Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #256
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

A little humor for a Tuesday...

Here are a couple of funny shots that my sister got at the Baltimore show...

Someone catch Joe before he falls off the stage!

Anyone know CPR? Joe may be having trouble... I will gladly volunteer to do mouth to mouth!
Old 03-24-2009, 10:11 PM   #257
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Cute pics Heather. Joe looks like he's just running away from it all!!!!

I can't sleep. I've been laying in bed for over an hour and I'm wide awake and can't make myself go to sleep. So what better to do that go online.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2009, 10:33 PM   #258
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brae's Mom View Post
Cute pics Heather. Joe looks like he's just running away from it all!!!!

I can't sleep. I've been laying in bed for over an hour and I'm wide awake and can't make myself go to sleep. So what better to do that go online.
Sounds like what I do and then I am even more awake. Hope you get some sleep before the big day tomorrow!!! Can't wait to hear about it! Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 06:55 AM   #259
Brae's Mom
In need of a Disney Fix.......NOW!!!!!!

Good Morning Girls!!!! I'm off to get hugs from our boys!!! Will tell you everything when I get back!!!! Wish me luck
Old 03-25-2009, 07:15 AM   #260
ilovefh
Is it Disney time yet?

I need positive thoughts from everyone! I felt like I was getting a head cold yesterday, crappy but manageable. This morning I woke up with a yucky stomach bug. I need to feel okay enough to go tonight! Think positive for me!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #261
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Crystal - HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!! I hope Donnie's a LOT friendlier!!

Here are a couple funny ones I took too...

Jordan was cracking up about something and filling Joe in...

Apparently Joe thought it was funny too...check out his face...he was cracking up and it made him look kind of creepy!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 03-25-2009, 09:27 AM   #262
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefh View Post
I need positive thoughts from everyone! I felt like I was getting a head cold yesterday, crappy but manageable. This morning I woke up with a yucky stomach bug. I need to feel okay enough to go tonight! Think positive for me!
Oh no! I hope you can go!!! Feel better soon!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post
Crystal - HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!! I hope Donnie's a LOT friendlier!!

Here are a couple funny ones I took too...

Jordan was cracking up about something and filling Joe in...

Apparently Joe thought it was funny too...check out his face...he was cracking up and it made him look kind of creepy!
I know what they were laughing about! In the first one Jordan is making fun of some girl in the audience and doing the same thing she was doing with her legs and arms... fists at sides sort of jumping up and down running tyoe of thing. He had been pointing at her and laughing his butt off! I was cracking up watching it!
Old 03-25-2009, 09:29 AM   #263
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures! They look like they're having so much fun.

Have fun Crystal!!!! Give Joe an extra squeeze from me!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 03-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #264
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Here is the link to the promised video, my little sister's response to Donnie F'ing Wahlberg. Keep in mind that this is my VERY reserved, federal budget analyst sister. I am still shocked she did this! Language warning!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQJXb...e=channel_page

Remember that contest our radio station was having for the 5* package? This is how it played out. My NK partner in crime, Sadie, was in charge of submitting our ideas since I would be on my way to NYC. The radio people cracked up with the drive-thru idea, fell in love with our other idea. Downtown Des Moines is connected by a system of skywalks. We wanted to take our New Kids sleeping bags to the skywalks on the morning of the concert and use them to hop through the skywalks singing New Kids songs and soliciting donations for rememberbetty.org. The radio personalities loved it! This was on Tuesday morning. Winner was to be chosen on Friday morning (of last week). Thursday morning I get a voicemail from Sadie saying that she has good and bad news. The contest rules were changed due to insurance issues at the radio station. They announced on air that they had great entries, from swallowing a goldfish to one called "Hopping for Hooters", sadie's creative title, that involved raising money for breast cancer research. One of the 3 morning people said that ours would have been his choice and then the other two agreed. Knife in the heart! So close! Like I said, they changed the rules. Now it turned into a "who you know contest" and they listed 5 local celebs... 2 news people, the governor, Ashton Kutcher and Shawn Johnson (who we actually got an email address from thanks to Sadie's neighbors who are the ISU gymnastics coaches). First person to get one of these "celebrities" to call in to the morning show and sing Hangin Tough would win the VIP package. Needless to say, we did not win. The governor called in for one of his staff members. Ugh! Turned into a contest that was all about who you know! I am still bitter!!!

OK, sorry, just needed to do my NKOTB vent! Carry on!!!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:11 PM   #265
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Wish I could see the video. Stupid surf control.

Sorry to hear about the contest! That stinks that they turned it into that! You guys would have definitely won otherwise!! And to tell Danny, in person, how the 5* was won would have been amazing.

Any word on if they're definitely doing a summer tour? I want a 5* for that. My sister and I are already agreed that when we go again, that's the way to do it.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 03-25-2009, 12:17 PM   #266
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Wish I could see the video. Stupid surf control.

Sorry to hear about the contest! That stinks that they turned it into that! You guys would have definitely won otherwise!! And to tell Danny, in person, how the 5* was won would have been amazing.

Any word on if they're definitely doing a summer tour? I want a 5* for that. My sister and I are already agreed that when we go again, that's the way to do it.
We would have been able to present the check to Danny at the 5*

I have not heard anything else about the summer tour, just that Donnie still says outdoor venues. I am thinking amphitheater's and State Fair Grandstands. Our State Fair lineup has already been announced with no holes to fill, so guess that is out. Minnesota's lineup has yet to be announced, though.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #267
eh24fan
I was such a NKOTB nerd
I was dancing like a fool and having a great time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post

I have not heard anything else about the summer tour, just that Donnie still says outdoor venues. I am thinking amphitheater's and State Fair Grandstands. Our State Fair lineup has already been announced with no holes to fill, so guess that is out. Minnesota's lineup has yet to be announced, though.
Our State Fair lineup has had a hole since they announced the others, just saying it would be announced later. Then Katy Perry backed out, leaving another. I'm soooooo hoping that the first hole is for NKOTB!

Old 03-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #268
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post

We have an outdoor venue here, PNC Arts Center. It's like ten minutes from my house. I can't imagine a NKOTB show there though. There's lawn seating and people would get trampled. Then again, they have Ozzfest there so how bad could it be?

Our state fair is the Meadowlands. If they're going to be there, you might as well have it at one of the arenas!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 03-25-2009, 01:55 PM   #269
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Cute song, Heather!

Crystal - Have fun!!!!

Like my new pics? My dd5 is gone and dd1 is asleep! Ahh, the sweet sound of silence.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:29 PM   #270
lovemickeya
Blockhead forever

Video is too funny.

As for the summer tour... I still hope it isnt outside, it is so stinken hot here in the middle of the summer and We just dont have any good place to have a concert here outdoors. The state fair would be a nightmare. UGH I am holding out hope for the dates and venues.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: