Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2009, 03:30 PM   #76
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Wow food overload!

I've scoured allears and listed every restaurant and CS that my mom would eat something at. Do you know how hard that was to do? haha! Sadly she might be living off of veggie burgers and pizza at CS, with possibly a tuna salad sandwhich thrown in for fun.

TS is a a little better..barely pasta with shrimp, pasta, veggie burgers, shrimp, and that's about it. I thought your palate is supposed to expand with age!

I really want to do a signature meal now that we'll upgrade to deluxe and the only one I think she'd enjoy is Citricos. But that's only if they make one of the appetizers as an entree for her. She MIGHT like the tandoori shrimp at Sanaa but I have a feeling she might get turned off by everything else. Same with Jiko... there's one shrimp dish on the menu but we'd have to ask them to omit the curry sauce from the shrimp curry... is that even possible?!

I'm trying to hash out an ADR plan now so I should post it maybe tomorrow. I was also going to crazily attempt MAYBE a dinner at CRT but I heard that the characters arent the same as the breakfast? Really?
Old 06-12-2009, 12:29 PM   #77
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

So I think I've decided on a very tentative plan for ADRs now that we're most likely going to Deluxe Dining. I have a reservation on hold, but didn't confirm and put the deposit down yet. This is a LOT of food and a LOT of ADRs but we'll take our time and relax. Plus any ADR can be dropped the night before or that morning if we decide it's too much and we'll do CS. Here's what I was thinking we're gonna do..

Sept 26th (Sat): arrive... MAYBEEE MK for a few hours
Lunch: GF Tea (It's not on the dining plan but I really want to do this and I think mom would enjoy)
Dinner: Citricos

*If bf comes up that Saturday, we'll figure something out. I dont know if he'll want to spend the money on Citricos but I also think he'll understand that this is my mom and I's vacation so maybe he'll join or just bum around the hotel/park

Sept 27th (Sun): My Birthday! MK for the day definitely.. I think. I originally said i wanted my bday dinner at Tutto but we'll be there enough the rest of the week. I guess I can deal with a semi-good dinner instead EMH are at the MK that night so I'd still have to drop my mom off back at the hotel since it's late for her.
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Lunch: Tonys ~ late lunch
Dinner: Plaza? maybe head over Kona?

Sept 28th (Mon): Epcot for F&W and fun. We'll stay at Epcot all day so we'll wander and nibble all day. Hopefully we'll have room for snacks!
Breakfast: Wave or POFQ
Lunch: Tutto
Dinner: Teppan Edo

Sept 29th (Tues): AK day.
Breakfast: Tusker House
Lunch: Pizzafari or other CS
Dinner: Yak and Yeti
* Carriage Ride at POR later on after dinner?

Sept 30th (Wed): Epcot again for more F&W yummy fun.
Breakfast: POFQ
Lunch: Chefs
Dinner: Tutto

Oct 1st (Thurs): MGM day. We're actually trying to avoid the Fantasmic crowd so if Fantasmic is this day then we'll move around plans a bit.
Breakfast: POFQ
Lunch:BrownDerby/SciFi/Mama
Dinner: Mama if not at lunch or head to Epcot for F&W?

Oct 2nd (Fri): MK all day. Our last full day always has to be at the MK so we'll be back here.
Breakfast: Kona or Wave
Lunch: Plaza
Dinner: Tonys

Oct 3rd (Sat): our last day.. if we didn't do tea at the GF the first day...we'll prob do it today. Then head back to the MK or Epcot and relax and wander.
Breakfast: GFC/Wave
Lunch: F&W?

Any suggestions?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #78
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Thats just a ton and a half of food! I do not think I could eat that much while at Disney!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 06-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #79
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Thats just a ton and a half of food! I do not think I could eat that much while at Disney!
Haha, it IS a ton of food if we ate 3 full courses for each meal. I'm sure we won't. If my bf and friends come then they are completely sharing the appetizers and desserts with us. if they don't eat with us then we'll share with other tables if we can (I just read your f&w trip again and saw people did that for you in Boma!)! My mom is a very picky and SMALL eater so we're trying to beef her up a little bit. I'm thinking we'll probably have one app, 2 entrees, and maybe 1 dessert between the 2 of us. Except at Citricos.. I wanna try it all!
Old 06-12-2009, 06:19 PM   #80
Colleen27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
Sept 27th (Sun): My Birthday! MK for the day definitely.. I think. I originally said i wanted my bday dinner at Tutto but we'll be there enough the rest of the week. I guess I can deal with a semi-good dinner instead EMH are at the MK that night so I'd still have to drop my mom off back at the hotel since it's late for her.
Breakfast: Crystal Palace
Lunch: Tonys ~ late lunch
Dinner: Plaza? maybe head over Kona?
Kona is a fabulous place for a nice dinner. Not quiet exactly, because it is open to the Poly lobby and right next to Ohana, but such a wonderful break from the crowds and heat! It is literally steps from the monorail, so it is super-easy to get there from MK and you get lots of A/C in the process.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:42 PM   #81
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colleen27 View Post
Kona is a fabulous place for a nice dinner. Not quiet exactly, because it is open to the Poly lobby and right next to Ohana, but such a wonderful break from the crowds and heat! It is literally steps from the monorail, so it is super-easy to get there from MK and you get lots of A/C in the process.
Welcome over here Colleen! I LOVE Kona! We ate there for dinner in 2007 and I'm in love with the teriyaki steak. The lunch I also enjoy but dinner is by far better in my opinion. My mom wasn't thrilled with her meal but I'm sure she'll enjoy it this time around with a little more tweaks. AND it's my bday dinner that night so I think she won't argue too much
Old 06-12-2009, 07:44 PM   #82
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
Haha, it IS a ton of food if we ate 3 full courses for each meal. I'm sure we won't. If my bf and friends come then they are completely sharing the appetizers and desserts with us. if they don't eat with us then we'll share with other tables if we can (I just read your f&w trip again and saw people did that for you in Boma!)! My mom is a very picky and SMALL eater so we're trying to beef her up a little bit. I'm thinking we'll probably have one app, 2 entrees, and maybe 1 dessert between the 2 of us. Except at Citricos.. I wanna try it all!
I def have to say being able to try all the apps and stuff would be fun, at least tasting them. When we did the DDP and there were still apps, entrees and deserts we took home deserts and ate them in the room as a late snack or breakfast.

Being able to pass over some credits to people would be awesome of you, it really was one fo the coolest things to ever happen to us when those people basically paid for our meal!

I am so hungry for Disney food! Yesterday DH asked me the office question fo the day from his job "If you could have 3 last meals what would they be?" All I could think of was Disney food!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 06-12-2009, 08:43 PM   #83
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
I def have to say being able to try all the apps and stuff would be fun, at least tasting them. When we did the DDP and there were still apps, entrees and deserts we took home deserts and ate them in the room as a late snack or breakfast.

Being able to pass over some credits to people would be awesome of you, it really was one fo the coolest things to ever happen to us when those people basically paid for our meal!

I am so hungry for Disney food! Yesterday DH asked me the office question fo the day from his job "If you could have 3 last meals what would they be?" All I could think of was Disney food!
I'm hoping we can do the same with some of the desserts. And it's always fun to spread a little Disney magic to total strangers. I always love handing out extra fastpasses if we have them. People are so appreciative! I've also heard of people giving out free meals at counter service restaurants using their DP points so I'm sure we'll be doing that at the end of our stay. There's NO way we'll be able to use all 42 of our meals! Although...I wonder if I'd be able to use some with my bf if he eats with us? Hmm.... we'll test it out when we're there.

I've been craving disney food since my last trip too. I can never get enough!
Old 06-13-2009, 09:31 PM   #84
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

Hey!!! Found my way over and got caught up

Kona has a great dinner. Had bday dinner there 3 yrs ago - and food was great. Atmosphere wasn't top notch. I think if I had Deluxe Dining Plan I'd want to do Narcosses (sp?) or Cali Grill for my bday dinner. Jump on the monorail and jump back to MK.

We're doing Ohanas for my bday this year, but you need to really LIKE Ohana's style to eat there. Luckily we love it

Where does your BF live? I'm in Bradenton, JUST north of Sarasota, so he is very close by.

Have you stayed at POFQ before? You will LOVE IT! I can't wait. I'll take lots of pics for you and think of any ?s you want me to figure out for ya.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:46 AM   #85
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Talking

A little hijack.....

I went to Mr Cupcakes friday and boy, were those pumpkin ones gooood. Yummy!

I can't believe I never noticed them there. I was looking for them and passed it by! Luckily, I found a place to park and ran in.

It was a treat to myself after visiting the doc and getting bloodwork. I needed not to eat anything for 12 hours and boy, was I hungry! I figured a little sugar was a good thing.

...now back on topic...
I received a gift of a Kali Safari FP while I was there in March. It was so nice! I was on the FP line & talking to this nice couple in front of me. So, I got to go on twice that day.
Though, I just found out the queue line for Kali is pretty cool too.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:54 AM   #86
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherines_mama View Post
Hey!!! Found my way over and got caught up
Kona has a great dinner. Had bday dinner there 3 yrs ago - and food was great. Atmosphere wasn't top notch. I think if I had Deluxe Dining Plan I'd want to do Narcosses (sp?) or Cali Grill for my bday dinner. Jump on the monorail and jump back to MK.
We're doing Ohanas for my bday this year, but you need to really LIKE Ohana's style to eat there. Luckily we love it
Where does your BF live? I'm in Bradenton, JUST north of Sarasota, so he is very close by.
Have you stayed at POFQ before? You will LOVE IT! I can't wait. I'll take lots of pics for you and think of any ?s you want me to figure out for ya.
Welcome over here! I loved Kona on my last visit there so hopefully it stays just as fabulous. I'd love to do Cali Grill or Narcoossees (actually I want Jiko!) but mom's very picky taste buds just won't allow it I think. I'd love to do Ohana too but that's even worse in terms of the picky eater!

My bf lives in North Port... so thats just a bit south from you, right? I remember passing signs for Bradenton when I was down there! Very close by to you guys.

And nope...never been to POFQ. I can't wait to see it. Every review I read is great and its just the perfect size for us. No specific questions yet but I can't wait to hear what you think of it this time around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
A little hijack.....

I went to Mr Cupcakes friday and boy, were those pumpkin ones gooood. Yummy!
I can't believe I never noticed them there. I was looking for them and passed it by! Luckily, I found a place to park and ran in.
It was a treat to myself after visiting the doc and getting bloodwork. I needed not to eat anything for 12 hours and boy, was I hungry! I figured a little sugar was a good thing.
...now back on topic...
I received a gift of a Kali Safari FP while I was there in March. It was so nice! I was on the FP line & talking to this nice couple in front of me. So, I got to go on twice that day.
Though, I just found out the queue line for Kali is pretty cool too.
Haha...hijack is well deserved... I've been addicted to these crazy cupcakes! They just opened up at Riverside Square mall (if you go in through Houstons..just walk through the restaurant into the mall and it's right in front of you) and I've been there umm..quite a few times. Their red velvet ones and pb&j ones are QUITE yummy as well. One day I WILL try all 30 flavors!

Awesome about the Kali FP.. I'm definitely planning on spreading some disney pixie dust when we're down there as well. My mom won't go on many of the rides that need FP so I'll try to help people out.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #87
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Your plan sounds great! Oh my goodness that is a LOT of food! It'll be good to relax though!

Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 06-16-2009, 03:15 PM   #88
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Your plan sounds great! Oh my goodness that is a LOT of food! It'll be good to relax though!
Thank you! Yeah, I'm getting slightly overloaded with the thought of the amount of food!
Old 06-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #89
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Small little update!

Yesterday I called and officially canceled my 40% off reservation and booked the Deluxe Dining! At first when I called to book the new res, I couldn't find the reservation that I had on hold so I just let her go through the whole thing as if it were a new reservation. THEN she told me that OMG POFQ and POR were already booked solid for free dining that week!!!! EEEK! So I quickly tried to find my reservation number for the trip I put on hold and luckily I found it so we were able to book it. I also probably could have asked her to look it up for me. Oh well.

Another tidbit of good news... Online ADRs are now open to the public! The site seems a little hokey and slow but it works! And some people are reporting getting BETTER times on their ADRs than when they called in. I tested out the site and SOME of the restaurants even have menus posted, which is nice. I went through and tried to book Yak and Yeti and there was availability on the day I chose. Didnt actually make the reservation though, was just testing the site out. Hopefully they get more kinks worked out by the 28th! I'll be on the phone AND making online ADRs all at 7am!
Old 06-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #90
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I've been using the online ADR system via the TA site. It's been up for about a month already so I've gotten used to it. I haven't hit any glitches so far except that it can go a little slow at times. I like that you can look up a 5 day window and if your restaurant of choice isn't available, it will give you other options similar to the place you chose originally. Good luck getting your ADRs! I make mine next Monday.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: