Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 04:35 PM   #1411
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

It was HOT here today and will be again tomorrow. At baseball I checked the temp on my phone and it was 88 degrees. It's supposed to be the same tomorrow. Needless to say it was VERY warm at baseball and we were there for 3 1/2 hours. It was way better than his last game on Wednesday....I was wrapped in a blanket but still shivering. I'll take warm any day!!

I just made some banana chocolate chip muffins and I'm bringing them with me to my brother's house. We're going over there for burgers.

Tomorrow we're headed to Lancaster for the day since it's going to be so beautiful. We'll just go to a bunch of shops, maybe go on a buggy ride...stuff like that. The kids are VERY excited!! It was their idea.

I am off to get the muffins out, I hear the oven timer beeping!!

Chat with you all later on!!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 04-25-2009, 05:37 PM   #1412
quietgirll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
I hope it is warmer where everyone else is than it is in Iowa, because holy crap it is cold!!! Yesterday it was 92 degrees, right now it is 43 and I just got back from 2 hours at a very windy, very cold soccer field. BRRRRRR!!! I think my toes are frozen! Not much planned for today. I am having a Lia Sophia party next week so I need to start planning the food for that. Going to just hang out at home with the kiddos... and try to stay warm!!!
omg...it is SO HOT here!! I have tons of housework and getting ready for disney to do, but it is so HOT i just want to sit....lol! Im washing clothes but its taking forever at this rate...its almost 90 degrees, and im trying to hold off turning on the AC.....
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #1413
danalee
You wouldnt understand, its a New Kids thing!

Hello Everybody!

WoW is it HOT here, its 11am and I swear its 80 already but going from 30 last week I am so not complaining! PA weather gotta love it!

I finally have some good news! Eric's heart flow increased by 10% and all was looking good! They are letting him work 3 days a week no more 5 to 6hrs a day and no more than 20hrs a week but its a start and we couldnt be happier!

The change in Eric is 10 fold, he just kept feeling like he was letting us down by not be able to work and such, and we are just happy by the grace of god we got to keep him! From 2 months ago to maybe never working again, this is huge!!! So things are looking up! and that deserves a few...

I havent posted much but I jump on read and keep up, even got on the Twitter thing, and I love Donnie, lord knows I do, but those instructions yesterday.....I think my family would have sent me to the looney bin doing all that, so I had to pass

So thank all of you again, I know I have thanked you guys before, but just knowing someone you never met sends you a good wish or a thought means the world, it really does! you guys are awesome! I always knew NKOTB fans rocked (well us not the crazy ones anyway, LOL)
1998 Sept ~POFQ (honeymoon)
2005 Aug ~All Star Movie Son's first trip! B-day Surprise!
2006 Sept ~PoP w/ free dining (& 8th wedding anniversery)
2008 Aug ~All Star Sports Son's B-Day
2010 Sept ~POFQ Friends, Family & Anniversary Trip!
2012 Sept ~POFQ w/ BFF & Family~
Old 04-26-2009, 12:06 PM   #1414
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Good afternoon friends! We've been lazy today and it's not so bad.

Friday night was Wyatt's baseball game, he finally got a hit!!! WOOHOO Made an AWESOME play at 1st AND they won their first game! It was a great night.

Yesterday was lots of running around in the AM, grocery store, etc. Then Jay's friends came over for a Draft Day party. Men! My cousin and her BFF were down this weekend for her brother's high school play, so I went to that with them. They did You're a Good Man Charlie Brown. It was interesting. Some of the kids were good actors but their singing not so much. They tried though! It was cute.

My mom, stepdad, Mommom, stepgrandfather and 2 of my mom's friends are leaving today on a 2 week cruise. They are leaving out of Bayonne, NJ and I'm insanely jealous!! I told my stepdad that I want jewelry with red stones this time. They cruise about every other year lately, so last time I got emerald earrings, necklace and ring. The time before that was an emerald bracelet. Mom always says I get something not $$$, Ron says otherwise. He spoils me.

Old 04-26-2009, 12:33 PM   #1415
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

I am so jealous of everyone's warm weather!!! It is in the 50's here and raining. Not going tobe very nice this week. April showers bring May flowers, I guess!

Dana, great news about Eric!!! Soooooo happy to hear that he is doing better!

Erin... hope you get some good jewels!!! A two week cruise sounds lovely!!!

My kids and I went goth last night and they took a picture of me in my get up. It was pretty fun! My BFF is coming to town on Tuesday night and I think that we are going to do a video! We came up with a great idea, hope it turns out good!!! I will post the link when we upload it.

Enjoy your Sunday and have a good week,ladies!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #1416
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Here's some bananas for your family dana -

Erin, if my parents went on a 2 week cruise without me I'd be crying! Benefit or downfall of being an only child? Hmmm......

It is HOT here too. It went from cold to hot in the blink of an eye. We're going to my parents for a cookout and help get somethings planted in the garden. Faith is taking a nap, Alex is with my dad and dh is riding his motorcycle so I get some quiet time!

Old 04-26-2009, 04:36 PM   #1417
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserkaren View Post
Here's some bananas for your family dana -

Erin, if my parents went on a 2 week cruise without me I'd be crying! Benefit or downfall of being an only child? Hmmm......

It is HOT here too. It went from cold to hot in the blink of an eye. We're going to my parents for a cookout and help get somethings planted in the garden. Faith is taking a nap, Alex is with my dad and dh is riding his motorcycle so I get some quiet time!
It's funny Karen...my mom and I will talk and/or email probably once a day if possible. We always do. LOL

Old 04-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #1418
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Check out @RetroRewind on Twitter. You can listen online through the link on his page and his show ROCKS!!! It is all 80's/early 90's and lots of NKOTB! if he gets to 2000 followers before the show tonight he will do an all NKOTB show for 3 hrs!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #1419
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! Just checking in since it's been awhile. It sounds like everyone had good/busy weekends! We're on our 3rd day of 80s temps. We finally broke down and turned on the AC last night because we checked on Nicolas and he was sweating in bed. I am in the process of making plans for our trip to Cleveland next Monday. We're staying there for 2 nights (Alone!) because I have a friend who lives there and is actually the warehouse manager for A Christmas Story House & Museum. When we went to the convention in November we were chatting with her and Brian (the guy who owns the house) and I was joking about how I wanted Doug to bid on the overnight stay in the house on Christmas Eve they had on ebay as a charity auction (it was way pricey!) for me and he told me he was sure something could be arranged since I was a friend My mouth dropped! So, we are staying in THE HOUSE from the movie! My favorite movie of all time! It's supposed to be kind of low key since people actually paid a lot of money to stay there (though it was on Christmas Eve and they got a lot of goodies and special experiences), but I had to tell you guys! I'm so excited!

Ok, back to the topic we're supposed to be here to discuss....those 5 boys. That Twisted Helena thing is weird! I don't know what to think of it. And, I did not do the goth pic/video thing. Though I did add the laboratory to my friend list on myspace. I wonder what's up with that whole thing??? Are they going to put someone in the video for Twisted, is it going to be the next single? And what's with Jordan's "tink"? He said he was going to post a picture on Twitter. I'm loving Joe's new "Thank You" song....."5 Brothers and A Million Sisters"....very sweet. Donnie is starting to turn me off a bit on Twitter....sometimes he says the strangest things and I wonder if he laughs at the lengths he puts everyone through and enjoys the power trip of a million girls doing these odd things he tells them to I'm not digging his personality on there too well. Is it just me or does anyone else feel that way? I still have to love him though.

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 04-27-2009, 11:11 AM   #1420
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

After one of Donnie's tweets yesterday I am convinced that he is using this Twisted Helena thing as a contest to win a trip to his label launch party this weekend. I knew he was headed somewhere with it when he said there would be a payoff for those who do the most. Then yesterday he asked if anyone likes the East Coast and parties and then he said "hmmmmm". So, I am happy that I submitted my picture, but now I want to do a video since the picture was so fun. My BFF is driving up tomorrow night and we are going to get our Goth on for the video camera!

I need your help with our video. I need good pics of the guys... clear face shots... in their Celtics jerseys from the concerts. Anyone have any good ones?
Old 04-27-2009, 11:40 AM   #1421
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Hey ladies! It seems I've missed a lot. I was in Williamsburg for the weekend and it was absolutely gorgeous. Good to know the good weather is continuing back in Jersey. It's in the 80s today! We skipped spring and went straight to summer.

What is this Twisted Helena thing? I'm too lazy to read through all of Donnie's tweets.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 04-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #1422
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Hey ladies! It seems I've missed a lot. I was in Williamsburg for the weekend and it was absolutely gorgeous. Good to know the good weather is continuing back in Jersey. It's in the 80s today! We skipped spring and went straight to summer.

What is this Twisted Helena thing? I'm too lazy to read through all of Donnie's tweets.
Super jealous of your nice weather!

Twisted helena is a video that Donnie found online. Here is the link http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=56342462 Watch it acouple of times and read the beginning carefully so that you get it. He posted that Friday and then Saturday asked people to dress like goth leprechauns (still love that one, Kim!) and take pics or video and post on this site http://www.myspace.com/thelaboratory1

My opinion is that it is a contest without being labeled as such. Only time will tell. If you want to take part, you have until Wednesday to post.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:46 PM   #1423
kte28
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
After one of Donnie's tweets yesterday I am convinced that he is using this Twisted Helena thing as a contest to win a trip to his label launch party this weekend. I knew he was headed somewhere with it when he said there would be a payoff for those who do the most. Then yesterday he asked if anyone likes the East Coast and parties and then he said "hmmmmm". So, I am happy that I submitted my picture, but now I want to do a video since the picture was so fun. My BFF is driving up tomorrow night and we are going to get our Goth on for the video camera!

I need your help with our video. I need good pics of the guys... clear face shots... in their Celtics jerseys from the concerts. Anyone have any good ones?
Here ya go, Heather. I'm sending you the links to all my NKOTB photo albums. Between my best friend and I we took about 29468927346098 photos. There are obviously lots of non-Celtic jersey wearing New Kids ones, but it would have taken me forever to post links to the individual pics since there are so many:
http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/567529831omMtvO (Boston 9/6/08, 9/26/08, & 9/28/08)
http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/567563234mCANgZ (Boston 9/28/08...I spent my birthday with the New Kids )
http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/568589641nGIEvQ (Mohegan 11/8/08)
http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/568662100VXlRxI (Mohegan 11/8/08)

Please ignore some of the terrible shots...I stopped paying attention and just was clickin' away...also ignore some of the pics of my friend and I...we tend to pose ridiculously for the camera a lot...if you can't tell by some of the pics tagged of me in facebook.

Hope everyone had a great weekend! It was gorgeous and summer like, and I spent it either running errands or studying. My last final is today, though! Then next week starts a whole new semester. It never ends!

WDW June/July 1992 - WDW July 1994 - WDW July 1995 - WDW July 1996 - WDW July 1997 - WDW July 1998 - WDW July 1999 - WDW July 2000 - WDW/Disney Wonder July 2001 - WDW/Disney Magic July 2002 - WDW/RCL July 2004/RCL - WDW April 2007 - WDW July 2008 - WDW August 2009 - US/IOA August 2010 - WDW July 2012
- WDW July 2014
Old 04-27-2009, 01:00 PM   #1424
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmelo View Post
Hi everyone! Just checking in since it's been awhile. It sounds like everyone had good/busy weekends! We're on our 3rd day of 80s temps. We finally broke down and turned on the AC last night because we checked on Nicolas and he was sweating in bed. I am in the process of making plans for our trip to Cleveland next Monday. We're staying there for 2 nights (Alone!) because I have a friend who lives there and is actually the warehouse manager for A Christmas Story House & Museum. When we went to the convention in November we were chatting with her and Brian (the guy who owns the house) and I was joking about how I wanted Doug to bid on the overnight stay in the house on Christmas Eve they had on ebay as a charity auction (it was way pricey!) for me and he told me he was sure something could be arranged since I was a friend My mouth dropped! So, we are staying in THE HOUSE from the movie! My favorite movie of all time! It's supposed to be kind of low key since people actually paid a lot of money to stay there (though it was on Christmas Eve and they got a lot of goodies and special experiences), but I had to tell you guys! I'm so excited!

Ok, back to the topic we're supposed to be here to discuss....those 5 boys. That Twisted Helena thing is weird! I don't know what to think of it. And, I did not do the goth pic/video thing. Though I did add the laboratory to my friend list on myspace. I wonder what's up with that whole thing??? Are they going to put someone in the video for Twisted, is it going to be the next single? And what's with Jordan's "tink"? He said he was going to post a picture on Twitter. I'm loving Joe's new "Thank You" song....."5 Brothers and A Million Sisters"....very sweet. Donnie is starting to turn me off a bit on Twitter....sometimes he says the strangest things and I wonder if he laughs at the lengths he puts everyone through and enjoys the power trip of a million girls doing these odd things he tells them to I'm not digging his personality on there too well. Is it just me or does anyone else feel that way? I still have to love him though.
I didn't realize your trip was coming up so quick! Have fun! I hope dh and I get a break soon. I'm trying to figure something out. I'd so like to check out for a couple days.

Where can I hear Joe's song?

Donnie's tweets are annoying me too. Most of the time after reading them I end with a . Not so much the Twisted Helena thing, although I did tell my mom that I think he likes the power of his words. But just the "today I will be all that I am and not more......how full is your cup".....etc..etc....It's starting to bug me.

On Jordan's tink thing...for some reason my first thought was "tinkle". So I was thinking maybe his youngest son was potty training? I think he's about the right age and it is pretty exciting. But then over the weekend he started talking about Dante and the video and seeing "tink" so I'm thinking maybe not. Maybe he's channeling Tinkerwings?

Old 04-27-2009, 01:03 PM   #1425
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Thanks!!! I will look at them now. I realized when I was going through my pics from the 5 concerts that I went to that I really need a new camera. there are not a lot that I feel are very good. My friends and I have been known to pose in ridiculous ways quite frequently, too. We can't have a night out without a Charlie's Angels shot. Few of those on facebook!

Shelby, I remember you having some awesome pics from the AC. What kind of camera do you have?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: