Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #1636
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerag View Post
So what did Tink mean? I'm not on Twitter so I don't know.
It's the sound he imagines his eyes make when he opens them in the morning.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 05-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #1637
walkerag
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
It's the sound he imagines his eyes make when he opens them in the morning.
Oh brother
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #1638
Marshmelo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
I think my hubby will be all for Disneyland and a short cruise out of Los Angeles. I think he will welcome the change. Has to involve Disney parks because I told the kids we would get there this year... I just don't have the energy to take three small kids there alone! So, it has to be during his R&R. I keep thinking of the AWESOME deals available for military at WDW this year. Unfortunately they will not be offered at Disneyland when we can go. At WDW my hubby can get in free, the rest of us $99 each!!! PLUS 40 % off hotels and they are allowing us to add the dining plan to the discounted room rate. It is a pretty unbelievable deal!

Keep the ideas coming!
You do need to see Disneyland at least once. It is much smaller than WDW, but it's just different...I don't think you would be disappointed. Or, if you decide you can't pass up the WDW discounts how about a land/sea vacation? The Disney Cruise is the BEST!

1981 - My 1st trip to The World 1985 - 9th B-day in Disneyland 1994 - Disney's Village Resort 1996 - Disney Institute 1998 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2001 - Treehouse Villa @ Disney Institute 2002 - off property rental home 2003 - 4 nt Cruise Only - he proposed! 2004 - 3 nt Cruise, Pop Century, and rental home 2005 - Disneyland

I LOVE NKOTB!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:44 PM   #1639
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Anyone have any DisneyLand pics? I'd love to see them!!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 05-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #1640
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmelo View Post
You do need to see Disneyland at least once. It is much smaller than WDW, but it's just different...I don't think you would be disappointed. Or, if you decide you can't pass up the WDW discounts how about a land/sea vacation? The Disney Cruise is the BEST!
Good to hear! That's what I'm doing in September!

I've wanted to go to Disneyland because of the different variations of the rides they have vs. WDW. And the stuff that WDW doesn't have at all! Matterhorn anyone??

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 05-07-2009, 03:12 PM   #1641
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Here is one from Disneyland Paris... Disneyland, just wrong city! Look how little the girls were! I had just found out I was pregannt with Aubrey on this trip. Disneyland Paris is kind of a joke, but it was a fun time. We spent one day there on our trip to Paris for our anniversary in 2003. Miss living in Germany and all of the amazing travel opportunities!!!

Old 05-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #1642
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

I just realized what a bad picture of my husband that is! He would be less than thrilled if he knew I posted it!!!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #1643
angey77
DIS Veteran

Heather, Disneyland is AMAZING!
I am a huge WDW fan (trip #25 coming up in two weeks) but there is just something about DL. Maybe it's that it was the original park and Walt was there himself. But the details are amazing, it is quaint and no matter where you are, you are a short walk back to a Disneyland resort.
Even though it is much smaller than WDW, it didn't bother me. There was always something to do or see and the variation on rides is amazing.
Just try to avoid weekends. The two times I have been in the past few years, it is crazy on weekends.
I'm about to head out to the eye doctor, but when I get back, maybe I can post a link to the pics from our two trips. We plan on going back in May 2010!
Old 05-07-2009, 03:33 PM   #1644
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Oooooh pics!! I can't wait to see them!

Love the one you posted, Heather. Your girls were small!! Your hubby looks fine, just hunched over looking at his girls.

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
Old 05-07-2009, 05:18 PM   #1645
angey77
DIS Veteran

OK, trying something new and the DL albums are my first venture into it:
http://angey.shutterfly.com/
Old 05-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #1646
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I'm looking thru your pics Angey, they're great! They take your picture on Space Mountain there?? Jealous! That's one of my favorites.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Old 05-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #1647
angey77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm looking thru your pics Angey, they're great! They take your picture on Space Mountain there?? Jealous! That's one of my favorites.
Yeah, the pic on Space Mtn is awesome!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #1648
cruiserkaren
Who Dey!
here I am.......still blank

Quote:
Oh lord, don't even get me started on how stupid that whole thing is/was.
Tell us how you really feel Jenny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid
I think my hubby will be all for Disneyland and a short cruise out of Los Angeles. I think he will welcome the change. Has to involve Disney parks because I told the kids we would get there this year... I just don't have the energy to take three small kids there alone! So, it has to be during his R&R. I keep thinking of the AWESOME deals available for military at WDW this year. Unfortunately they will not be offered at Disneyland when we can go. At WDW my hubby can get in free, the rest of us $99 each!!! PLUS 40 % off hotels and they are allowing us to add the dining plan to the discounted room rate. It is a pretty unbelievable deal!

Keep the ideas coming!
Wow! That may be too good a deal to pass up! I'd like to see DL because it's the original. That alone would be worth it.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #1649
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

I looked through one of your Disneyland albums, Angey. Awesome pics!!! There is one of your hubby in front of a roller coaster and he is wearing an LSU jersey... the palm tree behind him looks like hair... it is too funny!!! Love the Space MTN pics, too!
Old 05-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #1650
angey77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmdavid View Post
I looked through one of your Disneyland albums, Angey. Awesome pics!!! There is one of your hubby in front of a roller coaster and he is wearing an LSU jersey... the palm tree behind him looks like hair... it is too funny!!! Love the Space MTN pics, too!
OMG, I have never noticed the "excess" hair on Jason. That is pretty funny.
The story behind those pics is the first time we were in California and leaving San Diego for DL the next day, I looked at him and said "You know when I will know I am in DL? When I am on California Screamin'!"
That day, the local news came on and said there was an accident on, you guessed it, CS, and it was closed for an unspecified amount of time! AAAAHHH!
So, we just took pics in front of it ... and he had on the LSU jersey. Next time we went, he had to pretty much take the same pic again, but this time with a working ride behind him.
I hope WDW puts ride pics in Space Mtn. with the refurb.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: