her try
 
Donald's Fan in PHX!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: "Valley of the Sun" PHX, AZ
Posts: 240

Heading to Disneyland Dec. 19th - 21st, Grand Californian Villas!!! Woo Hoo
__________________

Steve K
Grand Californian 05 02All Star Movies 01 04Off-Site DLR 06 04All Star Movies 09 05Paradise Pier 12 06Pop Century 02 08
Joined DVC AKV 02 08Grand Californian 09 08Off-Site DLR 12 08DVC SSR & AKV 01 09DVC AKV 09 09Grand Californian 12 09
Paradise Pier 05 10Disneyland Hotel 08 10GrandCalifornian 12 10Grand Californian 08 11DVC AKV 09 11Grand Californian 12 11
Donald's Fan in PHX! is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-26-2009, 06:13 PM   #588
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!
 
prettyprincessbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 5,246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald's Fan in PHX! View Post
Heading to Disneyland Dec. 19th - 21st, Grand Californian Villas!!! Woo Hoo


You're on the list!!!
__________________
Courtney
prettyprincessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:19 PM   #589
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth
 
Eeee-va's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,501

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post

Last week accuweather had our dates for rain too (we leave a week before you), but now it's just cloudy. So just keep checking.

I know if it's raining too much instead of the regular parade they have a Character Cavalcade and they stuff all the characters in the Main Street vehicles and they ride down the parade route. I'm pretty sure the fireworks still run as long as it's not windy. I'm not sure about Fantasmic! though.
Thank you very much for the info! Yeah, you're right that I'm wrong to get my hopes up/down for rain with a 15-day forecast, LOL. Oh well!
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:23 AM   #590
Leofoenget
DIS Veteran
 
Leofoenget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
So I'm doing the "fewer than 2 weeks" dance! Accuweather.com currently predicts rain and cold on Wednesday 12/9 and Thursday 12/10!

I honestly haven't been in the rain for over 10 years. I was actually cheering for rain for a few days of the trip, to keep the crowds down!

But how does rain affect outdoor entertainment? I'm assuming Tiana's show wouldn't run . What about fireworks/parades/Fantasmic? How likely do you think it will rain all 5 days?

And what do you think the odds are that those rainy days would go ahead and move back to Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? Because that would be totally awesome, since those are the days that would likely be more crowded if all things are equal.
I am going to be there 12/10-11 and it would totally suck if it rained! No Fantasmic No Fireworks! If it really is going to rain I may cancel my trip as I am going alone just me and my 5 year old and I do NOT want rain!
__________________
Janette
Leofoenget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:08 AM   #591
Sleepless Knight
Jedi Knight Seeking His Jedi Princess
There's a time and a place for each
 
Sleepless Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Riding Out of the Dawn
Posts: 1,937

Random things I've learned about rain at Disney:

1. The parks tend to be a lot less crowded. Most people either go home or back to their hotel rooms. If you've got jackets and that sort of thing, enjoy the lower crowds.

2. I would stay away from any outdoor roller coaster. The raindrops hitting your face combined with speed of the roller coaster is not fun, especially California Screamin'.

3. Disney will do everything they can to run the parade. On one occasion it rained so hard, they warned the crowd over the loudspeakers that they may have to cancel A Christmas Fantasy. Well, the rain let up long enough to start the parade before the rain returned with a vengeance. Disney literally pulled the minor characters (snowmen and such) off the parade, had the beloved Disney characters get underneath cover on the floats, and gave uncovered characters (Ariel in mermaid form) an umbrella. And then the parade literally continued (albeit in a much faster form) so guests could see the characters.

4. Fireworks and Fantasmic depend completely on the rain. Just because it rains during the day doesn't mean that will automatically cancel the fireworks. It's going to depend more on how much it's raining at night.

5. It's still Disneyland. There are worse places to be when it's raining.
Sleepless Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:26 AM   #592
Leofoenget
DIS Veteran
 
Leofoenget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless Knight View Post
Random things I've learned about rain at Disney:

1. The parks tend to be a lot less crowded. Most people either go home or back to their hotel rooms. If you've got jackets and that sort of thing, enjoy the lower crowds.

2. I would stay away from any outdoor roller coaster. The raindrops hitting your face combined with speed of the roller coaster is not fun, especially California Screamin'.

3. Disney will do everything they can to run the parade. On one occasion it rained so hard, they warned the crowd over the loudspeakers that they may have to cancel A Christmas Fantasy. Well, the rain let up long enough to start the parade before the rain returned with a vengeance. Disney literally pulled the minor characters (snowmen and such) off the parade, had the beloved Disney characters get underneath cover on the floats, and gave uncovered characters (Ariel in mermaid form) an umbrella. And then the parade literally continued (albeit in a much faster form) so guests could see the characters.

4. Fireworks and Fantasmic depend completely on the rain. Just because it rains during the day doesn't mean that will automatically cancel the fireworks. It's going to depend more on how much it's raining at night.

5. It's still Disneyland. There are worse places to be when it's raining.
Well I don't hate rain. I'm concerned more about driving over the grapevine alone and hitting snow or something. I would love an empty park to enjoy Christmas with my son. It's 15 days out and Thursday says showers. That could mean anything.
As I type this, the Disneyland commercial is on the tv. Maybe it's a sign
thanks for the info
__________________
Janette
Leofoenget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #593
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth
 
Eeee-va's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,501

Thank you for the info, Sleepless Knight!

Oh dear; I didn't mean to panic anyone!

Today the forecast has changed to:

Weds, 12/9 - Mainly cloudy with a shower
Thurs, 12/10 - Partial sunshine with a shower
Fri, 12/11 - Mostly cloudy

I am sure those predictions will continue to change as the days draw nearer. I don't think they can really predict anything very well until maybe 7 days out, tops, and even then, things are subject to change. There's a lot of times that our forecasters are wrong even 24 hours before the weather actually happens. (And I'm in central Arizona, where we basically don't have weather, aside from "summer," "super-summer," and "not summer.")

(Tuesday, 12/8 is currently projected to have showers, though.)
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:42 AM   #594
Bill Brown
December Guest
 
Bill Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California
Posts: 459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
Oh dear; I didn't mean to panic anyone!

Today the forecast has changed...
Guess I can return the life preservers I bought for the trip. Can't hardly wait until next week.
__________________
Bill Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #595
Leofoenget
DIS Veteran
 
Leofoenget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,718

Yay I did notice the change. It will probably change 5 more times before the actual date. Rain doesn't scare me, but I'm going back and forth between 2 different hotels, Desert Inn with the indoor pool, and the cheaper Anaheim Plaza with the huge outdoor pool. If it's raining I go with Desert Inn so DS5 can swim and not freeze
__________________
Janette
Leofoenget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:24 PM   #596
mikey13v
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Tumwater Washington
Posts: 238

We'll be touring with you from 12/10/09 to 12/13/09, Grand Californian Villas
__________________
1975 Disneyland
1988 June, Disneyland
1989 June, Disneyland; Aug, Howard Johnson
1996 July, Disneyland Tropicana
1997 June, ASSports (Honeymoon)
1998 August, Disneyland Tropicana
1999 June, Disneyland Tropicana
2000 July, Disneyland Tropicana
2001 Feb, Best Value Inn; Aug, Super 8(formerly Best Value Inn); Nov, Best Inn(formerly Best Value Inn, Super8)
2002 June, Disneyland Tropicana
2003 August, Disneyland Tropicana
2004 April, Disneyland Tropicana; Sept, ASSports (Hurricane Jeanne); Dec, Disneyland Tropicana
2005 Mar, Quality Inn; April, CSR (purchased DVC); Sept, ASSports (free dining with Softball tournament); Nov, Disneyland Hotel; Dec, OKW studio (first DVC stay)
2006 Feb, POFQ/SSR studio; July, Seaworld Renaissance/Hilton/BWV studio; Aug-Sept, POP (free dining); Nov30-Dec3, DCL Bahamas; Dec3-Dec9, BWV 1bdr
2007 June, Disneyland Grand Californian; August, Pop (free dining); Sept, 2 trips BWV&OKW; Oct, 3 trips OKW, OKW, OKW; Nov, SSR
2008 April, AKV SV; July, Pop & SSR; August, Pop (free dining); Sept, BWV; Dec, Disneyland Tropicana




2009 April, VWL & BWV
2009 August, Pop (free dining) & BLT studio bay lake view
mikey13v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:40 PM   #597
Karlzmom
DIS Veteran
 
Karlzmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,385

I finally settled on our hotel for our DS's DL B-day trip Dec 19-20th...we will be staying at the Park Shereton a block from the park. I really couldn't justify the $$ to stay onsite [though I'm sure the decorations will be lovely], especially when I can get the Shereton for free with my starwood points.

As an aside, we did enjoy HoJo's this week and will likely stay there again in the future.

Now to plan the perfect dinner for my little guy...I'm thinking about Goofy's....
__________________
= ME, 42= DH, 68 = DS, 8
POLY 2006 & 2008 YACHT CLUB 2008 & 2009
BWI 2011 OKW 2011WL 2011
AKV 2012, 2013 & 2014 BWV 2013
Disney Wonder to Alaska 2014

KATIE Yes, I'm the Jeopardy! champ......
Karlzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #598
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!
 
prettyprincessbelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Camarillo, California
Posts: 5,246

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey13v View Post
We'll be touring with you from 12/10/09 to 12/13/09, Grand Californian Villas
You're added to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlzmom View Post
I finally settled on our hotel for our DS's DL B-day trip Dec 19-20th...we will be staying at the Park Shereton a block from the park. I really couldn't justify the $$ to stay onsite [though I'm sure the decorations will be lovely], especially when I can get the Shereton for free with my starwood points.

As an aside, we did enjoy HoJo's this week and will likely stay there again in the future.

Now to plan the perfect dinner for my little guy...I'm thinking about Goofy's....
I added that hotel to your name. Have a wonderful time!
__________________
Courtney
prettyprincessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #599
ttig34
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nevada
Posts: 324

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
Thank you for the info, Sleepless Knight!

Oh dear; I didn't mean to panic anyone!

Today the forecast has changed to:

Weds, 12/9 - Mainly cloudy with a shower
Thurs, 12/10 - Partial sunshine with a shower
Fri, 12/11 - Mostly cloudy

I am sure those predictions will continue to change as the days draw nearer. I don't think they can really predict anything very well until maybe 7 days out, tops, and even then, things are subject to change. There's a lot of times that our forecasters are wrong even 24 hours before the weather actually happens. (And I'm in central Arizona, where we basically don't have weather, aside from "summer," "super-summer," and "not summer.")

(Tuesday, 12/8 is currently projected to have showers, though.)
I sure hope the forecast does change. As of today it is:

Wed Dec 9 Considerable cloudiness
Thurs Dec 10 RAIN
Friday Dec 11 Periods of RAIN
Saturday Dec 12 RAIN

A little rain is okay- but not everyday............ Hope it at least changes to merely showers.
ttig34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:42 AM   #600
Bill Brown
December Guest
 
Bill Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: California
Posts: 459

For those of us visiting next week, the forecast looks great, sunny low 70s, 3-7 December.
__________________
Bill Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.