Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
aprilfoolwed
DIS Veteran

Made my ADRs today! yay!

We're staying off-site, but wanted to get into some character meals, so I made sure to call exactly at our 90-day mark.

We had no trouble getting into lunch at the Crystal Palace, but we were unable to get to Chef Mickey's for either breakfast or dinner. We were going to play with some other dates (my husband will be attending a conference while we are at Disney - so we were trying to limit character dining only to days he could be with us) when the CM suggested trying "another breakfast featuring Mickey."

This is our first time at Disney, so I didn't know that Ohana's had Mickey there! We wound up taking a ressie at Ohanas for the Best Friends breakfast. I read some reviews here at the DIS and it seems like people have been pleased with that breakfast.

We're toying with the idea of trying Sci-Fi for lunch one day - but other than that we are going with CS meals or eating back at our rental. But I am so happy to at least have these meals taken care of now!

2009 (Windsor Palms), 2010 (1-day visit from Tampa area), 2011 (Emerald Island), Universal Studios Trip - Jan 2013 (Rolling Hills) - SURPRISE celebration December 2014! (Emerald Island)

aprilfoolwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Congratulations. We've never done Crystal Palace for lunch but we do it every visit for breakfast. We've not done Ohanas (only because we prefer buffets and we're not Stitch fans), but it gets great reviews for your breakfast. You will have a great time.
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
cheshire1013
Mouseketeer

Mmmmm....we LOVE Ohanas esp for breakfast!! Youll definitely have a great time!
Old 03-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #4
aprilfoolwed
DIS Veteran

I am glad to know you liked Ohanas! I felt a bit under-prepared when I couldn't get in chef Mickey's and they suggested Ohanas. But the CM was really nice and gaveme all the info. I am excited to try it now!

We wanted to try Sci-Fi too - but I am not hearing promising things about getting in there. Guess there's always next time!

2009 (Windsor Palms), 2010 (1-day visit from Tampa area), 2011 (Emerald Island), Universal Studios Trip - Jan 2013 (Rolling Hills) - SURPRISE celebration December 2014! (Emerald Island)

aprilfoolwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
CampbellScot
DIS Veteran

My family would choose Ohana's breakfast over Chef Mickey's any day! The food has always been really good! The character interaction is fun and I love the Hawaiian shirts and leis! Plus you get to see Stitch along with Mickey and pals!! There is also a "family picture" opportunity. A CM will take a picture with your camera and/or you can buy the picture package.

If you want Sci Fi you might try for an early seating. I got an ADR for 11:10am. We love Sci Fi and go every year. On our DHS days we just eat a very light breakfast knowing we will have an early seating at Sci Fi. It works out great for us. The restaurant is not crammed and it's a nice quiet relaxing meal!

good luck!!!

CampbellScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 04:31 PM   #6
GinCar
DIS Veteran

My family all love O'hana's for breakfast. It is a MUST DO every trip.

2011 Dolphin, 2011 POFQ, 2012 Beach Club
2013 February,Pre-Cruise- Polynesian, Fantasy
2013 Spring Break WBC; August- Pop, Contemporary
2014 Feb-BWI, April-FANTASY Cruising
GinCar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: