Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2009, 11:21 PM   #31
seasideteacher
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you have a bargin! I just booked the free dining for my in-laws... but I think we would of used the 40% off since they don't eat a lot at pricey places, and the are staying at AKL! Lucky!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!
Now i will go read you other trip report....

Our Birthday Trip!! Celebrating DS turning 4 and DD turning 2!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #32
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisneyGirl02 View Post
Hey, it's Amy of Amy & Beth.

Loving your pre-trip report. That is so nice that you're taking your mom with you!

Drinking around the world...just make sure to pace yourself. I did that when I was doing my college program in 2002 and I ended up doing 8 countries in an hour and a half. I don't suggest that.

Great to see you over here!
Amy!!! omg so good to see you over here, I should have known you where here Oh...DEFINITELY pacing myself for the drink around the world. We'll start somewhat early and take our time eating and drinking.

** side note everyone... (sorry Amy...lol)... Amy and I have known each other since we were...12? We were both HUGE Mickey Mouse Club fans (along with her sister) and you can kinda say it's the MMC and Disney that introduced us to each other. Sadly we haven't seen each other since we were...14? 15? I can't even remember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasideteacher View Post
Sounds like you have a bargin! I just booked the free dining for my in-laws... but I think we would of used the 40% off since they don't eat a lot at pricey places, and the are staying at AKL! Lucky!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip!
Now i will go read you other trip report....
Thank you! Welcome!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2009, 08:06 PM   #33
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Hey! I followed you over from my per trip report. I see that you are going in Sept too, and for your Birthday. My mom will also be there for her birthday and she too will be getting the $75.00 gift card. Did you register your name & print the form to take with you? Be sure to do that if you have not, you have to have it with you.

That's a nice gift, I think. She was excited about it when I told her.

We will be at POR and I can't wait!!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:08 PM   #34
TheDisneyGirl02
I found my Disney Prince!
Animals that have gone through the taxidermy process scare like nothing else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
Amy!!! omg so good to see you over here, I should have known you where here Oh...DEFINITELY pacing myself for the drink around the world. We'll start somewhat early and take our time eating and drinking.

** side note everyone... (sorry Amy...lol)... Amy and I have known each other since we were...12? We were both HUGE Mickey Mouse Club fans (along with her sister) and you can kinda say it's the MMC and Disney that introduced us to each other. Sadly we haven't seen each other since we were...14? 15? I can't even remember!
It's been years! I think it was when Meredith had the MMC party...and I don't even remember how many years ago that was! Those MMC memories are priceless and I can't help but think about them everytime I'm at Studios!
Old 04-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #35
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's been years! I think it was when Meredith had the MMC party...and I don't even remember how many years ago that was! Those MMC memories are priceless and I can't help but think about them everytime I'm at Studios!
I was a huge MMC fan! Tony Lucca

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 04-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #36
stacikristine
DIS Veteran

Ok. So I just spent yesterday and today at work reading your past two TRs! They're SOO good! I love your pirate outfits. And the wedding was gorgeous. And I want to take a trip with my mom someday too! I'm excited to read the rest of your plans! YAY for going in September!!

Upcoming: Dec 2012 Animal Kingdom VillasSept 2009 Animal Kingdom Villas (PTR) (TR: 1st Trip as Mr. & Mrs.) Oct 2006 POP Century June 2003 Fort Wilderness Campground July 1989 Off-site

Old 04-03-2009, 05:22 PM   #37
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
Hey! I followed you over from my per trip report. I see that you are going in Sept too, and for your Birthday. My mom will also be there for her birthday and she too will be getting the $75.00 gift card. Did you register your name & print the form to take with you? Be sure to do that if you have not, you have to have it with you.

That's a nice gift, I think. She was excited about it when I told her.

We will be at POR and I can't wait!!
Welcome over here! I registered my name but I didn't print out the form. I heard you don't have to print it out? Just go and show your ID? I'll probably print it out anyway though just to be safe. The $75 is definitely a nice gift! Not sure what we'll spend it on yet!

Quote:
omg I totally forgot about Meredith's party! I still get all the memories rushing to me when I walk into MGM. Standing in that HOT sun waiting to go to Rocks the Planet...then standing inside FOREVER on line.. Countless tapings Lisa and I went to while my poor parents just had to wander around the parks without us. haha! Going on the Backstage Tour (when it used to go through the upstairs of the studios) just trying to catch a glimpse of any of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I was a huge MMC fan! Tony Lucca
I've been trying to see Tony every time he comes into the city for shows and I haven't been able to make it in years. I saw him maybe 4 years ago and he was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacikristine View Post
Ok. So I just spent yesterday and today at work reading your past two TRs! They're SOO good! I love your pirate outfits. And the wedding was gorgeous. And I want to take a trip with my mom someday too! I'm excited to read the rest of your plans! YAY for going in September!!
Thank you so much! welcome!
Old 04-03-2009, 09:50 PM   #38
TheDisneyGirl02
I found my Disney Prince!
Animals that have gone through the taxidermy process scare like nothing else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
omg I totally forgot about Meredith's party! I still get all the memories rushing to me when I walk into MGM. Standing in that HOT sun waiting to go to Rocks the Planet...then standing inside FOREVER on line.. Countless tapings Lisa and I went to while my poor parents just had to wander around the parks without us. haha! Going on the Backstage Tour (when it used to go through the upstairs of the studios) just trying to catch a glimpse of any of them.
Remember on the backstage tour, that Bette Midler pigeon short? How many times did we see that on that tour, it seemed like a million!
Old 04-04-2009, 11:54 AM   #39
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

LOVE the pic of you and your momma!!

I'm glad you got your decisions planned out.

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:08 AM   #40
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

Hiya! I finally got myself over here.

You are going to love POFQ! It is so pretty and quiet. Perfect after a day at the parks.

It's so nice to have mother/daughter trips. I enjoyed trips with my mom before she passed away. I treasure those pictures.

I'm confused over the dining plan too. I can never figure it out! I am going to total all my food from my March trip and compare it to the dining plan. I can't get one for my May trip becasue I booked a room-only reservation. Apparentely, you can't add dining.

What is Tables in Wonderland? I'm going to have to search that. Any discount is a good discount! LOL!

Oh and the photopass share was a good experience. I'm hoping to get my CDs today from my March trip. I did it again for the May trip. I did love playing around with those borders.

Looking forward to your pre-trippie!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:44 AM   #41
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Remember on the backstage tour, that Bette Midler pigeon short? How many times did we see that on that tour, it seemed like a million!
I miss the Bette Midler short! And for me to say that is impressive... I'm not a HUGE fan of her! I remember on the backstage houses part we drove by once and the basketball hoop was down in one of the 'driveways' of the house and the CM mentioned that it must have been one of the crazy MMC kids cause they're always playing bball back there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
LOVE the pic of you and your momma!!

I'm glad you got your decisions planned out.
Thank you! I'm happy to finally have figured most of the stuff out already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
Hiya! I finally got myself over here.

You are going to love POFQ! It is so pretty and quiet. Perfect after a day at the parks.

It's so nice to have mother/daughter trips. I enjoyed trips with my mom before she passed away. I treasure those pictures.

I'm confused over the dining plan too. I can never figure it out! I am going to total all my food from my March trip and compare it to the dining plan. I can't get one for my May trip becasue I booked a room-only reservation. Apparentely, you can't add dining.

What is Tables in Wonderland? I'm going to have to search that. Any discount is a good discount! LOL!

Oh and the photopass share was a good experience. I'm hoping to get my CDs today from my March trip. I did it again for the May trip. I did love playing around with those borders.

Looking forward to your pre-trippie!
Welcome over! Sadly it took me ages to get to your report too...plus I still have to read about your May report. When I'm at work photobucket pics don't show up (they block the site) so I have to only read them when I get home. Kinda sucks!

Your pics and review of POFQ have me so excited to stay there now. It seems like a perfect quiet place that my mom would like. Pop was great and all, just a little LOUD in terms of themeing.

I think I mentioned in this TR but I would have done the DP again IF they gave appetizers like they did in 2007. That was perfect. Or at least give the option of an app OR dessert. We're just not BIG dessert people so it would be either a waste or we'd be forcing food down that we really didn't want.

Tables in Wonderland is offered for Florida residents OR Annual Pass holders. I believe for AP holders it's $75 (normally it's $100) and you get 20% off ALL of your food and drinks (including alcohol) for your entire trip. It really adds up. When I went last May, 5 of us went to Le Cellier for dinner. My one friend that was with us had the TIW card since she's both a FL res and AP holder and it saved us $50 or $60 total! So it pays for itself pretty quickly.

When the trip gets closer I defintiely have to look into the Photopass share. Such a good deal!
Old 04-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #42
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Hi! I just found your ptr. Mother/Daughter trips are wonderful. I went with my DD and DM in Dec and we had a great time. What a great deal you got with the discount! We'll be at POFQ next month for the first time and we too are looking forward to the more serene atmosphere. Looking forward to hearing more!
Old 04-20-2009, 01:45 PM   #43
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnbu40 View Post
Hi! I just found your ptr. Mother/Daughter trips are wonderful. I went with my DD and DM in Dec and we had a great time. What a great deal you got with the discount! We'll be at POFQ next month for the first time and we too are looking forward to the more serene atmosphere. Looking forward to hearing more!
Welcome! I'd love to hear your thoughts about POFQ although it sounds like no one has ever been disappointed! Heading over to your trippie now...
Old 04-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #44
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Hi! Just found your link via another TR. I'm in!

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 04-27-2009, 01:37 PM   #45
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

I think she may be taking a break.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: