Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2009, 07:37 AM   #31
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Yes, it has its plusses, that's for sure. I'll look forward to seeing the graphic and hearing your ideas for it

Oh no! I hadn't heard about that. I've scoured the net and it looks like Disney doesn't plan on announcing their intentions on it yet. Just have to keep our eyes peeled on it. It would be a bummer if they didn't do it - we have never seen it with the HMH theme

Yes, that is very cool! Horray!
Okies, I haven't had a chance to start looking for something yet but I will sometime today or this weekend.

I hope that the HMH theme is up for y'all while you're there too. I really wanna see those pictures. I think if we ever are able to afford a trip out to DLR it will be around Halloween time so we can see the HM all decorated. NMBC is Chris' absolute favorite Disney movie.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #32
Leger13
DIS Veteran

page 3
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2009, 01:47 PM   #33
Tat2ddisneymom
Will have to keep the husband
Had to pee in a cup
As Captain Jack, he's just smokin'

Quote:
Hey, I just started it, don't even have an itinerary yet
But I like to be first!
Old 03-20-2009, 01:51 PM   #34
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Cool, good time to go - still get the full Halloween feel without the big crowds I'm happy to do custom logos for you, just send me a PM with what design you want and what names you want on them. I will post them to a directory on my server in hi-res jpeg format so you can download them to your computer I love spreading the Disney magic
Thank you!
Old 03-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #35
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that

Quote:
Before we get too far into this I have to warn you that I take pictures. I take quite a few pictures. hmmm..... Okay, I take a LOT of pictures. I took almost 10,000 at WDW/Sea World last January. You could say I have a problem
That's amazing!! I'm one of those who takes her camera with her, and comes back with only a handful of pics. Not sure why I even bother taking it.

Love the PTR so far! Your wife is so pretty and your kids are adorable. Plus I love that you are going in October. Halloween is my favorite holiday and spending it in the parks is just so much fun. They really manage to transform the entire park.
We'll be there October 22-25 and I cannot wait!

Quote:
Oh no! I hadn't heard about that. I've scoured the net and it looks like Disney doesn't plan on announcing their intentions on it yet. Just have to keep our eyes peeled on it. It would be a bummer if they didn't do it - we have never seen it with the HMH theme
I hope they do the Nightmare Before Christmas theme so you'll get to see it. It's pretty spectacular. Fingers crossed I guess!

Keep up the great PTR. Look forward to reading more.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:02 PM   #36
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
page 3
Top o' the page - nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2ddisneymom View Post
But I like to be first!
Okay, okay. I guess I'll just have to plan another trip then won't I

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
Thank you!
No problem ...and on that note, here's the "first draft" of the mickey pumpkin shirt:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
That's amazing!! I'm one of those who takes her camera with her, and comes back with only a handful of pics. Not sure why I even bother taking it.

Love the PTR so far! Your wife is so pretty and your kids are adorable. Plus I love that you are going in October. Halloween is my favorite holiday and spending it in the parks is just so much fun. They really manage to transform the entire park.
We'll be there October 22-25 and I cannot wait!

I hope they do the Nightmare Before Christmas theme so you'll get to see it. It's pretty spectacular. Fingers crossed I guess!

Keep up the great PTR. Look forward to reading more.
Yup, just a shutterbug. Thank you for the compliment on my fam, they are my bevy of beautiful girls.

I take it you've been during halloween before? Any advice? Cool that you're going there in October too! I think those of us traveling during the haunted holiday will be able to send enough DIS mojo to the park and they'll do the theming for us

I'm starting my itinerary now so I'll have more fun stuff to share soon

Hope everyone has a great weekend
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
mnmrmustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 11:11 PM   #37
mommaU4

Quote:
I take it you've been during halloween before? Any advice?
We've been the last two years during Halloween, and are very excited to be going again.

As for advice.....hmmm, probably just the usual things like go early and during the week to avoid crowds. October used to be considered a slow time but not anymore. It gets packed! This is a pic I snapped on a Saturday in front of the Haunted Mansion last year. Shoulder to shoulder people and strollers everywhere. But during the week, it wasn't bad.

Last year they had Jack and Sally out posing for pics and signing autographs. Get in line early if you want to meet them. They close the line off pretty quickly and I couldn't understand why at first, until I saw just how long they took with each guest. The interaction with them was really fun, and lingering.

There are lots of special Halloween themed treats offered during this time so save room in the budget and stomach for those! Especially the famous pumpkin muffin which is really good.

They even have special jack-o-lantern shaped sourdough bread for purchase over at the Pacific Wharf Cafe.

I'd recommend taking time to really take in all the decorations. The windows and shops walking down Main Street are all decked out. Even the horses get into the act and the napkins are themed! It's those little touches everywhere that really immerse you into the spirit of the holiday. (Yes, I actually took a pic of the horse's behind and a napkin. LOL But what can I say, I was impressed that Disney thought of everything!)

There is lots of fun Halloween merchandise for sale. And if your girls are into the characters, you'll have plenty of photo ops to take pics of them with the characters in their Halloween costumes.
Last year, Minnie was a witch, Goofy was in a skeleton costume, Chip and Dale were a cop and robber.

Near the Mexican restaurant and Big Thunder Mountain, they have a Day of the Dead display with some artists offering free "tattoos". Many people were walking right by because they didn't realize it was free to do. So we stopped and let the kids get it done. After all, how many things in Disney are free! We had to take advantage of that. lol

Okay, well, I'll shut up now. It's just a really fun time to be in the parks and I can't say enough about it. Hope some of this was useful. Oh, and I love your Mickey Pumpkin Shirt.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #38
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We've been the last two years during Halloween, and are very excited to be going again.

As for advice.....hmmm, probably just the usual things like go early and during the week to avoid crowds. October used to be considered a slow time but not anymore. It gets packed! This is a pic I snapped on a Saturday in front of the Haunted Mansion last year. Shoulder to shoulder people and strollers everywhere. But during the week, it wasn't bad.

Last year they had Jack and Sally out posing for pics and signing autographs. Get in line early if you want to meet them. They close the line off pretty quickly and I couldn't understand why at first, until I saw just how long they took with each guest. The interaction with them was really fun, and lingering.

There are lots of special Halloween themed treats offered during this time so save room in the budget and stomach for those! Especially the famous pumpkin muffin which is really good.

They even have special jack-o-lantern shaped sourdough bread for purchase over at the Pacific Wharf Cafe.

I'd recommend taking time to really take in all the decorations. The windows and shops walking down Main Street are all decked out. Even the horses get into the act and the napkins are themed! It's those little touches everywhere that really immerse you into the spirit of the holiday. (Yes, I actually took a pic of the horse's behind and a napkin. LOL But what can I say, I was impressed that Disney thought of everything!)

There is lots of fun Halloween merchandise for sale. And if your girls are into the characters, you'll have plenty of photo ops to take pics of them with the characters in their Halloween costumes.
Last year, Minnie was a witch, Goofy was in a skeleton costume, Chip and Dale were a cop and robber.

Near the Mexican restaurant and Big Thunder Mountain, they have a Day of the Dead display with some artists offering free "tattoos". Many people were walking right by because they didn't realize it was free to do. So we stopped and let the kids get it done. After all, how many things in Disney are free! We had to take advantage of that. lol

Okay, well, I'll shut up now. It's just a really fun time to be in the parks and I can't say enough about it. Hope some of this was useful. Oh, and I love your Mickey Pumpkin Shirt.
Okay, your pictures want to make me spend all my $ to get plane tickets to come out there from GA for Halloween!!!! That looks so fun!! Especially the food. And Jack and Sally are out signing autographs???? It's SO not fair that they don't do that at WDW!!! I think I may go pout now. Did you do a TR from this trip? If so I'd love to read it and see all of your pictures!
Old 03-21-2009, 08:33 AM   #39
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
No problem ...and on that note, here's the "first draft" of the mickey pumpkin shirt:

Hope everyone has a great weekend
I love the shirt! Nice job
Old 03-21-2009, 12:52 PM   #40
mommaU4

Quote:
Okay, your pictures want to make me spend all my $ to get plane tickets to come out there from GA for Halloween!!!! That looks so fun!! Especially the food. And Jack and Sally are out signing autographs???? It's SO not fair that they don't do that at WDW!!! I think I may go pout now. Did you do a TR from this trip? If so I'd love to read it and see all of your pictures!
Thanks. As a matter of fact, I did. It's here if you'd like to read it: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1988356
There are links in the first post to all the updates so you can skip all the chatter if you want.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:59 PM   #41
Tat2ddisneymom
Will have to keep the husband
Had to pee in a cup
As Captain Jack, he's just smokin'

Quote:

Thank you for posting these! I am also jealous that you ran into Jack and Sally! I didn't even realize that they came out to sign autographs. It must be a strictly DL thing.

And those pictures of that food...oh my gosh! I would have wanted to try a little bit of everything. That looks awesome.

It really was crowded. I guess WDW can get like that, too. I swear it was wall to wall people like that one day I was there last September. I hate that! Glad it calmed down during the week!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:30 AM   #42
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks. As a matter of fact, I did. It's here if you'd like to read it: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1988356
There are links in the first post to all the updates so you can skip all the chatter if you want.
Thanks for the link!
Old 03-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #43
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for posting these pics and info, it makes the trip feel that much more real :D

Quote:

Wow, that is pretty packed. I always try to avoid the parks on the weekends and am willing to yank the kids out of school for a few days to go during the week (they're always so heartbroken )

Quote:

Oh Cool! I had no idea they even had live characters for Jack and Sally - you guys were very lucky to have been able to have such a great interaction!

Quote:

What wonderful goodies ...I can tell already that I haven't budgeted enough money for food!

Quote:

Oh yes, we're doing five days and I'm hopeful that it will be enough to drink it all in and take lots of good pictures. If it isn't enough I'm already contemplating turning it into a 6-day trip (since the price isn't that much more and we just had Satuday planned as a pack it up and drive out day anyways). We would just get an early start in the park before it got packed and leave when it did.

Nice shot of the horse's hiney btw ;-] I hope I've budgeted enough money for merchandise, I know they'll have some cool stuff. And yes, my older DD is a fanatic about the characters and getting pics/autographs of all of them. The character schedule will be the first thing she goes for when we enter the park - lol

I'm looking forward to going to Mickey's Trick or Treat Party in CA. The girls want to dress up and DW and I are contemplating wearing the King and Queen of Hearts costumes we wore last halloween:

Quote:

Well that is great that they actually do some free activities. And the kid always love the face painting/tattoo stuff. And please, I love the enthusiasm - it is contagious!

Thank you about the pumpkin shirt. I still have some minor retooling to do on the design and then it will be on to the Jack Skellington one (hopefully we won't get tackled by the copyright police while we're in the parks wearing that one - lol).

Quote:
Yup, you're just going to have to pack a bag and join us! They don't do Jack and Sally at WDW??? How weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
I love the shirt! Nice job
Thank you very much!

Quote:
Oh, very cool - I'll have to check that out :-]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2ddisneymom View Post
Thank you for posting these! I am also jealous that you ran into Jack and Sally! I didn't even realize that they came out to sign autographs. It must be a strictly DL thing.

And those pictures of that food...oh my gosh! I would have wanted to try a little bit of everything. That looks awesome.

It really was crowded. I guess WDW can get like that, too. I swear it was wall to wall people like that one day I was there last September. I hate that! Glad it calmed down during the week!
Yup, you'll have to come out too Nikki! :D

As for me, still working on my itinerary but haven't had much time as part of the weekend was spent out of town and I came back to the boards being down Workin' right now but still finding little moments to DIS.

Cheers everyone!!!
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
mnmrmustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 09:34 AM   #44
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh yes, we're doing five days and I'm hopeful that it will be enough to drink it all in and take lots of good pictures. If it isn't enough I'm already contemplating turning it into a 6-day trip (since the price isn't that much more and we just had Satuday planned as a pack it up and drive out day anyways). We would just get an early start in the park before it got packed and leave when it did.

Yup, you're just going to have to pack a bag and join us! They don't do Jack and Sally at WDW??? How weird.

As for me, still working on my itinerary but haven't had much time as part of the weekend was spent out of town and I came back to the boards being down Workin' right now but still finding little moments to DIS.

Cheers everyone!!!
I think you should do a 6 day trip!! Go for it if it's not much more expensive!!

I would love to!! Maybe in a few years when I have all my debts paid off. And no they don't sadly I'm guessing it's strictly a DLR thing since they do the NBC decorations inside the HM there. I still don't think it's fair though!

Out of town huh? Business trip? That stinks that you came back during the "upgrade". Glad you are still finding a few moments to dis from work. I really hate that they did the maintenance to the boards on the weekend. I mean, how dumb was that?? They really should have done it during the week when we're all supposed to be working anyways
Old 03-25-2009, 11:41 AM   #45
Sarah84
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Those photos are fantastic, make me wish i was visiting when the halloween decorations are up well apart from the photo of the crowd
April 2012: Disney World wedding & Mexico honeymoon
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic
Sarah84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: