Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2009, 12:48 PM   #151
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile Congrats!

Congrats! Congrats!

It sounds like you'l have a lovely time now that your ADRs are in order.

Hopefully, I'll have the same luck for my (I think!) December trip. Not sure if I'm staying on-site, though.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #152
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

Yay!!! Congrats!!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-29-2009, 07:06 PM   #153
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Congrats on getting the ADR changes you wanted. Now you have me wanting to go in and change mine again . I really would love to have another Le Cellier . Yesterday when I went and changed some of mine I got the blank screen TWICE. Then I had to start all over and thank goodness they were all still there. It is funny though, when I was making The Plaza it bounced from 7:15pm to 7:00pm which is the time I wanted on the first try........

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 06-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #154
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
Congrats on getting the ADR changes you wanted. Now you have me wanting to go in and change mine again . I really would love to have another Le Cellier . Yesterday when I went and changed some of mine I got the blank screen TWICE. Then I had to start all over and thank goodness they were all still there. It is funny though, when I was making The Plaza it bounced from 7:15pm to 7:00pm which is the time I wanted on the first try........
I would definitely call and double check to make sure you didn't double book! When my screen went blank I never got a confirmation email or anything. I tried to book it again and the time slow was already full. Then I had made a different ADR for GFC and when that confirmation came up, the one where the screen went blank came up too! So I had to cancel a few to make sure I wasn't double booked. So confusing!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:34 PM   #155
ILuvCrush
DIS Veteran

I'm sooo excited that you got all your ADRs!!

I'm intrigued by the fact that more tables open up on the exact 90th day

Jenjolt and 2xcited2sleep made all our ADRs this time... so i didn't get to play with the new system yet.... but I'll be sure to keep that little caveat in mind when I am making them for my November trip!!

BTW...I'm a Libra too

Paula
Old 07-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #156
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone on the congrats on ADRs! I slacked a little checking this thread so I dont' have time to individually reply to all of you...

So October hours were just posted to travel agents. Remember when I said I wanted to avoid DHS at all costs on Fantasmic days?! Well guess what's going on at DHS on Oct 1st...the day I'm planning on heading over there?! Yup... Fantasmic!!

Looking at my schedule, and all the ADRs I'd have to do over..I think we're going to just suck it up and head over there on that day. We don't really need to do everything and I'm in no rush to run around the park so we'll try to take our time. I know we dont want to see Indiana Jones, Lights Motor Action show, Beauty and the Beast, American Idol (although I've never seen it...I honestly cant stand the real show), Sounds Dangerous, the backlot tour and a few others. Cross your fingers the park isnt chaos!
Old 07-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #157
jenny105
DIS Veteran

We're going to DHS on a Fantasmic Day a week and a half before you. If I have a new laptop by then, I'll PM you and let you know what it was like, how crazy it was, etc.

I can't stand AI either. Ryan Seacrest's voice drives me insane.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 07-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #158
DisneyFaeriePrincess
Chocolate and Mickey, what else could be better.

I'm sure you'll be fine on the Fantasmic day, if you get there at rope drop then you'll probably be fine. Do all of those big things first like RNRC, TOT, and TSM (if you're doing them) and then do the other stuff. Should work out all right. And hey it might not be so bad in the morning/early afternoon cause maybe most of the people won't get there until later for Fantasmic. Hope it all works out!
'95=Port Orleans '96=OKW '97=OKW '98=OKW in Jan. with Nonna and Grandma and OKW in summer '99=OKW and New Years trip '00=OKW '01=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a week at Boardwalk '02=My bandtrip to WDW in May(off property) and OKW in the summer '03=OKW in the summer and for New Years '04=7 day Disney Cruise on the Magic and a day trip to Downtown Disney '05=OKW in the summer and AKL for New Years '06=My brother's bandtrip to WDW in May and OKW in the summer '07=OKW '08=OKW '09=Pop Century for DBF's first WDW trip'10=Disneyland with the family and Pop Century with DBF for my birthday '11=AKL and DCL for our honeymoon'12=Pop Century for my birthday our 1 year wedding anniversary '13=OKW with the whole family!! '13=OKW for Christmas decorations! '14=Pop for anniversary and birthday trip
Me DH Rajah

Old 07-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #159
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
We're going to DHS on a Fantasmic Day a week and a half before you. If I have a new laptop by then, I'll PM you and let you know what it was like, how crazy it was, etc.

I can't stand AI either. Ryan Seacrest's voice drives me insane.
Ugh! Ryan Seacrest drives me nuts! I'll cross my fingers it's not busy for either of us at DHS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFaeriePrincess View Post
I'm sure you'll be fine on the Fantasmic day, if you get there at rope drop then you'll probably be fine. Do all of those big things first like RNRC, TOT, and TSM (if you're doing them) and then do the other stuff. Should work out all right. And hey it might not be so bad in the morning/early afternoon cause maybe most of the people won't get there until later for Fantasmic. Hope it all works out!
Thank you Yeah, we'll definitely try to do all the big stuff first. Mom will like TSM I think and then i can just go run and do TOT and RNRC on my own while she shops or hangs out. We're planning early mornings every day (although i hope we can stick to that! ha) so it shouldn't be too bad!
Old 07-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #160
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
Ugh! Ryan Seacrest drives me nuts! I'll cross my fingers it's not busy for either of us at DHS!
Do you watch the Soup? I love that Joel McHale rips on him all the time!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 07-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #161
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! No new news on the trip planning front. Just wanted to stop by and say hi Slowly getting closer to our departure date!

I still haven't bought airline tickets yet...the prices are just slightly crazy right now. i'm hoping they go down soon
Old 07-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #162
catherines_mama
DIS Veteran

I heard on the news that airfare was way down right now, esp Southwest.

I also heard, and looked into it, so I kind of believe it - Airfare starts the week low. And as you go through the week it increases. Like any fare on Monday will go up through the week but by Monday its down again.

Something to check out. Good luck with the tickets - keep us posted!
Old 07-16-2009, 08:53 PM   #163
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Just stopping by to say "Hi". Hope all is going well.

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
Old 07-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #164
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone! OK so I need serious advice about plane tickets!!!

Can I tell you that I'm jealous of all of you that don't have to fly out of a New York City airport!!! The airports charge the airlines so much for landing/gate fees that prices are just insane. The only airlines that fly nonstop to MCO from the 3 airports here are Continental, Jet Blue, Delta (for the most part...theres a few others but not any discount ones like Southwest, etc).

The perfect flights I found are leaving Newark at 7am and arriving at 9:40-ish. That gives up plenty of time to get to the hotel with ME and head to the GF for tea. Then our flight would leave at 5pm or 6pm on the way home.

So here's my dilemna.... a month or so ago I saw flights for $250 or $260 and thought even that was a little high so I decided to just wait a little bit. Sure enough I look the past few days and they're $305 and $320. I look this morning...$330!!! I almost fell out of my chair.

So now what the heck do I do?!
1) Do I just suck it up and pay the $330 for the perfect flight times I want.... 2) pay $303 to leave Newark an hour later and risk missing the GF Tea.
3) Or should I just wait it out and HOPE and PRAY that they go down or at least NOT go up any more?!

I can book through Orbitz and then if someone books the SAME exact flight going and coming for a cheaper price, they send me the difference. But do I take that chance and hope someone books a cheaper flight?!

I need suggestions and words of wisdom!!!

** oh..driving to another airport further away won't work either... I checked and the price to drive out there negates the price difference **
Old 07-22-2009, 09:38 AM   #165
dawnbu40
DIS Veteran

Wow! Those are awful prices! We're in Detroit and we can usually find flights for under $150 pp rt! (our sept fare was $120) I wouldn't count on the discount from Orbitz. We did that in Dec and of course no one booked it cheaper. I do know that one of those sites, not sure if its Expedia or Orbitz etc, does a tracker where they predict if your price will go up or down. You might want to check that out. As for prices, I've found it cheaper to book directly through the airline than through the other sites. Good luck!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: