Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2009, 10:30 PM   #571
smiley_face2
What a great idea for a thread! Good grief, I'm going to gain another 5 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisCookie View Post
Thanks for alleviating my concerns about taking OCTA. I'll probably be spending 3 or 4 full days at Disney since I cut out other things due to transportation/no car.

Definitely planning a trip to the warehouse, that is where the In and Out Burger is right? I've never had one, going to try an Animal Style
good choice!! We always eat there at least a couple of times......yummo!! lol... you can always do a "tour" like to Universal or Knotts, San Diego Zoo etc...but with only 3 or 4 days...I say stay at Disneyland!!

In Loving Memory of our dear son 02/22/1982-01/28/2011
smiley_face2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:38 PM   #572
Bill Brown
December Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley_face2 View Post
...you can always do a "tour" like to Universal or Knotts, San Diego Zoo etc...
For 12 years I lived about a 10-minute bicycle ride from San Diego Zoo, but never got 'round to visiting it. (Frequently bicycled around Balboa Park, though.) However, my favorite Disney park is AK, where I spend at least part of everyday when visiting WDW. Go figure...
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2009, 10:44 PM   #573
smiley_face2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
For 12 years I lived about a 10-minute bicycle ride from San Diego Zoo, but never got 'round to visiting it. (Frequently bicycled around Balboa Park, though.) However, my favorite Disney park is AK, where I spend at least part of everyday when visiting WDW. Go figure...
Lol... yes, people pay very big money to come here and go whale watching.... if they are around when we are out fishing...I just get scared! There are some falls approximately a 2 hour trip away by car then boat....same thing..every summer giganormous yachts from all over the world go up....I've never been there!!

Old 11-24-2009, 01:51 AM   #574
DisCookie
Mouseketeer

Since you mentioned whale watching, that was one of the things I really wanted to do and it's only $10 on Goldstar! http://www.goldstar.com/events/dana-...-watching.html

Unfortunately it takes 2+ hours by bus to get there . I'm not sure if it will be worth spending 4+ hours on a bus to see the whales...

The other thing I sorta wanted to do was the Medieval Times or Pirates Dinner, but I could do without that one.

I think I'll play it by ear and see how time Disney takes up.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:45 AM   #575
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Thanks for alleviating my concerns about taking OCTA. I'll probably be spending 3 or 4 full days at Disney since I cut out other things due to transportation/no car.

Definitely planning a trip to the warehouse, that is where the In and Out Burger is right? I've never had one, going to try an Animal Style
Ewwww not In & Out, it's yuck..go to Sonic, it's better. Of course that is a personal opinion but I would never eat at In & Out over Sonic......Sonic is super good!

Quote:
Since you mentioned whale watching, that was one of the things I really wanted to do and it's only $10 on Goldstar! http://www.goldstar.com/events/dana-...-watching.html

Unfortunately it takes 2+ hours by bus to get there . I'm not sure if it will be worth spending 4+ hours on a bus to see the whales...

The other thing I sorta wanted to do was the Medieval Times or Pirates Dinner, but I could do without that one.

We've done both, they are both great for different reasons but personally I preferred the Pirate Dinner. It was brighter inside and easier to see and my girls were in the show as was DBF.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:28 PM   #576
smiley_face2

In & Out is the best!! I always look it up before we leave home to see if any new locations have opened up further north, so we can stop there even sooner! The fries are so yummy I guess cause they make them from fresh potatoes, not frozen....I've never tried Sonic! I may do so this time to see what it's like!
Clearly Pixiewings and I can never eat lunch together...

Old 11-24-2009, 03:33 PM   #577
smiley_face2

Quote:

That is so cool! we may even just do that.... way up here in the boonies outside of Vancouver Canada, my hubby does part of his commute to work everyday by boat...1 hour each way! and has the pleasure of seeing them all the time...just recently there was a ginormous humpback whale they saw everyday for a while..usually it's the killer whales
I should have said even though it seems redunculous for us to pay to see something like this.... we are about 1200 miles north of CA, so marine life is somewhat different!! although... because we live only 3 blocks from the beach, we once had a gigantic California sea lion decide to take up residence under our deck!! apparently he got lost on his "commute" from the inlet which is about 6 blocks on the other side of us, while trying to get to the ocean! lazy guy was going over land instead of around.... we had fisheries, game warden, police and the local press here for that event!! lol...made the front page of the paper!

Old 11-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #578
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Quote:
In & Out is the best!! I always look it up before we leave home to see if any new locations have opened up further north, so we can stop there even sooner! The fries are so yummy I guess cause they make them from fresh potatoes, not frozen....I've never tried Sonic! I may do so this time to see what it's like!
Clearly Pixiewings and I can never eat lunch together...
LOL Sonic & In & Out are right next to each other, I can go to Sonic and you can go to In & Out and we can meet in the middle. I do think the fries are good at In & Out, also I've never had them Animal Style and I've heard they are really good. I need to try those........

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:27 PM   #579
smiley_face2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiewings71 View Post
LOL Sonic & In & Out are right next to each other, I can go to Sonic and you can go to In & Out and we can meet in the middle. I do think the fries are good at In & Out, also I've never had them Animal Style and I've heard they are really good. I need to try those........
Well I have to try it for sure then! Yes!! a picnic out in the sun!

Old 11-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #580
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!

Sounds good to me!!

Old 11-25-2009, 10:48 PM   #581
3TinksAndAnEeyore
DIS Veteran

In-N-Out's cheeseburger animal-style is too good for words! In fact, I just had one on our drive down to the family cabin for Thanksgiving. If only DLR would pair up with I-N-O now that McDs has been given the boot.

On another note, has anyone started packing yet? After the nightmare called "Packing for Thanksgiving" reminded me what a pain it is to pack for me and my 2 DDs (thank goodness DH is a big boy and does his own! ). When we get home, I'm going to start putting everything in a suitcase except for clothes. Those I can do next weekend. It always seems to be the small things that make packing such a pain (hairbands, little gifts I've tucked away, etc.). I'll just need to keep the suitcase hidden since the trip is still a surprise for the girls. Still trying to decide how to tell them!
Completed: DLR Solo Trip Nov 2010 (Stovall's), DLR September 2010 (GCH), DL Feb 2010 (daytrip), DLR December 2009 (DLH), DLR January 2008 (daytrip), DLR November 2007 (daytrip), DLR October 2007 (GCH), DLR June 2004 (DLH), WDW October 2000 (VDI), Disneyland October 1996 (ES), my GradNight June 1988, DB's (now DH for 18 years!) GradNight June 1987, Band Trip (played on Main Street with DrumLine!) Spring 1987, too many Daytrips to count starting in 1970
3TinksAndAnEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:55 PM   #582
prettyprincessbelle
I'm just excited for the BBQ! Yum YUM!
Pots and pans? Seriously?!

I love grilled cheese animal style with fries animal style and a neopolitan shake!! YUM!!

I never had Sonic. We don't have one over here. I actually think the closest one to us is in Anaheim?
Old 11-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #583
smiley_face2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyprincessbelle View Post
I love grilled cheese animal style with fries animal style and a neopolitan shake!! YUM!!

I never had Sonic. We don't have one over here. I actually think the closest one to us is in Anaheim?
What is on the animal style fries? *gets out list, adds neopolitan shake* lol...
Just watching the Macy's parade live right now...getting me very excited for another trip to the wonderful USA! You guys RoCk!! :-) oh oh Mickey just floated by!!

Last edited by smiley_face2; 11-26-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:00 AM   #584
spacemermaid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What is on the animal style fries? *gets out list, adds neopolitan shake* lol...
Just watching the Macy's parade live right now...getting me very excited for another trip to the wonderful USA! You guys RoCk!! :-) oh oh Mickey just floated by!!
Animal Style fries are fries with grilled onions, "secret sauce" (kind of like thousand island dressing), and melted cheddar cheese...so yummy!

Lifelong Disney fan!
spacemermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:16 PM   #585
Eeee-va
Happiest robot on Earth

So I'm doing the "fewer than 2 weeks" dance! Accuweather.com currently predicts rain and cold on Wednesday 12/9 and Thursday 12/10!

I honestly haven't been in the rain for over 10 years. I was actually cheering for rain for a few days of the trip, to keep the crowds down!

But how does rain affect outdoor entertainment? I'm assuming Tiana's show wouldn't run . What about fireworks/parades/Fantasmic? How likely do you think it will rain all 5 days?

And what do you think the odds are that those rainy days would go ahead and move back to Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? Because that would be totally awesome, since those are the days that would likely be more crowded if all things are equal.

Last edited by Eeee-va; 11-26-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Eeee-va is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: