Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2009, 07:07 PM   #136
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
How cool about touring the cat park. Oh, I hope you can get a Barbossa costume done. He is one of my favorite characters from the series. And no Jack Sparrow was not my favorite character. Odd considering my avatar.
Yes, she had a great time there. Sadly it was the going away party for one of her best friends ...she was one of the "3 musketeers" - they had been together since 1st grade and her mom and her just moved up north so her mom could continue on with her large animal vet degree.

Yes, I hope it works out to be Barbossa ...I'm even growing out a beard - lol. He was always my favorite character in the series.

I'm looking at options for buying a decent quality version on eBay and also have feelers out to a seamstress who had made one for a customer in the past that looks fantastic, but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to afford the cost of having one fully custom made.
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
mnmrmustard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #137
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Yes, she had a great time there. Sadly it was the going away party for one of her best friends ...she was one of the "3 musketeers" - they had been together since 1st grade and her mom and her just moved up north so her mom could continue on with her large animal vet degree.

Yes, I hope it works out to be Barbossa ...I'm even growing out a beard - lol. He was always my favorite character in the series.

I'm looking at options for buying a decent quality version on eBay and also have feelers out to a seamstress who had made one for a customer in the past that looks fantastic, but I'm sure I wouldn't be able to afford the cost of having one fully custom made.
That's unfortunate that her friend had to move away. My sons school closed and he and his friends got split up between two different middle schools so it is a chore and this is the first week. I am trying to change his school so he can be with his friends ans hi band teacher.

Having a costume made can be really expensive, hopefully you can find one on ebay or such.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2009, 07:24 PM   #138
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's unfortunate that her friend had to move away. My sons school closed and he and his friends got split up between two different middle schools so it is a chore and this is the first week. I am trying to change his school so he can be with his friends ans hi band teacher.

Having a costume made can be really expensive, hopefully you can find one on ebay or such.
Yeah, they are bummed but they both play a game called Wizard 101 online so they'll still be able to have virtual play dates

That is too bad about your son and his friends being split up. I hope you are able to get him transferred, espeically if he has a band teacher that he likes. Having a good band teacher has done wonders for Kyra and her flute/picolo playing.
1976 - Disneyland ~ 2002 - Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2005 - Disneyland ~ 2008 - Walt Disney World - SeaWorld/Discovery Cove ~ 2009 - Disneyland ~ 2011 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure ~ 2012 - Walt Disney World/Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure
Old 08-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #139
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmrmustard View Post
Yeah, they are bummed but they both play a game called Wizard 101 online so they'll still be able to have virtual play dates

That is too bad about your son and his friends being split up. I hope you are able to get him transferred, espeically if he has a band teacher that he likes. Having a good band teacher has done wonders for Kyra and her flute/picolo playing.
Loren has been with Mr Hunt for two years and he is supposed to be first chair trombone in the jazz band and he won't even be able to be in the jazz band if they don't change his school. The band director at this school has a Napoleon complex, and he and I are gonna butt heads if Loren';s school doesn't get changed.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:57 PM   #140
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Hey Mustard

Cat park sounds really cool. What a shame her friend is leaving. By I am sure by power of internet, they will remain in touch

That is so nice to take your nephew in and to DL with ya

Can you take some pics of Goofy's Kitchen? I am curious what it looks like in there. If you forget, no biggie.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:18 AM   #141
Leger13
DIS Veteran

an update!! The plans look great Mike! And good to hear from you too. I was beginning to wonder what happened to you.

Oh and I wanted to say, that is super nice that you are taking your nephew in to your home for the school year and also taking him to Disney with you. What a lucky kid!! And what a nice uncle you are.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #142
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Loren has been with Mr Hunt for two years and he is supposed to be first chair trombone in the jazz band and he won't even be able to be in the jazz band if they don't change his school. The band director at this school has a Napoleon complex, and he and I are gonna butt heads if Loren';s school doesn't get changed.
Well lots of prayers and pixie dust that you can just get him moved over Michele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Hey Mustard

Cat park sounds really cool. What a shame her friend is leaving. By I am sure by power of internet, they will remain in touch

That is so nice to take your nephew in and to DL with ya

Can you take some pics of Goofy's Kitchen? I am curious what it looks like in there. If you forget, no biggie.
Howdy Sharky! It is a pretty cool park, not big but lots of big cats in it. And yes, between the phone and the computer they are staying in touch pretty well.

My nephew really needed a break. In his house he was mostly either ignored or yelled at, so it kind of stunted his emotional growth. We're helping him to come out of his shell a bit.

Ohhhh, you know me - I'll work hard to max out the board's picture quota when it comes to posting my TR. I'll have plenty of pictures of Goofy's Kitchen and all the rest of the Disney Halloween goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
an update!! The plans look great Mike! And good to hear from you too. I was beginning to wonder what happened to you.

Oh and I wanted to say, that is super nice that you are taking your nephew in to your home for the school year and also taking him to Disney with you. What a lucky kid!! And what a nice uncle you are.
Hey Carla! I have a really hard time keeping up with online sites during the summer - lots of upgrades & other stuff at my work and every extra minute outside of work focused on getting outside and having fun or collapsing into a heap from all the work and fun

Thank you on the plans - I'm sure they'll change and morph as we get closer, but at least all of the tickets/reservations are done except for the Fantasmic! Dessert Buffet/prority seating, which you can't book until 30 days out and is pretty pricey, so we may or may not do it.

And thank you about us taking in Kris, he is a challenge but Roxy and I are up for it!

Oh, and in other news it looks like we may be buying another rig! We're looking at a 2001 Suburban for hauling our trailer and the added family/friends we have to take places. It is in really good condition and has a clean carfax. It has all of the bells and whistles including leather, DVD, On-Star, heated seats, CD, third row seating, tinted windows, running boards, 5.3L V8, 4x4, 120k, perfect condition-all the options.

I know it is a gas hog, but we nearly blew a head gasket on our Windstar trying to haul 7 of us and our gear towing our camp trailer to the coast this past weekend. The seller just wants what he owes in payments (which prices out just below blue book) to get out from under it and get a quad cab for hauling.

We took it for a test drive yesterday evening and I looked for the obvious stuff that would indicate engine or transmission issues and it looked good. The only thing broken was a cup holder. Our mechanic is going to give it a once over and test drive it on Friday and if he gives the thumbs-up we'll pick it up on Friday or Saturday. Here's a pic of it:

Old 08-24-2009, 04:14 PM   #143
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

A little aside here, as you all know I've been away having fun in the sun instead of hanging out on the boards as much. Thought I'd share some of the fun we've been having :-]

Here's a few pics from our last two outings:

Crater Lake

The Boulders near Prospect, OR

The Gorge near Union Creek, OR

The kids with a horse that had just come back from stretching its legs

below the Natural Bridge near Union Creek, OR

Kids walking the trail to the Natural Bridge

The Natural Bridge

The girls in front of Crater Lake

Me in front of Crater Lake

Wizard Island

Long way down

Kids helping tell the story of Crater Lake’s formation

Fishing at River Bridge north of Prospect, OR

More fishing

Our campsite at Stewart State Park just south of Prospect, OR (and no, that’s not my boat – darn it)

Last panorama of Crater Lake

Harris Beach

Our campsite

Our trailer

Kids walking down onto Harris Beach, just north of Brookings, OR

Up on a big rock

Oh no, there goes the sand castle!

Harris is a beautiful beach

Bigger splash

Old man in the rock

Girls up on a rock
Old 08-24-2009, 04:15 PM   #144
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Cute shot of the girls playing in the sand

Incoming wave

Bigger one

That one got Kyra

Splash!

Run, Kris, run!

Getting ready for Transformers II to start at an actual Drive-In movie theater!

Heading down to the beach at Pistol River (great for sand dollars)

Off they go!

Bean and Cleo, our poodle

Roxy and the girls with Caesar, our CockaPoo

Me running with the dogs

Me with the kids and the Pistol River beach in the background
Old 08-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #145
kaoden39
Hugs

What beautiful pictures. I have always wanted to go to Crater Lake. Now even more so.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #146
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
What beautiful pictures. I have always wanted to go to Crater Lake. Now even more so.
It is very beautiful, I've been up there in spring, summer, fall, and winter and they all lend a different type of wonder to the place.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:28 PM   #147
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

WOW

It is so gorgeous there. Those lake pics are amazing

Beach looked like so much fun

I love all the shots of kids playing

Looks like you had a great summer
Old 08-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #148
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
WOW

It is so gorgeous there. Those lake pics are amazing

Beach looked like so much fun

I love all the shots of kids playing

Looks like you had a great summer
It is an amazing place, I've lived the southeast, the southwest, south-central, and central US (plus overseas) and I can't imagine living anywhere else. All the stuff you saw in those pictures were 2hrs or less from our house

Yes, the kids had an amazing time there - we all did. We all had such a good time that we're going back there this weekend for one last hurrah. And this time we got a campsite with an ocean view!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:43 AM   #149
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Those pictures are amazing!! The first few you posted look like they belong on postcards. Great shots! That lake looks like tons of fun. And I think it's awesome that you took your dogs with you. I hope to one day take at least a dog or two with me to the beach. I bet they had just as much fun as you guys did.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:18 PM   #150
mnmrmustard
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
Those pictures are amazing!! The first few you posted look like they belong on postcards. Great shots! That lake looks like tons of fun. And I think it's awesome that you took your dogs with you. I hope to one day take at least a dog or two with me to the beach. I bet they had just as much fun as you guys did.
Thank you Carla

The lake is very cool indeed and is (puts on useless info hat )technically a caldera left over from Mt Mazama seriously blowing its top about 7,700 years ago. It is the deepest freshwater lake in the western hemisphere, with a depth of 1949ft and has some of the bluest water you will ever see.

Oh yes, you have to take your dogs to a beach some time - they just naturally love the water and the open space to run

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: