Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #211
Leger13
DIS Veteran

ONE MORE SLEEP!! I hope you guys have a safe trip and a GREAT time. Looking fwd to hearing all abt it when you get back.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #212
disneynerd420
DIS NINJA

Sounds exciting. I'm gonna be waiting for the TR when you get home!

Disneynerd420's January 2010 Birthday trip report!!! http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post35194091
2 Guys, a Mom and The Mouse. Sept '09 (A disneynerd420 Trip report) PIC INTENSIVE! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2268157
Check out my June 5th through the 10th 2009 trip report! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2203536
disneynerd420 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2009, 09:37 PM   #213
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebuzzandwoody View Post
You are in the home stretch!!! I'll bet you are busy today! Just wanted to drop by and say ...

HAVE A MAGICAL TIME!!!
Thank you! Doing the last minute stuff right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
HAVE A SPOOKTACULAR TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR AND SEE ALL IT WHEN U GET HOME

Thank you too Sharky - I'm sure I'll have some great stories to tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
ONE MORE SLEEP!! I hope you guys have a safe trip and a GREAT time. Looking fwd to hearing all abt it when you get back.
Yup, if we can sleep - lol. Thank you Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynerd420 View Post
Sounds exciting. I'm gonna be waiting for the TR when you get home!
Oh yeah, and if I know me I'll be starting the TR from down there
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
mnmrmustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:41 PM   #214
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

I hope you all have a wonderful time. And I look forward to reading your trip report and the pictures.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:53 PM   #215
UtahDisneyFan
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to hear all about your trip, especially the trick or treat party. I would love to hear your take on the festivities.
UtahDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #216
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Well I will have a colorful TR for sure - starting with a medical emergency landing in SAC for a passenger that passed out and was unresponsive. The rain hasn't been too bad but I have been fighting a cold and Roxy is starting to come down with one, so we are tag-teaming taking the kids to the parks. The good news is that starting tomorrow the weather will be nice and SUNNY!!!! Just in time for the Trick or Treat party
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Old 10-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #217
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Well I will have a colorful TR for sure - starting with a medical emergency landing in SAC for a passenger that passed out and was unresponsive. The rain hasn't been too bad but I have been fighting a cold and Roxy is starting to come down with one, so we are tag-teaming taking the kids to the parks. The good news is that starting tomorrow the weather will be nice and SUNNY!!!! Just in time for the Trick or Treat party
How awful with the flight. I hope that person was okay. That sucks that you and Roxy are both sick. I hope you both feel better before the trip is over, the last time we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel I was sick as a dog. It is a nice place to be when you are sick, all Disneyland TV all the time. I am glad the weather is clearing up, and I hope the rest of your trip is wonderful.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #218
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Quote:
Hey Mustard

I hope that poor person is okay

Sorry you both have colds

Hope the sunny weather coming in makes you all feel better

Have fun
Old 10-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #219
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Quote:
oh my that sounds awful Mike! Sorry to hear about all the rain and sickies. I'm glad to hear that it will clear up (the rain) for tomorrow's party. I hope you guys have fun despite the colds.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:06 AM   #220
Leger13
DIS Veteran

hmmmm when are you guys coming back? I can't remember. Hope the flight back isn't as eventful as the one over there.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:39 PM   #221
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
How awful with the flight. I hope that person was okay. That sucks that you and Roxy are both sick. I hope you both feel better before the trip is over, the last time we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel I was sick as a dog. It is a nice place to be when you are sick, all Disneyland TV all the time. I am glad the weather is clearing up, and I hope the rest of your trip is wonderful.
Yeah, it made for a colorful flight out for sure. DLH was a good place to be sick and was also a good jumping off place for DL. The weather was pretty wacky, but pretty good overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Hey Mustard

I hope that poor person is okay

Sorry you both have colds

Hope the sunny weather coming in makes you all feel better

Have fun
Yes, the person came back to and was given a bag of IV saline (didn't even know they carried that on planes) and there was a nurse on board who kept up with his vitals and such. Interesting side note, the flight attendant said that she has never flown and had an emergency where there wasn't a doctor/nurse/emt on board. Go figure.

The sunny weather was nice in a way, but it was also humid as all get out. Almost felt like WDW - lol

Quote:
oh my that sounds awful Mike! Sorry to hear about all the rain and sickies. I'm glad to hear that it will clear up (the rain) for tomorrow's party. I hope you guys have fun despite the colds.
We made it through and still had lots of fun

Quote:
hmmmm when are you guys coming back? I can't remember. Hope the flight back isn't as eventful as the one over there.
We made it back Saturday evening but have been unpacking and decompressing and such. Post trip tiredness and blues and all that. Just now getting it together
Old 10-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #222
kaoden39
Hugs

Glad to see you guys made it back okay Mike. I look forward to reading your trip report.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:41 PM   #223
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Day 1 Part 1 - An Eventful First Day

We woke up on Day 1 - Monday, October 12th, at 4am after 1 1/2hrs sleep. We had stayed up late doing all of that last minute stuff that you think you'll have plenty of time to do, but somehow ends up more complicated and time consuming - lol

Here's the Ts that we did up for the trip:

We made it to airport by 5:30am for 7am flight - check-in was easy with no lines. When we got to the gate we found out the flight had been delayed by 30 minutes due to icing on the wings trying to leave their first hop. I was trying to keep focused but was very tired and was developing a cough.

We took off for LAX around 7:30am with a flight time of just under 2hrs. But about an hour in we had an in-flight medical emergency. A 24 year old guy passed out and was unresponsive. A call went out for medical professionals and a nurse sitting a couple of rows behind us volunteered. She worked with him while we diverted to SAC.

It was a fast decent but the pilots did good. The paramedics were waiting when we landed and took him off pretty quicky, but we still ended up being grounded for about 1 1/2 hours due to the paperwork. We were back in air just before 10am and landed at LAX around 11am.

It was an easy trip to baggage claim and the on to the "green island" to wait for our bus. Of course Bean managed to find an animal friend

We had to wear DW and my pirate hats on the flight since they couldn't keep their shape if we tried to pack them. And I can tell you we got some looks here and there. Here's a shot of Pumpkin Girl giving me a "look" of her own while wearing Roxy's

It was only a 20 min wait for ME bus and the fam kept busy with a spirited game of "patty-cake" - lol

And then came our magical chariot!

Bean wanted to sit up front behind the driver, so I sat up there too. He was a nice guy and we had a good conversation. Unfortunately my throat was starting to get worse. But I perked up when my eye caught this!

And then were were on the grounds:

We made a quick stop at the Grand Californian:

Then back on the road

Thar she blows!

We got ourselves together and picked up our bags, tipped our driver and we on our way in :D

On to check-in with no line at all - whoohoo!

We were given a free upgrade to a premium pool/park view in Wonder tower - Double WhooHoo!!!!!!

I think I'm at the pic limit, so I'll jump right back in to continue Day 1 ;-]
Old 10-20-2009, 10:54 PM   #224
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Welcome Home!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #225
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Very nice! With some differences, your arrival was very much like ours. Except I only wished we'd stopped at GCH first; we went to DLH, they did the ticket/money taking there, then we moved over to GCH. Strange little differences....

Loving the pix you took along the way...wishing I'd taken some of those...

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: