Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2009, 09:22 AM   #16
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

I LOVE Pictures!!!! More, More, More!!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:20 AM   #17
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Hey DISkateers!

Before we get too far into this I have to warn you that I take pictures. I take quite a few pictures. hmmm..... Okay, I take a LOT of pictures. I took almost 10,000 at WDW/Sea World last January. You could say I have a problem

I did whittle it down to only POSTING 1,800 of them in the TR though...

...whaaattt

Your pictures is one of the major reasons I just had to jump onto this PTR. I absolutely love them. (cameraface....hahahaha)

Quote:
I also enjoy telling a story. So this thing will meander, grow, sputter and nearly fall on its face only to rise again like Robert Downey Jr's career after a string of sober days and a decent script. It will spawn little orphan stories that get trapped out in the snow and have to be rescued by a square-jawed hero-type armed only with a FastPass and an extra large Dole Whip!

For lo, we are DISfans and our appetite for all things Disney is insatiable and not even a Beverly will quench it
great comparison to Downey's career. And as much as I loved seeing your pictures I also loved reading the story too.

Quote:
Ahem, got a little far afield already I see. So, back to the picture thing. First I should do the obligatory pictures of the fam and I.

Well, that's a little taste of where this thing is heading. If y'all enjoy reading this 1/10th as much as I enjoy making it I know we'll all have a great time :-]

Until next time, have a great night and Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you all!
Great pictures! Bean is so funny with the faces she makes. Your wife looks great in the picture from last year's xmas party. Pumpkin girl looks really cute in the Winter festival picture and look at you showin' your st. patty's day pride.

at the comment you made above the picture from LMA. I gotta remember to bring those next time.

Oh yeah and I still can't believe you scored a picture of the ghosts on ToT. I'm jealous!

Last edited by Leger13; 03-18-2009 at 10:22 AM. Reason: I DID put comments after each quote....wth happened to them?? Ugh!!
Leger13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #18
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
I love the holidays at the parks. I want to go sometime at Halloween. December is the best time for my husband Scotty to take off from work and he races bicycles and there are no races in December. Nice of you to wear you St Paddy's day green in a picture today. Happy St Patrick's day!
I agree, it just adds another level of magic to the trip. There was still some Christmas stuff up and IaSW still had its Christmas theming when we were there in '05. One day we'll get back there during the real Christmas season

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
Loving all the pics and looking forward to reading more of your TR!
Thank you! Very happy to have you aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I LOVE Pictures!!!! More, More, More!!!!
I'll see what I can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
Your pictures is one of the major reasons I just had to jump onto this PTR. I absolutely love them. (cameraface....hahahaha)

great comparison to Downey's career. And as much as I loved seeing your pictures I also loved reading the story too.

Great pictures! Bean is so funny with the faces she makes. Your wife looks great in the picture from last year's xmas party. Pumpkin girl looks really cute in the Winter festival picture and look at you showin' your st. patty's day pride.

at the comment you made above the picture from LMA. I gotta remember to bring those next time.

Oh yeah and I still can't believe you scored a picture of the ghosts on ToT. I'm jealous!
I'll keep crankin' out the pics and am more than happy to share 'em. And the stories along with them :D And on the ladies in my life, I was just graced with lovely ones. And yes, had to put in a good Irish shirt for the holiday. It's in me blood!

Yeah, I think that would be a great added feature to LMA, have some of the crew come out with marshmallows and cook 'em up before they put him out. Pure luck on the ghosts capture - just took a bunch of pics and got lucky
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
mnmrmustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #19
Sarah84
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh cool, you'll be able to give me all the latest info! Will they have HM open with the Nightmare theme when you're there?
unfortunately not, we'll be there 1st-7th Sep so before it gets the nightmare theme.

Love your photos
April 2012: Disney World wedding & Mexico honeymoon
March 2013: Disneyland Paris July 2013: Las Vegas Jan 2014: Disney World & Disney cruise on The Magic

Last edited by Sarah84; 03-18-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Sarah84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #20
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Well this isn't worth a chapter, but we've been tossing around t-shirt ideas. For WDW last year we did this on both plain Ts and tie-dyed versions:

This is the first one we've come up with for this trip:

I'll also be putting together a mickey pumpkin-themed one, and of course a Jack Skellington one :D Anyone else have any thoughts? And of course if anyone is going during the Halloween season I'm happy to customize any of the designs for other DISers and make 'em available for download
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure

Last edited by mnmrmustard; 03-18-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:04 PM   #21
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
unfortunately not, we'll be there 1st-7th Sep so before it gets the nightmare theme
Well as long as it isn't closed for the transition while you're there. That's what happened to us in '05 - it was closed to transition back to the classic theme.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #22
jordansmomma
DebbieLouWho WendyLouWho's sister
I would so be in...but I am not climbing on top
The cheap & free ones are not that bad

Quote:
Well this isn't worth a chapter, but we've been tossing around t-shirt ideas. For WDW last year we did this on both plain Ts and tie-dyed versions:

I'll also be putting together a mickey pumpkin-themed one, and of course a Jack Skellington one :D Anyone else have any thoughts? And of course if anyone is going during the Halloween season I'm happy to customize any of the designs for other DISers and make 'em available for download

I love your shirt ideas!
My kids & I will be there Oct. 19-26.

I would love to have you customize shirts for us, that would be great!

I can't wait to read more!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:09 AM   #23
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll keep crankin' out the pics and am more than happy to share 'em. And the stories along with them :D And on the ladies in my life, I was just graced with lovely ones. And yes, had to put in a good Irish shirt for the holiday. It's in me blood!

Yeah, I think that would be a great added feature to LMA, have some of the crew come out with marshmallows and cook 'em up before they put him out. Pure luck on the ghosts capture - just took a bunch of pics and got lucky
haha you're such a charmer.

I can see it now at LMA. Maybe one of us should write to Disney and suggest it.

Quote:

AWESOME shirts!!!!!! Do you do those on Photoshop??? I really really need to learn how to use that program. I've seen a few web sites that teach you how but I haven't taken the time to learn yet. Do you think you could drum up some ides for t-shirts for me and Chris for our Xmas group trip?? Pretty please, with a cherry on top??
Old 03-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #24
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

You brought up a good question about the HM being down for the holiday overlay..... I know it goes down for a month for them to do it....but not sure if it's down in Sept for an October opening or down in Nov. with IASW for the Christmas time..... will have to research that!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #25
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordansmomma View Post
I love your shirt ideas!
My kids & I will be there Oct. 19-26.

I would love to have you customize shirts for us, that would be great!

I can't wait to read more!
Cool, good time to go - still get the full Halloween feel without the big crowds I'm happy to do custom logos for you, just send me a PM with what design you want and what names you want on them. I will post them to a directory on my server in hi-res jpeg format so you can download them to your computer I love spreading the Disney magic

Quote:
haha you're such a charmer.

I can see it now at LMA. Maybe one of us should write to Disney and suggest it.
Hehe, what can I say - I love my girls

Yeah, we should do that - it would be a great comic moment in amongst the action

Quote:
AWESOME shirts!!!!!! Do you do those on Photoshop??? I really really need to learn how to use that program. I've seen a few web sites that teach you how but I haven't taken the time to learn yet. Do you think you could drum up some ides for t-shirts for me and Chris for our Xmas group trip?? Pretty please, with a cherry on top??
Yup, I do them in PhotoShop CS3. I tried to learn the program online, but there is just so much to it. I still use the web to figure out specific looks, but I did end up taking a formal college class to learn all the menus and such. Plus I took a separate digital photography community education class to get the most out of the pictures and how to best work with them in PS. Working at a community college has its advantages :D

And sure, I can do some Christmas-themed looks. It would be helpful if you can give me a concept or even better, a base image to start from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
You brought up a good question about the HM being down for the holiday overlay..... I know it goes down for a month for them to do it....but not sure if it's down in Sept for an October opening or down in Nov. with IASW for the Christmas time..... will have to research that!
Last year is was closed from September 4th to the 21st to bring up the Nightmare theme. I would imagine it will be very similar dates this year.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:53 PM   #26
Tat2ddisneymom
Will have to keep the husband
Had to pee in a cup
As Captain Jack, he's just smokin'

See, this is what happens when I go out of town for work. I miss out on who has started trip reports. Once again, I was in the dark. Thanks, Mike.

Wow, 15 years, huh? DW must be a saint.

That shirt is the BEST! I love it! I'm not going to anywhere Disney related this year, but I want one!!
Old 03-19-2009, 06:21 PM   #27
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hehe, what can I say - I love my girls

Yeah, we should do that - it would be a great comic moment in amongst the action

Yup, I do them in PhotoShop CS3. I tried to learn the program online, but there is just so much to it. I still use the web to figure out specific looks, but I did end up taking a formal college class to learn all the menus and such. Plus I took a separate digital photography community education class to get the most out of the pictures and how to best work with them in PS. Working at a community college has its advantages :D

And sure, I can do some Christmas-themed looks. It would be helpful if you can give me a concept or even better, a base image to start from.
Heck yeah it would! I'm laughing just picturing it in my head.

You're lucky to have those kinds of classes readily available to you. I really wish I did. I guess I could take one here at one of the community colleges but I'm just too lazy I'll try and see if I can figure stuff out from one of those web sites but for now I'll just use you if that's okay. I greatly appreciate you helping me out. I will search for a graphic to use on the t-shirt and hit you up when I have found one. You are the BEST!!
Old 03-19-2009, 06:42 PM   #28
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I wonder if they are actually going to do the HMH this year because of the anniversary? I had heard that they weren't I wonder? I hope they do we love it. Kody found out today her best friends family is going at the same time we are. They are both thrilled, it was so nice to see Kody in such a goood mood.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #29
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wonder if they are actually going to do the HMH this year because of the anniversary? I had heard that they weren't I wonder? I hope they do we love it. Kody found out today her best friends family is going at the same time we are. They are both thrilled, it was so nice to see Kody in such a goood mood.
oh that's awesome that Kody's best friend is going to DLR the same time you are. Thank goodness for something to lift her spirits in these difficult times.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:24 AM   #30
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2ddisneymom View Post
See, this is what happens when I go out of town for work. I miss out on who has started trip reports. Once again, I was in the dark. Thanks, Mike.

Wow, 15 years, huh? DW must be a saint.

That shirt is the BEST! I love it! I'm not going to anywhere Disney related this year, but I want one!!
Hey, I just started it, don't even have an itinerary yet

Yup, 15 years of weirdness and wonderment ....and yes, she's and exceptionally tolerant woman

Quote:
Heck yeah it would! I'm laughing just picturing it in my head.

You're lucky to have those kinds of classes readily available to you. I really wish I did. I guess I could take one here at one of the community colleges but I'm just too lazy I'll try and see if I can figure stuff out from one of those web sites but for now I'll just use you if that's okay. I greatly appreciate you helping me out. I will search for a graphic to use on the t-shirt and hit you up when I have found one. You are the BEST!!
Yes, it has its plusses, that's for sure. I'll look forward to seeing the graphic and hearing your ideas for it

Quote:
Oh no! I hadn't heard about that. I've scoured the net and it looks like Disney doesn't plan on announcing their intentions on it yet. Just have to keep our eyes peeled on it. It would be a bummer if they didn't do it - we have never seen it with the HMH theme

Quote:
oh that's awesome that Kody's best friend is going to DLR the same time you are. Thank goodness for something to lift her spirits in these difficult times.
Yes, that is very cool! Horray!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: