Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #61
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Aw! Cute!!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 06-06-2009, 12:25 PM   #62
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Awww too cute!!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2009, 01:35 PM   #63
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

So I figured I should probably be trying to figure out ADRs and Parks, etc for my trip. My ADR window isnt until June 28th.. but I'm getting antsy!

Tell me what you guys think...they're VERY tentative and depend on a few things... I'll be making dinner ADRs for 4 people for every day b/c my bf will be joining us for a few days here and there and also my friends from FL will be in the Disney area and they'll probably join us too. Most breakfasts will be at POFQs CS.

Sept 26th (Sat): arrive... possibly MK for a little bit after we settle in. Maybe do GF Tea instead? If bf is with us I doubt he'll want to do the tea...we'll see. Or I'll tell him to meet us after the tea. Maybe Plaza for dinner if we go to MK.
Sept 27th (Sun): My Birthday! MK for the day definitely.. I think. I don't want to eat at MK for dinner though because I'm just NOT a fan of any of the table restaurants in the MK to actually have a bday dinner there. Dinner most likely at Tutto. Although EMH are at the MK that night but I'd still have to drop my mom off back at the hotel since it's late for her. Possibly have breakfast at Crystal Palace? Kona (for the french press coffee!)? Chef Mickeys? or just eat at POFQ in the morning.
Sept 28th (Mon): Epcot for F&W and fun. We'll stay at Epcot all day so we'll wander and nibble all day. Dinner maybe at Chefs or Teppan Edo. Also, if Kouzina is open at the Boardwalk, that's a possibility too.
Sept 29th (Tues): MGM day. Either a late lunch at Brown Derby or dinner at Mamas. My mom will only like the coconut shrimp at BD and it's only available at lunch. I wonder if I'd be able to call and ask to have that for her for dinner? We're actually trying to avoid the Fantasmic crowd so if Fantasmic is this day then we'll move around plans a bit.
Sept 30th (Wed): Epcot again for more F&W yummy fun. Dinner would be at wherever we didn't get an ADR the first two days at Epcot!
Oct 1st (Thurs): AK day. Yak & Yeti dinner if we can have an ADR around 5pm. If not then we'll head to maybe Kona or the Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner...or back to Epcot? lol
Oct 2nd (Fri): MK all day. Our last full day always has to be at the MK so we'll be back here. Dinner at Tonys!
Oct 3rd (Sat): our last day.. if we didn't do tea at the GF the first day...we'll prob do it today. Then head back to the MK or Epcot and relax and wander.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #64
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
So I figured I should probably be trying to figure out ADRs and Parks, etc for my trip. My ADR window isnt until June 28th.. but I'm getting antsy!

Tell me what you guys think...they're VERY tentative and depend on a few things... I'll be making dinner ADRs for 4 people for every day b/c my bf will be joining us for a few days here and there and also my friends from FL will be in the Disney area and they'll probably join us too. Most breakfasts will be at POFQs CS.

Sept 26th (Sat): arrive... possibly MK for a little bit after we settle in. Maybe do GF Tea instead? If bf is with us I doubt he'll want to do the tea...we'll see. Or I'll tell him to meet us after the tea. Maybe Plaza for dinner if we go to MK.
Sept 27th (Sun): My Birthday! MK for the day definitely.. I think. I don't want to eat at MK for dinner though because I'm just NOT a fan of any of the table restaurants in the MK to actually have a bday dinner there. Dinner most likely at Tutto. Although EMH are at the MK that night but I'd still have to drop my mom off back at the hotel since it's late for her. Possibly have breakfast at Crystal Palace? Kona (for the french press coffee!)? Chef Mickeys? or just eat at POFQ in the morning.
Sept 28th (Mon): Epcot for F&W and fun. We'll stay at Epcot all day so we'll wander and nibble all day. Dinner maybe at Chefs or Teppan Edo. Also, if Kouzina is open at the Boardwalk, that's a possibility too.
Sept 29th (Tues): MGM day. Either a late lunch at Brown Derby or dinner at Mamas. My mom will only like the coconut shrimp at BD and it's only available at lunch. I wonder if I'd be able to call and ask to have that for her for dinner? We're actually trying to avoid the Fantasmic crowd so if Fantasmic is this day then we'll move around plans a bit.
Sept 30th (Wed): Epcot again for more F&W yummy fun. Dinner would be at wherever we didn't get an ADR the first two days at Epcot!
Oct 1st (Thurs): AK day. Yak & Yeti dinner if we can have an ADR around 5pm. If not then we'll head to maybe Kona or the Grand Floridian Cafe for dinner...or back to Epcot? lol
Oct 2nd (Fri): MK all day. Our last full day always has to be at the MK so we'll be back here. Dinner at Tonys!
Oct 3rd (Sat): our last day.. if we didn't do tea at the GF the first day...we'll prob do it today. Then head back to the MK or Epcot and relax and wander.

Sounds like a great week! We plan to be eating our way around the Food Fest on the 28th and 30th too!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #65
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Your plans look great! Maybe I'll bump into you at one of the F&WF carts!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 06-08-2009, 03:15 PM   #66
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Sounds like some great choices! I say do Crystal Palace for your bday breakfast, you can got an early ADR and be in the MK almost alone first thing on your bday!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 06-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #67
TheDisneyGirl02
I found my Disney Prince!
Animals that have gone through the taxidermy process scare like nothing else!

That sounds like a good plan, Jen!

I can never forget your birthday because it is a week before mine! LOL!!
Old 06-08-2009, 03:59 PM   #68
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Sounds like a great week! We plan to be eating our way around the Food Fest on the 28th and 30th too!
I'll keep an eye out for you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Your plans look great! Maybe I'll bump into you at one of the F&WF carts!
I'll definitely be there more often than not! It's one of the main reasons that I wanted to go this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia View Post
Sounds like some great choices! I say do Crystal Palace for your bday breakfast, you can got an early ADR and be in the MK almost alone first thing on your bday!
Thanks Kat! Ohh...I totally didnt even think of getting into the park early as a perk! Definitely leaning towards that then

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisneyGirl02 View Post
That sounds like a good plan, Jen!

I can never forget your birthday because it is a week before mine! LOL!!
I can never forget your bday either! Yours is the 4th...Lisa's is the 3rd, it's a fabulous week for bdays
Old 06-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #69
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

OK mini update...I just looked at the Travel Agent link that people are posting for Sept hours and it looks like Fantasmic is of COURSE on the 29th...the day we were scheduled to go to MGM. I hear Fantasmic days at the park now are pretty crowded so we wanted to avoid it. Guess I'll be swapping it with possibly our AK day, which doesn't mess up anything, I dont think!
Old 06-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #70
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Grrrr....new update to make my brain explode!!

OK so I'm thinking about the whole spending too much money when we're down there. And I've also been reading a bunch of trip reports where people have upgraded to the Deluxe Dining.

So my dilemma.. I'm thinking about getting rid of the 40% off pin code and reserving the Free Dining Package for my mom and I but paying the additional money for the Deluxe Dining. Our big thing for not doing the normal free dining was that we like appetizers and would have to pay for those OOP anyways. But now for an additional $30 or $40 each a person, we get a bunch more things.

We'd also be able to have breakfast at TS restaurants instead of running to the CS in POFQ. Grr... I know I complained the Free Dining was way too much food... but now that we have total options for the Deluxe (including appetizers)... we can always politely decline dessert or share one, etc.

Here's my price breakdown..

Original Plan Using 40% off hotel Pin
POFQ with discount: $718.23
Annual Pass for me: $499.49
8 Day Pass for mom: $299.27
Tables In Wonderland: $75.00
Total: $ 1591.99

Plus I have to buy food in above... average $100 a day-ish..probably less
so add $700-$800 to the total of that.. around $2292-$2392

New Tentative Plan with Deluxe Dining
Deluxe Package at POFQ with 2 8 Day Passes: $2222.32
Upgrade my pass to Annual Pass: $200.22
Total: $2422.54

The new tentative plan is slightly more but then we might also be able to do some dining shows, relax more at TS (I dont want to push my mom too much because of her health and the damn HEAT that is in florida in Sept!).

Am I totally crazy for thinking of changing my reservation?
Old 06-10-2009, 10:30 AM   #71
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Exclamation Go for it!

Go for it!

Using your high estimate, it is a difference of $30.54. If you really like the idea of being able to relax a bit more, it will de-stress your vaca AND you got a ton of more value - all for $31 more.

Yeah, I would go for it.
Old 06-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #72
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
Go for it!

Using your high estimate, it is a difference of $30.54. If you really like the idea of being able to relax a bit more, it will de-stress your vaca AND you got a ton of more value - all for $31 more.

Yeah, I would go for it.
Thanks! I've been mulling it over during lunch and I think I will bump up to deluxe. Now I have THAT many more ADRs to make! The only one I think I'd have to pay OOP is the Grand Floridian Tea since that's not covered under any DP.

Time to start browsing those menus again!
Old 06-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #73
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Just calculated roughly how much 2 'random' days would be in terms of food just to see how much I'd be spending OOP... the most expensive dinner and the least expensive dinner (roughly). Had done this calculation before but wanted to do it again for my sanity....still definitely leaning towards the Deluxe Plan upgrade! I just have to ask mom tonight but I'm pretty sure I'll call tomorrow.. why is this so nerve wracking?!

Dinner at Mamas with 1app, 2 entrees, 1 desert, 2 nonalc drinks: $54
Lunch CS: $20-ish
Breakfast CS: $16-ish
Snacks: $10
Total: $100... if used Tables in Wonderland on dinner... $90 (not including gratuity)

Dinner at Tutto (same amount of food as above): $83
Snacks: $10
Breakfast: $16
Lunch: $20
Total: $128... if used TiW on dinner.. $113 (not including gratuity)

sorry..don't mind my babble
Old 06-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #74
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

Ok, the one hiccup would be making the ADRs, but, you never know online dining might actually be working!! After ADRs will be stress-free!

For comparison sake, I looked up my March trip and I spent $78.28 (incl tip)on 2 dinners at Mama Melrose (F! package), which was 2 apps, 2 entrees, 1 dessert and coffee. I don't know where I had an alcoholic drink or a regular drink.

I do the same thing; I have to work it all out before I can make a decision. I'm doing the same now for my Vegas trip for my hotel. I'm probably going to book it tonight. I think.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:20 PM   #75
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
Ok, the one hiccup would be making the ADRs, but, you never know online dining might actually be working!! After ADRs will be stress-free!

For comparison sake, I looked up my March trip and I spent $78.28 (incl tip)on 2 dinners at Mama Melrose (F! package), which was 2 apps, 2 entrees, 1 dessert and coffee. I don't know where I had an alcoholic drink or a regular drink.

I do the same thing; I have to work it all out before I can make a decision. I'm doing the same now for my Vegas trip for my hotel. I'm probably going to book it tonight. I think.
Oh awesome thanks for the comparison for Mama! So I was probably even being lenient when I said Mama would be around $54. I wasn't including tip though since that's not included on the dining plan. Although I'm also NOT including tax, which IS included on the dining plan!

Haha, glad I'm not the only one that keeps on crunching numbers over...and over...and over Vegas is awesome, we went a few times over the years! You're going to enjoy it no matter what your interests are!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: